Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Our Sponsors

On 11/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, fixyurdivot said:

It's a wee bit more than holding calls and no, I don't care for Belichick & Co.  For me, the only thing meaningful for the rest of this season is the 49er's losing a game.  That'll be equivalent to the Dolphins winning the Superbowl. 🤗   

The Legacy Continues!!!

image.png.979ec11b504168ddc6a195138eae98fe.png

... we Dolphin can't be too picky in what we celebrate these days.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The Legacy Continues!!!

image.png.979ec11b504168ddc6a195138eae98fe.png

... we Dolphin can't be too picky in what we celebrate these days.

I'd settle for beating New England in Foxboro once a year.  That's our Super Bowl every year.  The Wildcat game in 2008 is the last time Miami won in New England.  That's an insanely lopsided rivalry, if you can even call it that.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

6 minutes ago, GSwag said:

I'd settle for beating New England in Foxboro once a year.  That's our Super Bowl every year.  The Wildcat game in 2008 is the last time Miami won in New England.  That's an insanely lopsided rivalry, if you can even call it that.

I'll likely live to see the tide turn... the Dolphins once again perennial leaders in the AFC and the Patsterisk's struggling not to be in last place.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

So I went to Drudge Report of all places and found this...

I've watched football all my life and honestly, I think this is the worst conduct I've ever seen on a football field for an in game incident.  Myles Garrett may never play another game in the NFL after this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GSwag said:

So I went to Drudge Report of all places and found this...

I've watched football all my life and honestly, I think this is the worst conduct I've ever seen on a football field for an in game incident.  Myles Garrett may never play another game in the NFL after this.

He'll play again, it just won't be this year. I'm betting there is just a bit more to this than what we know right now. 

Mason started the fight, but he hasn't been suspended or fined. There has to be more to this for Garrett to to go full loco like that. 

That doesn't mean I condone what he did, or that it was justified, no matter what provoked it. It will be interesting to see what really caused such a retaliation from Garrett.

• Like 1

IMO it doesn't matter what the specifics are that caused the Garrett/Rudolph/Pouncey crap. Everybody's opinion seems to be based off of what side of the fence they are on. Did Rudolph start it? Possibly. Did Garrett start it? Possibly. Nobody know except them two. If/when the story comes out, it will probably never be the full truth. It was just a bunch of grown men acting like clowns.

Nobody wins in something like this and the more it happens the harder it becomes to believe any statements issued after are meaningful. They are becoming nothing more than a recorded message.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

👇Follow the link to read the testers thoughts on the Lynx Prowler VT and Blackcat irons!👇

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32612-2019-official-forum-member-review-lynx-black-cat-and-prowler-vt-irons/#comments

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: Cortex 10.5* with Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 6s @ 44.5"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Lynx Prowler VT 4-PW irons with KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts @ -1/4"

Wedge: 2 Off Brand Wedges a 48* for bump and runs & 56* for normal chips and pitches

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5 with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 104cc @ 33" 

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

IMO it doesn't matter what the specifics are that caused the Garrett/Rudolph/Pouncey crap. Everybody's opinion seems to be based off of what side of the fence they are on. Did Rudolph start it? Possibly. Did Garrett start it? Possibly. Nobody know except them two. If/when the story comes out, it will probably never be the full truth. It was just a bunch of grown men acting like clowns.

Nobody wins in something like this and the more it happens the harder it becomes to believe any statements issued after are meaningful. They are becoming nothing more than a recorded message.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree. I do think though, that no matter what side of the fence you’re on, that you find Garrett’s actions inexcusable and the statements issued afterward were a complete joke. As a side note, I do feel that the penalty on Pouncey was unfair. At the end of the day, he was protecting someone from an act of violence. Frankly, if someone makes an act of aggression with intent to injure or, worse, I’d hope that other people are there to subdue them. That shouldn’t be punished. 

*I’m saying this with no bias. I don’t care one little bit about either of these teams. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I agree. I do think though, that no matter what side of the fence you’re on, that you find Garrett’s actions inexcusable and the statements issued afterward were a complete joke. As a side note, I do feel that the penalty on Pouncey was unfair. At the end of the day, he was protecting someone from an act of violence. Frankly, if someone makes an act of aggression with intent to injure or, worse, I’d hope that other people are there to subdue them. That shouldn’t be punished. 
*I’m saying this with no bias. I don’t care one little bit about either of these teams. 

I agree that everybody’s actions involved were inexcusable! The only person that may have a chance to come out looking descent is Pouncey for protecting Rudolph. That said I think the penalty is more than warranted. If you want to protect him, throw Garrett off him and stand between them. Don’t forget that another offensive lineman (I forget which one) was already throwing Garrett to the ground when Pouncey came in swinging and then started kicking Garrett in the head. Deion Sanders tweeted out that Pouncey is a hero in the nfl locker rooms and while that may be true he should still be penalized for doing something against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

👇Follow the link to read the testers thoughts on the Lynx Prowler VT and Blackcat irons!👇

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32612-2019-official-forum-member-review-lynx-black-cat-and-prowler-vt-irons/#comments

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: Cortex 10.5* with Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 6s @ 44.5"

Irons: Testing the Lynx Prowler VT 4-PW irons with KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts @ -1/4"

Wedge: 2 Off Brand Wedges a 48* for bump and runs & 56* for normal chips and pitches

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5 with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 104cc @ 33" 

Amazing role models these guys are... put it on repeat for all the children of the world to see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I agree that everybody’s actions involved were inexcusable! The only person that may have a chance to come out looking descent is Pouncey for protecting Rudolph. That said I think the penalty is more than warranted. If you want to protect him, throw Garrett off him and stand between them. Don’t forget that another offensive lineman (I forget which one) was already throwing Garrett to the ground when Pouncey came in swinging and then started kicking Garrett in the head. Deion Sanders tweeted out that Pouncey is a hero in the nfl locker rooms and while that may be true he should still be penalized for doing something against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve no issue with pinning him to the ground, even if both of them jumped on top.

Was the kicking too much? I think that is a very subjective question. While I say no, since there was no real chance to injure Garrett who was in full pads and it gave a better chance of subduing him, others are going to think it was too much to start kicking Garrett, and it was just perpetuating the aggression.

Again, it’s very subjective, and I wouldn’t say any opinion is “right”, it’s just open to interpretation and personal opinions. And there’s nothing wrong with that. 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Amazing role models these guys are... put it on repeat for all the children of the world to see.

Haven’t seen a better post on this thread in quite a while. 

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

9 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I’ve no issue with pinning him to the ground, even if both of them jumped on top.

Was the kicking too much? I think that is a very subjective question. While I say no, since there was no real chance to injure Garrett who was in full pads and it gave a better chance of subduing him, others are going to think it was too much to start kicking Garrett, and it was just perpetuating the aggression.

While I have no problem agreeing with you on your first statement, I completely disagree with the second. 
While Garrett is in full pads with a helmet on, Pouncey kicks him in the top of the head. That helmet protects his head from impact but does nothing to protect his spine from being pinched and jarred from the being pressed down.  

Again I don’t condone anything Garrett or any of the guys involved did. I think it was a disgrace and we may have gotten a glimpse of their true colors, so to speak. With that said, I am not saying that Pouncey was wrong in trying to protect his QB just that the way he did it was wrong.  Decastro had Garrett pinned on the ground when Pouncey kicked him in the top of the head. 

Dreadful O against the Eagles tonight,  but at least we didn't lose.

17-10. Miserable game to watch.  Worst 9-1 record we've ever had. 

Still holding hope for that Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies), though.

The Brady/Belichick Era, glorious as it's been, probably ends this season.

TB12 and Gisele put their house up for sale.

One more title would be great, but we'll need much better offense from here on out.

Lions... 444 yards passing by Dak. Lost by EIGHT?!
So, the Lions cannot run the ball, nor can they stop anyone. In the next draft, how do you even decide what to draft? They need so many pieces STILL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Dreadful O against the Eagles tonight,  but at least we didn't lose.
17-10. Miserable game to watch.  Worst 9-1 record we've ever had. 
Still holding hope for that Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies), though.
The Brady/Belichick Era, glorious as it's been, probably ends this season.
TB12 and Gisele put their house up for sale.
One more title would be great, but we'll need much better offense from here on out.

Yeah when Gisele gave me a kiss as I walked out the door yesterday, she was happy to be leaving New England.

• Like 1

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

NFL lost even more of me today with that non PI call inthe Balt-Houston game. Play was challlenged and not reversed  is a bunch of $%&#. 

Maybe my Viings will finally win a SB and I can stop watching. 

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

12 hours ago, PMookie said:

Yeah when Gisele gave me a kiss as I walked out the door yesterday, she was happy to be leaving New England.

Don't be like Amy Winehouse;  consider rehab!

I was sort of bored yesterday afternoon and I was subjected to the NE/PHI game, and several things stand out.

• If you do the QB comparison, it's a joke.  Again, Brady has that 2 second clock in his head and unloads the ball faster than anyone can get to him.  20 years and still no one has truly figured out a way to stop that dude.  And he rarely makes a mistake or gets sacked.  Lack of turnovers and penalties have always been the key to NE success.  It's not rocket science honestly, but I just find it fascinating that there doesn't seem to be any other team in the league that preaches to avoid penalties and turnovers at all costs.  How many (close) games has NE won because the other team turned the ball over or had a costly penalty on offense that simply stopped a drive?
  • Carson Wentz should truly look at that game film and put a clock on how long he holds the ball in the pocket back there.  There were at least a half dozen coverage sacks that could have not been sacks if Wentz would simply count to 3 and unload the thing.  The ball has to be gone in 2 seconds or less to have success in the NFL.  And if it's the 3rd quarter and you are still looking at coverage sacks everytime you go back to pass, then that is on your coaching staff.  The failure of Philly to adjust to what NE was doing on defense is a joke.  Gee, let's run the same passing play 50 times, and expect different results from NE on defense.  But ultimately Wentz holds the ball WAAAAAAAY too long.  Which would you rather have - an incompletion and 2nd and 10, or a sack and 2nd and 17?  Same story, different day.  I swear football coaches are the dumbest animals on planet earth.  No creativity, no ability to adjust to game flow, and just keep trying the same plays that fail over and over and over again.
  • PHILLY - RUN THE DANG BALL!!!!  If NE's secondary is coverage sacking you all day long, what's worse statistically?  2nd and 17, or 2nd and 9?  I mean, geez, you can't figure out a way to exploit a weakness of that defense?  That's poor coaching, and poor decision making by Philly overall.  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, and you deserved to lose!

We've got Jerry's Cowboys in Gillette this week.  Giants, Eagles, and Skins out of the way--last game with the NFC East. We can be de facto champs of both Eastern Divisions.

I'd be starting to get revved up around today, but I've been stuck in the House hearings.  It reminds me of my boyhood.  Lots of House and Senate hearings on TV in the 1950s.  I'd rather be thinking about my Pats, especially as our Era is winding down, but this crap is dominating my attention.  It truly sucks but I'm consumed. Can't discuss it further here, of course.

I haven't been following the Cowboys...any good?

Edited by NiftyNiblick

I took the cowgirls over the punchless Pats this week. Their run is done...

took the Pack over the 49ers too. Not too sure about that one.

and of course,Hawks over the Eagles... easy call,  up wentz stinks, and Russ doesn’t..

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x