Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yes it does but I am not mad.

First off, I am a big fan of John Hussey's crew.  I've said it all season, he doesn't throw a lot of flags.  There were plenty of times that I saw Mahomes take a hit that could have easily been a flag if another crew were on the field.  Same goes for Buffalo and quite honestly, I would rather see some flow, especially since you could easily make a call for a penalty on every single play.

They didn't lose because of the officials.

They didn't lose because of the OT rules.

They lost because their defense was terrible.  Tremaine Edmunds looks lost on the field and quite honestly, I do not understand why he gets so much attention for his play.  He is always a step behind, walking into tackles when a teammate has already made the play.

Josh Allen is phenomenal.  It is so aggravating to lose this way and yet, I am so happy knowing our future is bright with this kid on our roster.  The Bills lost in spite of his performance.  

• Like 6
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5 / Testing Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Official 1/12 testers for 2022 L.A.B. Golf Putters

Western, NY

5.8 Index

First time in a long time that I have watched such a great weekend of football.  I usually lose interest after my team is out (Colts).  But with how exciting these games have been, I'm eager to watch more playoff football next week.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

First off, I am a big fan of John Hussey's crew.  I've said it all season, he doesn't throw a lot of flags.  There were plenty of times that I saw Mahomes take a hit that could have easily been a flag if another crew were on the field.  Same goes for Buffalo and quite honestly, I would rather see some flow, especially since you could easily make a call for a penalty on every single play.

They lost because their defense was terrible.  Tremaine Edmunds looks lost on the field and quite honestly, I do not understand why he gets so much attention for his play.  He is always a step behind, walking into tackles when a teammate has already made the play.

Josh Allen is phenomenal.  It is so aggravating to lose this way and yet, I am so happy knowing our future is bright with this kid on our roster.  The Bills lost in spite of his performance.  

The only change to OT would be both Teams get 1 possession each.

right on about the Defense 😱 

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Last night was a tough one with the Bills and Chiefs in this household because I had classmates on both teams. Here's to hoping Jerick McKinnon and the Chiefs pull it off!

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: Maxfli TourX (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

13 hours ago, bens197 said:

That one still stings…

As a football fan all 4 games were incredible with a cherry on top with the final Bills Vs Chiefs. The game as absolutely fantastic, but I feel for ya man, tough one to drop.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Tacking was tough, KC is tough enough to wrap up but when you let hill and CEH break multiple on a single play, gonna be a long night

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

29 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Tacking was tough, KC is tough enough to wrap up but when you let hill and CEH break multiple on a single play, gonna be a long night

It was painful.  I laid in bed numb till about 2 am just thinking how in the world did that happen.  

I've never been that guy who's emotionally attached to a franchise.  I love my Bills and my Sabres and I've been with them for decades.  For some strange reason, this one just hit different...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Western, NY

5.8 Index

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It was painful.  I laid in bed numb till about 2 am just thinking how in the world did that happen.  

I've never been that guy who's emotionally attached to a franchise.  I love my Bills and my Sabres and I've been with them for decades.  For some strange reason, this one just hit different...

How could it not hurt! 13 seconds left and you know you won. But no, how the heck did that happen. Then you lose the coin toss. The way the defense was folding on both sides whoever won the coin toss was going to win. A 50 -50 shot and it was the kiss of death.

• Like 3

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

How could it not hurt! 13 seconds left and you know you won. But no, how the heck did that happen. Then you lose the coin toss. The way the defense was folding on both sides whoever won the coin toss was going to win. A 50 -50 shot and it was the kiss of death.

Some have pointed out the Bills could have improved their chances of winning if they'd kicked off deep but in field that last time - forcing the Chiefs to receive starting the clock running down from 0:13. We will never know, but it seems like a significant mistake. That said, Allen and Mahomes are the most promising QBs in the league right now, it would have been sad for either to lose.

As much as I totally enjoyed the Bills v Chiefs, the other games weren't that great IMO other than being decided at the end. Has there ever been a divisional round where all four games were decided by a FG in the last few seconds? Three outright, and to secure a tie leading to an OT win in the fourth game...bizarre.

I don't see any reason to change the NFL OT rules. Let college have the everyone wins a ribbon version of OT. If you want to win outright, both teams have 60 minutes to do so. Winning a coin toss doesn't guarantee a win at all - teams have to perform in all three phases, not just everybody gets a crack at offense in OT. Defense has a chance to stop them, to let their offense try to score. YMMV If you see it otherwise, that's fine too.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Winning a coin toss doesn't guarantee a win at all - teams have to perform in all three phases, not just everybody gets a crack at offense in OT. Defense has a chance to stop them, to let their offense try to score. YMMV If you see it otherwise, that's fine too.

