NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

This has to be an early April Fool's joke.... it just has to be.
image.png.7d88acae10333e88ae704dafd50afa30.png

Well, looks like I’m golfing on Sunday’s well into the fall!

The Pats were nearly unwatchable last year. Hopefully they know something we don’t, because that offense was putrid.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Y'all realize a one year incentive laden deal makes it very easy to cut him, right?

Could be they trade up in the 1st for Trey Lance and he watches & learns then takes over. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Y'all realize a one year incentive laden deal makes it very easy to cut him, right?
Could be they trade up in the 1st for Trey Lance and he watches & learns then takes over. 

But the fact they they even signed him shows they’re still interested in him... which they shouldn’t be. Dude can’t throw anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

But the fact they they even signed him shows they’re still interested in him... which they shouldn’t be. Dude can’t throw anymore.

Yeah no kidding. But you still need a vet there if you're going to draft a QB high. Would you rather Hoyer be that guy? I don't think so. Plus as FA opens, if there's literally *no* QB option in place, what WR or TE is going to want to sign in NE? 

• Like 2

Yeah no kidding. But you still need a vet there if you're going to draft a QB high. Would you rather Hoyer be that guy? I don't think so. Plus as FA opens, if there's literally *no* QB option in place, what WR or TE is going to want to sign in NE? 

Hoyer isn’t a bad coach. But I understand what you’re saying. I’m just not sure Newton has the pull he used to for those guys anyway.

I pray they have other plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I am fine with it as long as he is a place holder. Could he have been hurting still?, possibly....

I just hope hes a place holder lol.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I am fine with it as long as he is a place holder. Could he have been hurting still?, possibly....

I just hope hes a place holder lol.

Once the contract details come out, everyone will have a better idea. Heavy on incentives? He's there to either mentor or be cut when the timing is right. If there's a bunch guaranteed.... ehhhhhhh. Either way with all the cap space they have, they can add another QB either through the draft or via trade. If Jimmy G is still their Plan A and they're dead set on him, odds are the 49ers won't be able to trade for Darnold (who they supposedly want) until close to the draft. And since they can't bring Darnold in until then, they won't deal Jimmy G until they have that deal finalized. Just tossing stuff I've seen rumoured out there, I don't think anyone is expecting Cam to start 16 games this season. 

At least I hope not....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Once the contract details come out, everyone will have a better idea. Heavy on incentives? He's there to either mentor or be cut when the timing is right. If there's a bunch guaranteed.... ehhhhhhh. Either way with all the cap space they have, they can add another QB either through the draft or via trade. If Jimmy G is still their Plan A and they're dead set on him, odds are the 49ers won't be able to trade for Darnold (who they supposedly want) until close to the draft. And since they can't bring Darnold in until then, they won't deal Jimmy G until they have that deal finalized. Just tossing stuff I've seen rumoured out there, I don't think anyone is expecting Cam to start 16 games this season. 

At least I hope not....

Never know with Bill. I never thought he would wave bye to TB either lol, or not start your #1 corner in a superbowl so I am skeptical at best

I am still trying to figure out what happened after he had COVID week 3 or whatever it was. Did the defense really figure him out or was COVID a factor and really put a damper on his progress? 

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

14 million for 1 year.... good grief. what a waste.

he's a one dimensional player. would have rather signed another offensive lineman for that price.

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Never know with Bill. I never thought he would wave bye to TB either lol, or not start your #1 corner in a superbowl so I am skeptical at best

I am still trying to figure out what happened after he had COVID week 3 or whatever it was. Did the defense really figure him out or was COVID a factor and really put a damper on his progress? 

Mike Giardi is reporting that this deal is HEAVY on incentives, and it's structured in a way that makes it very easy for the Pats to bring in another QB.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I don’t think Covid has anything to do with his throwing motion. 

Just now, B.Boston said:

Yeah his shoulder is nowhere close to what it used to be. Way too many balls hitting the turf 5 yards short last season.

Still - if this means there's a plan in place to move up to like, let's say the top 7 and grab Lance and give him an older version of himself as his mentor under Josh and BB, I'm 100% fine with it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Never been a good thrower in that aspect, but it could have messed with his whole game. He could barely run, first couple weeks it was decent and looked okay in the pocket. After that is was 💩 top to bottom

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Well, looks like I’m golfing on Sunday’s well into the fall!

The Pats were nearly unwatchable last year. Hopefully they know something we don’t, because that offense was putrid.

Maybe the tee times will be a bit more available at 1pm and 4pm so we can get out there and listen to them suck on the radio instead of wasting 3 hours of our Sunday’s...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stankycheese said:

Maybe the tee times will be a bit more available at 1pm and 4pm so we can get out there and listen to them suck on the radio instead of wasting 3 hours of our Sunday’s...

Sounds good to me! Haha

• Like 1

Per Mike Garafolo, here's the breakdown on Newton's contract:

$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses

The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.

That's barely backup money. Easy to cut or absorb if he's on the bench while mentoring a young QB from the draft. Lots of ado about nothing.

I also think Newton is still a fine starting QB. He just needs help on offense. He had literally no one to throw to last year and he accounted for 40% of NE's total touchdowns on offense last year, which was most in the league by a significant margin.

NE needs to draft well and use the most cap space in the league to bring in some actual weapons on offense for Newton to throw to and they'll definitely be better than 7-9.

Per Mike Garafolo, here's the breakdown on Newton's contract:
$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses
The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.
That's barely backup money. Easy to cut or absorb if he's on the bench while mentoring a young QB from the draft. Lots of ado about nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bills fan here...Another season of Cam Newton?

26jm38.jpg

• Haha 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index