TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Totally- I even chose them to beat the bears without Trubisky, but nooooo, Stafford decides to cough up a pick six derrrrrrrr

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 2 weeks later...

Green Bay announced today it has fired headcoach McCarthy. 

17 seasons and considering all he has done, do you think it was premature ?

Maybe better move is to get rid of Rogers now?

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

1 minute ago, Har in the Hat said:

I don't know. I think most of this goes back to poor roster management. Rodgers is a great QB but the just don't have a good enough supporting cast. I think it is probably a good idea to clean house, and build around Rodgers. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Well, the Lions played well against the Rams, not a game that I wouldnever think they would win, but with 8 minutes to go, the game was still close. The best team won, but I do like what I see on the field from the Lions, are they a good team right now, not really, but they are showing signs of playing better, which is good. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

I don't know. I think most of this goes back to poor roster management. Rodgers is a great QB but the just don't have a good enough supporting cast. I think it is probably a good idea to clean house, and build around Rodgers. 

Correct he is good but he is nearing the end of his career and It might make sense would to trade him while he is still of value.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Correct he is good but he is nearing the end of his career and It might make sense would to trade him while he is still of value.

Good luck trading him after that huge contract he signed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Good I hope that team sinks to the bottom of the division.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Got a chance to watch not one, but two kids from our 2012 State Runner-up team play in the Patriots-Vikings game. Pretty cool to see.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

It’s just occurred to me that Carson Wentz STINKS

And Redskins might not win another game

Seahawks looking like they’ll win it all again

The NFL is crowd sourcing for ideas to eliminate the punt from pro football. Any ideas on how to do it?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

6 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

The NFL is crowd sourcing for ideas to eliminate the punt from pro football. Any ideas on how to do it?

Have the QB throw the ball as far as he can or make the teams always go for it on 4th down. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by GB13

15 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Take the defense and offense off the field minus a catcher and kicker. Let the kicker kick from a tee. If he makes the field goal it’s 3pts. If he misses it’s a 1v1. The catcher scores it’s 3pts and they get the ball on their 15

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

16 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Make it so you cannot rush the kicker, the ball is then punted, whereever the ball is caught, that’s where the ball is placed. If it goes out of bounds on the fly the ball is placed at the 30, if the ball rolls into the end zone it is placed at the 5, meaning if the ball lands at the 10 and bounces into the end zone it is placed at the 5, it’s better for you to catch the ball bs letting it hit the ground. if you catch the ball inside the 10 it’s placed at the 10, all other catches are placed where the ball is caught. 

17 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Remember, the game is called football so it only seems appropriate that the ball be kicked occasionally.   In other locales, soccer is called football.  I can just visualize some of the residents of those locales asking:  so tell me, why is that called football?

Edited by TheWahoo

5 minutes ago, silver & black said:

What is the reason for eliminating the punt?

I'd guess player safety but I am not 100% sure. I'm just 99.999999999% sure. 

Edited by GB13

Yea... more BS under the guise of player safety. The only player they care about is the bazillion $$$ QB... he fills the seats. No one else matters. The rest of the BS player saftey farce is all about more money in fines... and it sounds good and keeps the lawsuits away.

The game is unwatchable now... get rid of parts of game and watch the fans turn their backs on the NFL. Quite a few already have.

Goodell is the worst commisioner ever.

13 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Yea... more BS under the guise of player safety. The only player they care about is the bazillion $$$ QB... he fills the seats. No one else matters. The rest of the BS player saftey farce is all about more money in fines... and it sounds good and keeps the lawsuits away.

The game is unwatchable now... get rid of parts of game and watch the fans turn their backs on the NFL. Quite a few already have.

Goodell is the worst commisioner ever.

Can you imagine if Brady and Rodgers played under the same rules as Johnny U. or Bart Starr, I'm guessing both would be retired by now.   Watching a pro game is like going to some sort of flag day.   Sometimes, I think the winning team should give the game ball to the officials.   

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

What is the reason for eliminating the punt?

... If you played football, especially in college or beyond, you would know first hand the most catastrophic hits to the head happen on kick offs and punts. Running full speed and getting jacked up with the head snapping into the turf is a recipe for concussions and brain damage. 2 of my 3 concussions came form my head hitting the ground. 

... I have said this before, but the game was just not designed to be played by the kind of players that are in the NFL today. The game was not meant to be played by grown men soooooo fast, strong, explosive and huge. My son was a 255lb DE in college and ran a faster 40 than all our WR's and RB's in 1971 with the exception of 2 of them. Consider this from 1985:

Hall Of Famers Dan Hampton 264lb and Richard Dent 265lb, along with McMichael 270lb just man handled Olineman. Considering the Bears ALL Pro center was only 249lb and their TE's were 237 and 218lb I imagine they would be in for a shock going against 270lb TE's and 310-320 Olineman that are faster, stronger and more explosive. The Bears best Dlineman today is 332 and much faster and explosive than McMichael/Hampton. The 1985 defense was the most dominating defense I have seen play but if they could magically play in todays NFL they would get beaten badly by even the worst team in the NFL. 

In the 1950s, the average offensive lineman was 6-foot-2, 234 pounds.

In the 2000s, the average offensive lineman was 6-foot-4, 313 pounds.

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I think one of the issues is how someone is hit. These guys are not tackling, they are out there to break someone. I would like to see the equipment rolled back some, specifically the shoulder pads. They are made so the player inflicting the blow doesn’t feel anything. If you make those pads smaller, you have less tendency to inflict a crushing blow to an opponent for fear of giving yourself a bad injury. I would keep the helmets as safe as possible. I’ve always felt that you don’t need to knock someone into next week sometime to get them on the ground. There will hard hits, there will be injuries, but no matter how safe you do things they will always happen. I say less padding on the body will likely reduce the amount of injuries

... KOR, the irony is the new rules should bring tackling back. First step was not leading with the crown of the helmet, something we were taught in grade school to NEVER do. People find this hard to believe but in 1969 and 1970, my sophomore/junior year in high school we played in leather helmets. We had this old school Hall Of Fame high school coach that didn't believe in "new fangled" helmets. All of us had grown up using plastic helmets so it was a real shock. But it did not change the way anyone played, especially defensive guys that still stuck their head in there on a big hit. Lots of concussions those two years and I was relieved to transfer my sr year to another school where they used modern equipment. 

... My point is these guys are hard wired to be explosive, hitting machines and pride their manhood on it. Changing equipment isn't gonna change their style. Not to be an elitist, but how dumb do you have to be to play football in the NFL today? With all the current information about brain damage, multiple suicides from players suffering from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopothy and a very poor quality of life after 50 why would anyone with a modicum of intelligence plays this game? I didn't even start in college and after 2 back surgeries, 2 foot surgeries, a separated shoulder and 3 concussions that effect my golf game, if I could go back in time, as much as I loved football in high school and college that taught me a work ethic when I didn't have one and discipline that I was also lacking ... I would play golf instead. 

... KOR, the irony is the new rules should bring tackling back. First step was not leading with the crown of the helmet, something we were taught in grade school to NEVER do. People find this hard to believe but in 1969 and 1970, my sophomore/junior year in high school we played in leather helmets. We had this old school Hall Of Fame high school coach that didn't believe in "new fangled" helmets. All of us had grown up using plastic helmets so it was a real shock. But it did not change the way anyone played, especially defensive guys that still stuck their head in there on a big hit. Lots of concussions those two years and I was relieved to transfer my sr year to another school where they used modern equipment. 

... My point is these guys are hard wired to be explosive, hitting machines and pride their manhood on it. Changing equipment isn't gonna change their style. Not to be an elitist, but how dumb do you have to be to play football in the NFL today? With all the current information about brain damage, multiple suicides from players suffering from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopothy and a very poor quality of life after 50 why would anyone with a modicum of intelligence plays this game? I didn't even start in college and after 2 back surgeries, 2 foot surgeries, a separated shoulder and 3 concussions that effect my golf game, if I could go back in time, as much as I loved football in high school and college that taught me a work ethic when I didn't have one and discipline that I was also lacking ... I would play golf instead. 

