TESTERS WANTED! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

I thought he was signed, He's just not showing up. If he gets traded, he can only be signed on for the rest of the year..Then he has to renegotiate after the year is over. I think its more likely he sits out the season and enters free agency then it is that he gets traded as a rental and agrees to do what he is avoiding in Pittsburgh, but who knows. 

The way I understand it is he hasn't signed the tag, so he isn't even on the roster right now. He probably won't show up to sign until week 10. After he signs, he can be traded.

Obviously for all of us Niners fans (all 6 of us), with Garoppolo being down there is very little hope for anything positive going forward. There really wasn't much to see even before (shoulda been better), but now the coaching staff are scrambling around looking for tryouts from any number of scrubs off the street. Good luck Niners...Maybe I should switch back to being a Rams fan... :unsure:

At least we still have Boise State...GO BRONCOS! BEAT WYOMING!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I don't root for laundry, but for or against players.

Exactly.

It's why I like boxing more than team sports.

There's no sentiment in team sports.

Favorite players get traded and released.

Belichick has left the Patriots' cupboard bare while former Pats thrive around the league.

He may be the greatest coach of all-time, but he's also become the worst GM.

Laundry rooting is shallow.

I also like rooting for people.

So you guys don't root for your favorite team? What is the point of team sports if people only root for players. How does one player make a team successful?  ( I know... LeBron...lol). Are you just rooting for individual players on the Ryder Cup Team/s.... or for the USA/EU?

I understand liking certain players... we all do, I'm sure, But I will root for my Raiders and my Indians always!..... and Team USA in The Ryder Cup!

So you guys don't root for your favorite team? What is the point of team sports if people only root for players. How does one player make a team successful? ( I know... LeBron...lol). Are you just rooting for individual players on the Ryder Cup Team/s.... or for the USA/EU?

I understand liking certain players... we all do, I'm sure, But I will root for my Raiders and my Indians always!..... and Team USA in The Ryder Cup!

I don't have a favorite team. I have teams I like and teams I don't. I then look at the game and see who I want to win. I root for specific teams each week. I think if I get involved in rooting for a team in each game, it makes it much more fun.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

So you guys don't root for your favorite team?

I do, S&B.

In fact I don't watch anything but Red Sox and Patriots games.

I'll watch the World Series, maybe, but not the SuperBowl if the Pats aren't in it.

Or I'll watch the Super Bowl and conk out on my recliner because i don't care.

But I don't like the team sports like i used to. (I even watched the Bruins and Celtics once.)

The rosters change too frequently, and when my favorite players leave, I lose a measure of interest.

Eventually some new guys will make an impact and i get interested again.

But boxing was the first sport that I watched with my dad as a little tyke,

and my favorite boxers aren't traded away. 

The sport should probably be banned

(along with MMA which I don't watch)

but at least it's rooting for people, not laundry.

But yes, i still root for my favorite locals teams.

I just don't love them like I once did.

So you guys don't root for your favorite team? What is the point of team sports if people only root for players. How does one player make a team successful?  ( I know... LeBron...lol). Are you just rooting for individual players on the Ryder Cup Team/s.... or for the USA/EU?

i certainly understand, like you with your Raiders, I am with my Redskins.   The Redskins have always been part of my life, I watched and supported them since the days of Eddie Labaron.   Its much like I have said: while I am now a resident of Maryland, my heart will always remain in my Virginia home.  I guess it could be said that my heart remains with the Redskins.  

While it took a while for the wife to embrace the Ravens, she is now devoted to them.   She was a devoted fan of the Baltimore Colts.  We've had the occasion to move a couple of times, she would not even let me get an estimate from the Mayflower rep because they moved the Colts to Indianapolis.   

But this past week, while I enjoyed the Redskins victory, the game I enjoyed the most was the Jets/Brown game.  While I have no attachment to Cleveland, watching the rookie quarterback move the team, a team that hadn't won for over a year, down the field was like watching a movie.  For that couple of hours or so, my heart was on loan to Cleveland. 

Rams are down both corners, will the Vikings beat that up, or will they fully collapse after that humiliation from the bills...??

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

So you guys don't root for your favorite team? What is the point of team sports if people only root for players. How does one player make a team successful? ( I know... LeBron...lol). Are you just rooting for individual players on the Ryder Cup Team/s.... or for the USA/EU?

I'm a social fan, so always root for the home team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I get so pissed sometimes when I watch NFL stuff. A few years ago we drafted a guy named Suh. You may have heard of him. He was young and had some anger issues, and everyone in the NFL, all the announcers and everyone in he league said that we should dump him he is nothing but trouble. So what happened, the Lions gave in and dumped him, got pretty much nothing for him, and pissed off Lions fans all over. All he while there were 31 other teams waiting to get there hands on him. Let's go a few years later, listening to the pregame for tonight as I type, and they are just talking about how great Suh is. He's in the top 3-4 D lineman, and playing for what looks to be the best team in football, certainly the best Defensive team. Why is it that when a youn player is drafted and struggles with attitude or has on the field issues the first thing the team has to do is dump them so some other team can reap the benefits of getting a first round draft pick for next to nothing. I hate it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

What a game tonite!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

What a game tonite!

Yeah, with all of this offense, it looks like college. Great game though and a probable playoffs match up.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I get so pissed sometimes when I watch NFL stuff. A few years ago we drafted a guy named Suh. You may have heard of him. He was young and had some anger issues, and everyone in the NFL, all the announcers and everyone in he league said that we should dump him he is nothing but trouble. So what happened, the Lions gave in and dumped him, got pretty much nothing for him, and pissed off Lions fans all over. All he while there were 31 other teams waiting to get there hands on him. Let's go a few years later, listening to the pregame for tonight as I type, and they are just talking about how great Suh is. He's in the top 3-4 D lineman, and playing for what looks to be the best team in football, certainly the best Defensive team. Why is it that when a youn player is drafted and struggles with attitude or has on the field issues the first thing the team has to do is dump them so some other team can reap the benefits of getting a first round draft pick for next to nothing. I hate it.

I have a different take on this,

Ndamukong Suh, from my perspective, could very well have been sent to prison for what he's done on the field alone.

Ndamukong Suh, from my perspective, could very well have been sent to prison for what he's done on the field alone.

Actually I think he should be given a medal for stomping on ARodgers. 😁

Sue was a born Raider. Should have been a Raider. He's exactly what this league needs to be viable again. Real men playing a man's game! I miss the 70's so much!

Sue was a born Raider. Should have been a Raider. He's exactly what this league needs to be viable again. Real men playing a man's game! I miss the 70's so much!

I get it now, S&B.

Psychotic sociopaths like Sue are "real men."

Stupid me. When I feared I might get like that, I tried to redeem myself.

No matter, but the only thing that I miss from the 70s are my old physical body,

and of course, my hair, which was already thinning by then..

Certainly not my wardrobe, that's for sure.

The old pictures of me wearing those ridiculous clothes make me gag.

I get it now, S&B.

Psychotic sociopaths like Sue are "real men."

Stupid me. When I feared I might get like that, I tried to redeem myself.

No matter, but the only thing that I miss from the 70s are my old physical body,

and of course, my hair, which was already thinning by then..

Certainly not my wardrobe, that's for sure.

The old pictures of me wearing those ridiculous clothes make me gag.

I'm thinking Nehru jacket and bell bottoms.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

OK, we put up 38 points two weeks in a row  and we're finally over .500,

3-2,

for the first time since we won the opener against Houston.

Luck played very well in a losing effort.

Watched the game with my son who told me a couple of things afterward.

First, I referred to the Colts as "Baltimore" at least four times during the telecast.

Second, they've been in Indiana longer than they were in Maryland.

You know how I am with change.

Anyway, we're home vs. Chiefs in a week and a half,  I think.

Not completely sure.

Still in Red Sox mode as long as they're still playing.

Until you can beat the Patriots in Foxboro, your season is completely meaningless.

MEANINGLESS I say!!!

Meh, let me just quote Hootie and the Blowfish...

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

Until you can beat the Patriots in Foxboro, your season is completely meaningless.

MEANINGLESS I say!!!

Meh, let me just quote Hootie and the Blowfish...

As a Lions fan, I say Bull. It may be the only win we get this season. So I can at least say. We beat your patriots, and that feels good. 

25 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

As a Lions fan, I say Bull. It may be the only win we get this season. So I can at least say. We beat your patriots, and that feels good. 

Betting odds have it pretty even hosting the Packers this weekend.

I think the game will be decided by pack's offense.

If GB's offense shows up, we will win it—I have yet to see some sharp offense from the pack this season (Maybe the come back against the bears excepted). More than happy with our defense this season. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

27 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Whoa, wait two seconds.  Misinterpretation man.  Watch the video, hear the lyrics.  I am was a Dolphins fan.

And the Lions beat the Patriots on their own home field.  Big flippin' deal.  It's barely October and September games, as the Patriots have shown year in and year out, are nothing but glorified scrimmages.

Wake me at the end of December where we can compare the Patriots record to the Lions.  My prediction is that he Patriots will have wrapped up the AFC Least by Thanksgiving, and the Lions will be wondering what their order will be for the 2019 draft, whether they get the #1 or maybe #3 overall pick with their crappy record.  You're 1-3 so far this season.

I say that in reference to the Dolphins.  They pull this crap almost every year.  They may even beat the Patriots in a meaningless game down in Miami, but then they end up at best 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

Honestly, I've stopped caring about the NFL overall.  It's the same dog and pony show every year.  It's 31 other teams and then the Patriots.  Everyone will get excited when they play the Patriots close in the playoffs, but ultimately every year we're talking about the Patriots against whatever other team happened to luck into a great season.  Last year it was the Eagles, this year it will be someone else.  But the constant remains the same.  It's New England's world and we're living in it.  And ultimately, that's why I stopped watching the NFL for the most part.

Yeah, I was curious last Sunday when my wife mentioned to me Miami was playing New England.  So I looked up the score on my phone and it was 38-0 New England in the 4th quarter.  Big shock I tell you.  I turned to my wife and said the same thing I've been saying since forever.  It doesn't mean a thing until you can beat the Patriots in Foxboro.  The Dolphins can't do it.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

On 10/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, GSwag said:

Whoa, wait two seconds.  Misinterpretation man.  Watch the video, hear the lyrics.  I am was a Dolphins fan.

And the Lions beat the Patriots on their own home field.  Big flippin' deal.  It's barely October and September games, as the Patriots have shown year in and year out, are nothing but glorified scrimmages.

Wake me at the end of December where we can compare the Patriots record to the Lions.  My prediction is that he Patriots will have wrapped up the AFC Least by Thanksgiving, and the Lions will be wondering what their order will be for the 2019 draft, whether they get the #1 or maybe #3 overall pick with their crappy record.  You're 1-3 so far this season.

I say that in reference to the Dolphins.  They pull this crap almost every year.  They may even beat the Patriots in a meaningless game down in Miami, but then they end up at best 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

Honestly, I've stopped caring about the NFL overall.  It's the same dog and pony show every year.  It's 31 other teams and then the Patriots.  Everyone will get excited when they play the Patriots close in the playoffs, but ultimately every year we're talking about the Patriots against whatever other team happened to luck into a great season.  Last year it was the Eagles, this year it will be someone else.  But the constant remains the same.  It's New England's world and we're living in it.  And ultimately, that's why I stopped watching the NFL for the most part.

Yeah, I was curious last Sunday when my wife mentioned to me Miami was playing New England.  So I looked up the score on my phone and it was 38-0 New England in the 4th quarter.  Big shock I tell you.  I turned to my wife and said the same thing I've been saying since forever.  It doesn't mean a thing until you can beat the Patriots in Foxboro.  The Dolphins can't do it.

The Lions beat the Patriots. Reread that. I dont care if the Lions beat them at home, it’s a big deal because the Lions won a game. 

Im just busting your chops. I don’t care for the Patriots or packers, so any win against either of those teams is a huge deal no matter where it happens, but yes, beating the Pats on their home field is very difficult to do. 

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

You're probably right about that, Nifty. Why do you think that is? I can tell you it's NOT because they win. 

We all have sweatshirts that say, "They hate us 'cause they ain't us,"

There have been other perspectives offered, however.

I will say this.

When I wore my DEFLATE THIS t-shirt to a Giants-Cubs game in San Francisco, the locals actually seemed to like it.

The Vikings need a Defense!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star