TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

First round with Arccos was a huge success!

No issues with tagging, but when I reviewed my round after...the stats were interesting to say the least. It had me at a 26 handicap for approach and max handicap for chipping, and a +4.6 for putting. I consider myself a pretty horrible putter, so I knew something was fishy.

Just reviewed the data and found out why -- some of the flag locations were off, and my proximity to the hole was incorrect on a few holes. It had me having holed out from 40' and a total of 150' in putts in total for 9 holes. After adjusting some of the pin locations and guesstimating how far my holed putts were (the 1-putts) it is a little more accurate. I didn't 3-putt today, but I think 0.1 is still generous, but this is a sample size of one 9-hole round so we shall see! Thanks reviewers and everyone that contributed to the thread, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger if the feedback wasn't so positive.

arccoscaps.JPG

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

No issues with tagging, but when I reviewed my round after...the stats were interesting to say the least. It had me at a 26 handicap for approach and max handicap for chipping, and a +4.6 for putting. I consider myself a pretty horrible putter, so I knew something was fishy.

Just reviewed the data and found out why -- some of the flag locations were off, and my proximity to the hole was incorrect on a few holes. It had me having holed out from 40' and a total of 150' in putts in total for 9 holes. After adjusting some of the pin locations and guesstimating how far my holed putts were (the 1-putts) it is a little more accurate. I didn't 3-putt today, but I think 0.1 is still generous, but this is a sample size of one 9-hole round so we shall see! Thanks reviewers and everyone that contributed to the thread, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger if the feedback wasn't so positive.

arccoscaps.JPG

Great stuff man. Are you using your phone or the link? 

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

arccoscaps.JPG

Happy to hear that you had a good experience in your first round. As you play more rounds, your handicaps will adjust and average out. 

I haven't played with the function yet, but adjusting pin locations can be done on the course from what I read. I'm not sure if you are a person that wants to tinker with those things in round or after. 

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Great to see it is working out for you. I can't wait to get out and start golfing... Hopefully next weekend and hopefully going to see some progress with arccos!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, palvord said:
Happy to hear that you had a good experience in your first round. As you play more rounds, your handicaps will adjust and average out. 
I haven't played with the function yet, but adjusting pin locations can be done on the course from what I read. I'm not sure if you are a person that wants to tinker with those things in round or after. 

I'd rather do it on course, so hopefully it's as easy as it says.

Apparently you just stand next to the flag and press the flag with the crosshair button and it'll adjust? The less I have to do at home the better. I'm playing tomorrow I'll try it out.

7 hours ago, jlukes said:

Great stuff man. Are you using your phone or the link? 

Phone! I actually didn't mind it which was kind of surprising. I might hold off on link since I read that Arccos is supposedly working on something for wearable android devices. Found it on social media and I can't find it or I would link it for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I'd rather do it on course, so hopefully it's as easy as it says.

Apparently you just stand next to the flag and press the flag with the crosshair button and it'll adjust? The less I have to do at home the better. I'm playing tomorrow I'll try it out.

Not sure if you are using iOS or Android, but what I have found is that marking the pin location on the green takes just a little too long. Plus if you are playing with other people it looks funny standing next to the flag with your phone out and trying to mark it's location. What I do is when waiting to hit a shot somewhere I will go through and mark the pins for say the 3 previous holes. There is a little more adjusting than I would really like but the statistical feedback is worth it IMO. Play around with a couple different ways to mark and figure out which way works for you. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Not sure if you are using iOS or Android, but what I have found is that marking the pin location on the green takes just a little too long. Plus if you are playing with other people it looks funny standing next to the flag with your phone out and trying to mark it's location. What I do is when waiting to hit a shot somewhere I will go through and mark the pins for say the 3 previous holes. There is a little more adjusting than I would really like but the statistical feedback is worth it IMO. Play around with a couple different ways to mark and figure out which way works for you. 

That's actually a good idea, then it'll be fresh in my mind as well

Just pre-ordered the Link for Arccos. Don’t need it, bu5 it will give me the option to not have iPhone in pocket.

Thus, I guess you could say I am going to continue using* Arccos after almost a year of activity.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just pre-ordered the Link for Arccos. Don’t need it, bu5 it will give me the option to not have iPhone in pocket.

Thus, I guess you could say I am going to continue using* Arccos after almost a year of activity.

They updated the app where you now can wear an Apple Watch and have your phone in your bag or cart. I’ve used it for 3 rounds and it works better than having your phone in your pocket (don’t miss shots like the phone does)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

I pre-ordered the Link as my iWatch is a Series 1 and does not have gps.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Anybody used the Siri shortcut "add flag", this should work better. i.e 1 button press without looking at the phone.  But you look stupid enough hovering around the hole with your phone never mind talking to it.

