TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

51 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The fact they haven't created a standalone watch or hand held gps with belt clip is really mind boggling 

The link sounds okay, but you'll still need to take your phone out to check yardages and delete duplicate shots 

Again, another area where they could take more market share. There are many people that do not want to carry their phone for the entire round and would be willing to buy a device along with the sensors to allow that to happen.

I think the Link will open up Arccos to a new set of customers, and I am looking forward to using it when it is released. It will be interesting to see how successful it is at picking up shots compared to a phone.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Blows my mind that a tech company would concentrate on 1/4 of the market....

image.png

Developing for Android is infinitely more complex than developing for iOS thanks to the numerous Android OS versions and OEM UI's overlaid on top. They could certainly cater to some portion of the Android marketplace, but it's not likely better Android support will provide improvements to all users. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I do get it.

When they do eventually release Arccos Link, it should (hopefully) provide a better experience to Android users who utilize the new device. If it works anything at all like GG's previous devices, it should be usable as a standalone unit without ever even having to run the Arccos app on your phone. It won't be an ideal solution, but at least it will be something. I know I'm certainly willing to give Arccos a second try once Link is finally available for purchase.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

32 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Developing for Android is infinitely more complex than developing for iOS thanks to the numerous Android OS versions and OEM UI's overlaid on top. They could certainly cater to some portion of the Android marketplace, but it's not likely better Android support will provide improvements to all users. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I do get it.

When they do eventually release Arccos Link, it should (hopefully) provide a better experience to Android users who utilize the new device. If it works anything at all like GG's previous devices, it should be usable as a standalone unit without ever even having to run the Arccos app on your phone. It won't be an ideal solution, but at least it will be something. I know I'm certainly willing to give Arccos a second try once Link is finally available for purchase.

I have heard from some people in the industry that they are going to be releasing their next generation sensor early next year too.

Another nice thing about the Link is the size.  My Android phone from last year wasn't too bad in the pocket, but my new Moto G7 is like carrying a freight pallet in your left front pocket.  The iPhone 5s is a nice size for the pocket, but at some point it's going to be too old for Arccos to support.  As phones are trending bigger, carrying them in your front pocket is less and less realistic.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 9/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Blows my mind that a tech company would concentrate on 1/4 of the market....

image.png

Personally I think it the variations in Audio performance across Android is the issue rather than the variations on OS. With Apple the mic input through the Codec is pretty much the same since the iPhone 6. You tune the App for one iPhone you have it for the full range. For Android even across the same vendor the Audio paths can be significantly different. Samsung A series and J series use a lower cost Codec compared with flagship Galaxy S and Note you match this with the mic then the permutations to tune soon get into 10s just for Samsung. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

An experience update.

Don't wear tight jeans when using Arccos. Played 18 yesterday and was 3 over at the turn (39), took phone out my front pocket and it had me 15 under.  I think combination of thick material and it being snug in my pocket meant it missed most of my shots.

Edited by Alf. S

WIMB

On 10/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, Alf. S said:

Personally I think it the variations in Audio performance across Android is the issue rather than the variations on OS. With Apple the mic input through the Codec is pretty much the same since the iPhone 6. You tune the App for one iPhone you have it for the full range. For Android even across the same vendor the Audio paths can be significantly different. Samsung A series and J series use a lower cost Codec compared with flagship Galaxy S and Note you match this with the mic then the permutations to tune soon get into 10s just for Samsung. 

One other thought Samsung even on their flagship phones (i.e. Galaxy S and Note) use two different Codec vendors. They split production across using the Qualcomm Snapdragon Application Processor which binds them to using Qualcomm's Codec and their own Exynos Apps Processor which they partner with a 3rd party Codec. I can't remember which is which in terms of country markets but one platform is sold in the US the other in Europe. This means you may not get the same audio performance with a Galaxy S10 in Europe as you do in the US. 

Just for info. The Codec is the 1st chip the mic connects to in the audio chain it converts the audio signal into a digital signal that the application processor on your phone can understand. As the name infers the application processor is the chip that runs most of the software including the Arccos app. In the other direction it takes the digital output from the apps processor and changes it into audio to drive the speaker, ear piece or headphone jack.

WIMB

• 1 month later...

I have the arccos 2.0.  I took it out of my clubs because I hate to have my phone in my front pocket.  I have been waiting for the link to come out so I could go back to using it.  I was told recently that it works with apple watches.  I just don't like to wear a watch while I play either.  I could put the watch on my belt but I don't have an I phone.  Does anyone know if it works with any other type of smart watches?

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

An experience update.

Don't wear tight jeans when using Arccos. Played 18 yesterday and was 3 over at the turn (39), took phone out my front pocket and it had me 15 under.  I think combination of thick material and it being snug in my pocket meant it missed most of my shots.

