Financial Advisers/Stock Market Junkies - Let's Discuss

txgolfjunkie

I have a feeling we view this business through very similar goggles.  I spent almost 3 years with a firm similar to the one that you left, and absolutely hated being there.  For just over the past year I have been independent and based on your comments, I think you will find the same relief that I have.  The work and stress doesn't necessarily change; but at least it's your own!  Welcome back to the industry.
Yeah, you wouldn't believe the stories of the lady who owned the firm. Her business was successful...but she was and still is a monster. But I took some time off to focus on other things and now I'm getting going again. Thankfully my wife is all on board with it.

I just started reading a book called The New Financial Advisor by Nick Murray. I came home one day and my wife is on the couch reading it, and she's not a finances person... Even though she's a CPA. I was super surprised, but Sooooooo appreciative of the effort she's making as well.

Looking forward to getting everything set and ready to go. Thank you for the well wishes!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Some would equate it to trying to play pin the tail on the donkey....but the donkey won't stop moving.
hey, still gotta try right?

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

5 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Yeah, you wouldn't believe the stories of the lady who owned the firm. Her business was successful...but she was and still is a monster. But I took some time off to focus on other things and now I'm getting going again. Thankfully my wife is all on board with it.

I just started reading a book called The New Financial Advisor by Nick Murray. I came home one day and my wife is on the couch reading it, and she's not a finances person... Even though she's a CPA. I was super surprised, but Sooooooo appreciative of the effort she's making as well.

Looking forward to getting everything set and ready to go. Thank you for the well wishes!

I believe it.  It can be a tough business to be in.  I am glad you have had time to recuperate from a bad environment.  Your wife sounds like a superhero, glad she is there to provide support from home!  Business-wise, it's funny how similar, yet detached we can be with CPAs (not a knock by any means).  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I believe it.  It can be a tough business to be in.  I am glad you have had time to recuperate from a bad environment.  Your wife sounds like a superhero, glad she is there to provide support from home!  Business-wise, it's funny how similar, yet detached we can be with CPAs (not a knock by any means).  
It is strange isn't it? She doesn't want anything to do with our household finances or managing them. Maybe it's all the numbers she's deals with all day long. Although she's on maternity leave until September, so maybe she's just bored but she's been a great motivator for sure.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Trying to time the market is not much different than making a drunken trip to Vegas. The best way to grow your hard earned Benjamin’s is by riding the dollar cost averaging wave in the blue trip segment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

A fool and his money are soon parted. Trying to time the market is not much different than making a drunken trip to Vegas. The best way to grow your hard earned Benjamin’s is by riding the dollar cost averaging wave in the blue trip segment.

Who's timing it?

Lots of folks attempt too.

I think the public's average return is about 3.25% when managing thier own investments, but I wouldn't blame timing as much as I would blame them letting emotion make thier decisions, instead of sticking to whatever plan or goal they have.

• 4 years later...

When the market experiences volatility, it's easy to get swept up in the excitement or fear of the moment, leading to impulsive choices that may not align with your overall financial goals.
That's where consulting with a prop trading firm can be incredibly beneficial. They have the expertise and experience to help you navigate the complexities of the stock market. They can provide you with data-driven insights, portfolio diversification strategies, and risk management techniques to keep your investments on the right track.
Working with professionals who understand the intricacies of the financial world can help you achieve better results in the long run.

Edited by Olympicon