Is this an old man thing? 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

26 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Anybody used the Siri shortcut "add flag", this should work better. i.e 1 button press without looking at the phone.  But you look stupid enough hovering around the hole with your phone never mind talking to it.

Is this an old man thing? 

Haven't tried that yet, but will make sure to do so when the weather finally allows.

I'm staring at a weather forecast of rain for the next 5 days....

I've tried "add drive",  it is positional aware so it worked OK when I was on hole 1, it add the drive on that hole from the mapped teeing area to the next detected shot. On another round I realised on the 2nd tee that the drive was missing on hole 1, I tried  to add a drive on hole 1 by selecting the hole but it just gave me a new dive for hole 2.

Don't know if Link will allow for Siri Shortcuts, I really want to mount my phone on my trolley and leave it there. Currently my phone is in my front left pocket and with a glove it is awkward to get my hand in the pocket so I end up using my right hand to move the phone to the top of my pocket.

WIMB

I'm probably going to buy link now that I got a full round in. The battery drain is just too much. I have a nearly 3000 mAh battery and it took it from 95% to 25% in one 4.5hr round.

I'm going to confirm that I can edit shots with Link as I play and if so, I'll buy it. I read some battery life tips from Arccos and it says turn Bluetooth off? I thought that's how it tracks the shots, even with the Gen 2 sensors?

On 4/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, robertson153 said:

They updated the app where you now can wear an Apple Watch and have your phone in your bag or cart. I’ve used it for 3 rounds and it works better than having your phone in your pocket (don’t miss shots like the phone does)

That's interesting. I have had the exact opposite results, way more misses than with just the phone. I stopped using the watch feature although I did like it it was just missing too many shots. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'm probably going to buy link now that I got a full round in. The battery drain is just too much. I have a nearly 3000 mAh battery and it took it from 95% to 25% in one 4.5hr round.

I'm going to confirm that I can edit shots with Link as I play and if so, I'll buy it. I read some battery life tips from Arccos and it says turn Bluetooth off? I thought that's how it tracks the shots, even with the Gen 2 sensors?

I haven't had the battery drain but I am using iOS and know you are using Android. 

As far as bluetooth I haven't turned my off but I do know that you can't use another bluetooth device while using Arccos. So one would think that it is used to track shots. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:26 AM, yungkory said:

I didn't 3-putt today, but I think 0.1 is still generous, but this is a sample size of one 9-hole round so we shall see!

I think this is proof that putting is way harder than we think it is and our expectations are not in the realm of reality. 

I played an after work 9 today to work on establishing my baseline for the Cobra Connect Challenge. It was my first time using the updated app, and I am blown away!

The only shots that the system did not pick up were my tap in putts. The new feature of moving the flag helps so much with tracking the distance of your putts.

When I went to pick the ball out of the cup, I would bring out my phone, tap the green flag icon, and the choose move flag to my current location. Super simple and did not negatively impact the pace of my play.

Kudos to Arcccos for the upgrades to the system. Can’t wait to play more rounds to collect more data to work on lowering my handicap.

Haven't tried that yet, but will make sure to do so when the weather finally allows.
I'm staring at a weather forecast of rain for the next 5 days....

I didn’t get a chance to use the Siri feature as I didn’t set it up yet. I was trying to beat the dark and just adjusted for the flag using the “move flag to current location” feature.

Once I set that feature up, I’ll test it out.

Oooooo lookie. Didn't see this in the update notes but check out this here:

3064B174-CEA7-4213-9A29-A737597EC028.jpeg

That was one of my biggest gripes before that Arccos appeared to be penalizing your approach for punch outs. This was an automatic mark, I didn't have to add it.  Now they just need to add a strokes gained pitching out sideways stat. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

On 4/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, palvord said:

I didn’t get a chance to use the Siri feature as I didn’t set it up yet. I was trying to beat the dark and just adjusted for the flag using the “move flag to current location” feature.

That Siri feature gets on my nerves.

1) because, just like Siri, it has a hard time doing what you ask.

2) it just doesn't do the stuff I need when lining up a shot. 

3) you can't tell it to "never ask me again" so it's always popping up. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Oooooo lookie. Didn't see this in the update notes but check out this here:

3064B174-CEA7-4213-9A29-A737597EC028.jpeg

That was one of my biggest gripes before that Arccos appeared to be penalizing your approach for punch outs. This was an automatic mark, I didn't have to add it.  Now they just need to add a strokes gained pitching out sideways stat. 

Clubproguy would be so proud...

On 4/17/2019 at 2:20 AM, palvord said:

Tried it last night "set flag".

Got to set it up via iOS Arccos settings but once set worked a lot better than having to view phone and navigate through 2 screens

As long as Apps is running take phone out, activate Siri through home button and say "Set Flag" done.

Still feel like a bit of a twat talking to my phone, is it an age thing?