Shouldn’t wear jeans when golfing......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

22 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I've never owned a pair of jeans in my adult life.

Some guys do look good in them.

I looked like a character from Hee Haw.

Just not the right persona for jeans or denim of any kind.

One other thing though..a respected veteran linkster like Foz shouldn't say "golfing."

It's not the same as 'bowling."  It's more like "tennising."

We call it "playing golf,"  Foz.

I'm not afraid to kid you about it because you're too cool a guy to tell me to go bleep myself!

I've never owned a pair of jeans in my adult life.
Some guys do look good in them.
I looked like a character from Hee Haw.
Just not the right persona for jeans or denim of any kind.

One other thing though..a respected veteran linkster like Foz shouldn't say "golfing."
It's not the same as 'bowling."  It's more like "tennising."
We call it "playing golf,"  Foz.
I'm not afraid to kid you about it because you're too cool a guy to tell me to go bleep myself!

Did you know that Rot Clark sang at Mickey Mantle’s funeral, Nifty?

I’m struggling with you and Hee Haw. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Really!!

After you see some of the trousers John Daly wears I would say jeans are a significant improvement.

WIMB

On 12/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, mackdaddy9 said:

I have the arccos 2.0.  I took it out of my clubs because I hate to have my phone in my front pocket.  I have been waiting for the link to come out so I could go back to using it.  I was told recently that it works with apple watches.  I just don't like to wear a watch while I play either.  I could put the watch on my belt but I don't have an I phone.  Does anyone know if it works with any other type of smart watches?

As far as I know, Apple Watch is the only smart watch that works with Arccos.

• 6 months later...

Is there any reason why my end of round stats aren’t showing? All of my shots have been tracked and it looks like the round is complete in the app but when I go to the desktop dashboard it says the round is excluded.  The app doesn’t say that however.

does anyone know why this might happen?

13 minutes ago, Jgryfe said:

Is there any reason why my end of round stats aren’t showing? All of my shots have been tracked and it looks like the round is complete in the app but when I go to the desktop dashboard it says the round is excluded.  The app doesn’t say that however.

There's an option within arccos to exclude the round from your stats, maybe that's it?

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038122111-How-do-I-delete-exclude-or-make-a-round-private-

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

16 hours ago, Jgryfe said:

When you end the round in the app, there are two options for your stats. "Make Private" or "Publish and Continue."

"Make Private" excludes them from your stats till you change it up on the desktop. "Publish and Continue" usually includes the stats per usual.

I always have to tweak things on the desktop after the round, so I keep things Private till I have a chance to add shots, move pin locations, etc.

On the desktop, when you're looking at all the rounds, there is an Edit Rounds button. If you click that, you can run down the list of rounds and hit a button that says, Include in Stats to get things synced back up.

6 hours ago, palvord said:

When you end the round in the app, there are two options for your stats. "Make Private" or "Publish and Continue."

"Make Private" excludes them from your stats till you change it up on the desktop. "Publish and Continue" usually includes the stats per usual.

I always have to tweak things on the desktop after the round, so I keep things Private till I have a chance to add shots, move pin locations, etc.

On the desktop, when you're looking at all the rounds, there is an Edit Rounds button. If you click that, you can run down the list of rounds and hit a button that says, Include in Stats to get things synced back up.

Thanks for your help!

hey everyone

i have not read all the posts, but the review ratings seem way more positive than my experience. I have had arrcos for about 4 months. The amount of shots it misses is ridiculous. I have replaced my sensors, still the same thing. I am using an I phone and wearing golf shorts or pants every time. I get missing putts here or there, or even an occasional green side chip, but it misses fairway shots frequently. Doesn’t seem to have a pattern ie one club or anything. I find myself pulling out the phone and editing, or at least checking after every couple of shots. I also have to use a separate scorecard, because I don’t trust it. It can get pretty frustrating.  I am giving up on it and hope they get better in the future. Having said all that, there customer service was great and they tried to resolve the issue, but no luck. 
glad to hear so many others have had success

cheers

Darcy

Someone asked me this in the Shotscope thread and instead of replying there I thought I would just reply here and link it to him. Keeps that thread clean of Arccos stuff (even though they're related) but also keeps this thread filled with relevant Arccos-specific info.

I used The Grint for about 2 years, and more-recently Golfshot and the main benefit, for me, is not having to be on my phone every hole. Also The Grint has incorrect layouts that I've e-mailed them about without getting any response. When I was using Arccos, I e-mailed them that the data they had about a particular course was no longer accurate and they fixed it within 48 hours -- pretty impressive customer service.

As I don't have Shotscope in hand yet, I can only weigh in on the pros/cons of Arccos. Take all of this with a grain of salt because at a 0.9 HDCP I don't know what you're necessarily struggling with that the data is going to reveal to you personally, but when I first got it I was a 12 in the GHIN app and worked my way down to an 8 currently. Part of it was common sense observations, but some of it I can directly contribute to having stats to look over.

Pros:

• Invaluable amount of stats that you.cant.hide.from. Consistently coming up short from 150y and always pulling your 9i? Arccos is going to tell you that you don't hit a 150y 9i. It's right there for you to see that 90% of the time you're hitting it 140y and that you should be clubbing up. These are the types of things, along with handicap breakdowns of the different facets of golf, that I don't get with the free apps. I don't necessarily need Arccos Caddie telling me what club to pull, but finding a consistent on-course average with all clubs is valuable to me. Smart distance is great as well because it takes, or tries to at least, the outliers from your stats so you get a "truer" distance if that makes sense?
  • Easy to setup and use (YMMV). I didn't have to do much except install the app, screw in the sensors, and use my camera to pair them to a specific club. Using it -- literally just play golf (more on this later though).
  • Shows your strengths and weaknesses. You might think you're a decent driver of the golf ball and a poor putter, then find out that you lose more strokes off the tee than on the greens. Think you're a bad putter because you have 30+ a round? You're probably just not hitting it close enough and your approach play is what's holding you back. Gives you an achievable goal to work towards/practice on: "hitting more greens" is very vague and won't necessarily contribute to better scores/lower handicap (if that's your goal). "Hitting the green and getting a closer proximity to the hole" is an achievable goal that you're likely to see results from. You can hit it to the corner of the green opposite to the flag and that's gonna show up as a green in regulation on The Grint and Golfshot. When Arccos sees that your first putt was from 85' it's going to laugh at you and expose your dumpster-fire iron/wedge play. (speaking from experience)

Cons:

• It flat out sucked for me on Android. Using my Pixel 3, I could barely get through a full round from 80% battery life on the first tee. It would be worse if using my phone for other things simultaneously, like most people do: respond to texts, take pics, etc. Obviously, doing the other stuff at the same time you would expect some battery woes, however it felt like I was constantly having to pay extra attention to conserving my battery throughout a round and was honestly stressful. Also, you don't get all of the same features on Android -- like the social one where you add friends and stuff. Not a huge deal for me, but makes me believe further that the Android version is an after-thought/throwaway product. Not sure what flavor of Android they used to build their platform on, but I would imagine vanilla/stock Android should've performed better than it did.
  • Missed shots. I can't recall a time where it missed a full-swing shot, but it would miss a few putts per round -- and not necessarily just tap-ins either. Others have reported consistent issues with missed shots but for me, I can't complain other than on the greens.
  • Tagging pins. Having to mark my ball, walk to the pin, pull my phone out, then tag the pin location (only for it to not be accurate sometimes and force me to drag it with my finger) was just too involved for me. You could choose not to do it, but then you have inaccurate proximity to hole stats and that kind of defeats the purpose. I was excited for Link so I could just press 1 button, but they took way too long to come to market and I'm not sure it's going to be as successful of a launch as people are hoping for, especially if they've had this many problems just bringing it to a finished product.
  • Subscription fee. This isn't so much of an issue for me because I can golf 365 days of the year out here, but for someone who lives in a climate with actual season changes, that $99/year seems less worthwhile when it is only spread over 6 months rather than 12. This is kinda nit-picky but I can sympathize with people who don't want to pay yearly fees when it used to just be a one-time purchase.
  • Innovations/updates. There just don't seem to be any other than making their current user base subscribe? Shotscope looks like it is getting better and smaller, and Arccos now has a Superstroke attachment and built-in OEM sensor grips that come with a 1-year sub (I believe). One of these things is not like the other.

Arccos is a good product but I just think it's not quite "there" yet. I'm sure the pandemic didn't help with their timelines and development but the whole launch of the Link just looks like a huge cluster****. I think it has been over a year since they first launched the pre-order? I was stoked for it at first, then got that e-mail that they're scrapping it entirely to rebuild and cancelled shortly thereafter. Obviously, not a huge deal if you don't mind playing with your phone in your pocket!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Someone asked me this in the Shotscope thread and instead of replying there I thought I would just reply here and link it to him. Keeps that thread clean of Arccos stuff (even though they're related) but also keeps this thread filled with relevant Arccos-specific info.

I used The Grint for about 2 years, and more-recently Golfshot and the main benefit, for me, is not having to be on my phone every hole. Also The Grint has incorrect layouts that I've e-mailed them about without getting any response. When I was using Arccos, I e-mailed them that the data they had about a particular course was no longer accurate and they fixed it within 48 hours -- pretty impressive customer service.

As I don't have Shotscope in hand yet, I can only weigh in on the pros/cons of Arccos. Take all of this with a grain of salt because at a 0.9 HDCP I don't know what you're necessarily struggling with that the data is going to reveal to you personally, but when I first got it I was a 12 in the GHIN app and worked my way down to an 8 currently. Part of it was common sense observations, but some of it I can directly contribute to having stats to look over.

Pros:

• Invaluable amount of stats that you.cant.hide.from. Consistently coming up short from 150y and always pulling your 9i? Arccos is going to tell you that you don't hit a 150y 9i. It's right there for you to see that 90% of the time you're hitting it 140y and that you should be clubbing up. These are the types of things, along with handicap breakdowns of the different facets of golf, that I don't get with the free apps. I don't necessarily need Arccos Caddie telling me what club to pull, but finding a consistent on-course average with all clubs is valuable to me. Smart distance is great as well because it takes, or tries to at least, the outliers from your stats so you get a "truer" distance if that makes sense?
  • Easy to setup and use (YMMV). I didn't have to do much except install the app, screw in the sensors, and use my camera to pair them to a specific club. Using it -- literally just play golf (more on this later though).
  • Shows your strengths and weaknesses. You might think you're a decent driver of the golf ball and a poor putter, then find out that you lose more strokes off the tee than on the greens. Think you're a bad putter because you have 30+ a round? You're probably just not hitting it close enough and your approach play is what's holding you back. Gives you an achievable goal to work towards/practice on: "hitting more greens" is very vague and won't necessarily contribute to better scores/lower handicap (if that's your goal). "Hitting the green and getting a closer proximity to the hole" is an achievable goal that you're likely to see results from. You can hit it to the corner of the green opposite to the flag and that's gonna show up as a green in regulation on The Grint and Golfshot. When Arccos sees that your first putt was from 85' it's going to laugh at you and expose your dumpster-fire iron/wedge play. (speaking from experience)

Cons:

• It flat out sucked for me on Android. Using my Pixel 3, I could barely get through a full round from 80% battery life on the first tee. It would be worse if using my phone for other things simultaneously, like most people do: respond to texts, take pics, etc. Obviously, doing the other stuff at the same time you would expect some battery woes, however it felt like I was constantly having to pay extra attention to conserving my battery throughout a round and was honestly stressful. Also, you don't get all of the same features on Android -- like the social one where you add friends and stuff. Not a huge deal for me, but makes me believe further that the Android version is an after-thought/throwaway product. Not sure what flavor of Android they used to build their platform on, but I would imagine vanilla/stock Android should've performed better than it did.
  • Missed shots. I can't recall a time where it missed a full-swing shot, but it would miss a few putts per round -- and not necessarily just tap-ins either. Others have reported consistent issues with missed shots but for me, I can't complain other than on the greens.
  • Tagging pins. Having to mark my ball, walk to the pin, pull my phone out, then tag the pin location (only for it to not be accurate sometimes and force me to drag it with my finger) was just too involved for me. You could choose not to do it, but then you have inaccurate proximity to hole stats and that kind of defeats the purpose. I was excited for Link so I could just press 1 button, but they took way too long to come to market and I'm not sure it's going to be as successful of a launch as people are hoping for, especially if they've had this many problems just bringing it to a finished product.
  • Subscription fee. This isn't so much of an issue for me because I can golf 365 days of the year out here, but for someone who lives in a climate with actual season changes, that $99/year seems less worthwhile when it is only spread over 6 months rather than 12. This is kinda nit-picky but I can sympathize with people who don't want to pay yearly fees when it used to just be a one-time purchase.
  • Innovations/updates. There just don't seem to be any other than making their current user base subscribe? Shotscope looks like it is getting better and smaller, and Arccos now has a Superstroke attachment and built-in OEM sensor grips that come with a 1-year sub (I believe). One of these things is not like the other.

Arccos is a good product but I just think it's not quite "there" yet. I'm sure the pandemic didn't help with their timelines and development but the whole launch of the Link just looks like a huge cluster****. I think it has been over a year since they first launched the pre-order? I was stoked for it at first, then got that e-mail that they're scrapping it entirely to rebuild and cancelled shortly thereafter. Obviously, not a huge deal if you don't mind playing with your phone in your pocket!

Great post and nailed everything I experienced.  The phone in the pocket, the lack of product innovation, the balls to charge almost $200 for a product and then force a subscription fee on your customers, and the complete botch of the Link (announced at the 2019 pga show) are all reasons I’ve sold my Arccos system and purchased Shotscope V3

• 2 months later...