Jump to content
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

Recommended Posts

The fact they haven't created a standalone watch or hand held gps with belt clip is really mind boggling 

The link sounds okay, but you'll still need to take your phone out to check yardages and delete duplicate shots 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The fact they haven't created a standalone watch or hand held gps with belt clip is really mind boggling 

The link sounds okay, but you'll still need to take your phone out to check yardages and delete duplicate shots 

Again, another area where they could take more market share. There are many people that do not want to carry their phone for the entire round and would be willing to buy a device along with the sensors to allow that to happen.

I think the Link will open up Arccos to a new set of customers, and I am looking forward to using it when it is released. It will be interesting to see how successful it is at picking up shots compared to a phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Blows my mind that a tech company would concentrate on 1/4 of the market....

 

image.png

Developing for Android is infinitely more complex than developing for iOS thanks to the numerous Android OS versions and OEM UI's overlaid on top. They could certainly cater to some portion of the Android marketplace, but it's not likely better Android support will provide improvements to all users. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I do get it.

When they do eventually release Arccos Link, it should (hopefully) provide a better experience to Android users who utilize the new device. If it works anything at all like GG's previous devices, it should be usable as a standalone unit without ever even having to run the Arccos app on your phone. It won't be an ideal solution, but at least it will be something. I know I'm certainly willing to give Arccos a second try once Link is finally available for purchase.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Developing for Android is infinitely more complex than developing for iOS thanks to the numerous Android OS versions and OEM UI's overlaid on top. They could certainly cater to some portion of the Android marketplace, but it's not likely better Android support will provide improvements to all users. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I do get it.

When they do eventually release Arccos Link, it should (hopefully) provide a better experience to Android users who utilize the new device. If it works anything at all like GG's previous devices, it should be usable as a standalone unit without ever even having to run the Arccos app on your phone. It won't be an ideal solution, but at least it will be something. I know I'm certainly willing to give Arccos a second try once Link is finally available for purchase.

I have heard from some people in the industry that they are going to be releasing their next generation sensor early next year too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another nice thing about the Link is the size.  My Android phone from last year wasn't too bad in the pocket, but my new Moto G7 is like carrying a freight pallet in your left front pocket.  The iPhone 5s is a nice size for the pocket, but at some point it's going to be too old for Arccos to support.  As phones are trending bigger, carrying them in your front pocket is less and less realistic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Blows my mind that a tech company would concentrate on 1/4 of the market....

 

image.png

Personally I think it the variations in Audio performance across Android is the issue rather than the variations on OS. With Apple the mic input through the Codec is pretty much the same since the iPhone 6. You tune the App for one iPhone you have it for the full range. For Android even across the same vendor the Audio paths can be significantly different. Samsung A series and J series use a lower cost Codec compared with flagship Galaxy S and Note you match this with the mic then the permutations to tune soon get into 10s just for Samsung. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An experience update.

 

Don't wear tight jeans when using Arccos. Played 18 yesterday and was 3 over at the turn (39), took phone out my front pocket and it had me 15 under.  I think combination of thick material and it being snug in my pocket meant it missed most of my shots.

Edited by Alf. S
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, Alf. S said:

Personally I think it the variations in Audio performance across Android is the issue rather than the variations on OS. With Apple the mic input through the Codec is pretty much the same since the iPhone 6. You tune the App for one iPhone you have it for the full range. For Android even across the same vendor the Audio paths can be significantly different. Samsung A series and J series use a lower cost Codec compared with flagship Galaxy S and Note you match this with the mic then the permutations to tune soon get into 10s just for Samsung. 

One other thought Samsung even on their flagship phones (i.e. Galaxy S and Note) use two different Codec vendors. They split production across using the Qualcomm Snapdragon Application Processor which binds them to using Qualcomm's Codec and their own Exynos Apps Processor which they partner with a 3rd party Codec. I can't remember which is which in terms of country markets but one platform is sold in the US the other in Europe. This means you may not get the same audio performance with a Galaxy S10 in Europe as you do in the US. 

Just for info. The Codec is the 1st chip the mic connects to in the audio chain it converts the audio signal into a digital signal that the application processor on your phone can understand. As the name infers the application processor is the chip that runs most of the software including the Arccos app. In the other direction it takes the digital output from the apps processor and changes it into audio to drive the speaker, ear piece or headphone jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...