Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Our Sponsors

I am not a marketing guy but Andy Reid should not be the spokesman for any type of fitness equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a spokesman for Dunkin Donuts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I’m thinking that trying to play football right now would be pretty stupid. :(

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

15 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m thinking that trying to play football right now would be pretty stupid. 😞

Yea... I don't see how this is going to happen 

Going to be interesting. Seems like basketball or baseball (forget which) is already having issues with testing positive.....

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

39 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Going to be interesting. Seems like basketball or baseball (forget which) is already having issues with testing positive.....

I think they all are.  Even Hockey which has remained pretty quiet has had almost 30 players test positive.  

It's starting to look like the issue for these leagues is going to be having a full roster of eligible players, and that's not even talking about the issues if things continue to spike up.

• Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Both although basketball far more so. The difference with baseball is that playing it in and of itself is a reasonably low risk for COVID spread.

Football? Huddles, hand to hand on every play, refs and coaching staffs in at risk categories? Take a step back and think it through. And Basketball isn’t much better.

Hockey is safer than both for COVID but still - it’s July - just pack it in and pick last season up in January with some sort of expanded playoff system.

I’m facing similar issues with Christmas Eve and some other big events still on the calendar this year. Normally a packed church I’m not seeing it. We are exploring doing some more outdoor services once the weather cools off in October.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

On 7/2/2020 at 7:47 AM, revkev said:

Both although basketball far more so. The difference with baseball is that playing it in and of itself is a reasonably low risk for COVID spread.

Football? Huddles, hand to hand on every play, refs and coaching staffs in at risk categories? Take a step back and think it through. And Basketball isn’t much better.

Hockey is safer than both for COVID but still - it’s July - just pack it in and pick last season up in January with some sort of expanded playoff system.

I’m facing similar issues with Christmas Eve and some other big events still on the calendar this year. Normally a packed church I’m not seeing it. We are exploring doing some more outdoor services once the weather cools off in October.

With a greatly reduced or no fans in the stadiums, huddling up could be adjusted.  There are way to work around it.  If any league has a way, it'll be the NFL.

Not the NFL I realize but I think the money, or more specifically the potential losses, is driving the decision on all stadium sport venues.  What is the magic formula, threshold for risk?  It will indeed be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-committee-recommends-six-week-calendar-to-start-2020-college-football-season-on-time/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I’m sorry guys - I’d love to see football but there is no adjustment to be made that minimizes the risk of a sport where guys are breathing heavy and constantly closer than 6 feet from each other.

The only way it’s safe is if players are willing to be isolated from their families, games are officiated electronically and coaches do so by zoom.

Will they try and find hire out a way? Of course, it’s a lot of lost revenue. But unless something radically changes with this pandemic I don’t see it happening.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I’m sorry guys - I’d love to see football but there is no adjustment to be made that minimizes the risk of a sport where guys are breathing heavy and constantly closer than 6 feet from each other.

The only way it’s safe is if players are willing to be isolated from their families, games are officiated electronically and coaches do so by zoom.

Will they try and find hire out a way? Of course, it’s a lot of lost revenue. But unless something radically changes with this pandemic I don’t see it happening.

I feel the same way about the NHL. As much as I love watching hockey I think it foolish to try to restart the season next month. Let’s reign in this epidemic before restarting professional contact sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested

I do not know what this coming season is going to look like for the teams OR the fans. I've mentioned before that I work at 3-4 Pats games every year as a "volunteer" pizza cook to help raise money for our town's music association. We normally send 12 people to every game to work, they're telling us to expect to send no more than 6-7 as they're figuring on a half-full stadium due to distancing... and that's even if they have fans at all. It's unfortunately a huge blow to us as a non-profit, the funds we get from working games in Foxboro make up over 1/3 of what we need to raise every year for our student musical groups and organizations. With no MLS games or concerts, and the aspect of potentially no fans (or football at all) it's going to hurt our kids a lot. Sadly so many other organizations are in the same boat due to everything that's going on. In the end though, health and safety have to come first. We can find other ways to raise funds. 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Y’all better watch out cam newton and n’keal Harry going to be big names this year 

image.gif.2163db0906738707f57dc188faa0e441.gif*if they play*

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I am a Seahawks season ticket holder and if they have games this year, I don't feel comfortable going to a stadium packed with people given the Covid situation. They actually gave a great offer to season ticket holders. We can get a refund for this year and still be able to purchase our normal season tickets (same seats) next year. I hope all teams are offering something similar.

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I am a Seahawks season ticket holder and if they have games this year, I don't feel comfortable going to a stadium packed with people given the Covid situation. They actually gave a great offer to season ticket holders. We can get a refund for this year and still be able to purchase our normal season tickets (same seats) next year. I hope all teams are offering something similar.

I’ve heard the Patriots are allowing their season ticket holders the same.

No stadiums will be packed; I’ve read on both ESPN and The Athletic that they’ll be max 25% capacity to allow for distancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

My Buddy who lives here in Villages has Atlanta Falcons tix and he took the deal to opt out of this year and resume 2021. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Covid aside, it’s sounding more and more like the NFL will be another grand vehicle for politics. As a lifelong avid fan, this could be the year I #walkaway...

cant they just play football and leave the political BS out of it?

• Like 1

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

13 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Covid aside, it’s sounding more and more like the NFL will be another grand vehicle for politics. As a lifelong avid fan, this could be the year I #walkaway...

I'm with you on this. Brand new stadium and city... and I'm losing interest after being a fan for 52 years. 

• Like 1

How about them Cowboys

giphy.gif

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike and Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok Boomer

I don't think you will have to worry about them being political while playing football this year cause odds are they won't be playing.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

20 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

How about them Cowboys

giphy.gif

Also I am a cowboys fan who have not ever seen them be successful in the playoffs, I was born in Brazil and didn't start following football until the 2000s, So I picked my wife's team, was either them or my local team, the dreadful Lions.

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike and Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends.