TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the things I find interesting about fans and even more so reporters, is giving past attributes to a current team and comparing them to previous seasons. As a Bears fan it is almost a prerequisite for many. "The Bears always __________" simply does not apply to a new coaching staff and a roster with well over 60% new players. Many of those players were not even alive when "The Bears always _________". Can't score in the red zone with Nagy and Trubisky has zero to do with Fields and Eberflus. I think this is what makes the beginning of a season so much fun. Finding out what this years team is all about. We have already seen some big upsets so in the next several weeks we will find out who is the real deal and who just had a really off/on week. 

Soooooo True!

1/2 the Hawks OLine is rookies or 2ond year guys, our corners are rooks, and Geno! Haha

plus a new defensive coordinator and a one year in offensive coordinator-

my season is already a success no matter what happens, because we beat Russell Wilson, haha

now don’t get me wrong, our chances of a good season are low. But, if we show growth from the kids and get a decent draft, we could have a great next decade. Plus I’ve got the Mariners tearing it up too, so I’m kind of in a great place sports wise…

gitterdun!!!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

1/2 the Hawks OLine is rookies or 2ond year guys

... Not sure I have ever seen any team start a season with rookies at both left and right tackle. And all things considered they did a great job. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Big week for the Browns. Finally draft a kicker that can absolutely boot the ball and it wins us the game! Defense and offense both tried to cough the game up in the second half after playing fantastic in the first. Just need to convert touchdowns vs field goals. The 2 headed monster of hunt and Chubb are well rested from last year and ready to roll!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

11 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Finally draft a kicker that can absolutely boot the ball and it wins us the game!

... In the pre season game against the Bears York hit a few that would have been good from 65yds or longer. He is a real weapon. 

55 minutes ago, chisag said:

... In the pre season game against the Bears York hit a few that would have been good from 65yds or longer. He is a real weapon. 

Their are rumors that in pregame he has lengthened it to 70 yards in the pre season 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Ok, ok, I’ve finally come down from the Bronco win, and able to put it more into perspective. We basically got outgained 2-1, and won by one after a really poor decision of not let your billion dollar QB try to get 5 yards, which they had been doing all night. We didn’t score in the second half and Geno got like 31 yards. Nobody could get open, and we couldn’t run to much either. 
so it might just be that one victory we all wanted so badly, and we get mauled by SF next week… orrrrr, they watch a lotta film and see why we stunk in the second half, maybe Geno has a good 2 half’s, and maybe we beat the 9’ers again. 
I think Chisag said it pretty well that drafting a QB first is a ver iffy proposition and many times a later pick becomes great. So I’m abandoning my “suck for Luck” platform, and now want to win every game again. So I will not be upset if we do suck, but will instead just give a nod to reality. But it’s just too hard to not cheer for your team no matter what!

12 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

We didn’t score in the second half and Geno got like 31 yards. Nobody could get open, and we couldn’t run to much either. 
so it might just be that one victory we all wanted so badly, and we get mauled by SF next week… orrrrr, they watch a lotta film and see why we stunk in the second half, maybe Geno has a good 2 half’s, and maybe we beat the 9’ers again. 
I think Chisag said it pretty well that drafting a QB first is a ver iffy proposition and many times a later pick becomes great. So I’m abandoning my “suck for Luck” platform, and now want to win every game again. So I will not be upset if we do suck, but will instead just give a nod to reality. But it’s just too hard to not cheer for your team no matter what!

... Well I applaud your change of heart and agree it is too hard not to cheer for your team no matter what. That is what it means to be a fan. That said putting all your eggs in one QB basket that has been on 4 different teams is a tough road. The Bears tried so many times to find that QB through trades and poor drafts and it is sooooo rare to find a near franchise QB that has played for more than 1 team. I think in todays NFL your QB has to have the ability to basically win the game on their own in the 4th qt when everyone knows they have to throw. Perfect example is Rogers that can fit the ball in a 2 foot window from 45 yds and win the game when the coverage is excellent. I know, few and far between but the teams that have that guy like the Chiefs, Chargers, Bucs, Bills, Bronco's and Packers are always in it til the last whistle. Obviously you know what that is like having Wilson that seemed like forever, so I think there may be an adjustment for your emotions this season.  

