NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

9 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Beating the 49ers is the first phase. The Seahawks would need to beat the Broncos to equal that. 

... We also predicted that the Power Rankings might be over estimating the top teams.  2) Rams, 3) 49ers, 5) Bengals 6) Packers all lost this week. So Denver at #8 seems like they could easily join the losers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... We also predicted that the Power Rankings might be over estimating the top teams.  2) Rams, 3) 49ers, 5) Bengals 6) Packers all lost this week. So Denver at #8 seems like they could easily join the losers. 

I actually want us to “suck for Levis”, but if we can win one game, this would be the one… I actually want Denver to have a terrible year too, as we have their first and second picks.

i watched a few of the top 5 QB draft possibilities and really like this class. I just don’t want Bryce Young, oddly enough to because the guy is so pure. But he is also 5-10 and 180 soaking wet. One nfl hit and the kid will be squished, and I also don’t want another midget…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

17 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I actually want us to “suck for Levis”, but if we can win one game, this would be the one… I actually want Denver to have a terrible year too, as we have their first and second picks.

i watched a few of the top 5 QB draft possibilities and really like this class. I just don’t want Bryce Young, oddly enough to because the guy is so pure. But he is also 5-10 and 180 soaking wet. One nfl hit and the kid will be squished, and I also don’t want another midget…

... Probably the toughest thing in all of sports is predicting how a college QB will perform in the NFL. Most scouts had Trubisky rated ahead of Mahomes. 🤪 I have just seen too many QBs taken in the top 10 of the first round and not just fail but fail miserably. I stopped predicting with Blaine Gabbert. Tall, mobile enough, super fast release, quick decisions, crazy accurate and a can't miss prospect. Granted his first year he was hit more than Ali in his entire boxing career but he never came close to his college potential. And of course Brady went in the 7th round. But ya still have to take a shot at a QB when ya get the chance. Something I know as a Bears fan. Since Favre and Rogers have started in GB the Bears have gone through 51 starting QB's. 51!!! I would make the argument out of those 51 only Cutler was an elite NFL QB. And at least so far, Fields holds the ball longer than Furyk takes to line up a putt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How about a TD for Geno on the opening drive!!

Lets Ride!!

• Like 1

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Hawks win!

with lots of room to grow. Well at this rate we won’t be getting the first pick

• Like 4

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Hawks win!

with lots of room to grow. Well at this rate we won’t be getting the first pick

Our course is closed until Wednesday for aeration, but the couple we played with last Saturday have matching Bronco cart bags.  I'll have to have a little chat with them.  BTW, he was't happy that Wilson went to Denver anyway!!  🤣

• Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 9/5/2022 at 7:46 PM, bens197 said:

My sleeper team is Indy.  Don’t ever count Frank Reich out.

I hope Matt Ryan does well.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG Gen5 0311 XF

Fairway Woods: PXG Gen 5 0311 XF 4 & 7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 & 25

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R

On 9/11/2022 at 8:20 PM, GaDawg said:

Not a huge Falcons fan, but they did their usual. 16 point lead and lost!

I’m a big Falcons fan and I had season tickets for years. The did better against the Saints than I expected, but the result wasn’t a surprise. I can’t imagine wasting a lot of time on the games this year.

Like my old boss used to say ,“the Falcons managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.”

• Like 1

Driver: PXG Gen5 0311 XF

Fairway Woods: PXG Gen 5 0311 XF 4 & 7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 & 25

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R

First off:  GO BILLS!  As one of the Southernmost Bills Fan (living in enemy territory in the Florida Keys), I'm hoping this is the year!

Second, this has been a strange start to the NFL year.  I'm in a last person standing pool with twenty other participants.  After the dust settled on Sunday's week one games there was only six people left!  Half the field took Indy (you have to win, so a tie is a loss) and the Bengals.  Throw in the Packers, Tennessee and Carolina losses and three-quarters of the players are gone.  The good news is that if the loosing continues, we'll have time to run another pool!

• Like 1
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Mizuno GT180 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  Evnroll ER10 Outback

... One of the things I find interesting about fans and even more so reporters, is giving past attributes to a current team and comparing them to previous seasons. As a Bears fan it is almost a prerequisite for many. "The Bears always __________" simply does not apply to a new coaching staff and a roster with well over 60% new players. Many of those players were not even alive when "The Bears always _________". Can't score in the red zone with Nagy and Trubisky has zero to do with Fields and Eberflus. I think this is what makes the beginning of a season so much fun. Finding out what this years team is all about. We have already seen some big upsets so in the next several weeks we will find out who is the real deal and who just had a really off/on week. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the things I find interesting about fans and even more so reporters, is giving past attributes to a current team and comparing them to previous seasons. As a Bears fan it is almost a prerequisite for many. "The Bears always __________" simply does not apply to a new coaching staff and a roster with well over 60% new players. Many of those players were not even alive when "The Bears always _________". Can't score in the red zone with Nagy and Trubisky has zero to do with Fields and Eberflus. I think this is what makes the beginning of a season so much fun. Finding out what this years team is all about. We have already seen some big upsets so in the next several weeks we will find out who is the real deal and who just had a really off/on week. 

Soooooo True!

1/2 the Hawks OLine is rookies or 2ond year guys, our corners are rooks, and Geno! Haha

plus a new defensive coordinator and a one year in offensive coordinator-

my season is already a success no matter what happens, because we beat Russell Wilson, haha

now don’t get me wrong, our chances of a good season are low. But, if we show growth from the kids and get a decent draft, we could have a great next decade. Plus I’ve got the Mariners tearing it up too, so I’m kind of in a great place sports wise…

gitterdun!!!

