TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Seahawks all the way baby!

Gotta get me some Russell Wilson in my fantasy league!!

You guys hang on to Eddie Lacy? I really wish he would do well.

So much potential - so much body mass

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Nifty Niblick with a CFL and an NHL reference in the same reply..

Liked it when the NHL had names for the divisions and conferences  and not by geographical location. 

not to derail the nfl talk.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I'm a Steelers fan but I think it's going to be an interesting year. Losing Shazier last year hurt a lot, and despite being loaded on offense, they just seem to not be able to put it together. And nobody seems to be able to fill the middle linebacker position. If their defense can pull it together, should be an interesting year!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Eli is done. Next man up

You can't have a top 10 WR (OBJ), a top 15 RB (Barkley), and a top 10 TE (Engram) without a good/decent QB....it's illogical.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I'm a Steelers fan but I think it's going to be an interesting year. Losing Shazier last year hurt a lot, and despite being loaded on offense, they just seem to not be able to put it together. And nobody seems to be able to fill the middle linebacker position. If their defense can pull it together, should be an interesting year!

It looks to me like Steelers fans are everywhere twirling those towels.   My wife is a die hard Ravens fan, so Steelers fans are not her favorite people on football Sundays.   I understand that while someone may leave Pittsburgh, they never leave their Steelers.  Personally, I respect that.   I understand that one's heart typically remains at home.   As a native Virginian, the Redskins will always be my team.  I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Joe Thiesmann and Mark Rypien at a pro-am and I made sure to thank them for the memories.

I think the players association needs a decent PR firm to help get their message across instead of locker room interviews. Nothing is more American than freedom of speech but it does you no good when the kneeling at a game leaves a lot of people confused and scratching their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I doubt they'd be effective, people would just ignore them since they'd be off the field

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

This

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

desperately?

des·per·ate·ly
ˈdesp(ə)rətlē/
adverb
in a way that shows despair.
"he looked around desperately"
synonyms: in desperation, in despair, despairingly, in anguish, in distress; More

• used to emphasize the extreme degree of something.
    "he desperately needed a drink"

OK, fine. "I would very much like to have it signed by the man himself one day." Sheesh! :P

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

the way you describe them makes it sounds like my golf game.  I fix my drives, and my chipping goes to hell.  I fix my chipping, and my long irons suddenly abandon me.  I get most of my game flowing smoothly, and all of a sudden I am missing 2 foot "gimmes" for par.

Just like the Steelers, most of the parts are there, but I can never seem to put it all together at the same time.  But I guess that's why we play the game.  If we all shot 54 every time we went out, what would be the fun in that?

Meh, what am I talking about.  It amazes me that a team with an endless variety of Vince Lombardis in the trophy case is never satisfied.  You should try being a Dolphins fans, like I used to be.  That puts frustration to a whole new level you never imagined seeing in your lifetime.

And then there are Cleveland Browns fans.  Honestly, I couldn't admit to that, even if I was.  The yearly Cleveland carnival coming soon to an NFL stadium near you.   :ph34r:

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

It looks to me like Steelers fans are everywhere twirling those towels.   My wife is a die hard Ravens fan, so Steelers fans are not her favorite people on football Sundays.   I understand that while someone may leave Pittsburgh, they never leave their Steelers.  Personally, I respect that.   I understand that one's heart typically remains at home.   As a native Virginian, the Redskins will always be my team.  I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Joe Thiesmann and Mark Rypien at a pro-am and I made sure to thank them for the memories.

Having lived in NoVa for 5 years, I witnessed Redskins nation first hand.  I honestly don't know how you do it.  I see what Snyder has done to that franchise and just shake my head.  Redskins fans are the definition of hard headed.  Lousy stadium, horrible owner, and a never ending stream of coaching changes and management shakeups.  But yet, there they are every year, loyal as the family dog.

In any other business a man like Daniel Snyder would have gone bankrupt years ago for his total ineptitude at running that franchise into the ground.  I can't even imagine what Jack Kent Cooke is thinking from the grave at where his famed Redskins franchise has gone.

Having lived in NoVa for 5 years, I witnessed Redskins nation first hand. I honestly don't know how you do it. I see what Snyder has done to that franchise and just shake my head. Redskins fans are the definition of hard headed. Lousy stadium, horrible owner, and a never ending stream of coaching changes and management shakeups. But yet, there they are every year, loyal as the family dog.

In any other business a man like Daniel Snyder would have gone bankrupt years ago for his total ineptitude at running that franchise into the ground. I can't even imagine what Jack Kent Cooke is thinking from the grave at where his famed Redskins franchise has gone.

Watching my school's best alum lead the Redskins to the playoffs his rookie season only to watch his knees crumble on that field is the reason why I can't stand the Redskins. I know egos get in the way and there's a bunch of second hand crap in the media but what the heck...RG3 goes from hero to goat quicker than Callaway can come out with a set of irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I promise I'm a nice Steelers fan :). haha. I grew up outside of Pittsburgh then moved to Central PA. But Pittsburgh fans definitely travel well!

Skooooooool!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

the way you describe them makes it sounds like my golf game.  I fix my drives, and my chipping goes to hell.  I fix my chipping, and my long irons suddenly abandon me.  I get most of my game flowing smoothly, and all of a sudden I am missing 2 foot "gimmes" for par.

Just like the Steelers, most of the parts are there, but I can never seem to put it all together at the same time.  But I guess that's why we play the game.  If we all shot 54 every time we went out, what would be the fun in that?

Meh, what am I talking about.  It amazes me that a team with an endless variety of Vince Lombardis in the trophy case is never satisfied.  You should try being a Dolphins fans, like I used to be.  That puts frustration to a whole new level you never imagined seeing in your lifetime.

And then there are Cleveland Browns fans.  Honestly, I couldn't admit to that, even if I was.  The yearly Cleveland carnival coming soon to an NFL stadium near you.   :ph34r:

Ha sounds like my golf game! haha. And I'm aware that I have it good as a Pittsburgh fan (even with the Pirates...). I don't get nearly as riled up about sports as I used to. I've also gotten past hating/disliking teams. I root for the Penguins, but was happy for my Caps fan friends when they won. I've seen Super Bowl's and Stanley Cups during my lifetime. I'll always root for them, but the days of being upset when they lose are long gone. 

You guys hang on to Eddie Lacy? I really wish he would do well.

So much potential - so much body mass

He's a giant tub of worthless lard

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Eli is done. Next man up

He'll be a fantasy stud....

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Heart is my Vikings, gut tells me Pats or Ram.

As long as there are no Cowboys, Seahawks, Packers, or Raiders in it, Im good.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I'm thinking my Raiders will be lucky to win 8 games. I'm thinking Reggie McKenzie needs to be shown the door. I'm thinking professional football is dead. I'm thinking Khalil Mack should also be shown the door. I'm thinking Mark Davis is a doofus. I'm thinking the NFL has jumped the shark.

What is taking those mods so long with the dislike button!!

I actually can't hate to hard on the Pats (I lived in bean town for 5 year). As a fan of the sport, I have to admire what they have been able to do to string together consecutive years of competitive teams. They always find a way to make it work. Why can't the Packers do that!?!?!

That's okay..... I'll hate them for you! :D

My interest level today is a lot less than a couple years ago. I am a fantasy geek with 20 teams a year and because of that I do find I cheer for players more than teams anymore.

With out crossing the moral code, there is just to much negative noise around the NFL to ignore, they have some serious issues they need to address with perhaps the biggest being player safety.

I'll argue that the players know what they are getting into.... and what they are getting paid millions of $$$ for. Defenses aren't allowed to play defense and Offenses can do what ever they want... just like the league wants, ala Major League Baseball with the home run ball.

No one wants to see anyone get hurt, but football is a violent game. All the players know this going into it. The league knows this, too. There is nothing you can do to make the game safer other than eliminate tackling altogether. 

Leading with the head is a natural body/brain function to tackle. The helmet to helmet rules are ridiculous. Yes, if it is very obvious that a defender used his helmet on purpose to inflict injury, a penalty is definitely warranted.... and should by all means be levied. Normal helmet to helmet contact is just a natural part of the game............. the whole thing is just out of hand.

The NFL is killing it's own cash cow with all the ridiculous rules that is making the game virtually unwatchable and unrecognizable.

Browns fans are awesome! Talk about loyalty and devotion to your team! They sure can't be accused of being front runner fans..... like a few other teams' "fans" I could name.... but won't...lol.

I just got done researching for my fantasy draft tomorrow and didn't realize all the decent players that switched teams.  It is crazy the way players switch teams year to year.  I remember when it was the norm to retire for the first team you signed with.

At least my Vikings still haven't gotten the QB position correct yet!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

The NFL is killing it's own cash cow with all the ridiculous rules that is making the game virtually unwatchable and unrecognizable.

C'mon, s&b....

Do we really want to be entertained by the destruction of other peoples' brains and spinal cords?

The Roman Colosseum was allowed to deteriorate into ruins for a reason.

C'mon, s&b....

Do we really want to be entertained by the destruction of other peoples' brains and spinal cords?

The Roman Colosseum was allowed to deteriorate into ruins for a reason.

The top 4 generals of the Roman Empire fractioned the empire into four geographical pieces, and then they ran out of money and the plague killed off millions of people.

But the entertainment of the Roman games didn't stop because of concerns over the value of the human life, that is for sure.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The top 4 generals of the Roman Empire fractioned the empire into four geographical pieces, and then they ran out of money and the plague killed off millions of people.

But the entertainment of the Roman games didn't stop because of concerns over the value of the human life, that is for sure.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Fine.  Then just go back to the first sentence.

Do WE really wish to be entertained by the destruction of other peoples' brains and spinal cords?