Ok all you weekend prognosticators- week 2 is on the slate, and the Hawks play the 49’ers in Santa Clara, and rain is expected. Against the broncos and RW, the perfect storm happened and we killed em by 1.

im afraid the 49’s aren’t going to be in a giving mood, and it could be a learning experience for our rookie tackles. It will also be our rookie RB Kenneth Walkers first pro action. 
the Hawks have owned the miners for years for some reason, but they are 9 point dawgs this week and I’m not sure they’re ready for a really good defense and Debo Samuel. But conversely, they’ll be playing trey Lance who struggled mightily last week in the rain. I would take the Hawks and the points, but the pick em league doesn’t use spreads..

oh, and about last nights game, I think the chargers gave it away with the 14 point swing on the pic 6. KC was a lucky winner, but, I bet on them so all is good. But it just shows how one stinking play can completely alter the outcome…

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok all you weekend prognosticators- week 2 is on the slate, and the Hawks play the 49’ers in Santa Clara, and rain is expected. Against the broncos and RW, the perfect storm happened and we killed em by 1.

... As far as betting goes, I HATE week 2 in the NFL. Bears beat the 49ers. Vikings embarrassed the Packers. Hawks clawed out a win vs the Broncos. So do the Packers bounce back against the Bears? Do the 49ers bounce back against the Hawks? Do the Vikings come back to earth against the Eagles? Do the Bronco's take out their frustration on the Texans or do the Texans play for another tie? All good questions with no good answers. That said, I did take the Bears and 10 points. 🤪

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... As far as betting goes, I HATE week 2 in the NFL. Bears beat the 49ers. Vikings embarrassed the Packers. Hawks clawed out a win vs the Broncos. So do the Packers bounce back against the Bears? Do the 49ers bounce back against the Hawks? Do the Vikings come back to earth against the Eagles? Do the Bronco's take out their frustration on the Texans or do the Texans play for another tie? All good questions with no good answers. That said, I did take the Bears and 10 points. 🤪

Exactly, I’m taking Hawks plus 9, but in the straight up pickem, gotta go with the 9’ers

On 9/17/2022 at 10:14 AM, Sluggo42 said:

Exactly, I’m taking Hawks plus 9, but in the straight up pickem, gotta go with the 9’ers

... Well, week 1 was fun for both of us but:

FFED74AB-4149-4781-B316-021B2AF7B464.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

FFED74AB-4149-4781-B316-021B2AF7B464.jpeg

That’s enough from you this year…..that game was a damn clinic though Jease Louis 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

That’s enough from you this year…..that game was a damn clinic though Jease Louis 

Hahaha. Reminiscent of the 2007 Pats. 

Last night was bonkers. 

16217026-3B01-4E47-A482-467189CAD53A.png

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

32 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Hahaha. Reminiscent of the 2007 Pats. 

Last night was bonkers. 

16217026-3B01-4E47-A482-467189CAD53A.png

Healthy is key at this point, talent and coaching is clearly there.

07’ patriots…..what could have been

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Healthy is key at this point, talent and coaching is clearly there.

07’ patriots…..what could have been

I can still hear Keith Brooking crying about BB going for 2 while up by 100 against Dallas that year.

Well Keith…don’t like it?  Stop them…you’re a professional.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

11 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I can still hear Keith Brooking crying about BB going for 2 while up by 100 against Dallas that year.

Words to live by I say, put up or shut up....going to be a tough pill to swallow trying to follow that with the patriots...

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

... Recreational leagues, high school and even colleges can display some sportsmanship and not run up the score. Although once you put in 2nd or 3rd team players you can't ask them to not play at 100%. Blame the "warm up" games big schools schedule against weak opponents. But the NFL is a business and as you said these are professionals and you never want to take your foot off the gas. Sure you can run more with a 35 point lead late in the 4th qt although not a prerequisite but never slow down or take it easy on an opponent. 

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Recreational leagues, high school and even colleges can display some sportsmanship and not run up the score. Although once you put in 2nd or 3rd team players you canner ask them to not play at 100%. Blame the "warm up" games big schools schedule against weak opponents. But the NFL is a business and as you said these are professionals and you never want to take your foot off the gas. Sure you can run more with a 35 point lead in the 4th qt although not a prerequisite but never slow down or take it easy on an opponent. 

Browns Jets last week is a perfect example.  Never underestimate your opponent.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

So, as a die hard Raiders fan....... I have tried for many years to give Derek Carr the benefit of the doubt. There is absolutely no excuse for blowing a 20 point lead. He has arguably THE best WR in the game.... his buddy, no less. A top 3 TE and numerous other quality weapons at his disposal. I can no longer support him. He's a loser. He can not rally his steam. He shrinks under pressure. It's time to bench his a$$ and let another QB (Stidham) get a shot. Cut him loose next season and start over. I'm not at all impressed with McDaniels either.

Edited by silver & black

25 minutes ago, silver & black said:

So, as a die hard Raiders fan....... I have tried for many years to give Derek Carr the benefit of the doubt. There is absolutely no excuse for blowing a 20 point lead. He has arguably THE best WR in the game.... his buddy, no less. A top 3 TE and numerous other quality weapons at his disposal. I can no longer support him. He's a loser. He can not rally his steam. He shrinks under pressure. It's time to bench his a$$ and let another QB (Stidham) get a shot. Cut him loose next season and start over. I'm not at all impressed with McDaniels either.

Seems to me that the defense should get most of the blame.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

... Tough situation to be in. You have a handful of franchise QB's then about 5 more that are almost franchise but can't seem to make it over that last hurdle. Carr and Cousins come to mind. The rest of the league struggles to find even a serviceable QB. The Bears have had 51 starters since the SB win while GB had Favre and Rogers. Most teams would be happy to have Carr until their team is good enough to win or at least compete for a SB and then that 2nd tier QB just isn't enough. That said, I am with you on McDaniels. 

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... Tough situation to be in. You have a handful of franchise QB's then about 5 more that are almost franchise but can't seem to make it over that last hurdle. Carr and Cousins come to mind. The rest of the league struggles to find even a serviceable QB. The Bears have had 51 starters since the SB win while GB had Favre and Rogers. Most teams would be happy to have Carr until their team is good enough to win or at least compete for a SB and then that 2nd tier QB just isn't enough. That said, I am with you on McDaniels. 

Derek Carr will be your Phillip Rivers.  Good enough to get you to 12-5 but don't get your hopes up on making it far in the playoffs.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

11 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Derek Carr will be your Phillip Rivers.  Good enough to get you to 12-5 but don't get your hopes up on making it far in the playoffs.  

... Yup, that's why I said a tough situation. Finding a better QB than Carr is really very difficult but sticking with him won't get you far. Again watching 51 starters in Chicago most fans would LOVE to have Carr, but after 3 or so seasons they would be screaming for his replacement. I think many fans just don't understand how difficult it is to play let alone excel as a QB in the NFL. 

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yup, that's why I said a tough situation. Finding a better QB than Carr is really very difficult but sticking with him won't get you far. Again watching 51 starters in Chicago most fans would LOVE to have Carr, but after 3 or so seasons they would be screaming for his replacement. I think many fans just don't understand how difficult it is to play let alone excel as a QB in the NFL. 

Joe Namath was a member at the club where I worked in Florida.  We played several rounds together during the football off season and would naturally, talk football.

This was at the time when Buffalo was living with JP Losman and Trent Edwards.  Noticeably frustrated he said the same thing you mentioned Sam, that finding an elite QB was incredibly difficult.  

This was 2004-2006 when it was Brady and Manning and Big Ben as the elites.

The next tier of Eli, Palmer and McNabb were still great but not great enough where they wouldn't get the business from their fans every Monday morning.

32 teams and 10% have elite QB's.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

11 hours ago, bens197 said:

Trent Dilfer was the starting QB on a Superbowl winning team.  It is possible to build a SB winner with an elite defense but then your QB has to be smart enough that he can't lose it for you.  (see Denver in 2015 with Manning at QB)  I think the farther from elite that your defense is means your QB has to make up that difference.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Trent Dilfer was the starting QB on a Superbowl winning team.  It is possible to build a SB winner with an elite defense but then your QB has to be smart enough that he can't lose it for you.  (see Denver in 2015 with Manning at QB)  I think the farther from elite that your defense is means your QB has to make up that difference.

I think that works in the past, but recently I think Stafford is about as weak as you can get a QB. Just can't shut down an offense like you used to with the rules enforced how they are now. It might still happen occasionally but much less frequently than in the past.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

28 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I am inclined to agree.  It did help that Kerry Collins was the opposing QB.  @ejgaudetteis also correct that you still need an intelligent and capable QB.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

... 85 Bears could have won with me at QB  🤣  with that suffocating defense. But as others have said the rules have changed to favor the offense. Emphisis this season on illegal contact after 5 yards and we have seen it called much more than in the past. The powers that be want offense and scoring to dominate so the QB becomes even more important now.