WIMB

I initially had problems with it asking me if I wanted to record a phrase but once I disabled it, it stopped.

But I've not set it up for Add Drive and Set Flag and I'm using it (sometimes) if no one is listening.

WIMB

I just played with Arccos Caddie via the new Apple Watch app.  Overall, I am impressed.  The Caddie feature is much better than I anticipated.  

It's just the beginning of the season for us in Michigan.  I played in less than ideal conditions (55 degrees and 10 - 20 MPH wind) on a course I had never played before.  A perfect opportunity to test the Caddie feature.

On the Apple Watch, Arccos provides "Measured" and "Plays Like" yardage which is supposed to consider temperature, elevation and wind.  I relied on the "plays like" yardage heavily due to the wind and temperature.  With the exception of one hole, it's "plays like" recommendation was spot on.  A killer feature.  The Apple Watch app was easy to use.  There were a couple of instances where it wasn't on the right hole.  I don't use it for anything but yards to pin, though.

One thing you should be aware of if you are using Arccos with the Apple Watch.  Unless you put your phone in Airplane mode, it will be using the GPS data from your phone rather than your watch.  This is because the Apple Watch battery runs down quickly when you are using the watch's GPS.  This means that while you won't have to keep your watch in your front pocket, you WILL need to keep it on you for accurate measurement.  Back pocket is better than front pocket I suppose, but it's kind of a bummer.

I've been reading about the Link.  The nice thing is it WILL have it's own GPS, so you won't need to drag your phone around.  But you will lose the Caddie feature unless they allow the GPS to pair with the Apple Watch.  I have reached out to Arccos to determine if the Link will pair with the Apple Watch.  If so, will be a big winner.  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I just played with Arccos Caddie via the new Apple Watch app.  Overall, I am impressed.  The Caddie feature is much better than I anticipated.  

It's just the beginning of the season for us in Michigan.  I played in less than ideal conditions (55 degrees and 10 - 20 MPH wind) on a course I had never played before.  A perfect opportunity to test the Caddie feature.

On the Apple Watch, Arccos provides "Measured" and "Plays Like" yardage which is supposed to consider temperature, elevation and wind.  I relied on the "plays like" yardage heavily due to the wind and temperature.  With the exception of one hole, it's "plays like" recommendation was spot on.  A killer feature.  The Apple Watch app was easy to use.  There were a couple of instances where it wasn't on the right hole.  I don't use it for anything but yards to pin, though.

One thing you should be aware of if you are using Arccos with the Apple Watch.  Unless you put your phone in Airplane mode, it will be using the GPS data from your phone rather than your watch.  This is because the Apple Watch battery runs down quickly when you are using the watch's GPS.  This means that while you won't have to keep your watch in your front pocket, you WILL need to keep it on you for accurate measurement.  Back pocket is better than front pocket I suppose, but it's kind of a bummer.

I've been reading about the Link.  The nice thing is it WILL have it's own GPS, so you won't need to drag your phone around.  But you will lose the Caddie feature unless they allow the GPS to pair with the Apple Watch.  I have reached out to Arccos to determine if the Link will pair with the Apple Watch.  If so, will be a big winner.  

I have loved the Arccos as well and the iwatch app works well. One thing i noticed is that i still need my phone to adjust the position of the pin on the green. Though most of the time the pin is located in the right place and i probably do not care that much about my average distance to pin and putting distance....

Im interested in that Link module though... Ive caught 3-4 times that the impact isnt detected though...

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

12 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I have loved the Arccos as well and the iwatch app works well. One thing i noticed is that i still need my phone to adjust the position of the pin on the green. Though most of the time the pin is located in the right place and i probably do not care that much about my average distance to pin and putting distance....

Im interested in that Link module though... Ive caught 3-4 times that the impact isnt detected though...

You are right about the pin location.  I plan on moving that around after the round.  I haven't tried it with the watch.  If it requires me to go onto another screen, I won't.  I like to keep it simple.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

You are right about the pin location.  I plan on moving that around after the round.  I haven't tried it with the watch.  If it requires me to go onto another screen, I won't.  I like to keep it simple.

Yea they should experiment trying to add a 3rd screen you can slide to on the watch for pin location.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I emailed Arccos regarding the Link and they said they're adding a button to it that will allow you to mark pin locations. Stand next to the pin, press the button.

The last week for pre order discount is now, and I pulled the trigger. Now that Link will do all of the heavy lifting, my battery life should be much improved as well. I don't use the caddie feature as I have a rangefinder and trust that more, I'm only interested in my stats.

Just popped back in here to say that Arccos support is top notch. I e-mailed them about one of the local courses having the incorrect yardages and par numbers (what's the correct term for this anyways?). A few days later they e-mailed me back and let me know that they updated it and that it is available for download! That's huge considering there is no subscription anymore, and makes me feel even better about buying their product(s).