Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@chisag still no movement on Fields.  Rumors are now saying Pittsburgh.     Wonder if signing Keenan Allen is to help out Fields?   Wonder if you will be a Bears or Cardinals fan next season 🤣

This one stumps me.  I don’t follow the NFC north as astutely as many of you but as a casual NFC fan, I see a guy with some real talent who’s a product of a franchise that cannot develop quarterbacks.

Seems like a very low-risk option for several teams unless the asking price is too high…

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@chisag still no movement on Fields.  Rumors are now saying Pittsburgh.     Wonder if signing Keenan Allen is to help out Fields?   Wonder if you will be a Bears or Cardinals fan next season 🤣

... Zero chance the Bears keep Fields. Kennan would be wasted with Fields. DJ Moore was open so often last season and Fields either didn't see him or couldn't force himself to throw the ball in under 4 seconds and the window closed. I wish I could find that stat but something like 17% of Fields sacks were the fault of the Oline and the rest were because Fields held the ball too long. Keenan was acquired for Williams (or Maye 🤔) as was the addition of Everett. The big question now is will someone make a move during the draft or wait til a QB goes down with an Aaron Rodgers freak injury. 

... Interesting for Fields fans (I have to assume they only watched his amazing highlights not every agonizing drop back Bears fans suffered through) but at this point no GM is interested in Fields. Even as a back up. If I thought I could use him in a wildcat formation to mix things up every now and then, his running ability is so explosive and he is so fast I would be willing to give up a 3rd or 4th round pick IF that could be part of my offense like T Hill in NO when Brees was the starter. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

33 minutes ago, bens197 said:

This one stumps me.  I don’t follow the NFC north as astutely as many of you but as a casual NFC fan, I see a guy with some real talent who’s a product of a franchise that cannot develop quarterbacks.

... Amigo all you need to know is every franchise in the NFL has access to every play Fields has made the last 3 years and none are interested in him. And although the Bears have an abysmal record with finding and/or developing QB's that changes with just one. The new GM, HC and OC are not part of the Bears QB history and if they draft Williams and he plays to his potential that narrative finally changes. To me it's like a losing streak. It has to end at some point. 🤞

... There are just too many video's out there like this one, but it is pretty short and indicative of what every scout and GM has seen from Fields. 

Edited by chisag

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Zero chance the Bears keep Fields. Kennan would be wasted with Fields. DJ Moore was open so often last season and Fields either didn't see him or couldn't force himself to throw the ball in under 4 seconds and the window closed. I wish I could find that stat but something like 17% of Fields sacks were the fault of the Oline and the rest were because Fields held the ball too long. Keenan was acquired for Williams (or Maye 🤔) as was the addition of Everett. The big question now is will someone make a move during the draft or wait til a QB goes down with an Aaron Rodgers freak injury. 

... Interesting for Fields fans (I have to assume they only watched his amazing highlights not every agonizing drop back Bears fans suffered through) but at this point no GM is interested in Fields. Even as a back up. If I thought I could use him in a wildcat formation to mix things up every now and then, his running ability is so explosive and he is so fast I would be willing to give up a 3rd or 4th round pick IF that could be part of my offense like T Hill in NO when Brees was the starter. 

I was kind of wondering that about Fields as a backup to Goff.  Ben Johnson is so creative offensively it would be interesting to see.  

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Amigo all you need to know is every franchise in the NFL has access to every play Fields has made the last 3 years and none are interested in him. And although the Bears have an abysmal record with finding and/or developing QB's that changes with just one. The new GM, HC and OC are not part of the Bears QB history and if they draft Williams and he plays to his potential that narrative finally changes. To me it's like a losing streak. It has to end at some point. 🤞

... There are just too many video's out there like this one, but it is pretty short and indicative of what every scout and GM has seen from Fields. 

You’re my eyes and ears 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I am thinking for the first time ever I am thrilled with every move Atlanta has done. About freaking time!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 hours ago, chisag said:

I’m pretty sure that you don’t read the Philadelphia Inquirer or their Sports Section online, so I thought that I would attach a link to yesterday’s column by sportswriter David Murphy regarding the Eagles’ alleged desire to trade for Fields as a backup QB for Jalen Hurts.  Basically, besides saying that Fields is not a good QB, he alleges that he could create dissection within the ranks and that if the Eagles really think that Fields is a worthy trade target, they may as well close up shop or fire their entire front office “brain trust”.

https://lancasteronline.com/sports/nfl/david-murphy-if-the-eagles-are-serious-about-a-trade-for-justin-fields-it-s/article_7e115b9f-6239-534b-af4b-47f031ab3e2b.html?itm_source=parsely-api

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

4 hours ago, chisag said:

Not true, Sam.  As per my recent post, it appears that the Philadelphia Eagles are very foolishly VERY interested in Fields as their backup QB, to the point where they have let their two 2022-2023 backups go.  However, maybe they (Eagles) will actually sign Kenny Pickett, which was also a local rumor the last day or two.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, funkyjudge said:

Not true, Sam.  As per my recent post, it appears that the Philadelphia Eagles are very foolishly VERY interested in Fields as their backup QB, to the point where they have let their two 2022-2023 backups go.  However, maybe they (Eagles) will actually sign Kenny Pickett, which was also a local rumor the last day or two.

... Excellent read and thanks for posting it. I just don't see the Eagles making that move. Until I see a team actually make an offer for Fields, I am assuming it is posturing for leverage. What that leverage is for, I don't know. 🙄 Or worse just the sports media drumming up some interest and since there is no smoke, there is little chance there is any fire. I know the Philly media can be just as bad as NYC or Chicago. The Chicago media knew long ago the Bears would be drafting a QB but every day there is a Should they keep Fields and IF they keep Fields that just riles up the fan base, seemingly split between keeping him 😱  or trading him 🥳

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Excellent read and thanks for posting it. I just don't see the Eagles making that move. Until I see a team actually make an offer for Fields, I am assuming it is posturing for leverage. What that leverage is for, I don't know. 🙄 Or worse just the sports media drumming up some interest and since there is no smoke, there is little chance there is any fire. I know the Philly media can be just as bad as NYC or Chicago. The Chicago media knew long ago the Bears would be drafting a QB but every day there is a Should they keep Fields and IF they keep Fields that just riles up the fan base, seemingly split between keeping him 😱  or trading him 🥳

Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) has made some truly stupid player and draft moves (I guess they are player moves, too, eh?), and he’s made a few good ones.  Good thing I’m not an “Iggles” fan; I just live in the area and get bombarded with all of the Philly sports team talk.

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

Fields to Pittsburgh. Needless to say I am very happy that he will not be going to Vegas. I would have lost my willingness to watch this season. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

21 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Fields to Pittsburgh. Needless to say I am very happy that he will not be going to Vegas. I would have lost my willingness to watch this season. 

... Haha I think k you were always safe as Getsy would have vetoed that trade. Fields traded for a 6th round pick which is basically giving him away. 7 years of Trubisky and Fields nightmare is finally over. That said, everything I have heard and read about Fields says he is a really good guy, hard worker and excellent leader so I wish him well in Pittsburg. 

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha I think k you were always safe as Getsy would have vetoed that trade. Fields traded for a 6th round pick which is basically giving him away. 7 years of Trubisky and Fields nightmare is finally over. That said, everything I have heard and read about Fields says he is a really good guy, hard worker and excellent leader so I wish him well in Pittsburg. 

Chicago being a rival of my Detroit Lions but also my hometown made some serious moves!!! Brought in some real talent but unfortunately Williams will be a catastrophic bust so the "Trubisky and Fields nightmare" is only a warmup for what Caleb will bring!!! Can you say Andre Ware or Ryan Leaf???

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Is that real or a rumor? I think that all that the Eagles were willing to give up for Fields was a 6th round pick, so which one of the PA teams has the better 6th round pick available? It may come to pass that all the Bears are going to get for Fields is a 6th rounder?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Is that real or a rumor? I think that all that the Eagles were willing to give up for Fields was a 6th round pick, so which one of the PA teams has the better 6th round pick available? It may come to pass that all the Bears are going to get for Fields is a 6th rounder?

... Real. IF Fields takes 51% of snaps next season it becomes a 4th round pick. A far cry from the 2nd round pick many in the media were predicting. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Real. IF Fields takes 51% of snaps next season it becomes a 4th round pick. A far cry from the 2nd round pick many in the media were predicting. 

Well, whomever the Bears draft with their first pick (probably Williams) will have plenty of top receivers that they can throw to. He’ll also have good protection up front, apparently.

Spoiler

Fields will compete with Wilson for the starting role, and even if Wilson beats him out, he may have a better set of coaches to work with him and potentially get him to be the starter after Wilson retires or may be released after his 1-year deal for minimal money is done.

As far as drafting a starting caliber QB first in the draft and expecting great things from him is more of a crapshoot than a guaranteed result.

Just my opinion, but the Bears have had more issues than just Fields being their QB.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

The AFC North is going to be one hell of a dog fight with 4 strong teams.

GO STEELERS!!!

Steelers logo 1.png

Terrible Towel.jpg

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

• 2 weeks later...

okay; this is dumb.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

13 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

okay; this is dumb.

Is it proposed or did it get passed?   I don’t think it is necessarily dumb, just different,   I want to know how onside kicks will work.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Is it proposed or did it get passed?   I don’t think it is necessarily dumb, just different,   I want to know how onside kicks will work.  

my understanding is that the owners approved it. the only reason I say 'dumb' is that the only thing that makes it a "kickoff" is there's a guy kicking the ball. other than that it's just a first down play.

good question about onside....

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

I think you can only do onside kicks when trailing in the 4th quarter no. Can't do surprise onside kicks anymore. Between that and the new tackling rules... lets just fast forward a few years till it's flag football.

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

okay; this is dumb.

If you watched the XFL or the upcoming UFL season, you won’t say it’s dumb. It’s actually quite interesting and prevents a lot of head injuries while also promoting more returns. You know what is dumb? Teams not returning the ball cause their players can’t catch the kickoff, or just have no aptitude on how to gain more than 5 yards if they do return it. 

@cnosil I wish they would get rid of on side kicks altogether and make it like the XFL/UFL. You have to complete essentially a 4th and 15 from your 20 or 25 yard line. If you don’t, the opposing team takes over from where your player went down. I only know of one team getting it last year in the XFL and that was the Battlehawks in week 1. It was exciting. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

56 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

If you watched the XFL or the upcoming UFL season, you won’t say it’s dumb. It’s actually quite interesting and prevents a lot of head injuries while also promoting more returns. You know what is dumb? Teams not returning the ball cause their players can’t catch the kickoff, or just have no aptitude on how to gain more than 5 yards if they do return it. 

@cnosil I wish they would get rid of on side kicks altogether and make it like the XFL/UFL. You have to complete essentially a 4th and 15 from your 20 or 25 yard line. If you don’t, the opposing team takes over from where your player went down. I only know of one team getting it last year in the XFL and that was the Battlehawks in week 1. It was exciting. 

Fair enough 

perhaps dumb was the wrong term 

what I was getting at is the fact that for years the NFL kept changing the rules to have fewer returns and now they are doing a 180 to encourage more returns 

Curious how this will play out. A new music city miracle coming??

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

32 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Fair enough 

perhaps dumb was the wrong term 

what I was getting at is the fact that for years the NFL kept changing the rules to have fewer returns and now they are doing a 180 to encourage more returns 

Curious how this will play out. A new music city miracle coming??

They are realizing the benefit of excitement with the kickoffs being returned. This gives them that ability to allow kickoffs and not have as many players get injured from the long run up to tackle the person. I just think they should get rid of inside kicks altogether and make it what the XFL/UFL does. And it doesn’t have to be in the 4th quarter to attempt one. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

WOW... 🤯

Bill trading Diggs to Houston... They're getting seriously good.

Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell

whew! those are some serious weapons...

...and Buffalo - yikes! Josh Allen can only do so much on his own.

Edited by StrokerAce

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

WOW... 🤯

Bill trading Diggs to Houston... They're getting seriously good.

Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell

whew! those are some serious weapons...

...and Buffalo - yikes! Josh Allen can only do so much on his own.

Diggs is 31 and had a notable drop off in play last season. This move does not bother me. And like everything else, there is so much more that we won’t see or understand that occurs behind closed doors. 

Josh will be fine. Buffalo will still contend. 

Also very fair to say that Houston is going to be a serious threat. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 2 weeks later...