TESTERS WANTED! ×

Speed Trap First Impessions

So I was on the inter web last weekend and I stumbled upon the Speed Trap from Eyeline Golf. I felt it looked like a great swing training aid and I had to have it. It arrived yesterday and I took it out for its initial test. I have to say I was impressed and humbled at the same time. I found it to be a very effective tool and really helped me get rid of my occasional over the top swing. The foam rods are durable and you can move them in or out to make it more challenging. After 10 swings or so I was able to get in a real nice grove. Has anyone had any experience with the speed trap, good or bad? I am excited to get it out again and go at it with all four rods attached. Seems like the base would be decent for putting as well. IMG_1393.JPG

Sent from my iPhoneIMG_1394.JPG

That would freak me out. But is nonetheless intriguing.

So, out of curiosity, what does it do when you bang into one of those red probes??? :wacko:

They are Just on the base with Velcro, just fly off if struck. Only downside I can see is if you are hitting the rods consistently would not be good on a busy range. They can fly 25 feet or so.

Sent from my iPhone

Velcro? Pool noodles cut at an angle? Looks like another episode of "Can I DIY a training aid?"

(After I finish the SuperSpeed sticks I'm building.)

I've also been intrigued by this setup, so I appreciate your brief review.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Velcro? Pool noodles cut at an angle? Looks like another episode of "Can I DIY a training aid?"

(After I finish the SuperSpeed sticks I'm building.)

I've also been intrigued by this setup, so I appreciate your brief review.

Would be a pretty simple build. I have seen your SuperSpeed post and am intrigued. I picked it up on Amazon for $65 which is high for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone

So I was on the inter web last weekend and I stumbled upon the Speed Trap from Eyeline Golf. I felt it looked like a great swing training aid and I had to have it. It arrived yesterday and I took it out for its initial test. I have to say I was impressed and humbled at the same time. I found it to be a very effective tool and really helped me get rid of my occasional over the top swing. The foam rods are durable and you can move them in or out to make it more challenging. After 10 swings or so I was able to get in a real nice grove. Has anyone had any experience with the speed trap, good or bad? I am excited to get it out again and go at it with all four rods attached. Seems like the base would be decent for putting as well. attachicon.gif IMG_1393.JPG

Sent from my iPhoneattachicon.gif IMG_1394.JPG

That thing is just frightening. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That looks terrifying.. but is does any good training aid not look terrifying?

Looks fun though and like it would really help.

Good luck!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived