TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

On 4/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That Siri feature gets on my nerves.

1) because, just like Siri, it has a hard time doing what you ask.

2) it just doesn't do the stuff I need when lining up a shot. 

3) you can't tell it to "never ask me again" so it's always popping up. 

All of this!

I tried using for a round and quit attempting after 3 holes. It is way more user friendly to just tap and move the flag on the screen. I would like to see a "never ask me again" feature for the Siri option.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

3 hours ago, palvord said:

All of this!

I tried using for a round and quit attempting after 3 holes. It is way more user friendly to just tap and move the flag on the screen. I would like to see a "never ask me again" feature for the Siri option.

Settings->Caddie->Siri & Search-> you can turn it off there for just the app. Shouldn't pop up after that. 

@GolfSpy STUDque

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

10 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Settings->Caddie->Siri & Search-> you can turn it off there for just the app. Shouldn't pop up after that. 

@GolfSpy STUDque

@THEZIPR23, thank you.

I honestly cannot believe I didn't think of that before.

Any android users have purchase a cheap small android phone to be their dedicated Arccos device? I was thinking about doing this since I'm on Google Fi and get get a free data only sim 

I thought about doing this with an iPod, but with the Link releasing soon, I'm not going to bother.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 5/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, jlukes said:

Any android users have purchase a cheap small android phone to be their dedicated Arccos device? I was thinking about doing this since I'm on Google Fi and get get a free data only sim 

I'm a dyed in the wool Android user, but I used a cheap iPhone SE for a while when I first got Arccos. 

A word of caution regarding Android phones. You are completely dependent upon the GPS accuracy of the phone. Not too long ago, I replaced my crappy Samsung J7 with a less crappy Moto G6. The G6 is actually a really great budget phone, but the GPS accuracy is subpar. I was recording shots that we're 50 yards off at times. I got in touch with Arccos support and they confirmed that very few of my shots were accurate within 5 yards. 

So now it's back to the J7 for golf. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 1 month later...

So I just joined the Arccos family, got my sensors and paired them yesterday.  So far so good.

I've read the last 11 pages of this thread, and lots of good info!  Thanks everyone for all the input.

My first question might have been covered early on that i didn't go back far enough to see.   I often go out and play 4 to 6 holes at a time.  Should I have Arccos on during those "rounds" will it throw any of my stats off, or is it just a matter of tracking club data to help me regardless of how many holes are played at a time.

Thanks

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I just joined the Arccos family, got my sensors and paired them yesterday.  So far so good.

I've read the last 11 pages of this thread, and lots of good info!  Thanks everyone for all the input.

My first question might have been covered early on that i didn't go back far enough to see.   I often go out and play 4 to 6 holes at a time.  Should I have Arccos on during those "rounds" will it throw any of my stats off, or is it just a matter of tracking club data to help me regardless of how many holes are played at a time.

Thanks

You can absolutely use it during partial rounds.  It just won't factor things into personal bests other than your longest drive.  The only time you shouldn't use Arccos is during a scramble - that will throw off your yardages big time (you can leave the sensors on, just don't use the app)

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks

How's the phone-in-the-pocket thing working?  what kind of phone are you using?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

You can absolutely use it during partial rounds.  It just won't factor things into personal bests other than your longest drive.  The only time you shouldn't use Arccos is during a scramble - that will throw off your yardages big time (you can leave the sensors on, just don't use the app)

Perfect!  Thanks a lot.  yeah, I definitely wouldn't have used it during a scramble.    But good to know partial rounds still factor into your club data.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

How's the phone-in-the-pocket thing working?  what kind of phone are you using?

I just paired them up yesterday, so I haven't played yet.  And leaving for vacation on Wed, I doubt I'll get out until sometime next week. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 1 month later...

I was one of the original reviewers for My Golf Spy for Arccos 360 and it is almost a year since I started using it as part of the original review. In this time, I have played/recorded 112 rounds all over Europe. I thought I would give an update on my experience.  

In my original review I broke down the functionality down into 4 area. 

1. GPS 2.0 = Rangefinder 

1. Automatic Shot Tracking = Recording of on course shot data 

1. Caddie 2.0 = On-course advice on club selection and strategy 

1. Tour Analytics = Data tools to tracking, analyse and compare your game against similar golfers 

Rangefinder 

When I first started using Arccos, if I over or under clubbed I put it down to my strike. Then I started using the set the flag position, I noticed that the green map and the position of the flag on the map was all over the place.  In some cases if the flag was close to the edge of the green it wouldn’t recognise you were even on the green. As you will be aware Arccos relies on your phone for positioning so I googled “iphone gps accuracy”. Apple don’t specify the performance but other sites quote anything from 3 – 10 yards. 

My original conclusion as a rangefinder was that it performed adequately but doesn't differentiate in the market. I would change this to I would not recommend it to be used in this mode and would recommend using a dedicated Golf GPS or Laser. You ever wonder why it takes a dedicated Golf GPS about 5 minutes to start up and find the course, it is locating multiple satellites (not just 3) to increase accuracy of the positioning data.  

Automatic Shot Tracking 

I’m going to change this to shot tracking. My original Stage 2 quoted it misses or falsely records 5-10 shots a round and in particular putts, my experience over the year backs this up. When I was using Arccos during the review stage I was focused on my clubbing distances, driving distance and not in particular putting stats and approach accuracy, in order to get accurate data for these you have to record the pin position. To do this you can no longer just leave the phone in your pocket you have to fish it out and manually add or use Siri.  

During the review period I said that I didn’t want to be fiddling with my phone during the round due to the distraction now I was setting the pin positions and since I had it out my pocket checking on my recorded score.  

Caddie 2.0 

My views on Caddie 2.0 have not changed, it is a nice feature, but I found it a bit inaccurate in club selection to be relied upon, putting that to one side I have used it on courses that I am playing for the first time on holes with blind tee shots to give me a club and target area for the drive 

Tour Analytics 

My view on the Tour Analytics again haven’t changed for me is the main differentiator. If you are willing to look past the Shot Tracking issues and edit your rounds, it is comprehensive and gives you easy to understand dashboards to highlight your game's deficiencies. You still have to put in the work to improve your game, but it points you in the right direction. 

In my stage 1 I said, the final acid test is will I continue to use Arccos 360 moving forward, will it replace any of my other technology on the course. For a GPS Rangefinder I'm now using a Skycaddie SX500 with a Nikon Coolshot laser. As for using Arccos 360 I’m taking a break from the technology and have recently taken all the sensors out of my clubs. This for me is a reset on my game I have been struggling this season and the on course fiddling with my phone is a distraction I can do without. Subconsciously I seemed to be focusing more on my Arccos stats than getting the ball round in the minimum shots. An example my putting stats were on the rise, I have a putt from the fringe. When I finish, I set flag and then look at the hole data, thought process; was that 3 putts or a chip and 2 putts? I’ll change the putt on the fringe to a chip that will make my stats better.  What I should be focused on is the fact that I made bogey or double. The result is that I have been doing too much on course analysis which has led to lack of concentration. 

Will I go back to Arccos? One of the reasons I started to use Arccos was to get a handle on my clubbing distances, I now have FlightScope MEVO which gives me a good idea on carry and I can use on the range extensively, in the short term the answer is no. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Well, I have played the Arccos 360 and Cobra Connect and Caddie with my iWatch. I actually recently purchased the Series 3 iWatch so I could use the gps function with Arccos. Worked well for awhile. Lately I have not been very pleased. I can’t seem to get passed the 14th hole without my iWatch or iPhone locking up in the Arccos app. I either lose the entire round or I lose the analytics.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Well, I have played the Arccos 360 and Cobra Connect and Caddie with my iWatch. I actually recently purchased the Series 3 iWatch so I could use the gps function with Arccos. Worked well for awhile. Lately I have not been very pleased. I can’t seem to get passed the 14th hole without my iWatch or iPhone locking up in the Arccos app. I either lose the entire round or I lose the analytics.

