GolfSpy Barbajo

(8) TESTERS ANNOUNCED: PING i210/i500 irons

Robert

Ohio

Srixon z745 4-PW / KBS C Taper 130x softstep 1x

Ping i210

Would love to use my GC2 to provide some hard data comparison points between my set and the new Pings!

Bryce

Bc, Canada

Kzg zo plus blades/matrix program 120 shafts

I500. I'd like to see if some added forgiveness and distance could be achieved as advertised

Cheers msg

Sent from my SM-G950W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bobby

Pennsylvania

Taylormade M2 (2016) / True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Stiff

i500

This is an awesome test.... 

Todd

Los Angeles, CA

12.0 handicap

Current set: Ping I200, AWT shafts stiff, orange dot

Set I would like to test: I500, similar weighted steel stiff shafts, orange dot.

Early last year I lucked into a used demo set of the I200s with the orange dot (I am a vertically challenged guy). They made a huge impact on my game right away. I have always been a decent driver of the ball but my approach game leaves a bit to be desired. Most of my rounds consist of a handful of pars, handful of bogies with occasional doubles. If I want to break into the single digits I know I need to change that to no doubles, less bogies more pars and, god forbid, at least a couple of birdies per round.

I was able to demo an I500 when it came out (just a 7iron) and immediately fell in love. Not that I don't love my I200s, it's just that I always felt that I could use just that little bit of extra help but didn't want to go all the way to the G400. That is why I am super stoked about the I500s sort of sitting in between the I200 and G series.

I would honestly buy them if I could but unfortunately I was laid off from my job in January and I am supporting a wife in graduate school and two little kids by picking up odd jobs and lower paying work while looking for a job. Some might argue that I shouldn't be playing golf at all but I play cheap muni courses usually on the twilight rate. Golf is cheaper than therapy for me. It keeps my stress away at least for a few hours when I do have the chance to play.

If I was selected you would get an honest review from an honest dude playing regular goat tracks and not fancy country clubs.

Thanks!

Jackson

Georgia (USA)

Mizuno MP18 MMC p-7 FLI-HI 6-4 with Nippon modus 3 Tour 120 stiff shafts

Definitely the i210s! Love the looks and the power spec would be perfect for matching the lofts of my current set! Good luck to all

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey all

James here. Currently playing Taylormade RSi TP's with KBS Tour 130 X flex. I live in lakewood Washington, and play at least twice a week. I've been debating between the i210's and Taylormades P790's. Would love to review these!

Frank

Pa

Srixn 565 irons 6-A project X 5.5 shafts

i200 Irons Project X lz 5.5 Shafts

Hey all

James here. Currently playing

Taylormade RSi TP's with KBS Tour 130 X flex.

3.9 index. I live in lakewood Washington, and play at least twice a week.

I've been debating between the i210's and Taylormades P790's. Would love to review these i210's!!

Karun

New Delhi, India

11 handicap

Having gamed the Ping Eye2 irons for my first 8 years as a golfer, I would love to have a chance to test and review the i210s.

Thanks for the opportunity.

14 HANDICAP

WITB:

Driver - Callaway 816 Alpha DBD w/ Aldila Rogue 60 gram S-Flex Shaft, 44.5"

Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 2 16 degree w/ FGS Black S-Flex Shaft

Hybrid - Adams Super LS 17 degree w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 80-gram S- Flex Shaft

Irons (4 - PW) - Adams XTD Tour with KBS Tour S- Flex Shafts

Wedges - 52-08, 56-11, 60-04 - Vokey SM4 with DG300 wedge shafts

Putter - Odyssey Black Series #3 with Superstroke 3.0 grip, 33"

I F***ing Love This Game