TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

I’m surprised there hasn’t been mention of the Pats, latest cheating scandal. Spy-gate II, if there is anything to tarnish the Brady-Belichick era, it’s the countless cheating scandals. I’m not surprised to see this happen again, as the saying goes, leopards never change their spots. 

I think there is more to this story than meets the eye. In the meantime....

IMG_1061.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Now I realize that media pundits (Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd) will talk about nothing but the Dallas Cowboys, but have you ever seen a more pathetic division then this year's NFC East?  In theory, a 6-9-1 team could win that division.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

....I know we're all passionate fans of our respective teams and that's awesome but please - before clicking "Submit Reply" - take a quick look at what you've written and make sure it isn't personally offensive to anyone. 
Banter = good
Insults = bad

Thanks!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

12 hours ago, jlukes said:

Good God the Eagles are terrible. 

Well let's see - the Giants lost to them and at the end of the game the Eagles were playing at least two taxi squad players.  Uhmmmmmm

What does this say about the NFC East because the Eagles might win it. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

Well let's see - the Giants lost to them and at the end of the game the Eagles were playing at least two taxi squad players.  Uhmmmmmm

What does this say about the NFC East because the Eagles might win it. 

Shurmur cannot be gone fast enough.  Simply does not know how to manage a game and make adjustments.  Eagles had virtually no WRs the entire 2nd half and the Giants blew a 14 pt lead?  Awful

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Shurmur cannot be gone fast enough.  Simply does not know how to manage a game and make adjustments.  Eagles had virtually no WRs the entire 2nd half and the Giants blew a 14 pt lead?  Awful

Could you believe how open Ertz was all night?  I'm with you on Shurmur and I'm not normally one to say coaches should go so quickly - I'd can him now and hire Rivera before some one else swoops him up.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

6 minutes ago, revkev said:

Could you believe how open Ertz was all night?  I'm with you on Shurmur and I'm not normally one to say coaches should go so quickly - I'd can him now and hire Rivera before some one else swoops him up.

Ertz was literally their on weapon once Jefferey went out in the 2nd qtr, and the Giants still couldn't think to cover him.

They need to blow it up from coaching staff to front office.  Bring in someone like Matt Rhule and let him bring in his own GM.

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

couldn't bear to watch the game last night so I watched the highlights.... the winning play in OT is something to behold.  Ertz takes about 3 steps puts his hand up and he's wide open in the endzone.  

If there is one guy you bracket/shadow in that situation I don't know who else it would be?

wow...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 hours ago, Middler said:

So you’re saying this situation is the same as Spygate 12 years ago? This isn’t the same at all, let’s see what the league concludes. If they’re fined, so be it, but I doubt it.

No, it’s isn’t the same, but it certainly shows a pattern of bending the rules. If this were the first incident, it could easily be written off as nothing more than a rogue camera crew, but it isn’t. They’ve had multiple documented incidents of cheating over the Brady era and who knows how many more that weren’t caught. IMO, this tarnishes their legacy more than Brady overstaying in the league for a few years. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

5 minutes ago, Middler said:

It's not the same at all, but you could read exactly what happened if you're even interested. Let's see how the investigation unfolds before you start concluding "cheating" and suggesting the Pats are the only team who has ever gone over the line trying to get an advantage. Every team does it to some extent, testing where the boundaries are, that's been established over and over again. Even with the original Spygate, other teams admitted they'd been doing the same thing at the time. But the Pats paid a high price in 2007, no one is denying that.

The only real difference was that in 2007, it was concluded that Belichick told them to tape the sideline. So far, that hasn’t been made clear in this investigation. Otherwise, the main facts remain the same, the Patriots, or someone hired by the organization, was taping opponent’s sideline to get the signals. Am I saying the Pats are the only team to do this? Not at all, I have no doubt that other teams have done this. But the Pats continue to get caught up in incidents involving fair play, which clearly shows a disregard to the integrity of the game. 

There's only a few interesting games this coming Sunday with playoff implications impacting the winner and loser of each game...

• Texans at Titans (-3). (1:00 PM EST on CBS)  Essentially a pick 'em, as Vegas always gives the home team 3 points.  Titans are 7-5 against the spread (ATS) this year.  Texans are 6-7.  Both teams are 3-2 ATS away/home respectively.  There is heavy action on the over as it started at 47.5 points and is up to 50 points, which indicates bettors are assuming an offensive shootout.  For my money I'll take the points and go with the Texans to cover this one, and win straight up.  DeShaun Watson should be able to out quarterback former Miami Dolphins cast off, Ryan Tannehill and give the Texans the road win.
  • Bills @ Steelers (-2).  (8:20 PM EST on NBC)  Both of these coaches have done a tremendous job this year, especially Mike Tomlin of the Steelers, as he's had to piece together multiple quaterbacks to fill in for injured Ben Roethlisberger.  Bills are 5-0 ATS on the road this year.  Based on that I'll take the points and see the Bills winning this one outright, and continue to breathe down the necks of the Patriots for the AFC East division title.  Could this be the year someone breaks New England's stranglehold on that division?

The rest of the games on the schedule this week smell like dead fish.

24 minutes ago, GSwag said:

There's only a few interesting games this coming Sunday with playoff implications impacting the winner and loser of each game...

The rest of the games on the schedule this week smell like dead fish.

... Wow. The Bears Packers are the oldest rivalry in the NFL. If the Bears beat the Packers they remain in the playoff hunt. And if the Vikings lose this week to the Chargers or next week to the Packers and the Bears beat the Chiefs, it sets up the Bears vs Vikings game: a winner makes the playoffs for the last game of the season. Don't know about you but most find the final game of a 16 week schedule in a winner take all pretty dammed exciting game. Now maybe that is dead fish in Tallahassee (where it may actually be dead fish you are smelling) but it is pretty big to a large portion of the US. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Wow. The Bears Packers are the oldest rivalry in the NFL. If the Bears beat the Packers they remain in the playoff hunt. And if the Vikings lose this week to the Chargers or next week to the Packers and the Bears beat the Chiefs, it sets up the Bears vs Vikings game: a winner makes the playoffs for the last game of the season. Don't know about you but most find the final game of a 16 week schedule in a winner take all pretty dammed exciting game. Now maybe that is dead fish in Tallahassee (where it may actually be dead fish you are smelling) but it is pretty big to a large portion of the US. 

Oh please.  The Packers are going to KILL the Bears.  Not interesting to me.

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

I'll check this game out but boy do I hope it is better than the first time they met this year.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

21 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'll check this game out but boy do I hope it is better than the first time they met this year.

... Amen to that. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

All I'll say is it's interesting how polar opposite the opinions are between a Patriots employee, who has nothing to do with actual football operations, getting caught filming a sideline and the Astros stealing signs during baseball games, something that was seemingly done with the knowledge and backing of the entire organization including the players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

This has been the most annoying second half of the football season that I can ever remember.

My favorite seasons are the ones with the New England Patriots plus thirty-one teams each serving as the Washington Generals  football equivalent.  I don't care about competitive games. I enjoy Patriots blowout wins, and i haven't seen much of that in recent weeks.

Brady is gone next year, and this year, he's had no offensive help.  I've got to find alternative means of entertainment. I might be running up quite a book bill at Barnes & Noble.  This is getting serious now.

17 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

This has been the most annoying second half of the football season that I can ever remember.

My favorite seasons are the ones with the New England Patriots plus thirty-one teams each serving as the Washington Generals  football equivalent.  I don't care about competitive games. I enjoy Patriots blowout wins, and i haven't seen much of that in recent weeks.

Brady is gone next year, and this year, he's had no offensive help.  I've got to find alternative means of entertainment. I might be running up quite a book bill at Barnes & Noble.  This is getting serious now.

You like things that are convenient. We get it. 

You're a front running fan because it's convenient to be. When the Patriots suck you'll stop being a fan. Sure, you'll pop in here to remind everyone you don't care anymore and fawn about the good ol days, but your not a fan anymore. Because it wouldn't be convenient. It would take too much work to be a fan of a bad team. It's far easier to not be a fan anymore and just talk about the past. 

It's similar to how you talk about how you can't golf anymore. Talking about the days you used to golf is far more convenient than actually trying to get back in shape or see a doctor to see what can be done about your back. Why do that when you can simply complain about your injuries and things aren't how they used to be. 

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

It's similar to how you talk about how you can't golf anymore. Talking about the days you used to golf is far more convenient than actually trying to get back in shape or see a doctor to see what can be done about your back. Why do that when you can simply complain about your injuries and things aren't how they used to be. 

My trolling about the Patriots is in fun, and you can criticize that all you want, jlukes.

Spinal stenosis and ulnar nerve damage have no remedies, however, and smart ass comments about my disabilities are malicious and nothing more. You're a cretinous troglodyte, and I've no more interest in anything that you post.

8 hours ago, Middler said:

Alleged, we don't actually know yet. And you may have noticed most communications, especially offense, come in via radio communication - beginning over 25 years ago. Signals aren't at all what they used to be. And other teams get caught and fined every year, but that doesn't serve your agenda.

First off, I don’t have any “agenda”.

I’ll agree that this set of allegations is not been confirmed. If these allegations turn out to be false, or unsubstantiated, I’ll issue you a heartfelt apology. 

Also, some calls come in over radio, but I think you’ll agree that signals are still used, although to a lesser degree than in the past. 

I'm thinking the Patriots just added another asterisk to their already shameful record book. Of course, the charges could be completely wrong... I mean it's not like they have done this before 🤨.  I do agree that this time, if found guilty, sitting out the playoffs would send a strong message.  But, that will never happen - simply too much $$$ at stake.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-cheating-patriots-should-be-banned-from-nfl-playoffs/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, Middler said:

I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t think it was true? It’s my understanding most communication is via radio now, but I don’t have any first hand experience with same. You often see QBs holding their hands over their earholes before plays, listening to the play call coming in the offensive coordinator or head coach. And you see coaches calling in, holding their playsheet over their mouths on every play. Visual signals are the least used method of communication these days to my knowledge.

I’m a Pats fan, you’re not, no problem. 

I’m here to talk golf primarily.

Yep, we clearly see this differently, and there’s nothing wrong in that. Let’s get back to golf! 

Just now, GB13 said:

Yep, we clearly see this differently, and there’s nothing wrong in that. Let’s get back to golf! 

forged or cavity back?

😈

Just now, GSwag said:

forged or cavity back?

😈

Fittings for all! 😜

2 minutes ago, GSwag said:

forged or cavity back?

😈

Mystery material filled 🤣.

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Mystery material filled 🤣.

may contain traces of zebra.

6 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Agree. So, do you think Belichick cheats at golf? 🙂 

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Agree. So, do you think Belichick cheats at golf? 🙂 

This feel like a trap. I mean, it’s a really good one, but it’s a trap nonetheless. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

This feel like a trap. I mean, it’s a really good one, but it’s a trap nonetheless. 😂😂😂

I think the long time, dedicated Oakland fans got the proverbial shaft.  Vegas Nation? I've also heard Silver Pawns, Vegas Sinners, and Gamblers... go some others?