Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

How about my Giants, Chisag? They made Tribisky look like a competent NFL QB today.

I’m glad that I watched the UConn game. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1 hour ago, revkev said:

How about my Giants, Chisag? They made Tribisky look like a competent NFL QB today.

I’m glad that I watched the UConn game. 😞

Rev - You're a Giants fan too?  I knew there's a reason I liked you.  And I'm glad I slogged around a muddy golf course instead of watching that abomination.

• Like 2

Pats didn't cover but did get to 10-1, effectively win the NFC East with a 4-0 record, and did maintain virginal end zones on defense.

They're usually a good club in heavy rain and wind.

I hate Sunday Night, Monday Night, and Thursday Night games, but we're in Houston Sunday Night as I wasn't asked.   Can we beat both Texas teams back to back?  I think so, but we'll see.

Stairway to Seven...that's the hope, and despite pedestrian offense, it remains a possibility.  Defense is great except in Baltimore, special teams are also good, and Brady does the most that anyone could with that mediocre supporting cast on offense.

Former Patriot backup Jimmy Garappolo vs. Tom Brady in the Super Bowl would be a huge local story.  Lots of soap opera drama. Good fun. 

I almost forgot....seventeen consecutive seasons with ten or more wins...a new league record,

Edited by NiftyNiblick

Wow- the cowgirls, bald  eagles, raiders, and the packers got humiliated and exposed as non- contenders this weekend. Amazingly, the Pats weathered the weather (see what I did there?), and pulled out a win, mostly with their defense. (Which by the way, wins big games) as much as I detest them. Don’t know if there was ever a game I wanted both teams to lose.

im guessing Baltimore steamrolls the Rams tonite, which leaves as real contenders:

Pats, 49ers, Ravens, Seahawks, Saints, Buffalo maybe

second tier with a Chance:

vikings, chiefs

a few good games next week that’ll clarify things more:

Hawks vs Vikings, Ravens vs 49ers, Pats vs Houston (cowgirls vs Buffalo- the loser is toast)

The nail biting stretch is here...

• Like 1

Rev - You're a Giants fan too?  I knew there's a reason I liked you.  And I'm glad I slogged around a muddy golf course instead of watching that abomination.

It’s getting almost impossible to be a Giants & UCONN fan.
Maybe switch to Rays & Buccaneers & UCF?

Good grief, I just don’t see anyone being able to cope with these Ravens...

might as well just give them the trophy now...

I dunno, that niners defense is pretty good...

Not like this pathetic Rams d...whew, 6 straight touchdowns...6 in a row. Dang

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Good grief, I just don’t see anyone being able to cope with these Ravens...

might as well just give them the trophy now...

They are looking unstoppable right now.

• Like 1

I'm very concerned about the Baltimore Raisins.  They're the 1 in our 10-1, and the game wasn't the least bit competitive.  I would be very pleased if somebody else would be kind enough to knock them off before we might see them in the tournament.  We match up better against teams that can beat them than we do against them.

The thing about the Raisins is that I don't like running quarterbacks--that style looks so amateurish to me--and it's really hard to imagine being beaten by a team that deploys one, even after seeing it with my own eyes. 

Ironically, the Raisins made the case for classic pocket passing when Flacco beat Kaepernick in the battle of the Harbough Brothers Super Bowl a few years back (although I didn't bother watching it-I only watch Patriot games ).   Now they're the team that could make it obsolete.

My dream is Stairway to Seven (Lombardi Trophies) followed by the immediate retirement of the magnificent Tom Brady. That would be the perfect way to bring my football watching to a satisfying end.  It's right now looking possible but by no means more than that. 

What are you going to do on Sundays once the greatest era in American football history comes to an end?  It's coming soon--one way or another, and i have a definite preference for which way. 

But I'm getting ahead of myself--there's that thing in Houston next.  It's another stupid Sunday night game to delay my viewing of the next Donovan episode. Bummer.

IMG_1445.JPG

From the Rev’s office. @Rick have you seen the Huskies play this year? We are clearly on the comeback trial. Bouknight is the real deal - better than Hamilton or Ben Gordon as freshman. That’s rarified company. Hurley has something brewing with a top 20 class in and the making of another one on the way. We just need to hang on long enough to see the results.

Clearly they will win before the Giants who are a mess.

• Like 2

IMG_1445.thumb.JPG.3a6c0737e595fda747395a17ff617b7d.JPG

From the Rev’s office. [mention=5272]Rick[/mention] have you seen the Huskies play this year? We are clearly on the comeback trial. Bouknight is the real deal - better than Hamilton or Ben Gordon as freshman. That’s rarified company. Hurley has something brewing with a top 20 class in and the making of another one on the way. We just need to hang on long enough to see the results.

What a nice pendant!! Giants are horrible.
I caught parts of 2 UCONN games, one was a nice win the other was a loss to I believe was St Joseph’s.
I want to catch a UCONN Men’s B-ball in FL if there’s a UCONN Club bus trip.

From the Rev’s office. [mention=5272]Rick[/mention] have you seen the Huskies play this year? We are clearly on the comeback trial. Bouknight is the real deal - better than Hamilton or Ben Gordon as freshman. That’s rarified company. Hurley has something brewing with a top 20 class in and the making of another one on the way. We just need to hang on long enough to see the results.

I caught parts of 2 UCONN games, one was a nice win the other was a loss to I believe was St Joseph’s.

10 hours ago, NiftyNiblick said:

What are you going to do on Sundays once the greatest era in American football history comes to an end?

That era ended after the 70's.

• Like 1

The greatest era in football history?  

hahahahahahaha...

ended in the 70’s?

bwahahahahaha. You guys are killin me...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, revkev said:

IMG_1445.JPG

From the Rev’s office. @Rick have you seen the Huskies play this year? We are clearly on the comeback trial. Bouknight is the real deal - better than Hamilton or Ben Gordon as freshman. That’s rarified company. Hurley has something brewing with a top 20 class in and the making of another one on the way. We just need to hang on long enough to see the results.

That pennant is gorgeous

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

The greatest era in football history?  

hahahahahahaha...

ended in the 70’s?

bwahahahahaha. You guys are killin me...

It did for me as well.  Once Csonka and Griese retired the Dolphins haven't been the same since.

• Like 1

Wow who is this David Blough kid? #tradestafford [mention=2567]PMookie[/mention]

As with all Lion players, they eventually end-up sucking.... Or retire early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Niners are tough but Jimmy G. will struggle post season.

My Vikings..oh my Vikings..Please beat Seattle.

NE is just gettin by and they are one of my favs but they wil lose out inte playoffs if they dont win home field. 

NO..love to see Drew in the SB again.

Seattle is dangerous.

Ravens are the best team going with a running QB on fire. Tough to beat. Dont love running QBs and its only a matter of time he gets hurt. 

• Like 2