Statistics disagree with you, it certainly does.  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-overtime-playoff-games-history/v2ac7w5vi1xr1ufwe68uu37d8

Western, NY

5.8 Index

18 hours ago, bens197 said:

I saw that. But it wasn’t quite as lopsided as the title suggests. Did you notice that the winning team who won the coin toss didn’t score on their first drive in 4 of those 11 - for those who argue both sides should have a chance on offense. “Teams that have won the coin toss have won the game on the first possession of OT seven times. That means that winning the coin toss isn't an automatic overtime W.”

Did you also notice it’s almost even for regular season OT, the coin toss only results in a win 53% of the time and it’s only won with a first drive touchdown about 25% of the time?

You’re welcome to another POV, as I’ve noted several times. I’ve had enough of this topic…

Under the current overtime rules the win-loss record for teams that win the coin toss is 86-67-10, per NFL Research. There is an advantage to winning the coin toss, but just at 52.8%. But, and this is an interesting but, if you just look at playoff games, the team that wins the coin flip has won 10 out of 11 games. Seven of those wins came on the first drive and didn’t give the other team a chance. So that’s the number we probably want to focus on.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/1/24/22899288/nfl-overtime-rules-coin-flip-odds-win-loss-playoffs-regular-season

A few years ago I would have agreed the OT rule was fine with defense having an even playing field to stop the offense.  However, since so many rule changes promote offense and scoring and put the defense at a disadvantage intentionally I think it has evolved to be fair to give both offenses an opportunity to score and then if still tie make it a first score wins scenario.  

• Like 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just thought I'd add that the playoff games do not seem to get called as close as the regular season games which is great in my opinion.  But that doesn't mean the defenses adjust to play more physically than their regular season mode of playing.  If I was a coach I'd scout the refs and see what their playoff tendencies are and play early as aggressive on defense as possible until they started making a call or two to find the 'line' and then back off a bit for the rest of the game.  In OT I'd get my players just over that 'line' again and make the refs make a call.  Might work and might not, but my preference would be to play aggressive on defense.

• Like 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

7 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

A few years ago I would have agreed the OT rule was fine with defense having an even playing field to stop the offense.  However, since so many rule changes promote offense and scoring and put the defense at a disadvantage intentionally I think it has evolved to be fair to give both offenses an opportunity to score and then if still tie make it a first score wins scenario.  

After a full 60 minutes of equal opportunity, you’re advocating another equal opportunity (both sides one offensive drive), but then sudden death? Not sure I follow those who want extended equal opportunity, but then sudden death. Then some will be arguing the team that got two offensive drives in OT was given an unfair advantage? 

2 minutes ago, Middler said:

After a full 60 minutes of equal opportunity, you’re advocating another equal opportunity (both sides one offensive drive), but then sudden death? Not sure I follow those who want extended equal opportunity, but then sudden death. Then some will be arguing the team that got two offensive drives in OT was given an unfair advantage? 

It's another POV....

I thought you were done with this topic?!?!  🤣  Like me when I say I am done experimenting with driver shafts!  

Baseball has extra innings to detrmine a winner because it's not a timed game.

Football is a timed game and if nobody wins in 60 minutes, regular seson games should end in ties.

That should go for all sports that are about attacking and defending goals under a running clock--basketball, hockey, soccer, rugby, lacrosse, polo, etc.

As for nobofy winning a post season game in 60 minutes, then fairness is no longer an issue.  The original sudden death rule was good enough before they changed it.  You had 60 minutes to win the game but didn't.  Now you're subject to luck.

There's nothing unfair about it.

Maybe they should do away with the coin flip.  The team that wins the time of possession in regulation gets the ball first in OT, then at least they earned the first shot at scoring.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Middler said:

I saw that. But it wasn’t quite as lopsided as the title suggests. Did you notice that the winning team who won the coin toss didn’t score on their first drive in 4 of those 11 - for those who argue both sides should have a chance on offense. “Teams that have won the coin toss have won the game on the first possession of OT seven times. That means that winning the coin toss isn't an automatic overtime W.”

Did you also notice it’s almost even for regular season OT, the coin toss only results in a win 53% of the time and it’s only won with a first drive touchdown about 25% of the time?

You’re welcome to another POV, as I’ve noted several times. I’ve had enough of this topic…

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/1/24/22899288/nfl-overtime-rules-coin-flip-odds-win-loss-playoffs-regular-season

If you read my original post on the topic, I blamed Buffalo's loss on poor defense...they were abysmal.  Even after some postgame clarity, I still don't resent the league for these rules even if they are awful.  Buffalo lost and they lost because of poor defense and poor coaching.

As far as my rebuttal?...You were very matter of fact saying it doesn't guarantee a win at all...10/11 in the playoffs is enough of a trend to say it's clearly an advantage.

• Like 1

Western, NY

5.8 Index

56 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Maybe they should do away with the coin flip.  The team that wins the time of possession in regulation gets the ball first in OT, then at least they earned the first shot at scoring.

Just add 15 minutes and play until it's 0:00 and someone has a lead.  If they're tied after the first OT, add another 15 and do it again.  

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Western, NY

5.8 Index