NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Hey. I am really happy with the moves that my Lions made. They actually addressed some key needs on offense and defense through FA. That has really never happened before. The only signing that is questionable was Danny A, but I think that 1 year deal is more for locker room help than anything, he knows the system that Patricia is trying to run, so he can help some of the other receivers learn it faster, and he can still catch the ball, his numbers won’t be huge, but it’s the off the field numbers that won’t be seen that will have a bigger impact. The big signing of Trey Flowers was massive for the Lions. Also a Tight End that should be able to really help. They did good this time, excited for the season 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Does Nick Foles going to the Jags make them a solid contender this season? That seems to be the position that they were needed filled, they have about as good a running game as you can find, so Foles should fit them pretty well. 

• Like 1

Does Nick Foles going to the Jags make them a solid contender this season? That seems to be the position that they were needed filled, they have about as good a running game as you can find, so Foles should fit them pretty well. 
I would say if their defense can get back to what they were 2 years ago then they are absolutely a contender with Foles. If their defense plays like they did this last year then they will have a hard time because Foles isn't going to outscore anybody in a shootout with them.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Well the Browns just became the favorite in their division! What a crazy off-season so far.

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I would say if their defense can get back to what they were 2 years ago then they are absolutely a contender with Foles. If their defense plays like they did this last year then they will have a hard time because Foles isn't going to outscore anybody in a shootout with them.

... Yup. I am of the belief to win playoff games in the NFL, sooner or later your QB has to mount a game wining drive when everyone knows he is throwing the ball. Foles isn't gonna win a shootout but he has proven he can produce that game winning drive. Many teams don't have that QB and it is why an above average but not franchise NFL QB is so valuable. When you have a Carr, Stafford, Cutler or Goff, you have to hang on to them until you find a better QB. Sure, every fan wants a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck or Mahomes but they are so few and far between. It is almost a curse to have that above average QB but not franchise QB and fans don't like it, but watching the Bears 50 starting QB's, and almost all of them well below average, ya gotta hang on to the Foles of the NFL. Unless you hit the jackpot with a franchise QB. While the Bears were starting 50 QB's, the Packers were starting 2: Favre and Rodgers. And the records for those years are obvious. 

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Hey. I am really happy with the moves that my Lions made. They actually addressed some key needs on offense and defense through FA. That has really never happened before. The only signing that is questionable was Danny A, but I think that 1 year deal is more for locker room help than anything, he knows the system that Patricia is trying to run, so he can help some of the other receivers learn it faster, and he can still catch the ball, his numbers won’t be huge, but it’s the off the field numbers that won’t be seen that will have a bigger impact. The big signing of Trey Flowers was massive for the Lions. Also a Tight End that should be able to really help. They did good this time, excited for the season 

Jesse James is underrated at te. Solid player with good hands and does well blocking. I’ll miss him in Pit

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

I think it depends on what system they run. If they have him drop back and throw them no. Doug Pederson set him up well for success in Philly with a lot of run/pass option. If they play to his strengths they’ll do well.

Tom Cable is a horrid line coach, and i know from the 5 years he spent in Seattle. I cheered the day he was fired

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Leveon Bell is a Jet. Sadly he signed for less than what the Steelers offered him. Glad they're both gone though.

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yup. I am of the belief to win playoff games in the NFL, sooner or later your QB has to mount a game wining drive when everyone knows he is throwing the ball. Foles isn't gonna win a shootout but he has proven he can produce that game winning drive. Many teams don't have that QB and it is why an above average but not franchise NFL QB is so valuable. When you have a Carr, Stafford, Cutler or Goff, you have to hang on to them until you find a better QB. Sure, every fan wants a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck or Mahomes but they are so few and far between. It is almost a curse to have that above average QB but not franchise QB and fans don't like it, but watching the Bears 50 starting QB's, and almost all of them well below average, ya gotta hang on to the Foles of the NFL. Unless you hit the jackpot with a franchise QB. While the Bears were starting 50 QB's, the Packers were starting 2: Favre and Rodgers. And the records for those years are obvious. 

Exactly. True franchise QB's are hard to find, and they don't come along very often. It will interesting to see what Carr can do with weapons and protection. He was sacked 51 times last year. It's hard to throw the ball from the ground.

10 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

I think it depends on what system they run. If they have him drop back and throw them no. Doug Pederson set him up well for success in Philly with a lot of run/pass option. If they play to his strengths they’ll do well.

They run the ball a ton, I think Foles gives them and accurate passer to go along with that running game, it will be interesting to watch how they use him in the offense. They could contend with him as the QB. If nothing else if will give them a passing game that they sorely lacked over the last couple seasons with Bortles. 

Lets go CHICAGO!!!!  I've been a Bears fan all my life (I'm 43 now).  When I started liking football was prime 84/85 Bears time.  I was a QB and wanted to be Jimmy Mac!  That entire team was loaded from top to bottom.  Walter, Dent, Singletary, Hampton, Gault etc. 

I am so glad we didn't get L. Bell!  We are a young team that plays for each other!  I think the Browns are going to make a playoff run with all their acquisitions, but they still won't be able to keep up with DA BEARS!!!

Edited by ballplayer002003
  • Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

• 2 weeks later...

I am originally from Cincinnati and have watched the Bengals since they first started but this is the first time in years where I thought they were diligently working toward getting the Number 1 draft pick in 2020 by doing nothing in 2019. They have made zero moves that makes any sense to me!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Members of the the six time Super Bowl Champion Patriots threw out the pitches for the home opener of the nine time World Series Champion Red Sox a few minutes ago.

Lots of diamonds around, so it's a good thing it wasn't too sunny.

• Like 1

The more I keep watching Antonio Brown comments/posts the more I’m glad he’s gone from Pittsburgh and somebody else’s problem.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Well the Browns just became the favorite in their division! What a crazy off-season so far.

Seems like the trades this year are just wild. Browns definitely starting to look like contenders this season. The giants got to be the laughing stock of the league now.

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

12 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

The more I keep watching Antonio Brown comments/posts the more I’m glad he’s gone from Pittsburgh and somebody else’s problem.

I just knew when all the s*** started that he would end up with the Raiders, somehow. All I can do is hope for the best. 

18 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I just knew when all the s*** started that he would end up with the Raiders, somehow. All I can do is hope for the best. 

Just wait until y'all pick up Johnny Manziel. I'm only half kidding here. 

• Haha 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Just wait until y'all pick up Johnny Manziel. I'm only half kidding here. 

He goes by John Manziel now. Courtesy of ESPN.

Johnny Manziel is making his life more simple, at least when it comes to his name, announcing that he is going by John now.

Appearing on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Monday, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback said: "I have a little update for you. I actually go by John these days. So, I'm kind of just turning over the page and moving forward a little bit."

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right