Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Skechers Golf Shoes Poor Quality?

Undershooter

I've been meaning to post this for over a month now.

I got my first pair of Skechers golf shoes at the beginning of this year. I've never particularly liked Skechers golf shoes looks but thought I'd give em a shot because they were supposed to be extremely comfortable (which they are).

I never thought I'd have to worry about the quality of the shoe though! Within a month the plastic was cracking on them. Now, nearly 8 months later they are about to fall apart. Is this normal???

I play a decent amount of golf but not that much. I probably average around 2 round a week riding (not walking). And I haven't even worn these shoes every time I've played. My last couple pair of Nikes lasted years and are still wearable. They definitely didn't start falling apart on me. 

I asked the pro I bought them from and he said that personally he hasn't problems with them, but said that he has heard other members expressing issues with them. This worries me. These are $150 shoes and I guess I'm a cheap ass but that seems like a decent amount for a shoe that barely makes it 6 months. 

Have any of yall seen quality control issues with your pairs of Skechers? Or did I just get a lemon of a shoe? lol 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'll post pics of them when I get home. The shoes I bought are the Skechers Go Golf Focus 2 

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/54528/skechers-go-golf-focus-2/wnv

Mine are super comfortable however they squeak when I walk.   All my golfing buddies started calling me squeaky. I thought the squeaking would go away with time however they are still at it. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Mine are super comfortable however they squeak when I walk.   All my golfing buddies started calling me squeaky. I thought the squeaking would go away with time however they are still at it. 

That's strange. I think mine did that a little when they were new but it has since gone a way. 

That's strange. I think mine did that a little when they were new but it has since gone a way. 

Mine were in the $100.00 range and made of synthetic material 

Cleveland

I'm now waiting for my 3rd. pair to be delivered, all within 18 months.  Last 2 pairs leaked and here in " occasionally" wet and damp Scotland a good pair of waterproof shoes are essential. Once the warranty runs out I'll not be buying Skechers again.

That's a real drag. I looked at your shoe and I almost bought the same ones. Hope it works out.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm now waiting for my 3rd. pair to be delivered, all within 18 months.  Last 2 pairs leaked and here in " occasionally" wet and damp Scotland a good pair of waterproof shoes are essential. Once the warranty runs out I'll not be buying Skechers again.

Warranty you say? I may have to check into this.

Edit: it seems they do have a waterproof warranty. I have no idea where mine is(comes in the box) so I'm going to email them and see what happens. This is the email btw.  gogolfwarranty@skechers.com 

I have about a dozen walking rounds in the original Go Golf Focus (collegiate version). They are lightweight, comfortable, super stable and have very little heel drop. I have a feeling the fabric inside the heel cup may start tearing soon but otherwise they are holding up well.

Re: waterproof warranty. I checked into it after my purchase and learned Skechers offers zero product warranties in the USA (Europe holds the manufacturer to a higher standard). I heard some rumors about Skechers introducing a 2 year waterproof warranty starting this year or next but their website still says only “unworn” products can be returned within 45 days. I was pretty disappointed to find out they didn't offer any quality assurance programs on a $150 shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Mine are super comfortable however they squeak when I walk. All my golfing buddies started calling me squeaky. I thought the squeaking would go away with time however they are still at it.

One of my buddies must have the same shoe.....he squeaks with every step.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8's from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have about a dozen walking rounds in the original Go Golf Focus (collegiate version). They are lightweight, comfortable, super stable and have very little heel drop. I have a feeling the fabric inside the heel cup may start tearing soon but otherwise they are holding up well.

Re: waterproof warranty. I checked into it after my purchase and learned Skechers offers zero product warranties in the USA (Europe holds the manufacturer to a higher standard). I heard some rumors about Skechers introducing a 2 year waterproof warranty starting this year or next but their website still says only “unworn” products can be returned within 45 days. I was pretty disappointed to find out they didn't offer any quality assurance programs on a $150 shoe.

Wow... If that's the case with these, then it'll be the first and last pair of skechers I ever buy. I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back. 

I'm hoping they cover it though bc I noticed the bottom question on my shoes' page was about the shoes leaking due to a tear and Skechers said they'd cover it. That's actually where I got the email address from. That question came from a guy in Cincy Ohio so maybe there's hope. I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

Hmmm, I must be the lucky one.

