TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

2 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The sensors don't know any better, you define them in the app, so yes, you can have 2 drivers. 

Welp. ordering a set of Arccos sensors then 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, Thin2win said:

The sensors don't know any better, you define them in the app, so yes, you can have 2 drivers. 

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Welp. ordering a set of Arccos sensors then 🙂

As a matter of fact, I currently have 2 putters tagged in mine. I don't take them out at the same time but it makes it really easy to change which one I'm using for the day without having to move and retag back and forth. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Welp. ordering a set of Arccos sensors then

Looking forward to seeing your 7w launched 350!

This is the way that I’m going to be gathering on course data to test clubs. And if you want to save some $, just take the sensor from your least used club and put it in the second driver.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I ended up buying some extra sensors so now I have 18 because I swap clubs out depending on course conditions i.e 3i, 3h, 4h, 60' W.

The app has 2w thru to 15w  and also x and xx labels soo you could probably use these rather than 7i!

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I did not want to knock my Cobra F8 out so I made the Callaway Rogue “2W” with a separate sensor. So far so good.... the only thing is it still recommends Driver off the tee.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What's the difference between Arccos Caddie and Arccos 360 on Amazon? One is $249 and the other is $219

Edit: figured it out, they rebranded it to Arccos Caddie. Doesn't matter anyways Amazon won't ship it to Hawaii

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

What's the difference between Arccos Caddie and Arccos 360 on Amazon? One is $249 and the other is $219

Edit: figured it out, they rebranded it to Arccos Caddie. Doesn't matter anyways Amazon won't ship it to Hawaii emoji24.png

Can you order directly from Arccos and have it delivered to the islands?

Can you order directly from Arccos and have it delivered to the islands?
It's possible but Amazon is so much cheaper. I might try the Amazon delivery box when the in laws go to Vegas next week

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

It's possible but Amazon is so much cheaper. I might try the Amazon delivery box when the in laws go to Vegas next week

Good plan.  Let us know how you like the system.

Just installed the smart grips last night, will give them a try this afternoon.

Only thing I'm trying to be sure of is......the instructions do not say to have bluetooth on and running during my round (but yes I used to pair clubs), but common sense seems to indicate I need to have it on during round to communicate with sensors while playing? For the life of me I'm finding answers going both ways

40 minutes ago, Trial&Error said:

Just installed the smart grips last night, will give them a try this afternoon.

Only thing I'm trying to be sure of is......the instructions do not say to have bluetooth on and running during my round (but yes I used to pair clubs), but common sense seems to indicate I need to have it on during round to communicate with sensors while playing? For the life of me I'm finding answers going both ways

Welcome to shot tracking!

On the course, bluetooth needs to stay on as it is used for detecting shots.  The system uses bluetooth to register that a shot occurred and which club you used based on the pairing process.

Sorry Pavlord, your wrong you'll only need Bluetooth if you're using the new Link belt attachment.

The sensors use ultrasonics to communicate with your phone not Bluetooth, hence when you're pairing the phone asks for access to your microphone. 

WIMB

Gents, thank you both! I forgot about the phone asking to use my microphone so that makes total sense now. I kept thinking "there's just no way they would NOT include the bluetooth in the instructions for play"..................but my mind kept asking "but then how does it know and I'm finding plenty where it says use bluetooth."

Anyways, thank you guys, excited to try this out, I want to like it, so I'll give it a few months while the grips wear out and then assess.

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

Sorry Pavlord, your wrong you'll only need Bluetooth if you're using the new Link belt attachment.

The sensors use ultrasonics to communicate with your phone not Bluetooth, hence when you're pairing the phone asks for access to your microphone. 

Happy to know that is the case.  Thank you for double checking.  I had found this info on the Arccos site and hence my statement:
image.png.0970803f6f2057b1eb252fb3a628d1bb.png

Perhaps with the updated way that the sensors work, the Arccos site needs updated.

The 360 sensors use both the mic and bluetooth. I don't know if the grips work differently. However you are not able to use bluetooth with any other device ie speaker while using Arccos. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Sorry Pavlord I stand corrected, a case of RTFM. I've always got BT turned on so just went thru the pairing process without having to enter any pairing code. 

I also just went out to try it and it won't go past the pair screen without BT being on.

I tried to see see what my iPhone sees when it pairs or I take the club out the bag and it doesn't list the sensor in the BT menu. So I've got to assume it is hidden in the app.

THEZIPR23's comment has got me wondering, I use a Fitbit Versa which is paired to my iPhone does this affect the connectivity speed of sensor? May account for some of my missed shots in the past.

Just a side note you should be able to connect multiple devices simultaneously to your phone depending on the type.

WIMB

Well, update as for my excursion. It was a horror show. At first I teed off and tried with no bluetooth on, it did not pick up my tee shot, but did pick up a wedge shot, and no putts. Went back and played the hole again, different clubs, same thing. The fact it recorded W/O bluetooth seemed to indicate it would work without.

Tried a few more holes, not recording but 1 shot each hole. I checked the sensors on course, they alll said they were paired and working and identified correct clubs. Now I'm getting pissed and so not paying attention to golf.

So I say lets turn on bluetooth see if anything changes, nope, still sucked. Went o course on full phone charge, had it in front left pocket, sensors say they work, and I stopped and restarted 5 rounds (selecting the hole I was then playing) as starting point.......................and had the most number of holes in one of any one on the planet earth.

Terrible start to say the least. In the morning I'm going to unpair and repair all sensors, try again, and if I cant get this to work, Im ditching these while under the 30 day trial b/c it was just that bad today.

My "last attempt" at a round today was starting a "new round" from what ever hole I was on, I played 7 holes just leaving it in pocket and not touching until done (b/c of frustration) and I shot -21 under par. Go me

Sorry the above seems kind of "rant'ish." Just pretty dismayed how the first attempt went.

So, I just logged in on the Arccos "Dashboard" online to review. And the mentioned holes where I said I finally just started "4th round" of the day and just said screw it, leave it in pocket and see what it records. Well, I recorded for score: a 2 on #8, 1 on #9, 1 on #10, nothing on #11, 1 on #12, 2 on #13, 1 on #14, nothing for holes 15, 16, 17, and finally a 1 on #18.

I mean I knew they claimed they will help lower your scores and handicap, but I did not know this was the way! LOL (Friday night humor).

Sorry the above seems kind of "rant'ish." Just pretty dismayed how the first attempt went.
So, I just logged in on the Arccos "Dashboard" online to review. And the mentioned holes where I said I finally just started "4th round" of the day and just said screw it, leave it in pocket and see what it records. Well, I recorded for score: a 2 on #8, 1 on #9, 1 on #10, nothing on #11, 1 on #12, 2 on #13, 1 on #14, nothing for holes 15, 16, 17, and finally a 1 on #18.
I mean I knew they claimed they will help lower your scores and handicap, but I did not know this was the way! LOL (Friday night humor).

This sounds a little similar to my first experience. I do feel that the system learns to “hear” what your shot is over time. I also had better luck the more often I played a course.

A tip that may help is when you have your phone in your pocket, make sure that the microphone is pointed at the ground. I found that when I did this with my phone, the system registered more shots.

9 hours ago, palvord said:

This sounds a little similar to my first experience. I do feel that the system learns to “hear” what your shot is over time. I also had better luck the more often I played a course.

A tip that may help is when you have your phone in your pocket, make sure that the microphone is pointed at the ground. I found that when I did this with my phone, the system registered more shots.

Thank you @palvord, I just went back and read your stage 1 and 2 reviews predicated off that information. I see in your stage 2 where you gave it Accuracy (3 out of 10 points) , and yes reading your comments seem similiar to my first exposure to this system yesterday.

Gues my question now would be, so did you decide to keep using the sytem or have you dumped it and foregone all the distraction and frustration?

Thank you [mention=78805]palvord[/mention], I just went back and read your stage 1 and 2 reviews predicated off that information. I see in your stage 2 where you gave it Accuracy (3 out of 10 points) , and yes reading your comments seem similiar to my first exposure to this system yesterday.
Gues my question now would be, so did you decide to keep using the sytem or have you dumped it and foregone all the distraction and frustration?

I am going to continue using the system as it helps with understanding my game and what I need to work on.

Knowing that the system drops shots, I have learned how to edit my round during or after play to gain the knowledge about my game and gain the insight needed to improve.

Was out today and leaving my iPhone in my pocket it only dropped 2 shots which were both putts. This was leaving my fitbit at home i.e no other device was paired with the phone.

Let me try and guess what the shot process is for Arccos recording a shot. You take the club out the bag. the solar cell on the top of the sensor activates and starts the Bluetooth pairing and identifies the club, this will take several seconds. The phone is then waiting for a sound of club and ball contact, it will then record the position and club used. If you then hit another shot within a 5 yard radius it will ignore the 1st shot and replace it with the last shot played.

