TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Dude bet on his team to WIN...I mean...what in the world?

Maybe if he was beating up his girlfriend while placing the bet he would have earned 3 games instead of a season...

I don’t know why I said Calvin Ridley I meant Calvin Johnson 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 hours ago, bens197 said:

Dude bet on his team to WIN...I mean...what in the world?

Maybe if he was beating up his girlfriend while placing the bet he would have earned 3 games instead of a season...

No doubt..

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I don’t know why I said Calvin Ridley I meant Calvin Johnson 🤦‍♂️

Is that megaton?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

16 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

No doubt..

Is that megaton?

Calvin Johnson=Megatron yes

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Calvin Johnson=Megatron yes

Sigh. I am a Lions fan in addition to a Dolphins fan. The Lions reign supreme in wasting talent so badly that amazing players retire while still in their prime (Megatron, Barry Sanders, etc.) or win Super Bowls immediately after leaving (Stafford).

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

I am a diehard Seattle Sports fan. But before I had the seahawks I was a Steelers fan, No Judgement, it was before.. Seattle has a long time Standing Joke, that Seattle is the best farm system in all leagues.. hahaha.. DK is a beast, When he ran down Budda Baker to save a touchdown, that was insane.. I think Geno is all but done, and Drew Lock will be a so-so at best fill in until next years draft then we can only HOPE we hit on the next Russell Wilson.. There has been Plenty of talk on Seattle sports radio that Russ has been acting like a Diva if he didn't get his way for several years now. And that the Team is more of a team this training camp than anytime in the last 10 years.. Lets hope they can at the very least play football thats worth watching.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

5 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I am a diehard Seattle Sports fan. But before I had the seahawks I was a Steelers fan, No Judgement, it was before.. Seattle has a long time Standing Joke, that Seattle is the best farm system in all leagues.. hahaha.. DK is a beast, When he ran down Budda Baker to save a touchdown, that was insane.. I think Geno is all but done, and Drew Lock will be a so-so at best fill in until next years draft then we can only HOPE we hit on the next Russell Wilson.. There has been Plenty of talk on Seattle sports radio that Russ has been acting like a Diva if he didn't get his way for several years now. And that the Team is more of a team this training camp than anytime in the last 10 years.. Lets hope they can at the very least play football thats worth watching.. 

What’s the talk up in Seattle? Is there thinking that Garoppolo will eventually join the Seahawks?

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

9 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I’m actually hoping Drew Lock will pan out. I mean the guy has skills, but is he just too unaware? Hoping the few years will click for him.

Geno on the other hand, can’t seem to get the look of never ending confusion off his face. Another guy with some skills, but he never “got it”, and after 10 years, his ship has sailed. Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if he got cut.

20 hours ago, berkeleybob said:

What’s the talk up in Seattle? Is there thinking that Garoppolo will eventually join the Seahawks?

there is some talk but mostly it is widely thought He'll go somewhere else. Maybe if they got him cheap enough they might take a shot, but not at current salary.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m actually hoping Drew Lock will pan out. I mean the guy has skills, but is he just too unaware? Hoping the few years will click for him.

Geno on the other hand, can’t seem to get the look of never ending confusion off his face. Another guy with some skills, but he never “got it”, and after 10 years, his ship has sailed. Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if he got cut.

I agree, I think Drew Can do well if they actually give it to him.. Geno is WAY to scared while in the pocket, bails out way to fast. Like he watched Russ to many times bail and make things happen, problem is Geno is not Russ. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:44 PM, MadMex said:

As a long time REDSKIN fan, I have no team thinking of maybe becoming a Ram Fan,,,, no way would I be a “Commanders” fan,,,, HTTR ! 

By the way, I moved 5 miles from a Apache reservation, one of the first gentlemen I became friends with is a die hard ‘Skins fan AND full blooded Apache,,,,,, he’s in the same boat!

I understand exactly. I'm a long time Indians fan, and no way I will root for the Guardians. What a stupid name.... and all the history gone.

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I understand exactly. I'm a long time Indians fan, and no way I will root for the Guardians. What a stupid name.... and all the history gone.

🙄They should have never stopped being the Blues. Sold out after their first season, changed the name and completely lost me. No wonder they can't win the series.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

8 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

🙄They should have never stopped being the Blues. Sold out after their first season, changed the name and completely lost me. No wonder they can't win the series.

Most of us thought they would go back to "Spiders", and that isn't a great name either, but it sure beats being named after statues on the Hope Memorial Bridge...lol.

The sad part is that I have talked with many people that have a high percentage of Native American blood in them... some have/had parents/grand parents that are full Native American, and none of them had a problem at all with the name or Wahoo as the logo. But, that seems to be world today.......

I seem to have taken the topic off of the NFL...lol. So... my police officer neighbor is a huge Redskins fan. He flies his blue stripe American flag with his Redskins flag under it. He wears all his Redskins gear all football season. He says there is no way he will ever call them the Commanders.... They are the Redskins forever!...lol. His boys all sport Redskins gear as well. Fortunately, I will never have to worry about my football team changing names...lol.

Edited by silver & black

I am not going to talk about the idiot punter from Buffalo.

Instead...I thought it was so cool to see 3rd string Matt Barkley step in (literally) and pin the Carolina offense after a 53 yard punt last night.

I love watching him play on this team...he knows his role and is such a good teammate.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Pete Carroll announces Geno Smith as starter for game 1, against the broncos, thus sealing the number 1 draft selection for the 2023 draft.

On 8/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Pete Carroll announces Geno Smith as starter for game 1, against the broncos, thus sealing the number 1 draft selection for the 2023 draft.

I think the Bears might want to give you a run for that pick.  LOL

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Man, I can hardly wait for this season to start.

anyone see any first week upsets, besides the Hawks taking out the Broncos?  🤠 Let’s Ride!!

On 8/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, Sluggo42 said:

... The Bears went though 51 starting QB's since Favre and Rogers started in GB so I feel your pain. Trying to get journeymen QBs to fill a franchise needed position is going to be brutal coming from Wilson playing at such a high level for so many years. But again as a Bears fan they are looking better than most have predicted since they are going through a rebuild and thankfully Seattle stops them from being ranked last in pre season polls. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... The Bears went though 51 starting QB's since Favre and Rogers started in GB so I feel your pain. Trying to get journeymen QBs to fill a franchise needed position is going to be brutal coming from Wilson playing at such a high level for so many years. But again as a Bears fan they are looking better than most have predicted since they are going through a rebuild and thankfully Seattle stops them from being ranked last in pre season polls. 🤪

Sorry Sam, neither of us are last!

2EB4F88F-0E71-4410-BAD0-BBA4B02992FB.png.4549c9b206f11b03161a702291168aab.png

But then again, it depends what you read…

029A3506-B006-4F96-BB05-5296E8F3502E.png

3 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sorry Sam, neither of us are last!

... Haha they change so fast. Perhaps we will both be surprised by how well our teams do this year. 

3 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

But then again, it depends what you read…

029A3506-B006-4F96-BB05-5296E8F3502E.png

... It is always interesting reading prognosticators that have to rate every team and sooooo much they don't see or know. When you are only watching your team there is so much more information both in print and what you see with your own eyes. A WR getting open against a 2nd or 3rd team D is offset by running great routes and making difficult catches. Read comments and it seems like the Bears have receivers that may not start on a good high school team, but watch all of preseason and you see talent and hope from both rookies and those that didn't work out someplace else. Doesn't elevate them to a contender but the Brady rule after being selected in the 7th round is always possible and they may be competent NFL WR's. 

... We won't know anything about transitional teams til the halfway mark but I love this time of year when anything is possible.

Exactly- the common theme is we have no QB, or OLine. But see we drafted 2 of the best, one for each side. And I’ve been watching preseason games closely, and thes 2 kids are gunna be insane, as will out entire oLine. Might not happen game 1, but they’ll certainly get better each week. Plus we can run the ball. It’s not as important to have the best QB, when he just hands it to Penny. And Geno is actually a little better than they say… 

im more afraid that we will be better than expected and mess up the draft pick

T minus 3 days… 🙂

3BEDD933-5B7C-4A4F-A44C-6B87EC4A74B3.png

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

T minus 3 days… 🙂

3BEDD933-5B7C-4A4F-A44C-6B87EC4A74B3.png

... I would MUCH rather be a Bears fan. If they win 8 games this year I will be ecstatic. You otoh will be disappointed if the Bills don't win the SB. 🤪  

20 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I would MUCH rather be a Bears fan. If they win 8 games this year I will be ecstatic. You otoh will be disappointed if the Bills don't win the SB. 🤪  

Haha no kidding, but I don’t wanna win 8, and let’s be honest here… for either of us to win more than 4 is gunna be a miracle 

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

The expectations are high and the core group of players have done a fantastic job recruiting the correct kind of free agents.

A lot of people leaning on LA defending, TB always a threat and Aaron the playoff choke artist Rodgers are always favorites.

My sleeper team is Indy.  Don’t ever count Frank Reich out.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

4 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Haha no kidding, but I don’t wanna win 8, and let’s be honest here… for either of us to win more than 4 is gunna be a miracle 

... I'm predicting 6 wins for the Bears which puts me .5 below my season bet of the over on 6.5 wins. I made the bet before they backed up the bus and unloaded Mack, Hicks and Robinson. 

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

The expectations are high and the core group of players have done a fantastic job recruiting the correct kind of free agents.

A lot of people leaning on LA defending, TB always a threat and Aaron the playoff choke artist Rodgers are always favorites.

Indi, Oakland and Jacksonville. Jacksonville as a long shot but they SHOULD be able to be very good.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

... I think Ryan in place of Wentz is huge for Reich and agree they are now a sleeper.