Jump to content

NFL thread! What are you thinking?


Sluggo42

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Rickp said:


My daughter is a Probation Officer, she may be small but tough.
He’s a real good kid and the seriousness of a concussion isn’t lost on him.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cool.  My daughter is a case analyst with the BPD Domestic Violence Unit.  She started as an intern writing press releases for the Boston Police while she was in college twenty years ago and never left the city.  Her husband is a lieutenant detective.

 

  • Like 1

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool.  My daughter is a case analyst with the BPD Domestic Violence Unit.  She started as an intern writing press releases for the Boston Police while she was in college twenty years ago and never left the city.  Her husband is a lieutenant detective.  

 

Interesting, my daughter went to CCSU study ing really nothing, took a minor in criminology with classes from Dr Henry Lee. Did a internship at a CT Police Lockup and she was hooked. Her internship was a 17 year boy charged with murder. She’s retiring next year after 23 years due to CT tax/budget problems. She’ll do something else.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I want for Christmas is for the Buffalo Bills to win the AFC East division this year.

That is all.

  • Like 3
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not used to seeing the Pats on the wrong side of bad calls, refs blew that game for sure.

  • Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am just here for the Nifty soliloquy

 

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I am just here for the Nifty soliloquy

 

Thanks, jlukes.

Officiating may have cost us the game last night, but there were no perverse forces at play, I'm sure.  Zebra crews, like football teams themselves, have bad days--and yesterday's crew had a horrific one. They had one cheap holding call on KC...and they had almost countless missed calls that hurt the Pats.

Still, if you want to win, don't leave your defense on the field for the entire second quarter so the other team can score 17 points. An exemplary second half by the defense, going with a valiant effort with an understaffed offense,  was too little too late.

At forty-two years of age, Tom Brady, the Greatest Of All Time, has nothing with which to work other than White and Edelman. Gronk would be irreplaceable for any team, of course.  As far as I'm concerned, he's a GOAT as well.  Offensive linemen who've played well in the past display terribly eroded skills now.   The 2019 New England Patriots, even with a respectable 10-3 record, don't have an offense to scare anybody.

If they win their last three games--anything but a sure thing--the Pats will get the playoff bye, even if they must play the AFC Championship Game on the road should they somehow get there.  This is obviously the end of a great dynasty, but I'm holding out hope for that Stairway to Seven.  That would be a magnificent ending, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Then it's done. Brady's house is up for sale. He's not coming back.  What remains to be seen is whether he has the good sense to retire or decides to prove that he can't play anymore by,  like others before him, trying to cap his career playing with somebody else.  That's certainly not something I could bring myself to watch.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Thanks, jlukes.

Officiating may have cost us the game last night, but there were no perverse forces at play, I'm sure.  Zebra crews, like football teams themselves, have bad days--and yesterday's crew had a horrific one. They had one cheap holding call on KC...and they had almost countless missed calls that hurt the Pats.

Still, if you want to win, don't leave your defense on the field for the entire second quarter so the other team can score 17 points. An exemplary second half by the defense, going with a valiant effort with an understaffed offense,  was too little too late.

At forty-two years of age, Tom Brady, the Greatest Of All Time, has nothing with which to work other than White and Edelman. Gronk would be irreplaceable for any team, of course.  As far as I'm concerned, he's a GOAT as well.  Offensive linemen who've played well in the past display terribly eroded skills now.   The 2019 New England Patriots, even with a respectable 10-3 record, don't have an offense to scare anybody.

If they win their last three games--anything but a sure thing--the Pats will get the playoff bye, even if they must play the AFC Championship Game on the road should they somehow get there.  This is obviously the end of a great dynasty, but I'm holding out hope for that Stairway to Seven.  That would be a magnificent ending, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Then it's done. Brady's house is up for sale. He's not coming back.  What remains to be seen is whether he has the good sense to retire or decides to prove that he can't play anymore by,  like others before him, trying to cap his career playing with somebody else.  That's certainly not something I could bring myself to watch.

 

But you'll still post on this thread, reminding everyone of the "glory days" while at the same time telling everyone that you aren't a fan and don't watch anymore, right?

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jlukes said:

But you'll still post on this thread, reminding everyone of the "glory days" while at the same time telling everyone that you aren't a fan and don't watch anymore, right?

