TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

2 on the Oline are up he’ll keep andrews and let thuney go. 
it’s not like bill has not spent before, Brady in the big dance is going to fuel that fire and he’s gonna make some moves but like @russtopherbsaid it’s going to hinge on what QB is caling the plays.

For sure the QB is everything now 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

11 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

For sure the QB is everything now 

There are SO many different ways this could work out for the Patriots. The next few months are going to be interesting. And a lot of it hinges on what happens with other teams/QBs. Do the 49ers make a move that results in Jimmy G being traded or cut, so the Pats can bring him back? Should be an easy re-acclimation into the offense, if he stays healthy. A solid O-line could be helpful there. A re-worked contract keeps enough money open for a solid WR target or two, or maybe Hunter Henry at TE. Draft someone like Jaylen Waddle, who's been linked to the Pats in a number of mock drafts, and all of a sudden the offense is back in play.

But then there's the draft itself - what happens with teams who might move up after moving a QB like the Texans or Lions? What do the Jets do with their pick and Darnold? A bunch of QBs being traded or released makes things crazy interesting. What happens in Chicago with Trubisky? Does he improve with better more consistent coaching on a team like New England? Or do the Pats go after a reclamation project like Minshew for the same reasons, and improve at other positions with that cap space?

I know a lot of folks are high on Mac Jones because he reminds everyone of a young Brady - calm under pressure, intelligent, no mobility. Is he worth a 1st round pick, can he be a franchise QB? Maybe... maybe not. But having a QB on a rookie contract gives the Pats way more room to sign solid players to surround him and make him a lot more successful.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

What-cha-ma-jerky from ESPN says, in his mock draft 1.0, that the Lions will take Justin Fields at 7... I hope he’s wrong. 
My Lions just need to trade Stafford for the max number of picks possible since they only have 5 picks this year to start with, and there are holes all OVER the place. Thanks “QuinnTricia” for sinking the franchise lower with all of your “Patriot Ways”....

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.

With that kind of precedent can you imagine what the Texans are going to get for Deshaun Watson?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 hour ago, TBT said:

With that kind of precedent can you imagine what the Texans are going to get for Deshaun Watson?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Honestly I can't believe they gave up so much for a side grade. Goof sucks but Stafford is a shell of his former self, and in my opinion was carried by Megatron. The Rams give up first rounders like the Knicks do, crazy. We'll (Lions) probably draft another running back or a tight end, lol.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

After watching the Eagles coaches presser I am sorry they didn't hire Bieniemy or Leftwich.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Thinking that this trade is a HOME RUN or an ACE in golf terms for the Lions.

As a lifelong Detroit area resident, it has been far too long that this franchise operated without a "real" football minded front office, and with the diverse group they have put into place since the firing of the failed "Patriot's Way" regime, actually gives me hope that they have an actual plan in place to make this franchise a relevant football organization in the next 3 - 5 years.

Stafford going to the Rams will allow them to be better than they were with Goff, he never had enough talent around him here in all aspects of the game to be part of a "complete team" in the past. To me it seems that the Rams went with a win now mindset as they do have a great defense, and have enough talent on the offense to compliment Stafford's arrival.

The Rams eventually will end up paying a price for lack of draft choices going forward, but they seemed to have managed to stay relevant as a good team the last 4 years without a first round pick.

Personally, I hope it works out for both organizations going forward.

Uncertain if Watson gets moved? He is under contract, and thinking that the only team with enough capital and cap space would be the Jets, and that team needs more than a QB to be considered a good team at this time.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 8/24/2018 at 4:56 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

I totally agree, Rev.

In New England, they can't get forty kids to field a team.  Schools have had to drop their freshman and JV programs, and the varsity programs could come next.  Parents are simply not letting their kids play.

It seems to fall on socio-political lines.  Football still flourishes in parts of the nation with different views than ours on other things as well.  Just an observation.

Fortunately for me, I'm not a football fan.  I'm a Patriots fan. 

When the Brady / Belichick era is officially over, the Red Sox and boxing will be my complete sports-watching experience,

😂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 1 month later...

This has to be an early April Fool's joke.... it just has to be.

image.png.7d88acae10333e88ae704dafd50afa30.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

This has to be an early April Fool's joke.... it just has to be.
image.png.7d88acae10333e88ae704dafd50afa30.png

Well, looks like I’m golfing on Sunday’s well into the fall!

The Pats were nearly unwatchable last year. Hopefully they know something we don’t, because that offense was putrid.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Y'all realize a one year incentive laden deal makes it very easy to cut him, right?

Could be they trade up in the 1st for Trey Lance and he watches & learns then takes over. 

Y'all realize a one year incentive laden deal makes it very easy to cut him, right?
Could be they trade up in the 1st for Trey Lance and he watches & learns then takes over. 

But the fact they they even signed him shows they’re still interested in him... which they shouldn’t be. Dude can’t throw anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

But the fact they they even signed him shows they’re still interested in him... which they shouldn’t be. Dude can’t throw anymore.

