Your first name- Jason

Las Vegas, NV

Your handicap - 26

Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II

Your PING choice - i210

Graham

Lincolnshire, England

Handicap - 8

Currently using Ping S57 - AWT Stiff shaft + 1/2” with Lamkin crossline oversize grips

Ping i500

I'm beginning to struggle with the S57s and love the idea of the i500s. I hope they would help me in my desire to not just fight the increase of my handicap as I'm getting older, but to reverse it and help me get to category 1 single figures.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

I'm very intrigued by the early reviews of both new Ping irons in the U.K. golfing press and would love the opportunity to put a set into play and share my experiences with others. My details are:

First name - Ashley

Location - Dorset, England, United Kingdom

Handicap - 3.5

Current irons - Callaway Apex Pro 1.5 degree upright with KBS Tour 110 shafts in Regular flex

Ping choice - Although the extra distance offered by the i500 is very appealing, I think I'm more likely to go for the i210 in terms of looks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow, just wow.

Gus from Ontario.

9.2 index.

15 year old Taylormade 200 with R flex shafts.

Preference: Ping i500 with stiff shafts.

Best of luck to everyond

Sent from my FRD-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Would be great to try a new set of Pings

Dan

Location Marana Az

Current hdcp. 16

Current Irons Ping I 20 graphite shafts reg flex 1 degree upright 5 thru lob

Seems like I 210 would be the club for me

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

JP

Virginia

MIzuno JPX900 4-PW, True Temper XP 115 S300

i500

(8) TESTERS WANTED!!

attachicon.gif PING-i500-107.jpg

PING i210/i500 irons

Yep, you read that one correctly, my fine fellow GolfSpies!

EIGHT!

As in Eight is Enough or Eight Days a Week. As in a touchdown and a two-point conversion.

We're looking for EIGHT of you to test, review and keep a set of PING's new i210 or i500 irons (four testers for each set), and let your friends here on MyGolfSpy know if those two new irons sets stand and deliver for better players - feel and accuracy for i210 types and distance and playability for you i500 guys (or gals).

attachicon.gif PING-i210-106.jpg

This review opportunity is open to any eligible MyGolfSpy Forum member in good standing who resides and plays golf on the planet known as the Third Rock From the Sun.

How To Apply:

Here's what we need you to do - first, visit PING's website and determine which iron is best for you, the i500 or the i210.

Then, in this forum (and in this forum ONLY!!!!!), tell us the following:

Your first name

Your home state/province/country

Your handicap

Your current irons set/shaft

Your PING choice - i210 or i500

attachicon.gif PING-i500-105.jpg

We'll announce the testers in this thread next week, so make sure you check back to see if you've been chosen.

Good luck!!!

attachicon.gif PING-i210-101.jpg

Hey MGS community, I'm Kevin, started posting here as I began to take my golf game seriously this spring! 

I've well documented my commitment to improving my golf game this year. Despite living in Arlington, VA, I leaned into range sessions well before true golf weather arrived. Thank god for heated bays at the range!

From finally getting fit for clubs (drivers and fairways) to documenting how my new kit in addition to lessons has improved my game off the tee, I've made a lot of progress so far, with my calculated handicap (not USGA official) of 15.5, down from 19 this spring. 

What I have not done is ever gotten properly fit for irons, which is why this testing opportunity really stands out to me. I'm 6 foot 3 inches and currently play:

2016 Taylormade M2 Irons

KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

+3/4 inches

+1 degree upright

These were purchased from a retail store, not properly fit. Moreso "this is your height, you're a big guy, so here's what shaft and length you need". Better than an off the rack purchase, sure, but not a proper fit by any means. No hitting on a trackman/foresight, no testing against other clubs, etc. 

Today, I struggle with consistent distance in my shorter irons (particularly AW-9 iron being hot) and longer irons a tend to hit a touch fat. 

PING's new offerings have really piqued my interest for a couple reasons. 

1: The offset of the M2 irons is beginning to really throw me off at address. As I've taken lessons, my slice miss has converted into a pull. Progress no doubt, but I'm now questioning my alignment as the irons appear to be setup for a pull at address. 

2: Even though I'm a high handicap, I disagree with the notion that I must play Super Game Improvement Irons. I like the look and appearance of a more compact design, and these PING sets are about as sexy and sleek as they come. Certainly miles beyond what these M2 irons look like. 

3: The lofts on my M2s are crazy. I don't even carry my 4I because the loft + length I have is effectively a 3 iron (19 deg loft, 39.625 inches in length). I'd love to move towards something closer to traditional. I don't need distance, I need consistency. 

I'd love to bring a high handicap perspective to the PING i500. I'd love to dispel the notion that a high handicapper cannot play "players distance" irons. I'd also love to, for the first time, play perfectly fit irons, and compare/contrast how significant that an iron fit can be to your game. 

Not to mention, it'd be awesome to include a lefty tester in your group ;)

What do you guys think? Could a left handed high handicapper who is investing heavily in lessons be a good perspective to add to the PING i500 test?