hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

They renamed Arccos 360 to Arccos Caddie. Same sensors, same app, same price.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The way I read it is Arccos 360 is the sensors and include in this you get access to the 4 main features in the App/software. Tour Analytics, Caddie 2.0, GPS rangefinder and data collection.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

in regards to the "data gathering mode" and getting the distance,one possible solution is to identify shots hit as say #1,#2..etc and then to tag the distance go to the appropriate ball that was shot #1 #2 etc. and at each one identify it as such. one possibility.

• Like 2

With the caddie, has anyone received this error message before? I am curious as to what caused this. I moved the tee box location up a few yards and then the caddie gave me its recommendation.

Image1537970521.674263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

With the caddie, has anyone received this error message before? I am curious as to what caused this. I moved the tee box location up a few yards and then the caddie gave me its recommendation.

attachicon.gif Image1537970521.674263.jpg

I've seen it to but never got to the bottom of it and ended up ignoring it.

• Like 1

I have used Arccos for two rounds...I am wondering which is right the 18birdies app or Arccos? If it's Arccos then well I got old and lost like 40 yards of distance on my drives and about 10 yards on iron shots...guess age has caught up to me...have any of you experienced loss of distance numbers from what you thought after using the app.

I have used Arccos for two rounds...I am wondering which is right the 18birdies app or Arccos? If it's Arccos then well I got old and lost like 40 yards of distance on my drives and about 10 yards on iron shots...guess age has caught up to me...have any of you experienced loss of distance numbers from what you thought after using the app.

I’ve never used 18birdies but if I compare Arccos and Shot Scope the numbers are pretty much the same. My driving average on the two is 239 compared with 241. Irons are pretty much the same as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 9/30/2018 at 2:04 PM, GeekingGolf said:

I was shocked at my lack of distance when I first started with the Shot Scope. But I promise it gets better 😁😎

• Like 1

I didn’t really experience loss as I continued to use the system. Over time, my averages began to show themselves. The first few rounds, I was really striking the ball well and had higher than normal distances. Now I’m around my average as I have played more. Give it time and you’ll begin to see everything level out.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was covered, but has anyone washed their grips? 

I stick the end of the club in water while doing this. can the sensors be submerged ?

They are heavily water resistant. That being said I havent tried to dunk mine.
The tags are easily removable so that would be one option if they can't be dunked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That is right. they are removable.
I know I am going to get something this winter and am still stuck on which system to get. thanks DanB

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

21 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Not sure if this was covered, but has anyone washed their grips? 

I stick the end of the club in water while doing this. can the sensors be submerged ?

Like Danbrook I remove them when washing my grips.

I said in my review about the course maps been out of date which for my home course is annoying but today I played Turnberry and as some of you maybe aware the POTUS commissioned a whole load of changes about 2 years ago after he bought the course, moving a lot of greens and substantially changing the layout. Arccos was all over the place especially when the green had moved. There is just no way to make sense of the round.

• Like 1

Just received this from the R&A, in summary if the local rule for DMDs is in force then Arccos is conforming.

Dear Mr Sheppard, 

Thank you for your question regarding the conformance of your Arccos Distance Measuring Device (DMD).

Firstly I will assume that the Local Rule allowing the use of DMDs is in effect – if this is not the case then using a DMD is a breach of Rule 14-3.  In the case of the Arccos device, as the wind information is not from a measurement by the device but is, instead, from a public source, then that is okay.  Also, as the caddie option takes its strategy information from data obtained before the round and does not make any alterations during the round, then this is also allowed, as it is essentially the same as a strategy written out before the round and carried with you.  Therefore, if the Local Rule is in effect, then the features you mention in your email are both acceptable for use within the Rules.

I hope that this fully answers your question, but if you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Clive Roberts

Assistant Director – Equipment Standards

The R&A

• Like 3

I used Arccos for all of 2 months maybe before I decided to sell it on eBay. Too many missed shots, too many mapping errors, and too much time spent looking at my phone trying to figure out what the hell happened and where to place the pin on the green. I contacted Arccos support on more than one occasion and they were extremely helpful which was a huge plus, but I was much too focused on Arccos and not enough on actual golf.

I say all this having used Game Golf for at least 3 years - first with GG Classic and then with GG Live. I've dogged Game Golf in the past for being behind on the statistics and their lackluster UI, but that system just seemed to work more often than not. And if I thought I missed a tag, I just tapped the club. If I needed to locate a pin, I just tapped the club and would remove that stroke post round.

I know GG Pro is supposed to be available next month, but I'll probably just purchase a brand new GG Live and forego all the automation that just seems to screw things up.

Just wanted to give an update on this - my stage 2 is coming - but I want to get another round or two in before I formulate all of my thoughts.  

Personally, I have not had any of the data issues others have had with the system and have found it very accurate.  I have also learned that either from not playing that much and/or getting older that I am not hitting the ball as far as I once did or thought I did.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oaks said:

Just wanted to give an update on this - my stage 2 is coming - but I want to get another round or two in before I formulate all of my thoughts.  

Personally, I have not had any of the data issues others have had with the system and have found it very accurate.  I have also learned that either from not playing that much and/or getting older that I am not hitting the ball as far as I once did or thought I did.  

You must be special! What phone are you using? 

I wondering if the newer iPhones have better mic or audio CODECs.

35 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I was using an iPhone 8+, but did recently just get the Xs Max

36 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Do you have a case on your phone that covers the mic?