TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

1 hour ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Nobody's perfect.

But we've got SIX Lombardi Trophys!

Imagine if we didn't leave our mojo in massage parlors.

I'm having to try really hard to bite my tongue and not go on a long rant about this. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

23 hours ago, GB13 said:

I'm having to try really hard to bite my tongue and not go on a long rant about this. 

I appreciate it.

Patriots fans enjoy being annoyingly snobby and elite.  I know that I do. This foolishness is tough on us.

I watched a rugby type football match today. It was fifteens. Usually TV rugby is thirteens, so it was fun to watch the old college style game.  I'm not an expert, but when somebody got 5 points instead of 4 for a touchdown (they call it a "try") , I knew it was fifteens.

I noticed that a few of the players were wearing helmets.  They were similar to the helmets used in American football more than 100 years ago.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, silver & black said:

I've tried to watch Rugby, but I just can't grasp the rules of the game...or how it's played, for that matter...lol.

There are two major versions of the game. Thirteens is called "League" rugby and fifteens is called "Union" rugby.  I have no idea why. 

I can watch rugby football a littler bit, but soccer football puts me to sleep.  Neither one is the assault on brains and spinal cords that our American football is, though.

There are two major versions of the game. Thirteens is called "League" rugby and fifteens is called "Union" rugby.  I have no idea why. 
I can watch rugby football a littler bit, but soccer football puts me to sleep.  Neither one is the assault on brains and spinal cords that our American football is, though.

Actually the major version now is sevens. If you get cable it will most likely be on this week as there is a large sevens tournament in Vegas. US is one if the top teams in the world. Fast game as it is played in 14 minutes, 2 7 minute halves with a 2 minute break.

Trying to learn the sport myself as a few of my coworkers play/played and are avid fans.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Antonio Brown possibly traded to the Raiders just made this year a lot more interesting for me. I'd like to think this is a good move because they didn't give up much for him but he could cause more drama. If Carr keeps his job, I believe he is a better leader and person then Roethlisberger so hopefully there's no issues between them.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

Antonio Brown possibly traded to the Raiders just made this year a lot more interesting for me. I'd like to think this is a good move because they didn't give up much for him but he could cause more drama. If Carr keeps his job, I believe he is a better leader and person then Roethlisberger so hopefully there's no issues between them.

Has nothing to do with who is a better leader at qb. For a player who skipped out on practices and games this is all about Brown. He was made the highest paid receiver two years ago and agreed to a contract. Then all of a sudden decided he didn’t want it and threw a fit. I’m glad he’s gone. Dudes a cancer. He’ll get along great with everyone until things don’t go his way.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Has nothing to do with who is a better leader at qb. For a player who skipped out on practices and games this is all about Brown. He was made the highest paid receiver two years ago and agreed to a contract. Then all of a sudden decided he didn’t want it and threw a fit. I’m glad he’s gone. Dudes a cancer. He’ll get along great with everyone until things don’t go his way.

We got him for nothing... but I didn't want him. The Raiders are in basically a ground up rebuild. AB needed to go to a team that need him to get to the show . That team isn't the Raiders.

This was about star power for the move to Vegas. He'll be 32 when that happens. When he figures out Carr is over rated, I look for him to start his bull***t.

Edited by silver & black

2 minutes ago, silver & black said:

We got him for nothing... but I didn't want him. The Raiders are in basically a ground up rebuild. AB needed to go to a team that need him to get to the show . That team isn't the Raiders.

This was about star power for the move to Vegas. He'll be 32 when that happens. When he figures out Carr is over rated, I look for him to start his bull***t.

not sure who is running the show in Oak-egas, but this one is a head scratcher.  I know they want to put butts in the seats and get some enthusiasm for the team but 3rd and 5th round picks for a team looking to rebuild its franchise are pretty valuable.

And what happened to Osemele?  I know he's older and all but losing a vet on the OLine is tough.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Osemele is always injured. He misses half a season or more every year.

The few good things I see from this trade: we will know what we have in Carr. If he sucks with the best WR in the game to throw to, it's time to move on at QB.

AB is going to make Gareon Connley better... and he's fairly good now.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by silver & black

8 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Has nothing to do with who is a better leader at qb. 

I disagree, Ben did his talking through the Radio and then lately the GM. I bet he just ignored AB. Tomlin's lack of calling out brown and the GM who gave e raises every year the past three years also added fire to the AB ego train. Read Peter King's FMIA on profootball talk for a better perspective.

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

This was about star power for the move to Vegas. 

This was about winning football games the way Gruden knows how to. Remember they traded their young WR stud who just didn't want to play for Oakland. The second half of the season made that painfully obvious. He still dropped a pass a game though. I'll take AB over Cooper anyday all day. For better or worse .... We'll see

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

not sure who is running the show in Oak-egas, but this one is a head scratcher.  I know they want to put butts in the seats and get some enthusiasm for the team but 3rd and 5th round picks for a team looking to rebuild its franchise are pretty valuable.

And what happened to Osemele?  I know he's older and all but losing a vet on the OLine is tough.

Gruden and Mayock are running the show. It's not really a head scratcher since they traded their #1 WR and needed another one.

a 3rd and fifth is nothing for the best WR in the game.

Osemele is a power scheme blocker. Tom Cable is a zone guy who needed zone blockers. They just needed a better fit to their run game and osemele has value. I just wish they got a higher pick out of it.

1 hour ago, Slap said:

Gruden and Mayock are running the show. It's not really a head scratcher since they traded their #1 WR and needed another one.

a 3rd and fifth is nothing for the best WR in the game.

Osemele is a power scheme blocker. Tom Cable is a zone guy who needed zone blockers. They just needed a better fit to their run game and osemele has value. I just wish they got a higher pick out of it.

I'm not so sure he is the best WR in the game right now. I'd take DeAndre Hopkins over AB. To tell you the truth, I'm more excited over the trade for Trent Brown than I am for Antonio Brown.

The real head scratcher is why Tom Cable is the line coach..... and Greg Olson is O coordinator because???? 

You might be more sold on Gruden than I am. I didn't want him back, but it is what it is and I guess we'll see how it plays out.

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm not so sure he is the best WR in the game right now. I'd take DeAndre Hopkins over AB. To tell you the truth, I'm more excited over the trade for Trent Brown than I am for Antonio Brown.

The real head scratcher is why Tom Cable is the line coach..... and Greg Olson is O coordinator because???? 

You might be more sold on Gruden than I am. I didn't want him back, but it is what it is and I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Hopkins is smooth but the texans are treating him right. I feel you on Cable, but he and Gruden are what the Raiders are rolling with so lets see how this year plays out. 

I just hope the first rounders are all on defense in this draft.

Was your screen name the some on the inside the oakland raiders blog that Jerry McD and Crokran used to run?

... I'll add my 2 cents, well maybe just a penny. Gruden let go one of the most team oriented and humble stars in the game. Now he brings in someone that doesn't care about winning as much as being a star and has a huge ego. It doesn't really matter what Gruden thinks or what us fans think. The team knows Gruden made the trades and exactly what their locker room chemistry is like. They will be the key. 

Btw Slap, I love a fan that backs his team and waits to see how things work out before rushing to judgement. Too many Bears fans are doom and gloom for everything and think every team should be compared to the 85 Bears. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

15 hours ago, Slap said:

I disagree, Ben did his talking through the Radio and then lately the GM. I bet he just ignored AB. Tomlin's lack of calling out brown and the GM who gave e raises every year the past three years also added fire to the AB ego train. Read Peter King's FMIA on profootball talk for a better perspective.

I'll admit that Ben talking through radio was never the smartest decision, but as someone who follows the team closely it was never left at that. Many of his teammates talk about how Ben is always in position meetings and working with others. I agree that it also falls on Tomlin for treating AB certain ways, hindsight's 20/20.

Really curious to see how Brown does with the Raiders and how he'll respond if he's held to the same expectations as everyone else. With him it's never about the team. It's now about the individual.

3 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Really curious to see how Brown does with the Raiders and how he'll respond if he's held to the same expectations as everyone else. With him it's never about the team. It's now about the individual.

Me as well, I'm a realistic fan and this could blow up and quickly. I didn't like the Gruden hire but here we are and they better start winning.

Hey. I am really happy with the moves that my Lions made. They actually addressed some key needs on offense and defense through FA. That has really never happened before. The only signing that is questionable was Danny A, but I think that 1 year deal is more for locker room help than anything, he knows the system that Patricia is trying to run, so he can help some of the other receivers learn it faster, and he can still catch the ball, his numbers won’t be huge, but it’s the off the field numbers that won’t be seen that will have a bigger impact. The big signing of Trey Flowers was massive for the Lions. Also a Tight End that should be able to really help. They did good this time, excited for the season 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Does Nick Foles going to the Jags make them a solid contender this season? That seems to be the position that they were needed filled, they have about as good a running game as you can find, so Foles should fit them pretty well. 
I would say if their defense can get back to what they were 2 years ago then they are absolutely a contender with Foles. If their defense plays like they did this last year then they will have a hard time because Foles isn't going to outscore anybody in a shootout with them.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Well the Browns just became the favorite in their division! What a crazy off-season so far.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I would say if their defense can get back to what they were 2 years ago then they are absolutely a contender with Foles. If their defense plays like they did this last year then they will have a hard time because Foles isn't going to outscore anybody in a shootout with them.

... Yup. I am of the belief to win playoff games in the NFL, sooner or later your QB has to mount a game wining drive when everyone knows he is throwing the ball. Foles isn't gonna win a shootout but he has proven he can produce that game winning drive. Many teams don't have that QB and it is why an above average but not franchise NFL QB is so valuable. When you have a Carr, Stafford, Cutler or Goff, you have to hang on to them until you find a better QB. Sure, every fan wants a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck or Mahomes but they are so few and far between. It is almost a curse to have that above average QB but not franchise QB and fans don't like it, but watching the Bears 50 starting QB's, and almost all of them well below average, ya gotta hang on to the Foles of the NFL. Unless you hit the jackpot with a franchise QB. While the Bears were starting 50 QB's, the Packers were starting 2: Favre and Rodgers. And the records for those years are obvious. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Hey. I am really happy with the moves that my Lions made. They actually addressed some key needs on offense and defense through FA. That has really never happened before. The only signing that is questionable was Danny A, but I think that 1 year deal is more for locker room help than anything, he knows the system that Patricia is trying to run, so he can help some of the other receivers learn it faster, and he can still catch the ball, his numbers won’t be huge, but it’s the off the field numbers that won’t be seen that will have a bigger impact. The big signing of Trey Flowers was massive for the Lions. Also a Tight End that should be able to really help. They did good this time, excited for the season 

Jesse James is underrated at te. Solid player with good hands and does well blocking. I’ll miss him in Pit

Does Nick Foles going to the Jags make them a solid contender this season? That seems to be the position that they were needed filled, they have about as good a running game as you can find, so Foles should fit them pretty well. 

I think it depends on what system they run. If they have him drop back and throw them no. Doug Pederson set him up well for success in Philly with a lot of run/pass option. If they play to his strengths they’ll do well.

Tom Cable is a horrid line coach, and i know from the 5 years he spent in Seattle. I cheered the day he was fired

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Leveon Bell is a Jet. Sadly he signed for less than what the Steelers offered him. Glad they're both gone though.