Seems I paid about $160a few years ago

Play 2-3 times a week, never had a problem other than needing to install new spikes a few times

Best golf shoes I ever had...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Wow, I own 2 pair and just love em. I walk 95% if the time. No squeaking , no leaking just like walking on a cloud

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I have a pair of sneakers that I use for working out that I love. I was thinking of buying a pair of golf shoes at the end of the season - I try to have three pairs at all times and rotate them so I will be anxious to see how this turns out.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

One of my buddies must have the same shoe.....he squeaks with every step.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8's from Cobra

It's an old man thang.  We squeak when we walk.  ;)

Cleveland

It just means your hips and knees need a little oil

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You got that right!  :D

Cleveland

I was in the market for some new shoes and Sketchers was right up there, but decided to go with the FJ Pro SL. In my opinion, definitely not normal for only playing 2 days a week and not even walking.

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I don't have that shoe, but I bought the GoGolf Elite V3 LX about a month ago.  They seem very nice; no squeaking, very stable and waterproof!!   I've worn them about half the time I play, just to get used to them.  They are much different feeling than the True Linkswear shoes I have worn for years.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

that's a real bummer.... there aren't too many wide shoes on the market and if these are no bueno then my pool of choices just got even smaller.

hope it works out in the end but man am I disappointed...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I also have Skechers, but the Go Golf Drive 2 and I love them. I'm actually looking at getting a pair of Go Golf Drive 3 and Go Elite 3.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So far no problems with mine.  Hope the warranty works out for you.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Hmmm, I must be the lucky one.

Seems I paid about $160a few years ago

Play 2-3 times a week, never had a problem other than needing to install new spikes a few times

Best golf shoes I ever had...

Wow, I own 2 pair and just love em. I walk 95% if the time. No squeaking , no leaking just like walking on a cloud

I have no clue. This is just my experience and what the pro told me. Maybe I got a lemon pair or something??? I'll say that they are very comfortable. Just don't hold up very well. Or at least this pair didn't.

I forgot to post pics last night but will today. Hopefully Skechers will send me some good news. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

I have no clue. This is just my experience and what the pro told me. Maybe I got a lemon pair or something??? I'll say that they are very comfortable. Just don't hold up very well. Or at least this pair didn't.

I forgot to post pics last night but will today. Hopefully Skechers will send me some good news. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

The SKECHERS warranty email you posted piqued my curiosity so I decided to do a little more digging on the quality assurance programs in place for US consumers. Search for "Skechers USA quality assurance" and it takes you to the company's indexed "Featured Support Category" landing page.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/help-center

SKECHERS.com/returns is one of the first links you'll see - in essence it conveys that the company only accepts unworn products purchased within 45 days and they must have been purchased from the company website. So a US consumer with a defective shoe searches for "quality assurance" and is directed to the message (tough tiddlywinks unless you meet the ridiculous criteria above).

However, within the Help Center there is (and this is a telling distinction) an _unindexed_ quality assurance click through. From the Help Center landing page, select the "Product Information" link and then the "Quality Assurance" link. It takes you to a company posting dated JULY 31, 2018 (again telling that this US quality assurance program is less than a month old) that lists an address to send products (post 2015 date of manufacture) if you feel they are defective.

SKECHERS Consumer Returns

29800 Eucalyptus Ave

Rancho Belago, CA 92555

Absolutely no warranty timelines are implied and what may or may not be deemed a defect is at the discretion of the manufacturer. For as long as they've been doing business, they offered a 2 year warranty to consumers in other countries. Something makes me think the introduction of their golf shoe product line and subsequent waterproof claims set this whole US quality assurance train in motion. So I look at this two ways, 1: savvy golf consumers are starting to make some quality control noise 2: before July 31, 2018, the company was perfectly fine telling consumers with defective product to either take a hike or take it up with the retailer where they purchased.

OMG - over the past 10 min while I was composing this post, "July 31, 2018" has been removed from the Quality Assurance link (along with all the other posting dates of help center "Product Inoformation" topics). Really wishing I would have taken a screenshot while it was still there. MyGolfSpy moving the needle?

EDIT - they just put the product information post dates back up on the site... this is getting weird

BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS

My Skechers I bought about a month ago came with a 2 year warranty.  Looks like it applies to most all models.

Wow... If that's the case with these, then it'll be the first and last pair of skechers I ever buy. I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back. 

