TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

I don't know about you but I wouldn't get much sleep at night if that was my wife, even if she is rich!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

He's forty-one, not nineteen.

Sometimes he just wants to sleep.

Wait 'til you're seventy-one, Tom.

Another NFL season is just about to start, and for me,

this one brings a feeling of sadness.

I've already admitted that I'm not a football fan per se.

I'm a big fan of the exotic Erhardt-Perkins offense as executed exquisitely by the Brady/Bellichick-era Patriots.

There's nothing like it anyplace else in football, at any level.

Methodical.    Efficient.    Demoralizing.

But most importantly, beautiful to watch.

And it's all coming to an end. This could be the last year for what's left of it.

And once it's over, it's unlikely that I'll be moved to watch football again.

I'll be interested in watching the 3 former players from our 2012 team play. One's in Minnesota, one's in Atlanta and one's in New England. Potential NFL talent isn't something I saw much of coaching in Maine, but moving to Florida sure changed that.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I'm thinking the Raiders are the new Browns. I wonder if they will wear orange and brown when they make the move to Vegas???

They've got a decent looking team, Carr is good QB and they have some talented players around him, it just depends on how they use them. A couple years ago I think they were going places until Carr got injured.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm thinking the Raiders are the new Browns. I wonder if they will wear orange and brown when they make the move to Vegas???

Let's be honest... they have been the new Browns for a while...

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

They've got a decent looking team, Carr is good QB and they have some talented players around him, it just depends on how they use them. A couple years ago I think they were going places until Carr got injured.

They cut Martavis Bryant, whom they gave up a third pick for... which was utterly stupid to begin with. So, essentially, they just threw away a 3rd rd pick for nothing.

They let Mack go, whom they could have kept since he was under contract and could have been tagged for two more years...... they got two 1st rd picks.... one of which isn't for next year's draft, AND.... they GAVE the Bears a 2nd rd pick! They got fleeced... again.

In the words of Bill Callahan............ "We are the dumbest team in America".

Let's be honest... they have been the new Browns for a while...

Yep. Other than 2016.... they have been abysmal for 15 years.

The Browns seem to have their s*** together now. Unlike the Raiders, they have a real NFL GM that understands how this all works. The Raiders have Mumbles the moron as a GM. His tenure has been an absolute disaster!

It has to change when they move to Vegas.......... there is no way the league allows a loser to move into that venue with the Taj Mahal of a stadium that is being built. They will step in (I hope) and make Mark sell the team at some point.

Yep. Other than 2016.... they have been abysmal for 15 years.

The Browns seem to have their s*** together now. Unlike the Raiders, they have a real NFL GM that understands how this all works. The Raiders have Mumbles the moron as a GM. His tenure has been an absolute disaster!

It has to change when they move to Vegas.......... there is no way the league allows a loser to move into that venue with the Taj Mahal of a stadium that is being built. They will step in (I hope) and make Mark sell the team at some point.

I am with you there.

Carr seemed like he could be a franchise QB in 2016 but now that he got hurt, I doubt he can be the star he once could have been. They had good pieces but "mumbles the moron" made some bad moves this year. They need a revamping at GM and QB to be relevant again.

Maybe if the remove the GM and replace him they could enter a rebuilding phase and be relevant in the next 3-4 years.

I am with you there.

Carr seemed like he could be a franchise QB in 2016 but now that he got hurt, I doubt he can be the star he once could have been. They had good pieces but "mumbles the moron" made some bad moves this year. They need a revamping at GM and QB to be relevant again.

Maybe if the remove the GM and replace him they could enter a rebuilding phase and be relevant in the next 3-4 years.

I still believe Carr has what it takes to be a franchise QB. I also think Gruden will help him take the next step to being that guy.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I still believe Carr has what it takes to be a franchise QB. I also think Gruden will help him take the next step to being that guy.

Maybe Carr as a singular has a chance to be great but with the O-line of the Raiders chances are high the he will get hurt again.

I am with you there.

It's the same thing in Detroit. Can't keep good layers, and the Fords won't spend any money to get better. They spend just enough to put a decent product on the field, but not enough to really contend. Detroit fans are some of the best fans in the world, we've sucked for so long we most be a good fan. Think about when they had Barry, how could you not go out and buy an O-line they should have won at least a couple championships with him, but they wouldn't spend the money. They've had 5 coaches in the last what 12 years, and they've all been the same. We go 8-8 or 9-7 and we call it a great year. Every year. I will always be a Lions fan, but you'd think that if nothin else they would spend some money to win for the fans.