As anyone that has read my review will know I have had mixed results on dropped shots and I always put it down to the phone not picking up the shot. I'm quite a quick player, I don't really have a practice swing more a waggle then hit, I'm now wondering if the mis-shots are more to do with the pairing time rather than the phone mic not picking up the shot.

My driver sensor is now worn and dirt has ingressed the sensor and over the winter season in low light conditions it has been the most unreliable recorded shot. So again this would tie in with pairing rather than the shot not being picked up. 

Anyway, first competition of the new season  today, betterball format in 2 club wind; 78 with a triple at the 2nd. Came in 3 under winners 13 under!!!!!

WIMB

Was out today and leaving my iPhone in my pocket it only dropped 2 shots which were both putts. This was leaving my fitbit at home i.e no other device was paired with the phone.
Let me try and guess what the shot process is for Arccos recording a shot. You take the club out the bag. the solar cell on the top of the sensor activates and starts the Bluetooth pairing and identifies the club, this will take several seconds. The phone is then waiting for a sound of club and ball contact, it will then record the position and club used. If you then hit another shot within a 5 yard radius it will ignore the 1st shot and replace it with the last shot played.
As anyone that has read my review will know I have had mixed results on dropped shots and I always put it down to the phone not picking up the shot. I'm quite a quick player, I don't really have a practice swing more a waggle then hit, I'm now wondering if the mis-shots are more to do with the pairing time rather than the phone mic not picking up the shot.
My driver sensor is now worn and dirt has ingressed the sensor and over the winter season in low light conditions it has been the most unreliable recorded shot. So again this would tie in with pairing rather than the shot not being picked up. 
Anyway, first competition of the new season  today, betterball format in 2 club wind; 78 with a triple at the 2nd. Came in 3 under winners 13 under!!!!!

Great round!

I think that dropped shots are a reality with any tracking system that isn’t a manual system. The perks of Arccos is that they collate your data and are able to make recommendations for you based on that data rather than you needing to collate and decipher the data.

I agree, I can live with the occasional dropped putt when you have to spend 10-15 minutes a round to edit the data is when it is an issue.

The power is in the analytics, showing your weaknesses so you can improve. Which Arccos has proven to me it is worth the investment.

WIMB

Well I gave it another shot today, I checked that all the sensors were working and paired last night, all identified as functioning and paired.

1st hole, picked up 1 shot again. I sat after #1 adding the 3 other shots and fumbling through it. #2, it picked up one shot, once again I sit and add the needed info. #3, records one shot, I sit and edit info. #4 it's somehow registered a putt I didnt take. I'm pissed off and frustrated and say "screw this I cant deal with this."

I'm just not willing to pay a subscription to sit and log anywhere from 52-67 shots.................it's supposed to do that for me. I'm going to contact Arccos I guess but damned if I did not have half a mind to drag my clubs in and cut those grips off at current time.

I've never had it that bad, what kind of phone are you using?

WIMB

Samsung S7. I know Android systmes used to be bad with these but from what I gathered that was mostly taken care of now. Maybe I was wrong and that's my mistake, tough to know at this point.

Playing again today and I won't be attempting to use the system, just can't stand the thought of another round of frustration, so back to standard golf as we know it for the time being.

Some quick thoughts here:

Bluetooth - I believe that the 1st Gen Arccos sensors used BT, but the 360s use sound only. 

Samsung S7 - Avoid at all costs. See the thread for the Cobra Connect Challenge last year and all the trouble that @MDGolfHacker had with an S7. If you have a backup phone, I'd use that. A cheap iPhone SE is a great device for Arccos. I realize that having a dedicated device for Arccos is a massive hassle. 

Dropped shots - Sensors are light activated. You WILL drop shots at dusk. With my phone, I keep it oriented with the mic down and screen facing outward. I drop one or two shots a round, not enough to throw this out. If you consistently miss shots, I'd run diagnostics. 

Dropped putts - Sole the putter behind the ball before each putt, even if it's a tap in. Honestly, I just add the missed putts in later. 

It's not perfect by any stretch, but the analytics are so good that it's worth the hassle for me. 

@gregarccos may be able to help you out if he's still hanging out around here. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Not sure if it was to compete with the Shot Scope price drop, but got Arccos on the way to me for $200 from Amazon. I've been wanting it for a while now, and now that the Epic Flash test is coming up I figured it would only help me do a better job. I get stats and get to do a better comparison for the forums, trigger pulled!