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

1/2 the Hawks OLine is rookies or 2ond year guys

... Not sure I have ever seen any team start a season with rookies at both left and right tackle. And all things considered they did a great job. 

• Like 1

Big week for the Browns. Finally draft a kicker that can absolutely boot the ball and it wins us the game! Defense and offense both tried to cough the game up in the second half after playing fantastic in the first. Just need to convert touchdowns vs field goals. The 2 headed monster of hunt and Chubb are well rested from last year and ready to roll!

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

11 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Finally draft a kicker that can absolutely boot the ball and it wins us the game!

... In the pre season game against the Bears York hit a few that would have been good from 65yds or longer. He is a real weapon. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chisag said:

... In the pre season game against the Bears York hit a few that would have been good from 65yds or longer. He is a real weapon. 

Their are rumors that in pregame he has lengthened it to 70 yards in the pre season 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Ok, ok, I’ve finally come down from the Bronco win, and able to put it more into perspective. We basically got outgained 2-1, and won by one after a really poor decision of not let your billion dollar QB try to get 5 yards, which they had been doing all night. We didn’t score in the second half and Geno got like 31 yards. Nobody could get open, and we couldn’t run to much either. 
so it might just be that one victory we all wanted so badly, and we get mauled by SF next week… orrrrr, they watch a lotta film and see why we stunk in the second half, maybe Geno has a good 2 half’s, and maybe we beat the 9’ers again. 
I think Chisag said it pretty well that drafting a QB first is a ver iffy proposition and many times a later pick becomes great. So I’m abandoning my “suck for Luck” platform, and now want to win every game again. So I will not be upset if we do suck, but will instead just give a nod to reality. But it’s just too hard to not cheer for your team no matter what!

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

12 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

We didn’t score in the second half and Geno got like 31 yards. Nobody could get open, and we couldn’t run to much either. 
so it might just be that one victory we all wanted so badly, and we get mauled by SF next week… orrrrr, they watch a lotta film and see why we stunk in the second half, maybe Geno has a good 2 half’s, and maybe we beat the 9’ers again. 
I think Chisag said it pretty well that drafting a QB first is a ver iffy proposition and many times a later pick becomes great. So I’m abandoning my “suck for Luck” platform, and now want to win every game again. So I will not be upset if we do suck, but will instead just give a nod to reality. But it’s just too hard to not cheer for your team no matter what!

... Well I applaud your change of heart and agree it is too hard not to cheer for your team no matter what. That is what it means to be a fan. That said putting all your eggs in one QB basket that has been on 4 different teams is a tough road. The Bears tried so many times to find that QB through trades and poor drafts and it is sooooo rare to find a near franchise QB that has played for more than 1 team. I think in todays NFL your QB has to have the ability to basically win the game on their own in the 4th qt when everyone knows they have to throw. Perfect example is Rogers that can fit the ball in a 2 foot window from 45 yds and win the game when the coverage is excellent. I know, few and far between but the teams that have that guy like the Chiefs, Chargers, Bucs, Bills, Bronco's and Packers are always in it til the last whistle. Obviously you know what that is like having Wilson that seemed like forever, so I think there may be an adjustment for your emotions this season.  

• Like 1

Ok all you weekend prognosticators- week 2 is on the slate, and the Hawks play the 49’ers in Santa Clara, and rain is expected. Against the broncos and RW, the perfect storm happened and we killed em by 1.

im afraid the 49’s aren’t going to be in a giving mood, and it could be a learning experience for our rookie tackles. It will also be our rookie RB Kenneth Walkers first pro action. 
the Hawks have owned the miners for years for some reason, but they are 9 point dawgs this week and I’m not sure they’re ready for a really good defense and Debo Samuel. But conversely, they’ll be playing trey Lance who struggled mightily last week in the rain. I would take the Hawks and the points, but the pick em league doesn’t use spreads..

oh, and about last nights game, I think the chargers gave it away with the 14 point swing on the pic 6. KC was a lucky winner, but, I bet on them so all is good. But it just shows how one stinking play can completely alter the outcome…

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok all you weekend prognosticators- week 2 is on the slate, and the Hawks play the 49’ers in Santa Clara, and rain is expected. Against the broncos and RW, the perfect storm happened and we killed em by 1.

... As far as betting goes, I HATE week 2 in the NFL. Bears beat the 49ers. Vikings embarrassed the Packers. Hawks clawed out a win vs the Broncos. So do the Packers bounce back against the Bears? Do the 49ers bounce back against the Hawks? Do the Vikings come back to earth against the Eagles? Do the Bronco's take out their frustration on the Texans or do the Texans play for another tie? All good questions with no good answers. That said, I did take the Bears and 10 points. 🤪

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... As far as betting goes, I HATE week 2 in the NFL. Bears beat the 49ers. Vikings embarrassed the Packers. Hawks clawed out a win vs the Broncos. So do the Packers bounce back against the Bears? Do the 49ers bounce back against the Hawks? Do the Vikings come back to earth against the Eagles? Do the Bronco's take out their frustration on the Texans or do the Texans play for another tie? All good questions with no good answers. That said, I did take the Bears and 10 points. 🤪

Exactly, I’m taking Hawks plus 9, but in the straight up pickem, gotta go with the 9’ers

Adidas Tour 360 shoes