TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

... People talk about Seattle or Denvers home field advantage, but nobody has more of an advantage than Miami when cold weather teams come down there to play in the heat and humidity once late October rolls around. Pats just can't win down there. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I really haven't watched any NFL in two years, and the wife had it on today, and I see the miracle in Miami, and now I'm watching the Cowboys/Eagles game and I'm thoroughly convinced that the NFL is fixed. Philly throws to Goddart the TE and they call offensive PI when he scores a TD to tie the game late. They showed the replay and if there was any PI on that play it was by the Phantom Menace from Star Wars. Totally horrible call, and then they call roughing the passer on the next play when all the defender did was wrap Wentz around the legs to tackle him.

This game is completely invalid. They might as well just call it a tie, because the officials have totally destroyed the legitimacy of the results, no matter how this turns out.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

15 hours ago, GSwag said:

what the...???

This just happened in Miami.  Patriots up 33-28 with 16 seconds to go, and are kicking off to Miami to end the game.  The Dolphins run one play for a touchdown to win the game in a miracle play!  I haven't seen anything like this happen in years!  Unbelievable!

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2053-4e50-5939-373233363834

Don't worry Patriots fans, you'll clinch the division next week, after you kill whomever you are playing and Miami once again chokes away a game they should have won.

Pats always lose to Miami.  As you said, they will still win the division and most likely the SB.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

@chisag —— GO BEARS!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, GSwag said:

I really haven't watched any NFL in two years, and the wife had it on today, and I see the miracle in Miami, and now I'm watching the Cowboys/Eagles game and I'm thoroughly convinced that the NFL is fixed. Philly throws to Goddart the TE and they call offensive PI when he scores a TD to tie the game late. They showed the replay and if there was any PI on that play it was by the Phantom Menace from Star Wars. Totally horrible call, and then they call roughing the passer on the next play when all the defender did was wrap Wentz around the legs to tackle him.

This game is completely invalid. They might as well just call it a tie, because the officials have totally destroyed the legitimacy of the results, no matter how this turns out.

Yep.... the officiating is garbage across the board. I've said it before and I'll say it agian... this aint football!

Well, it isn’t the football we grew up watching that’s for sure. I watch the RedZone channel every week, except for when the Lions are on nationallly for me, (which isn’t often), it is a pretty fun way to watch, you get to see all of the redzone activity all day. 

The end of that Dolphins game was crazy. So was the tip drill to end the Cowboys game. Sometimes the ball bounces in your favor, sometimes it don’t. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Yea, red zone is the deal!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Well we (Seahawks) handled the Vikings, and that puts us into the playoffs, most likely in the 5th spot. Not bad for a team that everyone had buried at the beginning of the season...

go Hawks!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Nice to see the Steelers get past the Pats for once. Heck of a game!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

As a Lions fan I usually pack it in pretty early, and this year was no different, however, I think in the overall scheme of things, their year wasn’t really as bad as it looked at the beginning of the year. They showed improvement in all phases of the game as the year progressed, and even though they didn’t win some of the close games, they did bring tough game to the opposition. They were really hamstrung by many injuries to key areas specifically running back, and receiver. Right after they traded Tate, Marvin Jones was injured. I am kind of looking forward to next season with a bit of optimism that they will be more improved. Not saying they will win 15 games, but 10-6 is not a crazy thought either.  We still have 2 games left, with an opportunity to hurt the Vikings chance at the playoffs. Go Lions. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

God I hate Football... I wanted to scrape out my eyes with spoons watching the SEA- HAWKS Lose in OT to the forty winers... 

I hate my life... LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Watching the Patriots game on Sunday used to be something special--like going to see Bobby Short at the Carlyle.

Now it's like being stuck in a bad karaoke bar  at happy hour.

I don't even know how to even react to this, but I can feel the rest of the country rejoicing at our misery.

It's a damned good thing that we won the World Series.

58 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I don't even know how to even react to this, but I can feel the rest of the country rejoicing at our misery.

This rings true. I've almost turned off my phone the past two Sundays with the tsunami of people gloating. Not that their team won, just that the Patriots lost and played like crap.

Steelers and Pats both wanted to lose yesterday. 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:12 AM, silver & black said:

Yep.... the officiating is garbage across the board. I've said it before and I'll say it agian... this aint football!