Yeah no kidding. But you still need a vet there if you're going to draft a QB high. Would you rather Hoyer be that guy? I don't think so. Plus as FA opens, if there's literally *no* QB option in place, what WR or TE is going to want to sign in NE? 

Yeah no kidding. But you still need a vet there if you're going to draft a QB high. Would you rather Hoyer be that guy? I don't think so. Plus as FA opens, if there's literally *no* QB option in place, what WR or TE is going to want to sign in NE? 

Hoyer isn’t a bad coach. But I understand what you’re saying. I’m just not sure Newton has the pull he used to for those guys anyway.

I pray they have other plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am fine with it as long as he is a place holder. Could he have been hurting still?, possibly....

I just hope hes a place holder lol.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I am fine with it as long as he is a place holder. Could he have been hurting still?, possibly....

I just hope hes a place holder lol.

Once the contract details come out, everyone will have a better idea. Heavy on incentives? He's there to either mentor or be cut when the timing is right. If there's a bunch guaranteed.... ehhhhhhh. Either way with all the cap space they have, they can add another QB either through the draft or via trade. If Jimmy G is still their Plan A and they're dead set on him, odds are the 49ers won't be able to trade for Darnold (who they supposedly want) until close to the draft. And since they can't bring Darnold in until then, they won't deal Jimmy G until they have that deal finalized. Just tossing stuff I've seen rumoured out there, I don't think anyone is expecting Cam to start 16 games this season. 

At least I hope not....

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Once the contract details come out, everyone will have a better idea. Heavy on incentives? He's there to either mentor or be cut when the timing is right. If there's a bunch guaranteed.... ehhhhhhh. Either way with all the cap space they have, they can add another QB either through the draft or via trade. If Jimmy G is still their Plan A and they're dead set on him, odds are the 49ers won't be able to trade for Darnold (who they supposedly want) until close to the draft. And since they can't bring Darnold in until then, they won't deal Jimmy G until they have that deal finalized. Just tossing stuff I've seen rumoured out there, I don't think anyone is expecting Cam to start 16 games this season. 

At least I hope not....

Never know with Bill. I never thought he would wave bye to TB either lol, or not start your #1 corner in a superbowl so I am skeptical at best

I am still trying to figure out what happened after he had COVID week 3 or whatever it was. Did the defense really figure him out or was COVID a factor and really put a damper on his progress? 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

14 million for 1 year.... good grief. what a waste.

he's a one dimensional player. would have rather signed another offensive lineman for that price.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Never know with Bill. I never thought he would wave bye to TB either lol, or not start your #1 corner in a superbowl so I am skeptical at best

I am still trying to figure out what happened after he had COVID week 3 or whatever it was. Did the defense really figure him out or was COVID a factor and really put a damper on his progress? 

Mike Giardi is reporting that this deal is HEAVY on incentives, and it's structured in a way that makes it very easy for the Pats to bring in another QB.

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I don’t think Covid has anything to do with his throwing motion. 

Just now, B.Boston said:

Yeah his shoulder is nowhere close to what it used to be. Way too many balls hitting the turf 5 yards short last season.

Still - if this means there's a plan in place to move up to like, let's say the top 7 and grab Lance and give him an older version of himself as his mentor under Josh and BB, I'm 100% fine with it. 

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Never been a good thrower in that aspect, but it could have messed with his whole game. He could barely run, first couple weeks it was decent and looked okay in the pocket. After that is was 💩 top to bottom

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Well, looks like I’m golfing on Sunday’s well into the fall!

The Pats were nearly unwatchable last year. Hopefully they know something we don’t, because that offense was putrid.

Maybe the tee times will be a bit more available at 1pm and 4pm so we can get out there and listen to them suck on the radio instead of wasting 3 hours of our Sunday’s...

8 minutes ago, Stankycheese said:

Maybe the tee times will be a bit more available at 1pm and 4pm so we can get out there and listen to them suck on the radio instead of wasting 3 hours of our Sunday’s...

Sounds good to me! Haha

Per Mike Garafolo, here's the breakdown on Newton's contract:

$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses

The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.

That's barely backup money. Easy to cut or absorb if he's on the bench while mentoring a young QB from the draft. Lots of ado about nothing.

I also think Newton is still a fine starting QB. He just needs help on offense. He had literally no one to throw to last year and he accounted for 40% of NE's total touchdowns on offense last year, which was most in the league by a significant margin.

NE needs to draft well and use the most cap space in the league to bring in some actual weapons on offense for Newton to throw to and they'll definitely be better than 7-9.

Per Mike Garafolo, here's the breakdown on Newton's contract:
$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses
The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.
That's barely backup money. Easy to cut or absorb if he's on the bench while mentoring a young QB from the draft. Lots of ado about nothing.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Bills fan here...Another season of Cam Newton?

26jm38.jpg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/