TESTERS WANTED! ×

Headed to Bandon in Feb

pulledabill

Not sure why Ive never played Bandon. But im going to make the trio in Feb. Im only 3.5 hourw away so easy trip. Ill stay one maybe 2 nights and play at least 36. I will play on Tuesdsy and Wednesdsy ..or thats the plan.

Going solo so if anybody wants to meet up gdt with me. 21 day advance tee times. Gal said it should be zero issue getting me out.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I never really realized how big a deal Bandon is until a year ago when I got back in to golf. Hanging out on various boards I see it is on virtualy everybodys list to play.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Not sure why Ive never played Bandon. But im going to make the trio in Feb. Im only 3.5 hourw away so easy trip. Ill stay one maybe 2 nights and play at least 36. I will play on Tuesdsy and Wednesdsy ..or thats the plan.

Going solo so if anybody wants to meet up gdt with me. 21 day advance tee times. Gal said it should be zero issue getting me out.

I went in 2009; spring break because my wife was teaching school at the time.  A lot of fun.  It poured rain the day before, all night long, and right up until our tee time.  Then the sun came out; beautiful day.  

I've been considering another trip in the winter.  The weather on the coast can be quite nice; just have to look for a decent extended forecast.  We are headed to Phoenix for the last two weeks in Jan.  So I'm not sure about Feb.  It would have to be a spur of the moment decision.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was going to go somewhere warm, but I need to bank some vacation time as Ive burned a ton this year and Im really going to try and get on Bethpage summer 2019.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

We always go some place warm in the winter, but we also go on short trips to places here in the NW. My wife still works, but I'm more flexible so I can go anytime.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Jealous. Live in the state and have never been  :(

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I always chuckle at guys that live in small states and never seem to get out of their backyard. Like making a 2-3 hour drive is a huge deal. LOL

If you live in Oregon you certainly should be playing Brandon. At least once a year IMO. You have no excuse not to. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Otegon os quite large....something like tpp 10 in the country. Considering i stopped golfing for many years, Im not surprised at all.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Im sure if I love it, I will make a couple drives that way.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I always chuckle at guys that live in small states and never seem to get out of their backyard. Like making a 2-3 hour drive is a huge deal. LOL

If you live in Oregon you certainly should be playing Brandon. At least once a year IMO. You have no excuse not to.

I live 2 hours and 33 min from Bandon Dunes. I haven't played down there in 5 years. Not because i don't want to.... The $275 a round slows me down a little. I remember playing both Dunes and Pac when they were first open for $50.

I'll most certainly make a trip in 2019. Just have to find the right weather weekend.

And Oregon is not small. Delaware is small. The county I live in is twice as big as Delaware.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I live 2 hours and 33 min from Bandon Dunes. I haven't played down there in 5 years. Not because i don't want to.... The $275 a round slows me down a little. I remember playing both Dunes and Pac when they were first open for $50.

I'll most certainly make a trip in 2019. Just have to find the right weather weekend.

And Oregon is not small. Delaware is small. The county I live in is twice as big as Delaware.

LOL... Delaware is Tiny! Oregon is small. Texas is.... well - rather large. If I want to travel (which I do) to various places around the state I'm usually facing a 4-5 hour drive... or more depending where I'm headed. But I do agree - Bandon is pricey. So it's not a place I'd play regularly even if it were 30 minutes from home.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

LOL... Delaware is Tiny! Oregon is small. Texas is.... well - rather large. If I want to travel (which I do) to various places around the state I'm usually facing a 4-5 hour drive... or more depending where I'm headed. But I do agree - Bandon is pricey. So it's not a place I'd play regularly even if it were 30 minutes from home.

Oregon is not small.  It is also not easy to get from one place to another because of the Cascade mountains.  Although I live in Washington, I am only 35 miles from the Oregon border and I'm only halfway to the Idaho border from Portland.  It takes me 8 hours to get to Bandon.  

Making a trip to Bandon this winter as well. Some of the caddies have told me it's the most underrated time there and for the $100 resident rate...hard to beat. Thinking it may become a yearly trip in the winter. Being so close has its perks!

WIMB

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 LST 10.5*

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Aeroburner TP

Hybrid:  :ping-small: G25 20* 

Irons:  :taylormade-small: RSi TP 4-PW

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM6 50, 54, 58

Putter:  :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

Making a trip to Bandon this winter as well. Some of the caddies have told me it's the most underrated time there and for the $100 resident rate...hard to beat. Thinking it may become a yearly trip in the winter. Being so close has its perks!

Where you at?

Late October until mid December can be crazy wet for days. Ususlly some sunny days through late Feb when the rains come back in force.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Where you at?

Late October until mid December can be crazy wet for days. Ususlly some sunny days through late Feb when the rains come back in force.

I'm in Eugene...thinking of Jan/Feb. I've done November before and got extremely lucky with the weather. 

WIMB

I'm in Eugene...

Hey!!!! Another forum member from Eugene.  Awesome.  It's about time.  Where do you play in town?

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Hey!!!! Another forum member from Eugene.  Awesome.  It's about time.  Where do you play in town?

On the rare occasion lately I can sneak away....either EV or River Ridge. River Ridge is close to home so I end up being a range rat over there. 

WIMB

My daughter is headed to UO in the morning. Any decent courses to play that way when zi come down? Sonething that drains well in the wet season?

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On the rare occasion lately I can sneak away....either EV or River Ridge. River Ridge is close to home so I end up being a range rat over there. 

The golf pro that was EV the last couple off years is from my town.  He took the Head Pro job there until the Head Pro job here at Wine Valley near Walla Walla opened up this year.  EV and Wine Valley are managed by the same company.

On one of my trips to the Valley, my wife and I went to see him and played EV.  Nice course!

My daughter is headed to UO in the morning. Any decent courses to play that way when zi come down? Sonething that drains well in the wet season?

I would say Emerald Valley is your best bet. River Ridge is a decent 9 hole track but as the name suggests, it sits right on the river. Even the slightest bit of rain and it is puddled. 

WIMB

The only course in the EUG that is consistently playable in the winter is ECC.  Otherwise, bring rainboots.  It gets sloppy out here. Even at EV. 

For some reason, Eugene is seriously lacking golf courses for a population of its size..  We have seen 2 close in the past 5 years, and there are no plans on building more that I am aware of.

Enjoy Move in Week at  UO. That is always a treat!  At least the weather is great this year!!

I just in Salem so no different  weather wise.  Just looking for an all day adventure when I go down to visit her and Fiddlers.  She is Garter Band and Marching Band at UO so she gets early move in:)

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I just in Salem so no different  weather wise.  Just looking for an all day adventure when I go down to visit her and Fiddlers.  She is Garter Band and Marching Band at UO so she gets early move in:)

If you want to play at my place, PM me, and I'll set it up...  Not the best conditions on the putting surfaces right now, (aerification next week) but it's dry, and the price is right...

If you want to play at my place, PM me, and I'll set it up... Not the best conditions on the putting surfaces right now, (aerification next week) but it's dry, and the price is right...

Thanks!!

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Currentky Im a singke as my buddies are non golfers so if anybody is intetested contact me. I will stay on prpoerty and golf Tuesday, Wed, and Thur.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Booked 18 On Feb 12, 36 on Feb 13, and 18 on Feb 14th.

Need to start walking more.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Booked 18 On Feb 12, 36 on Feb 13, and 18 on Feb 14th.

Need to start walking more.

So, you are going to miss Halloween Valentine's Day?  I get those days mixed up... you dress up and get candy.  What's the wife say?

Divorced for many years and broke up with the gf few months back so Im good. Thats why I play so much.

If someone comes up by then. they can go or not. Or I bail and play Hawaii

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Archived