I'm hoping they cover it though bc I noticed the bottom question on my shoes' page was about the shoes leaking due to a tear and Skechers said they'd cover it. That's actually where I got the email address from. That question came from a guy in Cincy Ohio so maybe there's hope. I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

According to my warranty card, your shoes are covered.  Skechers should honor that.  If you want a copy of the card, I can send it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My Skechers I bought about a month ago came with a 2 year warranty.  Looks like it applies to most all models.

According to my warranty card, your shoes are covered.  Skechers should honor that.  If you want a copy of the card, I can send it.

I checked the date of manufacture on mine and they meet the 2016 or later criteria. But they certainly did not include any sort of warranty registration information with my purchase. To the contrary, trying to locate any solid information the company has publicly disseminated re: product warranties has been a fruitless endeavor.

For posterity, it would probably be helpful to a whole bunch of people if you posted a copy of the blank warranty card within this thread.

It's an old man thang.  We squeak when we walk.  ;)

Heh...are you sure the squeak is coming from the shoes and not just the "old guy" walking farts??? :P

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I've had the same experience with Skechers.

What makes them particularly expensive is that you pay a double premium for the excellent comfort--substantial (albeit not radical) initial expense AND poor durability.

There's at least one disadvantage to all shoes.

Uggs slippers are both very comfortable and rather durable.

BUT, they're expensive and the soles are unexpectedly slippery.

As for golf, though, if I were still playing, I'd still miss "nails."

I asked the pro I bought them from and he said that personally he hasn't problems with them, but said that he has heard other members expressing issues with them. This worries me. These are $150 shoes and I guess I'm a cheap ass but that seems like a decent amount for a shoe that barely makes it 6 months. 

Have any of yall seen quality control issues with your pairs of Skechers? Or did I just get a lemon of a shoe? lol 

You sure as heck aren't being cheap, and less than 6 months on a shoe of that cost and they are falling apart would piss me off something fierce too.

I've got a pair of Skechers Go Golf Blade shoes that I got on clearance at Rock Bottom Golf.  I wear these fairly often and almost immediately I noticed that on the right shoe on the left side of the toe, where I shift my foot when swinging, there is now a small pocket where grass and dirt collect with every round.  Not a major deal breaker, but having grass and dirt stuck in your shoe every time you swing a club is sort of troublesome.  Also, and since I play early mornings, I tend to track a ton of grass and mud on my shoes, where I need to pound the crap out of them in the parking lot after a round to get some of it off.  I guess I pounded the souls of the shoes together too hard awhile ago, because one of the spikes flew off, and it's not like I can replace it, because the entire cavity of the spike area is gone and broken off.  That part I honestly can't even notice with it gone, so I just sort of shrug my shoulders at it.

Beyond those issues, I also noticed that Skechers golf shoes are at least a 1/2 size smaller than other brands.  I normally wear a size 9 1/2, but was trying on some other skechers golf shoes in the store the other day, and found myself going up to size 10, and even size 10 1/2 to find a comfortable fit.

I'm sort of on the fence regarding my next pair, and I was leaning towards dropping some more money on another pair of skechers with a better fit and quality, but now after reading this thread I will put all of that on pause until we get some results here.  My problem is that skechers are extremely comfortable, not only in golf shoes, but just in general, as I have like 4 regular pair of skechers shoes in the house, and I am definitely no fan of Footjoy, as the last pair of those I dropped $120 on (on sale no less) only to have the heel of that shoe rip the hell out of my socks.  It literally rips off little fragments of my socks as they stick to the heel insert of my footjoy shoes.

I may just have to suck it up and go with Ecco the next time around.  I bought one pair of the Freddie Couples style Ecco shoes about 4 years ago, and they are still going, even though I have put them through hell.  I just find that Ecco is really expensive, but perhaps if my first pair of Ecco I bought on clearance is any indication, you get what you pay for, and if I can find a style of Ecco that I really like, I may invest in them, and then I'll have a solid pair of comfortable golf shoes for many years, versus this utter nonsense of poor quality shoes that are hit and miss as to how long they will last.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

$150 ain't cheap. Hell, I only buy closeouts and shoes on sale under $100 and they all last 2-3 seasons. Waterproof and the whole shebang.

Just like you, I play 2-3 times per week, and only walk.

So definitely falling apart after a few months is not excusable.

But all my shoes are Adidas.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived