TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

I am not a marketing guy but Andy Reid should not be the spokesman for any type of fitness equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a spokesman for Dunkin Donuts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 months later...

I’m thinking that trying to play football right now would be pretty stupid. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Going to be interesting. Seems like basketball or baseball (forget which) is already having issues with testing positive.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

39 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Going to be interesting. Seems like basketball or baseball (forget which) is already having issues with testing positive.....

I think they all are.  Even Hockey which has remained pretty quiet has had almost 30 players test positive.  

It's starting to look like the issue for these leagues is going to be having a full roster of eligible players, and that's not even talking about the issues if things continue to spike up.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Both although basketball far more so. The difference with baseball is that playing it in and of itself is a reasonably low risk for COVID spread.

Football? Huddles, hand to hand on every play, refs and coaching staffs in at risk categories? Take a step back and think it through. And Basketball isn’t much better.

Hockey is safer than both for COVID but still - it’s July - just pack it in and pick last season up in January with some sort of expanded playoff system.

I’m facing similar issues with Christmas Eve and some other big events still on the calendar this year. Normally a packed church I’m not seeing it. We are exploring doing some more outdoor services once the weather cools off in October.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 7/2/2020 at 7:47 AM, revkev said:

Both although basketball far more so. The difference with baseball is that playing it in and of itself is a reasonably low risk for COVID spread.

Football? Huddles, hand to hand on every play, refs and coaching staffs in at risk categories? Take a step back and think it through. And Basketball isn’t much better.

Hockey is safer than both for COVID but still - it’s July - just pack it in and pick last season up in January with some sort of expanded playoff system.

I’m facing similar issues with Christmas Eve and some other big events still on the calendar this year. Normally a packed church I’m not seeing it. We are exploring doing some more outdoor services once the weather cools off in October.

With a greatly reduced or no fans in the stadiums, huddling up could be adjusted.  There are way to work around it.  If any league has a way, it'll be the NFL.

Not the NFL I realize but I think the money, or more specifically the potential losses, is driving the decision on all stadium sport venues.  What is the magic formula, threshold for risk?  It will indeed be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-committee-recommends-six-week-calendar-to-start-2020-college-football-season-on-time/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I’m sorry guys - I’d love to see football but there is no adjustment to be made that minimizes the risk of a sport where guys are breathing heavy and constantly closer than 6 feet from each other.

The only way it’s safe is if players are willing to be isolated from their families, games are officiated electronically and coaches do so by zoom.

Will they try and find hire out a way? Of course, it’s a lot of lost revenue. But unless something radically changes with this pandemic I don’t see it happening.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m sorry guys - I’d love to see football but there is no adjustment to be made that minimizes the risk of a sport where guys are breathing heavy and constantly closer than 6 feet from each other.

The only way it’s safe is if players are willing to be isolated from their families, games are officiated electronically and coaches do so by zoom.

Will they try and find hire out a way? Of course, it’s a lot of lost revenue. But unless something radically changes with this pandemic I don’t see it happening.

I feel the same way about the NHL. As much as I love watching hockey I think it foolish to try to restart the season next month. Let’s reign in this epidemic before restarting professional contact sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I do not know what this coming season is going to look like for the teams OR the fans. I've mentioned before that I work at 3-4 Pats games every year as a "volunteer" pizza cook to help raise money for our town's music association. We normally send 12 people to every game to work, they're telling us to expect to send no more than 6-7 as they're figuring on a half-full stadium due to distancing... and that's even if they have fans at all. It's unfortunately a huge blow to us as a non-profit, the funds we get from working games in Foxboro make up over 1/3 of what we need to raise every year for our student musical groups and organizations. With no MLS games or concerts, and the aspect of potentially no fans (or football at all) it's going to hurt our kids a lot. Sadly so many other organizations are in the same boat due to everything that's going on. In the end though, health and safety have to come first. We can find other ways to raise funds. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Y’all better watch out cam newton and n’keal Harry going to be big names this year 

image.gif.2163db0906738707f57dc188faa0e441.gif*if they play*

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I am a Seahawks season ticket holder and if they have games this year, I don't feel comfortable going to a stadium packed with people given the Covid situation. They actually gave a great offer to season ticket holders. We can get a refund for this year and still be able to purchase our normal season tickets (same seats) next year. I hope all teams are offering something similar.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I am a Seahawks season ticket holder and if they have games this year, I don't feel comfortable going to a stadium packed with people given the Covid situation. They actually gave a great offer to season ticket holders. We can get a refund for this year and still be able to purchase our normal season tickets (same seats) next year. I hope all teams are offering something similar.

I’ve heard the Patriots are allowing their season ticket holders the same.

No stadiums will be packed; I’ve read on both ESPN and The Athletic that they’ll be max 25% capacity to allow for distancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Buddy who lives here in Villages has Atlanta Falcons tix and he took the deal to opt out of this year and resume 2021. Makes sense to me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Covid aside, it’s sounding more and more like the NFL will be another grand vehicle for politics. As a lifelong avid fan, this could be the year I #walkaway...

cant they just play football and leave the political BS out of it?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

13 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Covid aside, it’s sounding more and more like the NFL will be another grand vehicle for politics. As a lifelong avid fan, this could be the year I #walkaway...

I'm with you on this. Brand new stadium and city... and I'm losing interest after being a fan for 52 years. 

How about them Cowboys

giphy.gif

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok Boomer

I don't think you will have to worry about them being political while playing football this year cause odds are they won't be playing.

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

20 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

How about them Cowboys

giphy.gif

Also I am a cowboys fan who have not ever seen them be successful in the playoffs, I was born in Brazil and didn't start following football until the 2000s, So I picked my wife's team, was either them or my local team, the dreadful Lions.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Well this is unfortunate could have met a few folks! We have a Thursday morning round at a local course pretty much first tee time could have met some patriots folks! Work interference is the worst

F9F2F1AA-25A0-4FA3-9698-48DF7B3D3E31.png.aa24dc443a8ae16d90ad930098c427b8.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Well this is unfortunate could have met a few folks! We have a Thursday morning round at a local course pretty much first tee time could have met some patriots folks! Work interference is the worst
F9F2F1AA-25A0-4FA3-9698-48DF7B3D3E31.png.aa24dc443a8ae16d90ad930098c427b8.png

Franklin CC?
I’ve seen Boston sports players there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Franklin CC?
I’ve seen Boston sports players there.

Hopedale CC 9 holer....wish it was 18

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Hopedale CC 9 holer....wish it was 18

Don’t know Hopedale.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

Ok Boomer

I don't think you will have to worry about them being political while playing football this year cause odds are they won't be playing.

“Ok Boomer”

this always cracks me up. A statement usually made by a young ignorant person, but I know you don’t fit that bill, and hard to say if any sports will be played this year, right? Besides golf thank goodness!

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

“Ok Boomer”

this always cracks me up. A statement usually made by a young ignorant person, but I know you don’t fit that bill, and hard to say if any sports will be played this year, right? Besides golf thank goodness!

10-4 Dinosaur.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...

Can't wait for the Bears to begin the process of ripping my heart out again beginning today...... In that case.... BEAR DOWN

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

No idea what the Patriots are going to look like this year, but we're going to start seeing as of today. Always knew this day was going to come, and now that we're here, it's a little weird. 

42 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No idea what the Patriots are going to look like this year, but we're going to start seeing as of today. Always knew this day was going to come, and now that we're here, it's a little weird. 

On top of a weird situation with covid. Very odd this year without Tom. I did miss going to the mini scrimmages with my dad this year.

I have enjoyed the sports talk on 98.5 though been very good

heres the million dollar question this year though:

1026D60F-1553-45D6-A35A-3516A3678919.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Hawks won, too bad I didn't watch...