Each year between rule changes and shoddy officiating I enjoy the NFL less. I no longer watch more than my teams game if I'm at home, and even that is a delayed start with the fast forward button at the ready (thank you DVR). It's also frustrating because the optics from the outside are that the NFL refuses to invest in improving the issue. My guess is they view it as supporting the "More offense, more ratings" philosophy...

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Watching the Patriots game on Sunday used to be something special--like going to see Bobby Short at the Carlyle.

It's a damned good thing that we won the World Series.

Nifty, I grew up as a fan of a sports team that you would hate. They won lots of titles, great! The problem is that the bar gets set high and eventually anything short of a title is a disappointment and a title is a relief.

Contrast that with my daughter who loves the Milwaukee Brewers. She’s still basking in the joy of last season and rightfully so.

I think the Patriots have reached the disappointment/relief level. So sorry - I seriously am.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... I would not wish the Trestman era on any football fans, having a defense that has traditionally been the cornerstone of great Bears teams that gave up the worst numbers in franchise history. Trading for a franchise QB in Jay Cutler and never giving him the Line or defense to succeed as well as changing the offensive scheme every single year but one was a recipe for failure. But those really rough years, getting beat 9 out of 10 time by the Lions and our most hated rivals the Packers owning the Bears, made this year so very sweet. The excitement could not be higher because we are coming off 8 years of all time lows. It is a great time to be a Bears fan, unlike 1986, a year after a dominating Super Bowl win when many fans were disappointed in a 14-2 season and a loss to Washington in the playoffs. Losing is and always has been necessary to truly appreciate winning. 

13 hours ago, revkev said:

I think the Patriots have reached the disappointment/relief level. So sorry - I seriously am.

Perhaps so.  I am not an actual football fan.  I never watch games between two out of town teams.

I'm a fan of the brutal, heartless efficiency of Patriot football as it used to be.

Offense was death by a thousand cuts, methodical and cold, but highly complex nonetheless.  Defense was just the opposite--give up lots of yards but not points because the soul sucking big play was always imminent to ruin your drive.  Nobody else ever played the game that way.  It made it a new and different game unique to our home team. 

I loved that,   I loved how it drove middle America insane.  I loved the reputation we had as real obnoxious Patriots fans.  I loved the reaction I'd get outside of New England when I wore my "Deflate This" T shirt out in public.  I'd just smile smugly at the one-finger salutes from ten year olds and adults alike.

But it's over--being a real prick and getting away with it--only not at anything that actually hurt anyone in an important way, so you don't feel guilt over it. 

Like golf, it's really tough to give up. 

Edited by NiftyNiblick

... Nifty, clearly you and Max need to take a 1 week vacation in Whoville before the 25th arrives. 

Perhaps so.  I am not an actual football fan.  I never watch games between two out of town teams.
I'm a fan of the brutal, heartless efficiency of Patriot football as it used to be.
Offense was death by a thousand cuts, methodical and cold, but highly complex nonetheless.  Defense was just the opposite--give up lots of yards but not points because the soul sucking big play was always imminent to ruin your drive.  Nobody else ever played the game that way.  It made it a new and different game unique to our home team. 
I loved that,   I loved how it drove middle America insane.  I loved the reputation we had as real obnoxious Patriots fans.  I loved the reaction I'd get outside of New England when I wore my "Deflate This" T shirt out in public.  I'd just smile smugly at the one-finger salutes from ten year olds and adults alike.
But it's over--being a real prick and getting away with it--only not at anything that actually hurt anyone in an important way, so you don't feel guilt over it. 
Like golf, it's really tough to give up. 
BOOO

FREAKING

HOOOO

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for your Patriots. You'll win the division again this year, because you get 5 out of 6 free wins every year from the three sorriest franchises in NFL history in the Jets, Bills and Dolphins.

Frankly, I think the NFL ought to realign it's divisions after every season. Just like the draft, the four best teams in the AFC are in the same division the next year, and four worst teams are put together as well, with the 8 middle teams split up into two divisions as well.

I want to see how well the Patriots would fare having to play Pittsburgh and Kansas City twice a year. And can you imagine how things would have turned out if the Manning led Colts/Broncos would have been in the same division with NE and Pittsburgh every year? Man, that would have been fun to watch. Let them kill each other twice a year and limp into the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm liking this idea the more I think about it.
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I'm just gradually easing into not caring anymore.

Once the Pats are knocked out this year, it's somebody else's problem.

As I said, I'm not a football fan. Conventional football--non-Patriots football-- is  mediocrity that doesn't entertain me.

I was a fan of Patriots football in the Brady/Belichick prime.

It was a completely different game than anybody else played--then, before, or after.

Now that it's over, I'll simply leave what's left for other people to watch.

I've got the DVDs.  I can watch them forever--any time I want to see what the game was at it's ultimate peak.

(Have I represented myself as the stereotypical Patriots fan?)

I'm just gradually easing into not caring anymore.
Once the Pats are knocked out this year, it's somebody else's problem.
As I said, I'm not a football fan. Conventional football--non-Patriots football-- is  mediocrity that doesn't entertain me.
I was a fan of Patriots football in the Brady/Belichick prime.
It was a completely different game than anybody else played--then, before, or after.
Now that it's over, I'll simply leave what's left for other people to watch.
I've got the DVDs.  I can watch them forever--any time I want to see what the game was at it's ultimate peak.

(Have I represented myself as the stereotypical Patriots fan?)

At least you admit to being a Patriots bandwagon fan.

At least you admit to being a Patriots bandwagon fan.

I don’t know what’s worse - Browns fans falling all over themselves over a couple of wins, or Patriots fans bailing at the slightest sign of Brady showing his age finally.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

14 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I don’t know what’s worse - Browns fans falling all over themselves over a couple of wins, or Patriots fans bailing at the slightest sign of Brady showing his age finally.

... Even though the Bears have had more success than the Browns in the past 20 years, there are similarities been the 2 franchises and I certainly understand Browns fans enthusiasm. Both franchises have been through around 80 QB's trying to find just one franchise QB. Amazingly terrible decisions thru the years. But both teams seem to have found their franchise QB's and both teams have crafted a great defense. After the last several years of miserable losses, both teams fans deserve to be ecstatic with their teams in 2018. Whether or not they are building something that will last more than one season remains to be seen, but for the time being "falling all over themselves" is well deserved.

... However, I completely agree about spoiled Pats fans. 😜

38 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Browns fans are die hard and have stood by their team through a lot of crap - they deserve every bit of success they are getting.  

Pats fans jumping ship the moment they stop winning will not surprise me at all.

Browns fans are die hard and have stood by their team through a lot of crap - they deserve every bit of success they are getting.  
Pats fans jumping ship the moment they stop winning will not surprise me at all.

Enjoying success is fine - I suppose the old adage “act like you’ve been there before” doesn’t apply here since Browns fans have zero idea what it’s like to win

I guarantee you talk radio up here will completely melt down soon, as if no one ever suspected that the Pats would eventually go back to being a run of the mill team eventually.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

... Well the Pats fans should remember their storied record breaking history with losing:

Super Bowl XX  The Bears defeated the Patriots by the score of 46–10.

In their victory over the Patriots, the Bears set or tied Super Bowl records for sacks (seven), fewest rushing yards allowed (seven), and margin of victory (36 points). The Patriots were eventually held to negative yardage (−19) throughout the entire first half, and finished with just 123 total yards from scrimmage. Bears defensive end Richard Dent, who had 1.5 quarterback sacks, forced two fumbles, and blocked a pass, was named the game's Most Valuable Player (MVP).[6]

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Why shouldn't Browns fans fall all over themselves because of a few wins? It's been decades since they've been able to feel good about their team. It isn't just a few wins... it's the culture change that Mayfield brought with him.

The Browns are on their way back, and there are is no more deserving fanbase. I'm happy for them.

... Well the Pats fans should remember their storied record breaking history with losing:

Super Bowl XX  The Bears defeated the Patriots by the score of 46–10.

In their victory over the Patriots, the Bears set or tied Super Bowl records for sacks (seven), fewest rushing yards allowed (seven), and margin of victory (36 points). The Patriots were eventually held to negative yardage (−19) throughout the entire first half, and finished with just 123 total yards from scrimmage. Bears defensive end Richard Dent, who had 1.5 quarterback sacks, forced two fumbles, and blocked a pass, was named the game's Most Valuable Player (MVP).[6]

I was a teenager growing up in Kansas and didn’t have a dog in the fight but New England did have, at the time, the quickest lead in Super Bowl history in that game. All I remember is the Fridge scoring a TD that game and Payton did not. As a Bears fan did that tick you off at all?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right