hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

On 4/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, palvord said:

I didn’t get a chance to use the Siri feature as I didn’t set it up yet. I was trying to beat the dark and just adjusted for the flag using the “move flag to current location” feature.

Once I set that feature up, I’ll test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That Siri feature gets on my nerves.

1) because, just like Siri, it has a hard time doing what you ask.

2) it just doesn't do the stuff I need when lining up a shot. 

3) you can't tell it to "never ask me again" so it's always popping up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Oooooo lookie. Didn't see this in the update notes but check out this here:

3064B174-CEA7-4213-9A29-A737597EC028.jpeg

That was one of my biggest gripes before that Arccos appeared to be penalizing your approach for punch outs. This was an automatic mark, I didn't have to add it.  Now they just need to add a strokes gained pitching out sideways stat. 

Clubproguy would be so proud...

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2019 at 2:20 AM, palvord said:

I didn’t get a chance to use the Siri feature as I didn’t set it up yet. I was trying to beat the dark and just adjusted for the flag using the “move flag to current location” feature.

Once I set that feature up, I’ll test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tried it last night "set flag".

Got to set it up via iOS Arccos settings but once set worked a lot better than having to view phone and navigate through 2 screens

As long as Apps is running take phone out, activate Siri through home button and say "Set Flag" done.

Still feel like a bit of a twat talking to my phone, is it an age thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I initially had problems with it asking me if I wanted to record a phrase but once I disabled it, it stopped.

But I've not set it up for Add Drive and Set Flag and I'm using it (sometimes) if no one is listening.

I just played with Arccos Caddie via the new Apple Watch app.  Overall, I am impressed.  The Caddie feature is much better than I anticipated.  

It's just the beginning of the season for us in Michigan.  I played in less than ideal conditions (55 degrees and 10 - 20 MPH wind) on a course I had never played before.  A perfect opportunity to test the Caddie feature.

On the Apple Watch, Arccos provides "Measured" and "Plays Like" yardage which is supposed to consider temperature, elevation and wind.  I relied on the "plays like" yardage heavily due to the wind and temperature.  With the exception of one hole, it's "plays like" recommendation was spot on.  A killer feature.  The Apple Watch app was easy to use.  There were a couple of instances where it wasn't on the right hole.  I don't use it for anything but yards to pin, though.

One thing you should be aware of if you are using Arccos with the Apple Watch.  Unless you put your phone in Airplane mode, it will be using the GPS data from your phone rather than your watch.  This is because the Apple Watch battery runs down quickly when you are using the watch's GPS.  This means that while you won't have to keep your watch in your front pocket, you WILL need to keep it on you for accurate measurement.  Back pocket is better than front pocket I suppose, but it's kind of a bummer.

I've been reading about the Link.  The nice thing is it WILL have it's own GPS, so you won't need to drag your phone around.  But you will lose the Caddie feature unless they allow the GPS to pair with the Apple Watch.  I have reached out to Arccos to determine if the Link will pair with the Apple Watch.  If so, will be a big winner.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I just played with Arccos Caddie via the new Apple Watch app.  Overall, I am impressed.  The Caddie feature is much better than I anticipated.  

It's just the beginning of the season for us in Michigan.  I played in less than ideal conditions (55 degrees and 10 - 20 MPH wind) on a course I had never played before.  A perfect opportunity to test the Caddie feature.

On the Apple Watch, Arccos provides "Measured" and "Plays Like" yardage which is supposed to consider temperature, elevation and wind.  I relied on the "plays like" yardage heavily due to the wind and temperature.  With the exception of one hole, it's "plays like" recommendation was spot on.  A killer feature.  The Apple Watch app was easy to use.  There were a couple of instances where it wasn't on the right hole.  I don't use it for anything but yards to pin, though.

One thing you should be aware of if you are using Arccos with the Apple Watch.  Unless you put your phone in Airplane mode, it will be using the GPS data from your phone rather than your watch.  This is because the Apple Watch battery runs down quickly when you are using the watch's GPS.  This means that while you won't have to keep your watch in your front pocket, you WILL need to keep it on you for accurate measurement.  Back pocket is better than front pocket I suppose, but it's kind of a bummer.

I've been reading about the Link.  The nice thing is it WILL have it's own GPS, so you won't need to drag your phone around.  But you will lose the Caddie feature unless they allow the GPS to pair with the Apple Watch.  I have reached out to Arccos to determine if the Link will pair with the Apple Watch.  If so, will be a big winner.  

I have loved the Arccos as well and the iwatch app works well. One thing i noticed is that i still need my phone to adjust the position of the pin on the green. Though most of the time the pin is located in the right place and i probably do not care that much about my average distance to pin and putting distance....

Im interested in that Link module though... Ive caught 3-4 times that the impact isnt detected though...

12 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I have loved the Arccos as well and the iwatch app works well. One thing i noticed is that i still need my phone to adjust the position of the pin on the green. Though most of the time the pin is located in the right place and i probably do not care that much about my average distance to pin and putting distance....

Im interested in that Link module though... Ive caught 3-4 times that the impact isnt detected though...

You are right about the pin location.  I plan on moving that around after the round.  I haven't tried it with the watch.  If it requires me to go onto another screen, I won't.  I like to keep it simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

You are right about the pin location.  I plan on moving that around after the round.  I haven't tried it with the watch.  If it requires me to go onto another screen, I won't.  I like to keep it simple.

Yea they should experiment trying to add a 3rd screen you can slide to on the watch for pin location.

I emailed Arccos regarding the Link and they said they're adding a button to it that will allow you to mark pin locations. Stand next to the pin, press the button.

The last week for pre order discount is now, and I pulled the trigger. Now that Link will do all of the heavy lifting, my battery life should be much improved as well. I don't use the caddie feature as I have a rangefinder and trust that more, I'm only interested in my stats.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Just popped back in here to say that Arccos support is top notch. I e-mailed them about one of the local courses having the incorrect yardages and par numbers (what's the correct term for this anyways?). A few days later they e-mailed me back and let me know that they updated it and that it is available for download! That's huge considering there is no subscription anymore, and makes me feel even better about buying their product(s).

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That Siri feature gets on my nerves.

1) because, just like Siri, it has a hard time doing what you ask.

2) it just doesn't do the stuff I need when lining up a shot. 

3) you can't tell it to "never ask me again" so it's always popping up. 

All of this!

I tried using for a round and quit attempting after 3 holes. It is way more user friendly to just tap and move the flag on the screen. I would like to see a "never ask me again" feature for the Siri option.

3 hours ago, palvord said:

All of this!

I tried using for a round and quit attempting after 3 holes. It is way more user friendly to just tap and move the flag on the screen. I would like to see a "never ask me again" feature for the Siri option.

Settings->Caddie->Siri & Search-> you can turn it off there for just the app. Shouldn't pop up after that. 

@GolfSpy STUDque

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Settings->Caddie->Siri & Search-> you can turn it off there for just the app. Shouldn't pop up after that. 

@GolfSpy STUDque

@THEZIPR23, thank you.

I honestly cannot believe I didn't think of that before.

• Like 1

Any android users have purchase a cheap small android phone to be their dedicated Arccos device? I was thinking about doing this since I'm on Google Fi and get get a free data only sim 

Any android users have purchase a cheap small android phone to be their dedicated Arccos device? I was thinking about doing this since I'm on Google Fi and get get a free data only sim 

I thought about doing this with an iPod, but with the Link releasing soon, I'm not going to bother.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 5/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, jlukes said:

I'm a dyed in the wool Android user, but I used a cheap iPhone SE for a while when I first got Arccos. 

A word of caution regarding Android phones. You are completely dependent upon the GPS accuracy of the phone. Not too long ago, I replaced my crappy Samsung J7 with a less crappy Moto G6. The G6 is actually a really great budget phone, but the GPS accuracy is subpar. I was recording shots that we're 50 yards off at times. I got in touch with Arccos support and they confirmed that very few of my shots were accurate within 5 yards. 

So now it's back to the J7 for golf. 

So I just joined the Arccos family, got my sensors and paired them yesterday.  So far so good.

I've read the last 11 pages of this thread, and lots of good info!  Thanks everyone for all the input.

My first question might have been covered early on that i didn't go back far enough to see.   I often go out and play 4 to 6 holes at a time.  Should I have Arccos on during those "rounds" will it throw any of my stats off, or is it just a matter of tracking club data to help me regardless of how many holes are played at a time.

Thanks

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I just joined the Arccos family, got my sensors and paired them yesterday.  So far so good.

I've read the last 11 pages of this thread, and lots of good info!  Thanks everyone for all the input.

My first question might have been covered early on that i didn't go back far enough to see.   I often go out and play 4 to 6 holes at a time.  Should I have Arccos on during those "rounds" will it throw any of my stats off, or is it just a matter of tracking club data to help me regardless of how many holes are played at a time.

Thanks

You can absolutely use it during partial rounds.  It just won't factor things into personal bests other than your longest drive.  The only time you shouldn't use Arccos is during a scramble - that will throw off your yardages big time (you can leave the sensors on, just don't use the app)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks

How's the phone-in-the-pocket thing working?  what kind of phone are you using?

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

You can absolutely use it during partial rounds.  It just won't factor things into personal bests other than your longest drive.  The only time you shouldn't use Arccos is during a scramble - that will throw off your yardages big time (you can leave the sensors on, just don't use the app)

Perfect!  Thanks a lot.  yeah, I definitely wouldn't have used it during a scramble.    But good to know partial rounds still factor into your club data.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

How's the phone-in-the-pocket thing working?  what kind of phone are you using?

I just paired them up yesterday, so I haven't played yet.  And leaving for vacation on Wed, I doubt I'll get out until sometime next week. 

• Like 2