TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I agree that everybody’s actions involved were inexcusable! The only person that may have a chance to come out looking descent is Pouncey for protecting Rudolph. That said I think the penalty is more than warranted. If you want to protect him, throw Garrett off him and stand between them. Don’t forget that another offensive lineman (I forget which one) was already throwing Garrett to the ground when Pouncey came in swinging and then started kicking Garrett in the head. Deion Sanders tweeted out that Pouncey is a hero in the nfl locker rooms and while that may be true he should still be penalized for doing something against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve no issue with pinning him to the ground, even if both of them jumped on top.

Was the kicking too much? I think that is a very subjective question. While I say no, since there was no real chance to injure Garrett who was in full pads and it gave a better chance of subduing him, others are going to think it was too much to start kicking Garrett, and it was just perpetuating the aggression.

Again, it’s very subjective, and I wouldn’t say any opinion is “right”, it’s just open to interpretation and personal opinions. And there’s nothing wrong with that. 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Amazing role models these guys are... put it on repeat for all the children of the world to see.

Haven’t seen a better post on this thread in quite a while. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

9 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I’ve no issue with pinning him to the ground, even if both of them jumped on top.

Was the kicking too much? I think that is a very subjective question. While I say no, since there was no real chance to injure Garrett who was in full pads and it gave a better chance of subduing him, others are going to think it was too much to start kicking Garrett, and it was just perpetuating the aggression.

While I have no problem agreeing with you on your first statement, I completely disagree with the second. 
While Garrett is in full pads with a helmet on, Pouncey kicks him in the top of the head. That helmet protects his head from impact but does nothing to protect his spine from being pinched and jarred from the being pressed down.  

Again I don’t condone anything Garrett or any of the guys involved did. I think it was a disgrace and we may have gotten a glimpse of their true colors, so to speak. With that said, I am not saying that Pouncey was wrong in trying to protect his QB just that the way he did it was wrong.  Decastro had Garrett pinned on the ground when Pouncey kicked him in the top of the head. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Dreadful O against the Eagles tonight,  but at least we didn't lose.

17-10. Miserable game to watch.  Worst 9-1 record we've ever had. 

Still holding hope for that Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies), though.

The Brady/Belichick Era, glorious as it's been, probably ends this season.

TB12 and Gisele put their house up for sale.

One more title would be great, but we'll need much better offense from here on out.

Lions... 444 yards passing by Dak. Lost by EIGHT?!
So, the Lions cannot run the ball, nor can they stop anyone. In the next draft, how do you even decide what to draft? They need so many pieces STILL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Dreadful O against the Eagles tonight,  but at least we didn't lose.
17-10. Miserable game to watch.  Worst 9-1 record we've ever had. 
Still holding hope for that Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies), though.
The Brady/Belichick Era, glorious as it's been, probably ends this season.
TB12 and Gisele put their house up for sale.
One more title would be great, but we'll need much better offense from here on out.

Yeah when Gisele gave me a kiss as I walked out the door yesterday, she was happy to be leaving New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

NFL lost even more of me today with that non PI call inthe Balt-Houston game. Play was challlenged and not reversed  is a bunch of $%&#. 

Maybe my Viings will finally win a SB and I can stop watching. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I was sort of bored yesterday afternoon and I was subjected to the NE/PHI game, and several things stand out.

• If you do the QB comparison, it's a joke.  Again, Brady has that 2 second clock in his head and unloads the ball faster than anyone can get to him.  20 years and still no one has truly figured out a way to stop that dude.  And he rarely makes a mistake or gets sacked.  Lack of turnovers and penalties have always been the key to NE success.  It's not rocket science honestly, but I just find it fascinating that there doesn't seem to be any other team in the league that preaches to avoid penalties and turnovers at all costs.  How many (close) games has NE won because the other team turned the ball over or had a costly penalty on offense that simply stopped a drive?
  • Carson Wentz should truly look at that game film and put a clock on how long he holds the ball in the pocket back there.  There were at least a half dozen coverage sacks that could have not been sacks if Wentz would simply count to 3 and unload the thing.  The ball has to be gone in 2 seconds or less to have success in the NFL.  And if it's the 3rd quarter and you are still looking at coverage sacks everytime you go back to pass, then that is on your coaching staff.  The failure of Philly to adjust to what NE was doing on defense is a joke.  Gee, let's run the same passing play 50 times, and expect different results from NE on defense.  But ultimately Wentz holds the ball WAAAAAAAY too long.  Which would you rather have - an incompletion and 2nd and 10, or a sack and 2nd and 17?  Same story, different day.  I swear football coaches are the dumbest animals on planet earth.  No creativity, no ability to adjust to game flow, and just keep trying the same plays that fail over and over and over again.
  • PHILLY - RUN THE DANG BALL!!!!  If NE's secondary is coverage sacking you all day long, what's worse statistically?  2nd and 17, or 2nd and 9?  I mean, geez, you can't figure out a way to exploit a weakness of that defense?  That's poor coaching, and poor decision making by Philly overall.  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, and you deserved to lose!
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

We've got Jerry's Cowboys in Gillette this week.  Giants, Eagles, and Skins out of the way--last game with the NFC East. We can be de facto champs of both Eastern Divisions.

I'd be starting to get revved up around today, but I've been stuck in the House hearings.  It reminds me of my boyhood.  Lots of House and Senate hearings on TV in the 1950s.  I'd rather be thinking about my Pats, especially as our Era is winding down, but this crap is dominating my attention.  It truly sucks but I'm consumed. Can't discuss it further here, of course.

I haven't been following the Cowboys...any good?

Edited by NiftyNiblick

I took the cowgirls over the punchless Pats this week. Their run is done...

took the Pack over the 49ers too. Not too sure about that one.

and of course,Hawks over the Eagles... easy call,  up wentz stinks, and Russ doesn’t..

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I took the cowgirls over the punchless Pats this week. Their run is done...
took the Pack over the 49ers too. Not too sure about that one.
and of course,Hawks over the Eagles... easy call,  up wentz stinks, and Russ doesn’t..

Defense wins championships. Pats will easily cover that spread at home. Dallas will have at least 3 turnovers. That’s always how NE wins.

Niners defense does the same thing to Rogers.

At this point I’ve got NE and SF in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/20/2019 at 8:58 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

We've got Jerry's Cowboys in Gillette this week.  Giants, Eagles, and Skins out of the way--last game with the NFC East. We can be de facto champs of both Eastern Divisions.

I'd be starting to get revved up around today, but I've been stuck in the House hearings.  It reminds me of my boyhood.  Lots of House and Senate hearings on TV in the 1950s.  I'd rather be thinking about my Pats, especially as our Era is winding down, but this crap is dominating my attention.  It truly sucks but I'm consumed. Can't discuss it further here, of course.

I haven't been following the Cowboys...any good?

I'd say I'm looking forward to the Pats dynasty ending, but we all know that will just mean you posting about how you don't watch football anymore and how you miss the good ol Brady years...

The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is a fan that admits that he's no longer a fan anymore and was only a few fan when the team was good 

10 hours ago, jlukes said:

I'd say I'm looking forward to the Pats dynasty ending, but we all know that will just mean you posting about how you don't watch football anymore and how you miss the good ol Brady years...

The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is a fan that admits that he's no longer a fan anymore and was only a few fan when the team was good 

Trolls gonna troll...

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 11/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, GSwag said:

Defense wins championships. Pats will easily cover that spread at home. Dallas will have at least 3 turnovers. That’s always how NE wins.

Niners defense does the same thing to Rogers.

At this point I’ve got NE and SF in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Baltimore might give the Pats a hard time if Lamar doesn't pull another playoff performance like last year. I thought it was going to be free for the Pats this year when the Chiefs started to have injury problems, but Baltimore has been a pleasant surprise.

13 hours ago, jlukes said:

Agreed about the fair-weather fans. Having no professional local teams, Hawaii is full of bandwagons and fair-weather fans it's disgusting. Never saw a single Rams flag on a car until last year, and now that they are underperforming I'm back to not seeing them. Same thing for the Eagles fans who seemed to be everywhere after they won the SB.

I'm probably just bitter because I've been a Lions/Knicks fan since the early 90's 😅

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Actually, J. Lukes, I was a big fan of the BOSTON Patriots who played in Fenway Park when tickets were seven bucks and I could even afford to go as a college kid.  That team didn't win  anything.

The "suburban" Patriots didn't interest me until Brady, I admit, and I also admit that they probably won't after he leaves.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

How freaking hard is it to double cover Edlemann and force Brady to beat you with someone else?  Man, I swear it's unbearable watching a Patriots game when you see the same stupid crap week in and week out for the least 20 years.

Factor in the weather and the 6.5 point spread won't be enough for Dallas to cover.

OH JUST SHUT UP ABOUT THE PATRIOTS ALREADY!!!  JUST GIVE THEM THE DAMN TROPHY AND SAVE EVERY ONE THE WASTE OF TIME GIVING IT TO THEM!!!!!

But the Hawks won!

now for the Packers to beat the 49ers!

How about my Giants, Chisag? They made Tribisky look like a competent NFL QB today.

I’m glad that I watched the UConn game. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

How about my Giants, Chisag? They made Tribisky look like a competent NFL QB today.

I’m glad that I watched the UConn game. 😞

Rev - You're a Giants fan too?  I knew there's a reason I liked you.  And I'm glad I slogged around a muddy golf course instead of watching that abomination.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Pats didn't cover but did get to 10-1, effectively win the NFC East with a 4-0 record, and did maintain virginal end zones on defense.

They're usually a good club in heavy rain and wind.

I hate Sunday Night, Monday Night, and Thursday Night games, but we're in Houston Sunday Night as I wasn't asked.   Can we beat both Texas teams back to back?  I think so, but we'll see.

Stairway to Seven...that's the hope, and despite pedestrian offense, it remains a possibility.  Defense is great except in Baltimore, special teams are also good, and Brady does the most that anyone could with that mediocre supporting cast on offense.

Former Patriot backup Jimmy Garappolo vs. Tom Brady in the Super Bowl would be a huge local story.  Lots of soap opera drama. Good fun. 

I almost forgot....seventeen consecutive seasons with ten or more wins...a new league record,

Edited by NiftyNiblick

Wow- the cowgirls, bald  eagles, raiders, and the packers got humiliated and exposed as non- contenders this weekend. Amazingly, the Pats weathered the weather (see what I did there?), and pulled out a win, mostly with their defense. (Which by the way, wins big games) as much as I detest them. Don’t know if there was ever a game I wanted both teams to lose.

im guessing Baltimore steamrolls the Rams tonite, which leaves as real contenders:

Pats, 49ers, Ravens, Seahawks, Saints, Buffalo maybe

second tier with a Chance:

vikings, chiefs

a few good games next week that’ll clarify things more:

Hawks vs Vikings, Ravens vs 49ers, Pats vs Houston (cowgirls vs Buffalo- the loser is toast)

The nail biting stretch is here...

Rev - You're a Giants fan too?  I knew there's a reason I liked you.  And I'm glad I slogged around a muddy golf course instead of watching that abomination.

It’s getting almost impossible to be a Giants & UCONN fan.
Maybe switch to Rays & Buccaneers & UCF?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Good grief, I just don’t see anyone being able to cope with these Ravens...

might as well just give them the trophy now...

I dunno, that niners defense is pretty good...

Not like this pathetic Rams d...whew, 6 straight touchdowns...6 in a row. Dang

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Good grief, I just don’t see anyone being able to cope with these Ravens...

might as well just give them the trophy now...

They are looking unstoppable right now.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'm very concerned about the Baltimore Raisins.  They're the 1 in our 10-1, and the game wasn't the least bit competitive.  I would be very pleased if somebody else would be kind enough to knock them off before we might see them in the tournament.  We match up better against teams that can beat them than we do against them.

The thing about the Raisins is that I don't like running quarterbacks--that style looks so amateurish to me--and it's really hard to imagine being beaten by a team that deploys one, even after seeing it with my own eyes. 

Ironically, the Raisins made the case for classic pocket passing when Flacco beat Kaepernick in the battle of the Harbough Brothers Super Bowl a few years back (although I didn't bother watching it-I only watch Patriot games ).   Now they're the team that could make it obsolete.

My dream is Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies) followed by the immediate retirement of the magnificent Tom Brady. That would be the perfect way to bring my football watching to a satisfying end.  It's right now looking possible but by no means more than that. 

What are you going to do on Sundays once the greatest era in American football history comes to an end?  It's coming soon--one way or another, and i have a definite preference for which way. 

But I'm getting ahead of myself--there's that thing in Houston next.  It's another stupid Sunday night game to delay my viewing of the next Donovan episode. Bummer.