I don't have any experience playing a round with an iWatch. Over in the Cobra Connect Challenge, @robertson153 played a few rounds with his watch. Perhaps he can help you out with some potential trouble shooting.

I'm surprised to hear that the app locks up in the iPhone. I've never experienced anything like that. I have accidentally closed the Arccos app in the middle of a round, but when I open the app back up, it says "Continue Round" and I select Yes and keep moving forward. 

Maybe Arccos customer service can help you out. Whenever I have contacted them via email, they've been very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

I posted this question in another forum also. I have two set of clubs in different locations ( home and weekend / vacation). Can I buy two sets of arccos and analyse the results differently?

regards

Henning

Hhhhmmm.

I would think that this is possible, provided you have two different logins. I haven't been able to experiment with this, but logically it makes sense, because it is two different Arccos sets.

Many thanks! I guess that will work. Already created an account a minute ago. Will see what happens after the pairings.

best
Henning
You can pair as many clubs to a single account as Arccos has clubs listed on your account. I have two sets of irons paired currently for the Tommy Armour review, just have them named differently. One set is 5-GW and one is 4,10-14, 50 degree, and 54 degree. You could also pair some of them as hybrids or different woods. About the only issue I see is the putter. I don't know if you could maybe use it as the x designation.

I apologize for jumping in, but just wanted to let you know that there are options to not have to make a second account. Screenshot_20190816-203133-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You can pair as many clubs to a single account as Arccos has clubs listed on your account. I have two sets of irons paired currently for the Tommy Armour review, just have them named differently. One set is 5-GW and one is 4,10-14, 50 degree, and 54 degree. You could also pair some of them as hybrids or different woods. About the only issue I see is the putter. I don't know if you could maybe use it as the x designation.

I apologize for jumping in, but just wanted to let you know that there are options to not have to make a second account. Screenshot_20190816-203133-01.jpeg.67c53e28c2338ffb2e5c8d1fdb9a2772.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What does the math mean?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Decided not to 0lay with Arccos today, Shot 42/36:78......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is looking, Arccos just released a new tool if you have a SuperStroke grip - 

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/superstroke-putter-accessory

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

In case anyone is looking, Arccos just released a new tool if you have a SuperStroke grip - 

Too little too late for me. 

Android app lacks features of iPhone aoo

Link delayed until next year 

Shot tracking not working or adding phantom shots. 

I love the idea of arccos, but the implementation isn't where I need it to be in order for it to be part of my golf game. It's simply far too intrusive 

Sorry to hear that... noticed that you recently sold yours.  Hopefully there are some updates to the software soon.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

It must have some serious issues on Android. I have been using it on iOS for over a year now and while it is a little bit of work, it is expected and for the most part has what I am looking for. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I think this is a great idea! I wish it had come out sooner as i regripped my putter with a SuperStroke a couple months ago and had to drill out the hole where the hex bit goes in order to screw it in. Oh well, the next grip I buy, I'll definitely be getting this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 9/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

It must have some serious issues on Android. I have been using it on iOS for over a year now and while it is a little bit of work, it is expected and for the most part has what I am looking for. 

Android is definitely YMMV.  I didn't mind the lacking features, but the GPS accuracy issues and missed shots with my Moto G6 and G7 made it basically unusable.  I found an old iPhone 5s laying around the house, and it's my dedicated Arccos device now.  Much, much better.  Plus the 5s is a nice size for your pocket compared the surfboard that is my G7.  I've gone from missing an average of a shot a hole to missing one a round.  

I can live with that.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I do think that Arccos can really start gaining more market share if they spent time and money upgrading the experience for their Android users. It seems that the majority of complaints in the forum stem from Android users. I could be mistaken.

Blows my mind that a tech company would concentrate on 1/4 of the market....

image.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0