NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

9 hours ago, BadgerGolfer said:

All I'm saying is be consistent. You don't let it go in the 1st half and then call it at the end of the game. The refs influenced the outcome, no question.

Relax. You’ve said the exact same thing three times now, we get it, and others have explained why we disagree. Saying it a fourth time isn’t to going to change anyone’s view, but go for it...

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m “TOT”, Tired of Tom.... I will be cheering for the AFC this year. I’ve never had a chance to cheer for my Lions, so it’s always “someone else’s team”.

Maybe one day............ Yeah, probably not. It’s the Lions.

I'll be rooting for a meteor to take them both out... lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tiger, Tom... two greats that a lot of people hate.  I’m convinced that people don’t like other people to succeed in life.  I really do not like OSU or Bama... but I 100% respect their ability to consistently churn out top football teams.  

It’s time to just enjoy the show that these athletes put on instead of hollering at the TV all the time. 

• Like 3

I'm staying out of the officials call thing - Allowing a guy to catch a 53 yard TD pass with a second left in the half and then fumbling the ball deep in your own territory to start the second half?  The refs didn't do that.

Being unable to protect your QB consistently all day and eschewing the run while it was working fairly well and never throwing a screen?  The refs didn't do that.

Kicking a field goal with the ball on the 8 yard line and giving the ball back to Tom Brad with less than 3 minutes were left in the game.  That is up there with one of the worst examples of game management that I have ever seen.  Unless someone saw a ref handing the Packer's coaching staff a stack of 20's on the sideline that wasn't there fault either.

No wonder Rogers in up in the air with what he's going to do going forward today.  

I was flabbergasted at the way the Packers shot themselves in the foot all day.  Some of that credit belongs to the Bucs as well - they have great receivers, their defense was as tenacious as modern rules allow and there's not much you can say about the clutch performance of their QB on third down or O-line in consistently giving him enough time to complete down field passes.

You loose because you loose

• Like 5

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

The potential amount of movement of starting QBs this offseason is going to be crazy... never mind having 2-3 (if not more) 1st rounders starting right out of the gate.

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The potential amount of movement of starting QBs this offseason is going to be crazy... never mind having 2-3 (if not more) 1st rounders starting right out of the gate.

It’s all they’re discussing on sports hub, it’s awsome lol. Spend bill spend!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

40 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It’s all they’re discussing on sports hub, it’s awsome lol. Spend bill spend!

I'll believe that when I see it, would love some good pickups but they rarely actually spend that money. All the movement should be fun and one mock draft I saw today had 5 first round QBs including Mac Jones to the Pats which is not my favorite idea.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

I'll believe that when I see it, would love some good pickups but they rarely actually spend that money. All the movement should be fun and one mock draft I saw today had 5 first round QBs including Mac Jones to the Pats which is not my favorite idea.

Nearly $60m in space and no QB, no WR of note and no TE who can make a play?

Yeah BB will spend. Just a matter of where, based on the QB situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Nearly $60m in space and no QB, no WR of note and no TE who can make a play?

Yeah BB will spend. Just a matter of where, based on the QB situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still worrying this is the year he spends it on another guard.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

7 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Still worrying this is the year he spends it on another guard.

2 on the Oline are up he’ll keep andrews and let thuney go. 
it’s not like bill has not spent before, Brady in the big dance is going to fuel that fire and he’s gonna make some moves but like @russtopherbsaid it’s going to hinge on what QB is caling the plays.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

2 on the Oline are up he’ll keep andrews and let thuney go. 
it’s not like bill has not spent before, Brady in the big dance is going to fuel that fire and he’s gonna make some moves but like @russtopherbsaid it’s going to hinge on what QB is caling the plays.

For sure the QB is everything now 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

For sure the QB is everything now 

There are SO many different ways this could work out for the Patriots. The next few months are going to be interesting. And a lot of it hinges on what happens with other teams/QBs. Do the 49ers make a move that results in Jimmy G being traded or cut, so the Pats can bring him back? Should be an easy re-acclimation into the offense, if he stays healthy. A solid O-line could be helpful there. A re-worked contract keeps enough money open for a solid WR target or two, or maybe Hunter Henry at TE. Draft someone like Jaylen Waddle, who's been linked to the Pats in a number of mock drafts, and all of a sudden the offense is back in play.

But then there's the draft itself - what happens with teams who might move up after moving a QB like the Texans or Lions? What do the Jets do with their pick and Darnold? A bunch of QBs being traded or released makes things crazy interesting. What happens in Chicago with Trubisky? Does he improve with better more consistent coaching on a team like New England? Or do the Pats go after a reclamation project like Minshew for the same reasons, and improve at other positions with that cap space?

I know a lot of folks are high on Mac Jones because he reminds everyone of a young Brady - calm under pressure, intelligent, no mobility. Is he worth a 1st round pick, can he be a franchise QB? Maybe... maybe not. But having a QB on a rookie contract gives the Pats way more room to sign solid players to surround him and make him a lot more successful.

• Like 1

What-cha-ma-jerky from ESPN says, in his mock draft 1.0, that the Lions will take Justin Fields at 7... I hope he’s wrong. 
My Lions just need to trade Stafford for the max number of picks possible since they only have 5 picks this year to start with, and there are holes all OVER the place. Thanks “QuinnTricia” for sinking the franchise lower with all of your “Patriot Ways”....

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

With that kind of precedent can you imagine what the Texans are going to get for Deshaun Watson?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 hour ago, TBT said:

With that kind of precedent can you imagine what the Texans are going to get for Deshaun Watson?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Honestly I can't believe they gave up so much for a side grade. Goof sucks but Stafford is a shell of his former self, and in my opinion was carried by Megatron. The Rams give up first rounders like the Knicks do, crazy. We'll (Lions) probably draft another running back or a tight end, lol.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

After watching the Eagles coaches presser I am sorry they didn't hire Bieniemy or Leftwich.

• Like 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thinking that this trade is a HOME RUN or an ACE in golf terms for the Lions.

As a lifelong Detroit area resident, it has been far too long that this franchise operated without a "real" football minded front office, and with the diverse group they have put into place since the firing of the failed "Patriot's Way" regime, actually gives me hope that they have an actual plan in place to make this franchise a relevant football organization in the next 3 - 5 years.

Stafford going to the Rams will allow them to be better than they were with Goff, he never had enough talent around him here in all aspects of the game to be part of a "complete team" in the past. To me it seems that the Rams went with a win now mindset as they do have a great defense, and have enough talent on the offense to compliment Stafford's arrival.

The Rams eventually will end up paying a price for lack of draft choices going forward, but they seemed to have managed to stay relevant as a good team the last 4 years without a first round pick.

Personally, I hope it works out for both organizations going forward.

Uncertain if Watson gets moved? He is under contract, and thinking that the only team with enough capital and cap space would be the Jets, and that team needs more than a QB to be considered a good team at this time.

• Like 1

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phanthom 5.5

Ball: Pro V1

On 8/24/2018 at 4:56 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

I totally agree, Rev.

In New England, they can't get forty kids to field a team.  Schools have had to drop their freshman and JV programs, and the varsity programs could come next.  Parents are simply not letting their kids play.

It seems to fall on socio-political lines.  Football still flourishes in parts of the nation with different views than ours on other things as well.  Just an observation.

Fortunately for me, I'm not a football fan.  I'm a Patriots fan. 

When the Brady / Belichick era is officially over, the Red Sox and boxing will be my complete sports-watching experience,

😂

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x