Jump to content

NFL thread! What are you thinking?


Sluggo42

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That would actually be a pretty cool Monday Night Football game.  Hopefully with someone NOT named Cam Newton under center.  

I have to think Brady returning to Gillette will also be a prime time game.  Pretty sure it's his chance to beat every team in the NFL.  Only think that would make it better is if both teams are coming off a bye and there's two weeks of Bill vs Brady leading up to it.  Something in late NOV would be pretty cool.

They are talking about late November on 98.5 Sounded like Zolak had some insider info on that game....

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atlanta I still think should have done a reset at the draft. For as much as I like Ryan and Julio and many others on the team it was a great opportunity to reset and look their future. The chances of them finding a replacement for Ryan now is going to be tough or they are going to need to get a project much like Carolina did with Darnold, which isn't all that appealing. 
I have a better time routing for a underdog team with young players, then a team which I feel has reached its peak and is grasping for something that really won't be that attainable. Even if Pitts may be a Fanatasy Beast in the future. 

  • Like 1

 ⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being from Georgia I've always cheered for the Falcons (nobody say 28-3, please) but after being an athlete at Georgia Southern and getting really involved with the Athletic Department I find myself cheering for friends of mine or just GS guys in general more than I do the Falcons. Falcons kicker Younghoe Koo played when I was at GS as did Jerick McKinnon and Matt Breida. I'll be following the Bills big time this year with Breida going there to join Tyler Bass. 

  • Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Atlanta I still think should have done a reset at the draft. For as much as I like Ryan and Julio and many others on the team it was a great opportunity to reset and look their future. The chances of them finding a replacement for Ryan now is going to be tough or they are going to need to get a project much like Carolina did with Darnold, which isn't all that appealing. 
I have a better time routing for a underdog team with young players, then a team which I feel has reached its peak and is grasping for something that really won't be that attainable. Even if Pitts may be a Fanatasy Beast in the future. 

A lot of people in Atlanta are ready for Ryan to be on his way out honestly. Pitts was a great pick but you're right, the time to get the QB of the future was this year.

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Josh Ross said:

A lot of people in Atlanta are ready for Ryan to be on his way out honestly. Pitts was a great pick but you're right, the time to get the QB of the future was this year.

I have been an Atlanta fan since I started watching football way back and can remember being so excited for when they drafted Ryan and the potential he had as well as his first bomb TD to Michael Jenkins so it would be sad to see him go. He provided so many good memories and took us out of a very rough stretch, but sometimes its best to know to move on. Even trading back and getting Fields or Jones would have been good. 
Either way it will be a interesting few seasons and to see if Julio makes it to the season without being traded. Or another really bad season and good draft pick next year?

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

A lot of people in Atlanta are ready for Ryan to be on his way out honestly. Pitts was a great pick but you're right, the time to get the QB of the future was this year.

I was thinking this would have been the year for Matty to make it back to Mass and finish his career in New England, Guess not.

  • Like 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I have been an Atlanta fan since I started watching football way back and can remember being so excited for when they drafted Ryan and the potential he had as well as his first bomb TD to Michael Jenkins so it would be sad to see him go. He provided so many good memories and took us out of a very rough stretch, but sometimes its best to know to move on. Even trading back and getting Fields or Jones would have been good. 
Either way it will be a interesting few seasons and to see if Julio makes it to the season without being traded. Or another really bad season and good draft pick next year?

I just can't help but think we missed out this year. The top QBs this year are better than anyone coming out next year.

  • Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Josh Ross said:

I just can't help but think we missed out this year. The top QBs this year are better than anyone coming out next year.

I haven't looked at the draft class for next year. I still wish someone like Josh Rosen (I know he likely will not be good at all or ever be a starter) would have been good to have at least as someone to groom behind Ryan as a bridge to make this strategy more viable. 

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I was thinking this would have been the year for Matty to make it back to Mass and finish his career in New England, Guess not.

Dont you wish that on us.....

image.jpeg.fa4d714bb9a728bcfee987d7da3fa1a7.jpeg

  • Haha 3

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Dont you wish that on us.....

image.jpeg.fa4d714bb9a728bcfee987d7da3fa1a7.jpeg

hahaha, cmon, the guy is a solid QB stuck on one of the most poorly coached teams in the league.  

  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

hahaha, cmon, the guy is a solid QB stuck on one of the most poorly coached teams in the league.  

I don't think there is any doubt in his talents. He has been a great team leader and put up massive stats over the years and taken the franchise to new levels. However if you look at the whole roster I can't see them competing for the championship so why continue down this road when you can reset and build a contender for the future.

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bens197 said:

hahaha, cmon, the guy is a solid QB stuck on one of the most poorly coached teams in the league.  

Hes just so lackluster for me, I swear (sorry @Josh Ross) for about 3 months after the 28-3 debacle our local radio show had Brady's pre gmae huddle speech and Ryan's pre game huddle speech on loop, it was night and day  lol, and while he is still "young" hes aging in the league, not what we need.

I also am skeptical at your Buffalo Bill fan tactics.....Tell you what you can have Newton if we get Ryan and you can trade away Allen? 😀

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

That would actually be a pretty cool Monday Night Football game.  Hopefully with someone NOT named Cam Newton under center.  

I have to think Brady returning to Gillette will also be a prime time game.  Pretty sure it's his chance to beat every team in the NFL.  Only think that would make it better is if both teams are coming off a bye and there's two weeks of Bill vs Brady leading up to it.  Something in late NOV would be pretty cool.

I would say keep Cam but beating NE with him under center must have been how you guys felt playing Buffalo during the Jauron years.  Or the Chan Gailey years, or the Mularkey years or, well you get my point...

Mac will be an interesting scenario.  He's used to control freak coach so maybe he'll be decent under BB.

  • Like 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I don't think there is any doubt in his talents. He has been a great team leader and put up massive stats over the years and taken the franchise to new levels. However if you look at the whole roster I can't see them competing for the championship so why continue down this road when you can reset and build a contender for the future.

Realistically speaking there's no way they win the East with this team.  Hope for a wild card but even then you're competing against a lot of really good teams that are already ready.

  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Hes just so lackluster for me, I swear (sorry @Josh Ross) for about 3 months after the 28-3 debacle our local radio show had Brady's pre gmae huddle speech and Ryan's pre game huddle speech on loop, it was night and day  lol, and while he is still "young" hes aging in the league, not what we need.

I also am skeptical at your Buffalo Bill fan tactics.....Tell you what you can have Newton if we get Ryan and you can trade away Allen? 😀

All I see is hey, do you want to play Pebble today or eat some broken glass?

  • Haha 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The Browns have the best team they've had since the mid-'80s. The question will be can all the new parts added on defense stay healthy and congeal quickly into a cohesive unit that can stop the run-first QBs that killed them last year. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lions, baby!!! YES!!! Looking at ANOTHER 7-9 season!!!! Woooooo-hooooooo!!!!

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been a ride Julio... Thanks for all the memories, but now truly am regretting Atlanta not going full rebuild. Watch out Titans and AJ may have a bit less fantasy value.

  • Like 1

 ⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Been a ride Julio... Thanks for all the memories, but now truly am regretting Atlanta not going full rebuild. Watch out Titans and AJ may have a bit less fantasy value.

I hear you. At the same time they couldn't really trade him until after June 1. Kyle Pitts will fill the void long term paired with Ridley. Go QB in the next year or two and ATL will have a strong nucleus of skill-position players for the future.

  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was born in Michigan and moved to South Florida when I was fairly young. My parents would drop me off at Dolphins training camp when I was in my teens. I am primarily a Dolphins fan but also still follow and support the Lions.  Excited and hopeful for the Dolphins, still very concerned about the Lions.

  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...