It's the same thing in Detroit. Can't keep good layers, and the Fords won't spend any money to get better. They spend just enough to put a decent product on the field, but not enough to really contend. Detroit fans are some of the best fans in the world, we've sucked for so long we most be a good fan. Think about when they had Barry, how could you not go out and buy an O-line they should have won at least a couple championships with him, but they wouldn't spend the money. They've had 5 coaches in the last what 12 years, and they've all been the same. We go 8-8 or 9-7 and we call it a great year. Every year. I will always be a Lions fan, but you'd think that if nothin else they would spend some money to win for the fans.

At the end of the day, how much would it really cost them?

There would be a big upfront cost, yes, but if you win more games, you get more fans, you sell more tickets, you sell more beer and food, you sell more parking. Not only do you sell more, if there is a demand for tickets, you can raise prices. It costs a lot more to go to a Pats game than a Browns game. Would the upfront cost outweigh all of the potential revenue that they are losing out on?

At the end of the day, how much would it really cost them?

There would be a big upfront cost, yes, but if you win more games, you get more fans, you sell more tickets, you sell more beer and food, you sell more parking. Not only do you sell more, if there is a demand for tickets, you can raise prices. It costs a lot more to go to a Pats game than a Browns game. Would the upfront cost outweigh all of the potential revenue that they are losing out on?

That's the point, spend the money. Whether it be coaches or a player. There are some limitations, but when there are players that can possibly take you to another level, you have to at least make an offer. In the long term, the Bears will Likely be a better team. It may take a year or 2 for that to happen, but they put a large piece into place.

Carr can definitely still be an elite QB. The O line isn't bad, in fact, it's one of the better O lines in the league. It's the defense that keeps us from winning. We have a real D Coordinator now.... Norton was in way over his head. We have a real coach now (maybe).... Del Rio was a joke. I'm not a fan of Olson as O Coordinator.... again, but he's a damn sight better than  the clueless Todd Downing.

This franchise just does things that astound most of us Raiders fans. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.... but I doubt it.

Carr can definitely still be an elite QB. The O line isn't bad, in fact, it's one of the better O lines in the league. It's the defense that keeps us from winning. We have a real D Coordinator now.... Norton was in way over his head. We have a real coach now (maybe).... Del Rio was a joke. I'm not a fan of Olson as O Coordinator.... again, but he's a damn sight better than  the clueless Todd Downing.

This franchise just does things that astound most of us Raiders fans. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.... but I doubt it.

Now that you have Tom Cable, your O-line will turn into crap.

Why do you suppose Seattle had the crappiest o-line for years? I celebrated hard when I learned we dumped his sorry a$$.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The ones that kill me are when someone becomes a head coach and they suck, so they get fired, and then become the OC or DC or line coach and are one of the best in the league, but they couldn't coach anything as a head coach. I can name 3 from Detroit that did that. 2 of them are regarded as some of the best in the game

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

A THURSDAY NIGHT PARRRTAYYYY?????

Should be a good game tonight - cheering for eagles!

Too much history with the Falcons being a Packers fan 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

The Sox are off tonight.  They deserve a night off after that comeback against the Braves yesterday.

Lacking a Sox game, I might peek in to the football from time to time,

but two out of town teams have a hard time holding my interest.

We're super provincial around these parts.

Eagles need something on offense... time for Wentz.

Eagles need something on offense... time for Wentz.

Both sides are struggling...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Both sides are struggling...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, can't put to much stock into week one but I thought Wentz should have had the starting job anyway.

Yea, Wentz is still 2-3 weeks out, but the job is his as soon as he gets back from injury repairs.

Im thinking the Falcons were deeply exposed in their inability to score, which explains why the lost last year in exactly the same scenario. Their O-Line was basically manhandled all game long, and their running game was nonexistent. They choked again and again. They should have blown them out... SAD

they may win some games against some weaker defenses, but as soon as they play any playoff caliber defenses, they'll fold again. So much for their year...

Phillys D looked pretty solid, or the inept Falcons made them look good anyways. Thats why I didn't pick any of them for my fantasy team.

This weekend should tell a lot about where all teams really stand, compared to where all the talking heads have placed them.

I can't wait!!!

The officials wore out the laundry last night. it felt like there was a flag on every play.  26 flags for 236 yards is to many and some pretty cheesy calls. Will admit both teams looked bad so hopeful that was the reason for all the flags.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

We play Houston TWICE today.

Afternoon vs. the Texans.

Evening, trying to avoid sweep by Astros.

Also, HBO and Showtime had competing fight cards last night, so I have to watch the one that I put on DVR.

It's going to be a recliner day (again), so the Gestapo better not have any plans for me.

Although I'm sure that she'll try.

OK, Pats covered the spread by one point.

After week 1, 19-0 still possible

Now we wait for the Sox.

Cleveland will not go 0-16 this season.

Beer still locked up though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad