TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

I think the long time, dedicated Oakland fans got the proverbial shaft.  Vegas Nation? I've also heard Silver Pawns, Vegas Sinners, and Gamblers... go some others?

Yes they did.
I’m still whining about the Hartford Whalers leaving CT 100 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

You would have thought the Raiders would have had a fire in their belly to win the last game in Oakland for their loyal fans. What a disgrace! 

They better leave the name and colors exactly as is when they move to Vegas. Raiders fans won't tolerate messing with the name or uniforms.

There are some good Saturday games this weekend...

• Houston @ Tampa Bay (1:00 pm EST)
  • Buffalo @ New England (4:30 pm EST)
  • Rams @ 49ers (5:15 pm PST)

Can I hope that Buffalo upsets the Patriots and has hope of winning the AFC East for the first time in forever?  I can hope, right?

It'll be interesting to see if the Rams can beat the 49ers on the road.  I think Seattle is rooting for that anyway.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking paybacks are hell and Kansas City fans have developed a new love for fish 😍

image.png.5123d0b4153a381fff6ec300f4f2280d.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, Middler said:

Yeah. The Dolphins finished strong at the Pats were lackluster for 60 minutes.

Perhaps a classic case of looking past the game at hand, we know the outcome before we start?  For Miami, this was their season playoff game. They knew a win may very well have a negative impact on NE (not much love there) and played inspired football.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

First time in 11 years that the Dolphins have defeated the Patriots in Foxboro. This win is beyond huge for the Dolphins franchise as motivation for next season, and the fact that they dropped NE to the 3 seed meaning they have to play next week and (probably) on the road after that.

CBS posted a stat that said the NE has never gone to the Super Bowl when having to play in the wild card round.

GOOD!!!! I hope they are 1 and done in the playoffs this year. I screen shotted that box score and I will remember this game for a long time. F the New England Patriots!!!!
IMG_0040.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking paybacks are hell and Kansas City fans have developed a new love for fish 
image.png.5123d0b4153a381fff6ec300f4f2280d.png

I hope KC wins the Super Bowl. They are beyond overdue as it’s been 50 years since their win in SB IV after the 1969 season.

Where are all my Cowboys fans?

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

They are still in the fetal position after last week's beat down at the hands of the Philadelphia Eagles.  

I actually stayed up last night to watch to the end of the Niners/Seahawks game, and I reviewed the highlights from the November 11th game played in San Francisco, that went to the final second of OT, which was won by Seattle.

These are two of the most evenly matched teams currently in the NFL.  They are like two heavyweight fighters trading blow after blow and neither one willing to back down at all.

These two teams could play 5 or 10 more times and they'd split the games differently every time.  It's purely a matter of who scores last and who gets a lucky bounce.  There were also a couple of really bad penalties that shouldn't have been called, but that's just football, and it happens.

I would not want to be the Eagles this next weekend.  Seattle is going to come in there just slightly pissed off, because they had several chances to punch it in from the 1 yard line to win the game and couldn't do it.  Seattle is not really much of a road team, but I wouldn't bet against them this coming weekend.  And Marshawn Lynch may just be playing on adrenaline, but he looked to be Seattle's inspirational player at the moment.  It'll be interesting to see how Seattle handles that as well.

Gonna be interesting to see if Brees’ history continues to follow him. He can’t win outside. I hope he sheds that, and the Saints make the Super Bowl again!!! I’ve lived in Louisiana six years longer than I did in Michigan, so I should just go ahead and drop my Lions for good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Gonna be interesting to see if Brees’ history continues to follow him. He can’t win outside. I hope he sheds that, and the Saints make the Super Bowl again!!!

I think it's telling that the QB with the most yardage and most TD's didn't make the NFL All Time 100 Anniversary Team.  They brought him up as an obvious snub, but I think it speaks to what defines Brees career, which is that he's got incredible numbers, but only one ring.  But honestly, you could throw Dan Marino up there compared to Brees, and I'd give Brees the nod as a better QB at this point when comparing the two of them.  I mean, Marino sniffed one Super Bowl, but never won a thing in Miami.  Sure, they looked real good getting to the playoffs for most of his career, but every year they folded like a cheap suit in January.

I mean, if we're tossing pure statistics out there, let's talk about why Jim Kelly was left off of that team for the same reasons as Brees was.  Now, Kelly has 4 STRAIGHT Super Bowl appearances, in spite of the fact that Buffalo was no match for Dallas (twice), or the Redskins, but to a man, they absolutely should have beaten the Giants in their first Super Bowl.

Which leads me to my next point - is there any team in the history of the NFL that has overachieved  with more dumb luck then the New York Giants.  I mean, if you count that Buffalo Super Bowl squeaker win, and the two against New England that if anyone is honest, the Patriots should have won (especially 2007 - I mean, someone had voodoo going on that day against the Patriots for them not to complete the perfect season), I mean, the Giants deserved about ONE of their Super Bowl victories.  Well, ok, Denver had no business being there a couple of times, mostly because they lucked into getting Cleveland in the AFC Championship twice, and we all know that the only luck you get in Cleveland is bad luck.  But I mean, come on, the Giants deserve to suck for the next 75 years, just based on all of the extremely lucky wins they've had in the playoffs and Super Bowls.  And since you brought it up, it's time that some other teams receive some of those fortunate rolls/calls/bounces/helmet catches.

And then there's the Jets.  I honestly....I mean...come on Jets fans.  We need some team to step up and challenge New England in the AFC East.  Because, and maybe I am alone in this, but I was celebrating a 5-11 team beating a 12-4 team yesterday, mostly because I am just beyond sick of that 12-4 team getting 6 BYE games every year against three teams that refuse to act normal and right the ship after sucking for a few years.  I mean, look at the NFC West.  The Niners sucked for a few years, and then drafted their way back to prominence.  The Rams, the same.  Every team in that division has sucked from time to time, but they turn it around, and make it happen, and become serious competitors every 3 years or so.  I mean, I get it, you love Joe Namath, and still revel in the fact that he guaranteed a win as the biggest underdog in Super Bowl history, and actually pulled it off.  But man, news flash, he's retired, and they've actually torn down the stadium he won that Super Bowl in.  So hire someone with a brain who can actually draft and build a team with some chemistry, and a real quarterback, and let's give New England that 5-11 season that they've deserved for the past 10 years.  And for heaven's sake - SOMEONE PLEASE HIT Tom Brady!!!

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:03 AM, GSwag said:

I would not want to be the Eagles this next weekend.  Seattle is going to come in there just slightly pissed off, because they had several chances to punch it in from the 1 yard line to win the game and couldn't do it.  Seattle is not really much of a road team, but I wouldn't bet against them this coming weekend.  And Marshawn Lynch may just be playing on adrenaline, but he looked to be Seattle's inspirational player at the moment.  It'll be interesting to see how Seattle handles that as well.

@GSwag, Seattle not being much of a Road Team is a misnomer. Seattle Went 7-1 on the road this year. Listening to Seattle Sports Radio And Players and Coaches  told some of the media they are ready fro Philly and Want to get  San Francisco in the 2nd Round..

Pete Carrol Stated he did not see the PI call in the End zone as he was trying to figure out the next play. Even the Broadcast said it was clearly Pass Interference in the end zone on 3rd down.. Which would have given Seattle the ball on the 1 and to Marshawn.. And....... Touchdoooooown Seahawks...

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Well, the Lions fired 6, but not the DC. Maybe he’ll go too.They were 9-7 under Jim Caldwell and said they needed an upgrade. Well, Patricia should’ve been fired after this season. Ridiculous.

Detroit: where coaches go to kill their career.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

22 hours ago, PMookie said:

Well, the Lions fired 6, but not the DC. Maybe he’ll go too.They were 9-7 under Jim Caldwell and said they needed an upgrade. Well, Patricia should’ve been fired after this season. Ridiculous.

Detroit: where coaches go to kill their career.

Saw the other day that Patricia fired 6 assistants.

They must have told him to clean house..

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Buffalo broke my heart...again.

Just like a bad gambler, they were up in the first half; they changed their strategy and then went on tilt for the final quarter.

Another sad ending to a fun season. I wish they’d find some consistency within their game plan.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Buffalo broke my heart...again.

Just like a bad gambler, they were up in the first half; they changed their strategy and then went on tilt for the final quarter.

Another sad ending to a fun season. I wish they’d find some consistency within their game plan.

Agree,tough loss.

Rick

Left Hand, 

As I predicted, the Pats are done...

but still a heck of a decade eh?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

As I predicted, the Pats are done...
but still a heck of a decade eh?

Hard to imagine we’d see something like that again.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Derrick Henry is a beast. Talk about running over defenders like a bulldozer. That’s how you inflict pain on people. There ain’t a player on the NE defense who woke up today and was able to get out of bed they hurt so bad.

And that strategy of simply taking a few penalties and getting another one from NE around the 5 minute mark was like ripping a page from Belichick’s, “59 ways to cheat in football” playbook. Vrabel learned a few tricks during his time in NE for sure. Shortened the game dramatically.

Tennessee may not win next week but they played a brilliant game. Shutting out Tom Brady in the 2nd half! Wow!

I can’t imagine Brady retiring with his last pass being a pick 6.

And trying to interview Belichick is a complete waste of time. Why no one hammers him with a, “coach, can you explain why you are so rude to the media?” Question. I mean, you aren’t even going to get a quotable response to anything. This is after the last game of the season too. Not like you have anything to hide from the next opponent or you’re saving anything for later. He may be the greatest coach of this generation, but he’s a complete and total @$$hole of a human being. Good riddance to him and the Patriots!

Tough way for the Pats to end their season but everyone saw this coming. They dominated weaker teams and then couldn't keep up with the stronger ones. Too many injuries on the O-line and not enough offense along with Brady's decline showed they weren't going to go far. 

Over the past 20 years I've been able to witness absolute Pats dominance, which was wonderful after sitting through Pats hot garbage the first 20 years of my life. No matter what happens going forward, nothing can take that away. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

56 minutes ago, GSwag said:

And trying to interview Belichick is a complete waste of time. Why no one hammers him with a, “coach, can you explain why you are so rude to the media?” Question. I mean, you aren’t even going to get a quotable response to anything. This is after the last game of the season too. Not like you have anything to hide from the next opponent or you’re saving anything for later. He may be the greatest coach of this generation, but he’s a complete and total @$$hole of a human being. Good riddance to him and the Patriots!

This is something I wish we’d discuss further. Any Belichick presser is a carnival act. A few months ago, a video of his son Steve  circulated the internet giving one of his dads patented monotone performances. Fans think it’s cute, I think it’s obnoxious. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

46 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Tough way for the Pats to end their season but everyone saw this coming. They dominated weaker teams and then couldn't keep up with the stronger ones. Too many injuries on the O-line and not enough offense along with Brady's decline showed they weren't going to go far. 

Over the past 20 years I've been able to witness absolute Pats dominance, which was wonderful after sitting through Pats hot garbage the first 20 years of my life. No matter what happens going forward, nothing can take that away. 

With you there - been following this team since 1968 - saw them play at Fenway, BC, Harvard and the old dump that was Schaeffer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium. It's been a hell of a ride, and something tells me it's not over. Consider that in Brady's 18 season's as a starter (2008 doesn't count - thank you Bernard Pollard), they won the last game of the season 6 times - meaning 12 times they didn't. Pats haters can rejoice last night's loss, but over? We'll see...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Tough way for the Pats to end their season but everyone saw this coming. They dominated with SIX free wins against suck @$$ division opponents like every other year and then couldn't keep up with the stronger ones. 

There, fixed it for you.  Basic math on the Patriots every year.  If they even lose half their division games, they go 10-6.  Lose all of them and they go 7-9.  I can play this game looking at every single year for the past 20 years with the Patriots.  When the Jets, Dolphins and Bills spent the last 20 years being the 3 worst teams in football, it diminishes everything that the Patriots have accomplished.  Put them in a division like the AFC North and they don't make the playoffs half of the years that they did.  And they certainly wouldn't get a 1 or 2 seed for the past 20 years.

Yeah, I get it, you play the hand that you are dealt, and New England was genius at exploiting the 3 worst franchises in NFL history over the last 20 years.  But frankly, the NFL should have stepped in 10 years ago with the competition committee and realigned the divisions, or changed the scheduling rotation or something, to make sure that no team can do what the Patriots have done.  Anyone who is honest will admit that what the Patriots have done for the past 20 years is not good for the league in general.  It's the same thing with Belichick taping opponents practices and other such nonsense.  If you have to cheat to win it diminishes your legacy and ultimately your place in the history of the sport.

Dynasties are great for any sport, whether they annoy fans or not. It generates a ton interest to see if someone can finally knock a team off the top spot, and creates a ton of people rooting against that dynasty.

I'm sure there were a ton of people cheering to see the Pats dynasty "over", just like everyone (except their own fan base) has been cheering for anybody except Bama lately. Same with Golden State Warriors, same with old school Yankees.

But there's no question, the Patriots have dominated the NFL for an unprecedented length of time, division aside.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

There, fixed it for you.  Basic math on the Patriots every year.  If they even lose half their division games, they go 10-6.  Lose all of them and they go 7-9.  I can play this game looking at every single year for the past 20 years with the Patriots.  When the Jets, Dolphins and Bills spent the last 20 years being the 3 worst teams in football, it diminishes everything that the Patriots have accomplished.  Put them in a division like the AFC North and they don't make the playoffs half of the years that they did.  And they certainly wouldn't get a 1 or 2 seed for the past 20 years.
Yeah, I get it, you play the hand that you are dealt, and New England was genius at exploiting the 3 worst franchises in NFL history over the last 20 years.  But frankly, the NFL should have stepped in 10 years ago with the competition committee and realigned the divisions, or changed the scheduling rotation or something, to make sure that no team can do what the Patriots have done.  Anyone who is honest will admit that what the Patriots have done for the past 20 years is not good for the league in general.  It's the same thing with Belichick taping opponents practices and other such nonsense.  If you have to cheat to win it diminishes your legacy and ultimately your place in the history of the sport.

The NFL has been consistent in their handling of the Patriots. Clear cut cheating on several occasions and the penalty is the equivalent of a slap on the wrist.

James Harrison’s legitimate allegations of them cheating in 2004 are a pillar of their spy gate drama. Headset issues in 2015. There are more and anyone who can access google can dig deeper.

They cheat. They’ve been caught cheating. They’re cheaters. I do not respect Belichick or Kraft.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV