Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Imagine what the game would look like with a first string caliber qb for Miami. Nothing against Thompson, he’s played hard and kept them close enough to win

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not going to lie didn't even realize the games were going on. 

With being in europe I am use to most games starting about now!

Figured that.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Great game between Buffalo and Miami.  

Doesn’t hurt that I won $$$ on a +600 on Knox to score the 1st TD and a 3 way SGP for +450

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm here wishing that Prescott does not throw a lot interceptions, and the Cowboys running game is sharp, let's get the ball away from Brady and hopefully finally beat him.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Kirk doing Kirk things. That Vikings team has been way to talented the past 6 years to not have a ring…..he might get ya there but damn he can’t get it done 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Kirk doing Kirk things. That Vikings team has been way to talented the past 6 years to not have a ring…..he might get ya there but damn he can’t get it done 

... I feel just a little sorry for teams with QB's like Cousins. He is better than 90% of the QB's that played in Chicago but I digress. You don't just get rid of a Cousins because the chances of finding someone better is pretty slim. I would make the same argument for several QB's around the league. As you stated, he might get you there but just can't elevate his game to a franchise QB when everyone knows he has to throw. Few can. When everything on the line he has a propensity to make a bad decision. Just soooooo many bad NFL QB's with a healthy handful of good QB's and elite QB's you can pretty much count with the fingers on one hand. It is s testament to how hard that position is at the highest level as an avalanche of truly great college QB's couldn't make it in the NFL. And why do many GM's use Ouiga Boards when drafting one.

... 9 GM's passed on Mahomes. In the 2000 draft GM's selected Chad Pennington in round 1, Giovanni Carmazzi/Chris Redman in round 3, Tee Martin in round 5 and Marc Burger/Spergon Wynn were takin in round 6 before the Patriots selected Brady. 😳

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I feel just a little sorry for teams with QB's like Cousins. He is better than 90% of the QB's that played in Chicago but I digress. You don't just get rid of a Cousins because the chances of finding someone better is pretty slim. I would make the same argument for several QB's around the league. As you stated, he might get you there but just can't elevate his game to a franchise QB when everyone knows he has to throw. Few can. When everything on the line he has a propensity to make a bad decision. Just soooooo many bad NFL QB's with a healthy handful of good QB's and elite QB's you can pretty much count with the fingers on one hand. It is s testament to how hard that position is at the highest level as an avalanche of truly great college QB's couldn't make it in the NFL. And why do many GM's use Ouiga Boards when drafting one.

... 9 GM's passed on Mahomes. In the 2000 draft GM's selected Chad Pennington in round 1, Giovanni Carmazzi/Chris Redman in round 3, Tee Martin in round 5 and Marc Burger/Spergon Wynn were takin in round 6 before the Patriots selected Brady. 😳

Yea it’s not even a bash really. I like the guy a lot and really feel bad. For me the last two throws were a full synopsis of his mental breakdown at the end of games where it’s all on the line. Can’t throw the ball when you HAVE to get 8 and when the receiver catches it he still needs to run for 7….easier said than down I know.

lol you don’t need to tell me about Brady. I lived it! It’s why I believe in the mental aspect, one could argue maybe Kirk had it and lost it with all the pressure and name of “choker”. Hey even Peyton manning was much of the same all those years he just couldn’t get to the big dance….until he did

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yea it’s not even a bash really. I like the guy a lot and really feel bad. For me the last two throws were a full synopsis of his mental breakdown at the end of games where it’s all on the line. Can’t throw the ball when you HAVE to get 8 and when the receiver catches it he still needs to run for 7

... I have never been a Kirk fan for the very reason you described. Another thing that drives me insane is QB's that take a sack on 4th down past the 50 yd line. You tell yourself before you even get the snap "I have to THROW IT because it is as good as a punt if I get picked". Being behind and taking a sack on 4th down at the end of a game is either just panic or incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have never been a Kirk fan for the very reason you described. Another thing that drives me insane is QB's that take a sack on 4th down past the 50 yd line. You tell yourself before you even get the snap "I have to THROW IT because it is as good as a punt if I get picked". Being behind and taking a sack on 4th down at the end of a game is either just panic or incompetence. 

That and how many DBs still pick it? Sooooooo many.

2 things a qb can make a good living just by following them:

1) you just described ir

2) get the ball to the damn sticks on 3rd or 4th downs if you’re passing 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Miami is a GOOD football team.  New season and I am not even a little bit surprised to see the Dolphins play us so tight.  Mike McDaniels is awesome and he is going to be trouble for the Bills this next decade.  Skylar played far better than any of us expected and made a game of it.  I have my own thoughts but I always revert to this…

When you’re a good football team, you can afford to make mistakes and still win.  The Bills from 10 years ago would have rolled over and died.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

2) get the ball to the damn sticks on 3rd or 4th downs if you’re passing 

... Sadly I have warned WR/RB's in the huddle to get to the sticks before making their break. It can get pretty hectic in the pocket and you can't see yardages from in there so you have to trust your receiver. Noting more frustrating than completing  a pass only to find your receiver broke off the route a couple yards short of the markers. Coaches wail seem them a new one Monday looking at film but the QB usually gets the blame from fans and media. Of course the QB also gets credit for many things they didn't do and it is just part of playing the position. Leaders say "WE needed to complete that 3rd down pass" prima donna say "MY receiver cut off his route or it would have been a first." The difference between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady imo.  

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Miami is a GOOD football team.  New season and I am not even a little bit surprised to see the Dolphins play us so tight.  Mike McDaniels is awesome and he is going to be trouble for the Bills this next decade.  Skylar played far better than any of us expected and made a game of it.  I have my own thoughts but I always revert to this…

When you’re a good football team, you can afford to make mistakes and still win.  The Bills from 10 years ago would have rolled over and died.

... Good stuff. My son made it simple. "Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to loose". 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Sadly I have warned WR/RB's in the huddle to get to the sticks before making their break. It can get pretty hectic in the pocket and you can't see yardages from in there so you have to trust your receiver. Noting more frustrating than completing  a pass only to find your receiver broke off the route a couple yards short of the markers. Coaches wail seem them a new one Monday looking at film but the QB usually gets the blame from fans and media. Of course the QB also gets credit for many things they didn't do and it is just part of playing the position. Leaders say "WE needed to complete that 3rd down pass" prima donna say "MY receiver cut off his route or it would have been a first." The difference between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady imo.  

Sign of a soft rb or wr that gets a rub and doesnt commit to a full route. QB needs to break a foot in their ass and they’ll finish the route every time. I think Diggs and Higgins are some of my favorite  redeivers (currently) for this reason, they are animal route runners and love the contact 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

16 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Agree with a lot of this post especially Miami is a GOOD Team.  Imagine if they were healthy.  
Josh Allen is very, very good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Good stuff. My son made it simple. "Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to loose". 

True That…

Now, how about those Giants!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great weekend of football. 

Anyone change their mind on who they felt would win it all now that wildcard weekend is over?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone change their mind on who they felt would win it all now that wildcard weekend is over?

Yep. I picked the Bills to win the whole thing at the start of the season. After watching them against Miami, I've changed my mind. I think it will be between the 9ers and Chiefs, with the Chiefs pulling out the win. I'm not sure anyone can stop KC's offense.

9ers chiefs for me still. I am curious what Tom does tonight…..can’t count him out ever

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Baltimore & Cincinnati was another division game that on paper, should have been a walk for Cincinnati...not the case...looked a lot like Buffalo & Miami.

After watching how the Bengals played last night I feel a lot better about playing them on Sunday.  I am still thinking Buffalo San Francisco...

I have tickets to Buffalo if they host the AFC Championship and a flight booked to Atlanta if its KC Buffalo.  One week at a time, it's one week seasons at this point.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Buffalo & Cincinnati looked vulnerable to me.
49ers looked better than I thought they would

Giants looked good.

Vikings not that good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I am curious what Tom does tonight…..can’t count him out ever

... Just can't let Taw-mee go huh?  😉

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Baltimore & Cincinnati was another division game that on paper, should have been a walk for Cincinnati...not the case...looked a lot like Buffalo & Miami.

... I put in a little money at the beginning of the year and like to bet for fun. Usually come out a little ahead at the end of the year or very close to even. This year I have lost my azz. Usually bet the Bears taking the line and this year they next to never covered. Then take some 3 game parlays picking teams that were favored by 14 or more points. 3 no brainer games and every week at least one heavily favored team loses. Just never seen it happen like that before this season. 

.... So I think it is truly a week to week adventure. What any team did this weekend has little to no relevance for next weekend. Hopefully since it is the playoffs with the best teams playing their best I am wrong, but it has been one crazy football season! 

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just can't let Taw-mee go huh?  😉

I’m on the side of being pissed with the organization and how they handled their business but also how Tom handled it too. 
I get him wanting to get paid as he should but also looking at it from the aspect of you accomplished so much I would want to stay with where I started…..

Wish he was still here lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I’m on the side of being pissed with the organization and how they handled their business but also how Tom handled it too. 
I get him wanting to get paid as he should but also looking at it from the aspect of you accomplished so much I would want to stay with where I started…..

I will never root for Tom Brady, and certainly never root for the Patriots, all the way back to their days as the Boston Patriots, with Babe Parilli at QB. In tonight’s game, it would be beautiful if both teams could lose the game; my wife wholeheartedly agrees with me on this, and if there is anyone who dislikes TB more than I do, it’s my wife!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Just now, Lacassem said:

... Yup, even great players staying with one team their entire career seems like a bygone era. Even worse when they play for a rival. Rodgers anywhere but GB, Mahomes anywhere but KC and Allen anywhere but Buffalo, and a few more years down the road Burrow and Herbert leaving, seems like they could all be sued by fans in Civil Court. 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, Rickp said:

Buffalo & Cincinnati looked vulnerable to me.
49ers looked better than I thought they would

Giants looked good.