I still watch Patriots games, albeit nothing else, jlukes.  This will almost certainly be the last season for even that. You've seen my posts explaining why.  I'm not a football fan anymore.  I'm just a Belichick-Brady football fan. No other football was ever like it, and I don't expect to see anything like it in the future.  It hasn't been perfection, but it's been too close to perfection to ever be reproduced.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am just here for the Nifty soliloquy  

 

[emoji106]

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy[/[emoji106]

 

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Middler said:

That's sad. There were the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers and other dynasties before the Patriots, I'm a Pats fan BTW. There were the undefeated Dolphins, no one including the Pats have yet matched that. And new and exciting players come along every year, e.g. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, and there will be other dynasties to come. Brady and Belichick's legacies are already secure, though I'd hate to see Brady tarnish his by overstaying.

As great as Tom Brady was, Joe Montana was still the most amazing QB I've ever watched (so far) but his career was much shorter than many of his peers.

 

... Just sayin, 85 Bears beat the Patriots 46-10 in the Super Bowl and held the Pats offense to -36 yards in the first half. MINUS 36 yds. 

  • Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Middler said:

That's sad. There were the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers and other dynasties before the Patriots, I'm a Pats fan BTW. There were the undefeated Dolphins, no one including the Pats have yet matched that. And new and exciting players come along every year, e.g. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, and there will be other dynasties to come. Brady and Belichick's legacies are already secure, though I'd hate to see Brady tarnish his by overstaying.

As great as Tom Brady was, Joe Montana was still the most amazing QB I've ever watched (so far) but his career was much shorter than many of his peers.

Your point is well taken, Middler, but I had already stopped watching football after the Tatum-Stingley disaster in the 70s.  It made me sick to my stomach.  Then the Brady-Belichick era happened and I was drawn back in.  I'm guessing that I'll fall back out when it's over.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Middler said:

9 years before Robert Kraft and 15-16 years before the Belichick-Brady era began, just sayin...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats become also rans like the Bears in a few years, so we might as well enjoy it while we can. The decline has already begun.

Belichick can win 10 games a year just on defensive scheming alone.  He could have Howdy Doody at QB and it wouldn't matter.  Matt Cassel is proof of that.

  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Just sayin, 85 Bears beat the Patriots 46-10 in the Super Bowl and held the Pats offense to -36 yards in the first half. MINUS 36 yds. 

38-24 Dolphins on MNF for your only loss that year.  What a shame that Miami fell apart in the AFC Championship that year, because they should've had a rematch with Chicago in that Super Bowl, which would have been much more competitive then that dog and pony show the Patriots threw out there.

 

  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brady isn't the issue with the offense. The offensive line hasn't been good. The lack of any threat at the tight end position is placing more pressure on Edelman, who's seeing a lot more double teams, which is placing more pressure on the other wide receivers to get separation, which they haven't been doing well enough, which doesn't help when coupled with the lack of protection the offensive line is giving Brady. The running game has suffered immensely with Develin out.

Brady has not had his best year, obviously, but there's a lot more at play with the Pats offense than just him falling off. Manning was genuinely the issue in Denver. The same isn't true with New England this year.

They were robbed of two touchdowns and a clear pass interference call. That said, the Pats offense isn’t top tier this year for several reasons so they won’t be going to the SB, and I’m a Pats fan. Too bad as their D and special teams are good this year. It’s time for Brady to move on before he diminishes his legacy by overstaying like Peyton Manning. He’s already not as sharp as he once was.


Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think that Matt Damon looks like Tom Brady, or vice versa.  I mean, if you're looking for someone to play Tom Brady in a movie, there you go.

Because I mean, he's done everything possible in professional football; if Rudy can make a movie about his time being a tackling dummy at Notre Dame in the 70's why can't we have a movie about Tom Brady the bionic quarterback?

  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good God the Eagles are terrible. 

 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good God the Eagles are terrible. 
 

Possible Eli last game out a winner?
Beat Brady/Belichick in 2 Super Bowls[emoji33]


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was more responding to you saying he should move on before he tarnishes his legacy. Yeah, I acknowledge he's not had his best year, but it's directly a result of the other issues plaguing the offense, not his own ability to handle the duties of playing quarterback in the NFL.

I agree, I don't want to see him go out with a season like Manning had, but Brady is not at that point in his career yet. Manning had zero feeling in his fingertips from nerve damage in his neck. He could barely throw the ball downfield. Brady's arm is still in good shape.

I didn’t say Brady was the only issue with the offense this year, see above. 
 
You acknowledge Brady is not at the top of his game, he’s had better longevity than his peers but there’s a limit. Again, I’d hate to see Brady’s career end with a last year like Peyton Manning, far from his best years...


Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m surprised there hasn’t been mention of the Pats, latest cheating scandal. Spy-gate II, if there is anything to tarnish the Brady-Belichick era, it’s the countless cheating scandals. I’m not surprised to see this happen again, as the saying goes, leopards never change their spots. 

  • Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...