Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

Hmmmmm it's been a week. Might be worth giving them a nudge, but you'd also think that they'd want to keep you updated on progress.

I am curious as to why the delay. At least send me a tracking number or something for the putter tag. It's not the worst experience I've had, but it is curious compared to what other people have experienced. Everyone has really sung the praises of their client experience and I was initially very impressed. Now I'm questioning things a little bit. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Hmmmmm it's been a week. Might be worth giving them a nudge, but you'd also think that they'd want to keep you updated on progress.

I had them send out a new putter sensor when the kit first arrived the initial one was DOA. Contacted them Friday, sensor arrived by next Tuesday for their London office.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I had them send out a new putter sensor when the kit first arrived the initial one was DOA. Contacted them Friday, sensor arrived by next Tuesday for their London office.

My initial package came from Pennsylvania and as I'm in Michigan, I wouldn't think it would take too long to arrive. I'm happy to hear your experience went well. I'm hoping I'm just an outlier.

This is the reply I received from Arccos on the subject. Worth going through the USGA letter

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please see the link below which explains our conformity with the USGA (note, this does not apply to ALL local rulings):
Although there is wind in tournament mode, it is pre-set data and does not adjust as you play. It was all accessible before the round, therefore it is permitted. In other words, the wind you see is exactly the speed it was when you downloaded the course and started the round.
The caddie feature can still be used for club suggestions off the tee as any human caddie would be able to do during a tournament.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I've contacted the R&A about the same issue will keep you posted.

This is exactly what I received when I asked them. However I let them know that the wind was changing during the round. Once I noticed that I stopped using in tournaments. Honestly I haven't checked it recently so it may be fixed now. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Just finished another round and am still having the same struggles with dropped shots. On the first hole it didn't register a single shot and said I had 3 putts when I only had 2. I really want to like the system because I see the potential, but it is making it difficult to enjoy as I am manually adding the majority of my shots throughout the round.

Just finished another round and am still having the same struggles with dropped shots. On the first hole it didn't register a single shot and said I had 3 putts when I only had 2. I really want to like the system because I see the potential, but it is making it difficult to enjoy as I am manually adding the majority of my shots throughout the round.

Yep, bummer palvord. Exactly my thoughts on the system.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

That really sucks, it will be very interesting to see how Arccos try to resolve this for you. In the meantime keep up the great work 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I am curious as to why the delay. At least send me a tracking number or something for the putter tag. It's not the worst experience I've had, but it is curious compared to what other people have experienced. Everyone has really sung the praises of their client experience and I was initially very impressed. Now I'm questioning things a little bit. We shall see.

My replacement putter sensor has arrived! I was also given a different type of putter sensor so I can compare and contrast which works better for registering my putts. I'm looking forward to seeing how his improved my experience with the system.

IMG_0656.JPG

Really looking forward to this review. Would love to know if this is worth the purchase.

Driver: Ping G400 Max

Woods: 2016 TaylorMade M2

Hybrids: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - 3 & 4

Irons: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - PW -5i

Wedges: 56 - TaylorMade, 52 - Titleist - SM6 F-Grind, 50 - Cleveland RTX

My replacement putter sensor has arrived! I was also given a different type of putter sensor so I can compare and contrast which works better for registering my putts. I'm looking forward to seeing how his improved my experience with the system.

attachicon.gif IMG_0656.JPG

The sensor for the Pistol Grip looks good... 

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

The sensor for the Pistol Grip looks good...

That's the one I'm going to try first as it seems different than the one that initially came in the set. Should be fun!

It will be good to see how that Pistol grip sensor fits once you have it on.

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Palvord,

thanks for your honest assesment on this in regards to the missed shots.

I look forward to hearing more about this topic.

Keep up the great work

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I'm in my second season with the 360 system. I've tried different methods of shot and statistical tracking over the years and I like this the best. As much as I like It, and have recommended it to friends it is not bullet proof.

I've never had a shot register that I didn't hit - except for the putter. After every hole I take a quick look to see if it got the putts right. It usually does - and the errors is usually a missed putt. Not sure why that is, but that's the typical error. It is also super easy to correct with the + or - sign on the main screen.

If you flub a chip and are hitting again from only a few feet away it'll think it's the same shot - but hey, that's operator error, can't blame Arccos for your/my poor play.

I've had three sensors quit working in the last year. That can be infuriating during a round when you realize that you 7 iron or putter sensor won't work. You stop and using the diagnostics tools try to reactivate it - kinda blows your zen. But to Arccos credit they've shipped me a new one each time.

They do have a pretty responsive support team.

My one wish - that Arccos would have a button to “mark flag location” that you could tap when you are at the flag. There is a method, but this would be so much easier.

As to the caddie function - I don't use it to plan what I should use off the tee or strategy - though perhaps I should and compare... but I do rely on it for club selection on approach shots. On those occasions I don't take Arccos' advice I usually wish I had. It knows something about the wind I don't. At first i had trouble trusting it on severe elevation changes but now, especially on a course I haven't played before I don't even think twice. The only thing the caddie doesn't know is what club I have more trust in.

And the caddies is lousy at helping me with my mental game when I need to par the last two holes to break 80...

I accept that the intersection of smart phones, Bluetooth and all this stuff is not perfect and the errors I've had are more than offset by the successes. I love the stats.

My chief complaint and nagging gripe - and it may just be my course or it could be the gps chip in my iPhone - it's always a little off on where I'm physically at. This is most pronounced on and around the green. I don't know if the Sattelite image was taken at a severe angle, or my gps is off but I've often found Arccos thinking I'm on the green when I'm off and visa versa. I've sent them pictures of me standing in the green and a screen shot of the app showing my well off. And some holes are significantly off, while others seem just fine. At my request - another testament to their customer service - they remapped my course. So I don't know what it is.

Speaking of remapping - I made a trip to Dismal River in the Nebraska sandhills this summer and within 48 hours of my request they mapped the course and uploaded it into their system. I really appreciated that.

Final thought, I'm nitpicking some things, but the sensors will be on my clubs for a third season next spring.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Wafflehouse

Great post.

Thanks.

There is great information on the shot scope thread and oh boy,is it getting hard to choose.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I'm sure I'll be picking up either shot scope or this for next golf season. How have you all going the battery drain on your phones to be?

If I use a normal gps app I find it eats about 10% battery per hour. How does this compare for you if you have used anything similar?

Keep up the good information guys, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I'm sure I'll be picking up either shot scope or this for next golf season. How have you all going the battery drain on your phones to be?

If I use a normal gps app I find it eats about 10% battery per hour. How does this compare for you if you have used anything similar?

I typically play first thing in the morning - so I start fully charged. Read Twitter as I'm walking around, a few blogs, something to keep my mind on something other than obsessing on that last shot...

I turn off all the other apps other than twitter email and safari.

Arccos running constantly. Very rarely do I take a phone calls.

I usually walk off the 18th with 40% battery left. Usually takes me 3 hours and 15 minutes to play (lots of hills and distances between holes).

I'm using an iPhone 8.

There are things I could do to save more battery power, but suffice it to say I have to plug the phone into my car charger as soon as I'm done.

When playing in the afternoon, I've got a spare battery pack with me for work purposes...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I typically play first thing in the morning - so I start fully charged. Read Twitter as I'm walking around, a few blogs, something to keep my mind on something other than obsessing on that last shot...

I turn off all the other apps other than twitter email and safari.

Arccos running constantly. Very rarely do I take a phone calls.

I usually walk off the 18th with 40% battery left. Usually takes me 3 hours and 15 minutes to play (lots of hills and distances between holes).

I'm using an iPhone 8.

There are things I could do to save more battery power, but suffice it to say I have to plug the phone into my car charger as soon as I'm done.

When playing in the afternoon, I've got a spare battery pack with me for work purposes...

Thanks. 60% in under 4 hours is a noticeable drain. Not a deal breaker, but something that you need to make sure you plan on a little.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

So this weekend I confirmed that Arccos is not tournament legal. Here is pic at first tee, note the wind.

IMG_1419.JPG

Here is another at 5th tee, again note the wind

IMG_1420.JPG

My guess is that when the app closes and reopens it recalculated the wind. Will be sending an email to support.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

One way to avoid the above issue it to put the phone into airplane mode or turn off data. Whichever way would work.

I use a old phone which has no service and the wind never comes up on my screen, even when out of tournament mode.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Based off of my usage, it uses about 30-35% battery life per 9 holes.

I played in a 2 person scramble yesterday and began the round with battery at 97%.  When we got to the truck after the round, I was at 38%.  I did play around on Twitter and ESPN while we were waiting to tee off on a few holes.  

In my league nights, we play 9 holes..  I start around 50-60% battery life due to normal phone usage at work and then leave the course with 20-30% battery life.  

So the battery usage is acceptable then?

To me that seems ok , 30-35% I mean 😎

To me that seems ok , 30-35% I mean

For me, yes.

30-35% drain per 9 holes is what I anticipated.  Seems reasonable to me for what it is asking the phone to do between bluetooth, GPS, and screen usage.

To me that seems ok , 30-35% I mean

I'm seeing pretty much 10% per hour as another user quoted. I had an old iPhone 6 that is about 5 years old before the evaluation I got the battery replaced so I'm seeing no problems

WIMB

So this weekend I confirmed that Arccos is not tournament legal. Here is pic at first tee, note the wind.

attachicon.gif IMG_1419.JPG

Here is another at 5th tee, again note the wind

attachicon.gif IMG_1420.JPG

My guess is that when the app closes and reopens it recalculated the wind. Will be sending an email to support.

I'm going to check this out. I try not to close the app or put it in to the background when playing but sometimes I inadvertently hit the power button or home button that puts Arccos in the background.

WIMB

When I have played I put the phone into my pocket and not looked at it at all. I used very minimal battery this way - maybe 25-20%

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

I may have found a solution/reason for the missed shots with my Arccos. Typically when I check my phone for the yardage, I put it back in my pocket with the speaker pointed up. Today, I made an effort to put my phone in my pocket with the speaker down and it worked!

My thought as to why this happens is that Arccos uses your microphone to help record the shot. Pointing the microphone towards the ball and club face helped it pick up the shots better.

I may have found a solution/reason for the missed shots with my Arccos. Typically when I check my phone for the yardage, I put it back in my pocket with the speaker pointed up. Today, I made an effort to put my phone in my pocket with the speaker down and it worked!

My thought as to why this happens is that Arccos uses your microphone to help record the shot. Pointing the microphone towards the ball and club face helped it pick up the shots better.

Isn't the phone supposed to be in the front left pocket not the back?

Interesting as to the microphone though, I had no idea the mic was used, wouldn't that make Arccos pick up other people's shots?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I'm left handed and I keep my phone in my front right pocket. Sorry for the confusion.

As to the mic picking up other players shots, that's not a problem I have encountered. I think that has to do with the fact that the sensor for your club has to be “on” and in motion to help register the shot.