Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Really surprised by how poorly the colts are playing. Luck sure gets a lot of his passes tipped and knocked down.

Sent from my SM-N960W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

15 hours ago, GSwag said:

Anybody but the Patriots, please.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We're not looking great, G, but making the rest of the world miserable is mothers milk to a New England Patriots fan.  (We're a little deranged that way. It's a result of having rooted for the red-shirted Boston Pats of old.)

I think we might get by Rivers and the  Bolts today, but damn, those Chiefs look tough.  We barely beat them (43-40) here in God's country,  but beating them in flyover country in front of the cows is admittedly no easy task.

Either way, I don't drink beer in the winter.  I'll make a pitcher of Bloody Marys for the game.  And another at half time.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

With the ragged showing of the Cowboys yesterday the NFL season is officially over for me. The rest of the playoffs and superbowl are of no interest. (honestly, the cowboys aren't/weren't a serious contender anyway) The Rams offense looked great and ran over the Dallas defense. Additionally, the Rams had 2 seriously bad calls against them and still won. Especially that roughing the kicker call. Didn't matter anyway as the Rams are the better team.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

On 12/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

I'm just gradually easing into not caring anymore.

Once the Pats are knocked out this year, it's somebody else's problem.

As I said, I'm not a football fan. Conventional football--non-Patriots football-- is  mediocrity that doesn't entertain me.

I was a fan of Patriots football in the Brady/Belichick prime.

It was a completely different game than anybody else played--then, before, or after.

Now that it's over, I'll simply leave what's left for other people to watch.

I've got the DVDs.  I can watch them forever--any time I want to see what the game was at it's ultimate peak.

(Have I represented myself as the stereotypical Patriots fan?)

Bump. 

Please get the eagles out of here. Tired of seeing them limp through this season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Really, Drew?

The Chargers have always been one of the teams for whom I “cheer”, so it’s disappointing that they lost in the playoffs again. The O line, and defense had a ROUGH day. I just never understand how the Patriots were horrible when I was growing-up, and now they’re there every single year. They draft late in rounds, and the way the league is, they’re supposed to drop-off, but never do. How organizations like my Lions are the exact opposite makes no sense either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

20 minutes ago, PMookie said:

The Chargers have always been one of the teams for whom I “cheer”, so it’s disappointing that they lost in the playoffs again

Being as they are in my division..... I feel exactly 180* differently...lol. Although, I despise the Patr*ots equally.... if not more!

The Chargers have always been one of the teams for whom I “cheer”, so it’s disappointing that they lost in the playoffs again. The O line, and defense had a ROUGH day. I just never understand how the Patriots were horrible when I was growing-up, and now they’re there every single year. They draft late in rounds, and the way the league is, they’re supposed to drop-off, but never do. How organizations like my Lions are the exact opposite makes no sense either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As another Lions fan, I feel you on everything you said. The pats literally scrape the bottom of the barrel, and make it happen every year. Then when they're done with the guy, they let some other team overpay him and repeat the cycle.

Mixed day today.

The Pats won.

But I think tonight is the last episode of Donovan.  I don't think it's coming back.

Premium cable is dying.  Everything is streaming now, and I can't buy every streaming service.  I like cable.

Damn world changes too fast for us old people.

Even with the Pats winning, I guess I'm still in a lousy mood.

Even after two pitchers of Bloody Marys.

Not good. But tomorrow is another day, right?

16 hours ago, jlukes said:
On 12/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

I'm just gradually easing into not caring anymore.

Once the Pats are knocked out this year, it's somebody else's problem.

As I said, I'm not a football fan. Conventional football--non-Patriots football-- is  mediocrity that doesn't entertain me.

I was a fan of Patriots football in the Brady/Belichick prime.

It was a completely different game than anybody else played--then, before, or after.

Now that it's over, I'll simply leave what's left for other people to watch.

I've got the DVDs.  I can watch them forever--any time I want to see what the game was at it's ultimate peak.

(Have I represented myself as the stereotypical Patriots fan?)

I'm honestly not sure what the point of bumping this up is?  NN is going to continue to talk about the Patriots when they win, and then deny he's a fan when they lose.

What NN doesn't seem to understand is that the Patriots are exactly the reason why I have 99% of the time lost complete interest in the NFL.  Apathy is more like it.  8 straight years of the Patriots in the AFC Championship is just stupid.  That's not parity.  That's not exciting, and it's honestly not even worth watching.  I flipped on the Patriots game for about 2 seconds in the 3rd quarter and saw them up by 5 touchdowns.  I immediately changed channels and put on the Web.com tournament on Golf Channel.

That's right, NN.  I'd rather watch JV golfers in the Bahamas then I would watch the Patriots ever again.  I've stopped watching 99% of games because of them.

So please, go take your meds.  Your posts about how you aren't a Patriots fan just makes me more and more apathetic about the Patriots, and the NFL overall.

Who wins and who loses at this point I really don't care, because the Patriots are still involved.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I feel the same way GSwag. Only about Alabama and Clemson in college. They might as well just schedule next year’s National Championship right now. Bama 1 Clemson 2.

BTW... Go Pats!

I actually do feel that way about the so called college football playoff.  It's not a playoff, at least one of the teams that won it's major conference's title is left out each season, this season it's two.  There are teams left out every year that have a reasonable chance to win the championship which then increases the possibility of having exactly what we've gotten.

While there have been some exciting championship games (from what I've read) you could throw the time that I've wasted watching each of them together and it still wouldn't equal a single game.  College Football lost me with the BCS and it has done nothing to get me back.  I used to attend 4 or 5 games a seasons - where ever and whomever I could get tickets for - including Bowl games and I would watch as many games on TV as I could catch (my wife was the only limiting factor.)

I realize that it's all about the money - I might be happier with the NCAA if they would just come out and admit that.  Better I wish they would make more money by expanding their "playoffs" to 8 teams - the 5 major conference champions plus 3 wild card teams.  That should have everyone who could win in.  It will mean no more than a one week bye for all the participants so the first round games should be better.  It will also lead to more "upsets" so that you won't have the same teams in the final game every season.

As for the NFL this has really been a terrible playoff season thus far.  It's been so blah that I've made a tee time for next Sunday after church and snuck out after the first drive yesterday to get a quick nine in.  I don't have a beef with the Pats or any team sustaining excellence - if they can do it others can - why aren't they - that should be the question.  The games just haven't been very good so far.  The two close games didn't seem to feature much action and the games where points were being scored were lopsided. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I guess we now know why Jeffrey’s was traded by Chicago. All kidding aside, that has to be very  difficult to handle. That ball went straight thru his hands. It would have been interesting so see what would have happened if he caught it. On the other hand, the 4 best teams all season are playing in the respective championship games, that’s not too bad, hopefully we get some good games to watch. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

5 hours ago, GSwag said:

I'm honestly not sure what the point of bumping this up is?  NN is going to continue to talk about the Patriots when they win, and then deny he's a fan when they lose.

What NN doesn't seem to understand is that the Patriots are exactly the reason why I have 99% of the time lost complete interest in the NFL.  Apathy is more like it.  8 straight years of the Patriots in the AFC Championship is just stupid.  That's not parity.  That's not exciting, and it's honestly not even worth watching.  I flipped on the Patriots game for about 2 seconds in the 3rd quarter and saw them up by 5 touchdowns.  I immediately changed channels and put on the Web.com tournament on Golf Channel.

That's right, NN.  I'd rather watch JV golfers in the Bahamas then I would watch the Patriots ever again.  I've stopped watching 99% of games because of them.

So please, go take your meds.  Your posts about how you aren't a Patriots fan just makes me more and more apathetic about the Patriots, and the NFL overall.

Who wins and who loses at this point I really don't care, because the Patriots are still involved.

I said that I'm not a football fan, G.  I don't watch out of market games.  Boxing and baseball are better sports in my view.

(I loved to play golf,  but I was never a huge pro golf fan either.)

I've been a huge Patriots fan, first in the Boston Fenway Park era (1960s) and then after a long lull, In the Brady-Belichick era.

Early this year, it looked as though the Brady-Belichick era was over.  They're obviously not the team that we were in the previous decade.   To my surprise, however, they made it to another AFC Championship Game.  It wasn't just on talent this time.  It was on pedigree. It was on class.  It was old royalty, past its prime, doing it on pride.

They're road dogs next week, but they could possibly go on. Even if they don't, they've overperformed.  That's  what class and pedigree do.  That's why the Patriots should be profoundly respected whether one likes football or not. Class earns respect.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

Lifetime colts fan here. Thought we really were a shell of ourselves from the other games I’ve watched this year, especially on defense. Looking forward to next year as the team overachieved what I thought we’d be capable of. Hell around Indianapolis, it was as late as August 1 and we still weren’t sure how much luck was back. Hoping for a good draft and offseason moves as I believe the colts have the second most cap room of any team.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Who do I pull for....???

Rams have 5 ex Oregon/Oregon St players on their roster and I like Goff. The struggle is Suh...not a fan even though he is a local athlete out of Portland.

Chiefs have Mahomes and Hill. They are at the bottom of my list for no real reaaon other then not a KC fan.I do think Andy Reid is due and my  money would o on KC to win it all

NE is my favorite team next to Minnesota. I would love to see Brady get his 6th and retire. I do think that they are the weakest of the 4 but they are the Pats and that counts big time.

NO ....Im pulling for Brees and this game with the Rams is going to be amazing from an O stand point. 

No matter what  we are in for what should really be 3 Super Bowls im my opinion.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Since Philly is out, I'll pull for KC the rest of the way.  Andy Reid is a great coach and I'd love to see him get a ring.  Not to mention Mahomes is a lot of fun to watch.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Greg Zuerlein is absolutely insane. Cold blooded.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

WOWEEEE WHAT A FINISH!!!

It's not offense or defense that wins championships, it's KICKING. Hekker flipped the field with some booming precision and Zuerlein knocked them stone cold from distance when it mattered most. What a clinic!!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my 2019 campaign to include punters in the MGS Fantasy League #LetThemPunt

PS. That was a terrible call and the Saints have every right to be upset. I feel for their fans experiencing heartbreaks 2 years in a row. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

WOWEEEE WHAT A FINISH!!!
It's not offense or defense that wins championships, it's KICKING. Hekker flipped the field with some booming precision and Zuerlein knocked them stone cold from distance when it mattered most. What a clinic!!!
I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my 2019 campaign to include punters in the MGS Fantasy League #LetThemPunt

PS. That was a terrible call and the Saints have every right to be upset. I feel for their fans experiencing heartbreaks 2 years in a row. 
I like different and odd so I will sign the petition and join the cause! #LetThemPunt

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

What an embarrassment that missed call was. The refs just decided who was going to be in the Super Bowl with that call. Just terrible. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Go Pats!! Woo!!

Go Chiefs!!