Vikings not that good.

The Bills and Bengals are most definitely vulnerable in these playoffs, and right now it is very difficult to envision either of those teams beating the Chiefs, if they face KC in the Conference Championship Game (as a Buffalo Bills fan, you can’t imagine how painful it is for me to type that!).

I don’t know what has happened to Josh Allen this season, but he has truly regressed from last season, IMHO. I can’t blame the poor decisions on his pass play selection on the elbow injury, although I do think that it is a factor in several of his fumbles in recent weeks, including yesterday.  Another thing that is really troubling when it comes to the Bills is the inability of their defense to wrap up and tackle runners and receivers. In particular, their defensive backs have looked pathetic lately when it comes to tackling. As a guy who played strong safety most of my football career, this is totally unacceptable, and I hope that Leslie Frazer (Bills Defensive Coordinator) is relaying that message to his guys in no uncertain terms!

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I don’t know what has happened to Josh Allen this season, but he has truly regressed from last season, IMHO. I can’t blame the poor decisions on his pass play selection on the elbow injury, although I do think that it is a factor in several of his fumbles in recent weeks, including yesterday.

... When you think of the greatest QB's to ever play the game like Brady, Brees, Manning and Montanna, none of them had great arms. Crazy accurate and mentally superior they never relied on a strong arm to complete passes most wouldn't attempt. Jay Cutler, Jeff George, Matthew Stafford and Favre (all time interception leader) come to mind because they could make any throw at anytime and were never out of a game. But sooner or later those arms always got them into trouble, and often at the worst possible times. I put Allen in that category. 4 out of 5 times they can make an amazing strong arm throw into a tight window or 60+ yds down field... but the 5th is a pick. Hard to blame them when they have been successful their entire lives making those throws. When winning it is easy for Allen to play under control, but when behind and needing a big play it has to be tough to ignore your amazing ability to throw the ball but instead make the smart choice. I never minded Cutlers interception, but his fumbles killed the Bears and it always came when he held the ball too long or escaped the pocket and his attention was downfield anticipating a big play he could pull off regularly, but lose track of the rush around him and defensive players soon learned they could slap the ball away. 

... It is the reason I think Mahomes is a freak athlete that will one day hold every QB record in the books. He just has everything and I think he is a combination of the best of Brees/Brady/Montana/Cutler with his own unique skill of throwing accurately from the most impossible physical positions. I marvel at him every time he plays.  

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Yup, even great players staying with one team their entire career seems like a bygone era. Even worse when they play for a rival. Rodgers anywhere but GB, Mahomes anywhere but KC and Allen anywhere but Buffalo, and a few more years down the road Burrow and Herbert leaving, seems like they could all be sued by fans in Civil Court. 

Yea it really isn’t the case anymore, I blame Lebron James lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yea it really isn’t the case anymore, I blame Lebron James lol

... Amen, that press conference was the most tone deaf and selfish act maybe ever for a professional athlete. 

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... When you think of the greatest QB's to ever play the game like Brady, Brees, Manning and Montanna, none of them had great arms. Crazy accurate and mentally superior they never relied on a strong arm to complete passes most wouldn't attempt. Jay Cutler, Jeff George, Matthew Stafford and Favre (all time interception leader) come to mind because they could make any throw at anytime and were never out of a game. But sooner or later those arms always got them into trouble, and often at the worst possible times. I put Allen in that category. 4 out of 5 times they can make an amazing strong arm throw into a tight window or 60+ yds down field... but the 5th is a pick. Hard to blame them when they have been successful their entire lives making those throws. When winning it is easy for Allen to play under control, but when behind and needing a big play it has to be tough to ignore your amazing ability to throw the ball but instead make the smart choice. I never minded Cutlers interception, but his fumbles killed the Bears and it always came when he held the ball too long or escaped the pocket and his attention was downfield anticipating a big play he could pull off regularly, but lose track of the rush around him and defensive players soon learned they could slap the ball away. 

... It is the reason I think Mahomes is a freak athlete that will one day hold every QB record in the books. He just has everything and I think he is a combination of the best of Brees/Brady/Montana/Cutler with his own unique skill of throwing accurately from the most impossible physical positions. I marvel at him every time he plays.  

Fair points, but I would never categorize Allen with QBs like Jeff George or Jay Cutler. The last two seasons, I did not see him attempting those high-risk passes nearly as often as I have seen him do this season (and almost not at all in the 2021-22 season). This is where I think he’s regressed. Perhaps Ken Dorsey is allowing more of those plays for Allen than Brian Daboll was, or maybe Allen is just getting a bit too daring/full of himself (I hope not, BTW!) Based on what I’ve seen from him last year, he certainly knows when to throw the ball away rather than risk the pick, but this year he’s been taking the high-risk option far too often (almost exclusively in recent games). This troubles me more than a little!

Spoiler