Great post. I never played football, mostly because I’d have gotten killed at my size. But yeah, totally agree that anyone playing football now is a moron. And what good is all of that money if you’re not alive to enjoy it?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

The only reason anyone watches the NFL is because it IS violent.  They are the modern day gladiators that satiates our thirst for violence... wheather anyone wants to admit it or not. Keep watering down the game and no one will bother with it anymore. There is a reason these guys get paid the kind of jack they do. They all know the game is violent and that they could get hurt. That's the risk they take to make the millions. I have no sympathy for them. I don't want to see any of them get hurt, but that's what they signed up for.... they took the risk for the money.

If the punt goes away, it's not for the sake of player safety. It's for the sake of future lawsuits.The league and the owners don't give two s***s about these guys, other than the  highly paid QB'S... and that's only because they fill the seats. That's why the defense can't touch them or even tackle them without a penalty being called.

I can't imagine what the players from the 60's/70's think about this crap product that passes for NFL football these days.

I'm must be in the minority, but I hate what they've done to the game...... this aint football anymore.

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

The only reason anyone watches the NFL is because it IS violent.  They are the modern day gladiators that satiates our thirst for violence... wheather anyone wants to admit it or not. Keep watering down the game and no one will bother with it anymore. There is a reason these guys get paid the kind of jack they do. They all know the game is violent and that they could get hurt. That's the risk they take to make the millions. I have no sympathy for them. I don't want to see any of them get hurt, but that's what they signed up for.... they took the risk for the money.

... While I understand this is true for more than a few, those same fans would be screaming and putting a thumbs down when a Gladiator had someone under their spear/sword. But there are many more that love the beauty and athleticism of the game. Watching Barkley hurdle a Bears defender or Hopkins make a toe tapping catch on the sideline, MaHomes make a left handed throw for a first down on a dead sprint or even a 310 pound pulling guard make a block in the open field and of course a talented DE like Mack bend the edge, leaning under a tackle and making a strip sack is why I watch the game. I have always hated the "big hits" and I am glad to see them gone. Now I like a good solid hit as much as the next fan, but not on a defenseless QB or Receiver that can't protect themselves. 

... And as far as the money, golfers make as much or more money, as do pitchers and elite basketball players. So football players are being paid for their athletic prowess, just like every other athlete that plays professional sports. And like everything in life, why we love football is personal and I am certainly not saying you are wrong in your opinion, I just disagree. 

Edited by chisag

Great post. I never played football, mostly because I’d have gotten killed at my size. But yeah, totally agree that anyone playing football now is a moron. And what good is all of that money if you’re not alive to enjoy it?

I graduated high school with a Heisman Trophy winner and now Hall of Famer. Granted it was 30 years ago and we don’t know what we know now but he came from nothing. He won the Heisman after his junior year and I got to talk to him when our high school honored him. He asked me if I’d go back to school or go pro if I were him. Without hesitation I said go pro. Everyone knew he’d be a top 3 pick and he was a smart guy but this was his opportunity to change not only his life but his families.

He could have gone back to school, graduated and frankly wouldn’t make in his lifetime what he made his rookie year. Hard for us to judge when we haven’t walked in some of these guys shoes for a lifetime.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

... Just remember that baseball, basketball and hockey contracts are guaranteed while most football contracts are not. And even then football is dead last. And the average is even pretty skewed by the huge contracts of the superstars as $480,000 is the league minimum, again not guaranteed and practice squad players the get killed at practice getting the starters ready for a game make $7600 a week and if they get injured they are replaced.

"The NFL is the most lucrative pro sports league in the world, but its players are dead last among the four major American professional sports in average salary. On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL players make $1.9 million per year, according to Forbes."

what the...???

This just happened in Miami.  Patriots up 33-28 with 16 seconds to go, and are kicking off to Miami to end the game.  The Dolphins run one play for a touchdown to win the game in a miracle play!  I haven't seen anything like this happen in years!  Unbelievable!

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2053-4e50-5939-373233363834

Don't worry Patriots fans, you'll clinch the division next week, after you kill whomever you are playing and Miami once again chokes away a game they should have won.

Edited by GSwag
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS