Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy_X

BREAKING NEWS! - Ryan Moore Leaves Scratch Golf for Adams

Personally, I love this site, the people, the savy and the ability to say no to being influnced by the big OEMs! Ryan, I love Adams golf, and I am sure you will too. Bring them some of your style!

Awesome post and I agree 100%. I like this forum, though I don't post much. due to the subjective and constructive reviews. It makes a nice change form blatant cosying up to the OEMs in order to get a shedload of freebies.

Thanks for sticking to your guns and giving the readers some real information for a change.

This will be a great fit for Adams and Ryan.

This is a great site, keep up the good work MGS Let the other ones play the BS game. B)

It's the internet, every forum about every topic is full of people who abuse and belittle others because they can hide behind their keyboard. They do it on the internet because if they said it in real life they'd get punched in the face. It's likely they were bullied in their life and want to dish out some bullying themselves, to make them feel like a big man.

I work in media and the whole industry is based around scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Don't write this story and next week we'll give you this better one. Write that story and you will never get to go within 100y of any of my clients ever again.

You aren't playing the game! Good work that you aren't, keep it up.

Anyone know what sort of deal Ryan signed. Is it just a bag deal, or driver/bag. I don't see him playing Adams irons. No offence to Adams but he had Don White grinding his irons at Scratch and still managed to slip Pings into the bag every now and then.

I love this forum too, allthough I don't post as much as others, but that's because I'm a newbie. Ryan going to Adams, great. I can only hope they will be making more effort to push their gear over here in Belgium ! Those CB1 and CB2 irons look stunning, but nowhere to be found where I live :-(

Anyone know what sort of deal Ryan signed. Is it just a bag deal, or driver/bag. I don't see him playing Adams irons. No offence to Adams but he had Don White grinding his irons at Scratch and still managed to slip Pings into the bag every now and then.

Adams irons will be in the bag. Don White is good, but there's nothing he does that stands out over any other top notch guy on any company's staff except stamp his initials on your clubs. Give me Joe Kwok any day of the week. I've hit both guys stuff and while they're both good, DW can't touch JK's ability.

Adams irons will be in the bag. Don White is good, but there's nothing he does that stands out over any other top notch guy on any company's staff except stamp his initials on your clubs. Give me Joe Kwok any day of the week. I've hit both guys stuff and while they're both good, DW can't touch JK's ability.

"DW can't touch JK's ability" is the most laughable statement I've seen in a while. One guy builds clubs for major champions and the other guy builds them for people who can only dream of it.

I didn't want to say it was the most laughable but I have seen both of their work and I would have to say I have not seen JK been able to grind a set from a block of metal...much less able to have the CG on each be in the proper place.That takes decades to conquer something JK does not have.

I didn't want to say it was the most laughable but I have seen both of their work and I would have to say I have not seen JK been able to grind a set from a block of metal...much less able to have the CG on each be in the proper place.That takes decades to conquer something JK does not have.

Exactly what I was getting at. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Joe does build clubs for tour pros and champions. He does it because of their word of mouth, not because he works on their van. I've seen Joe do just as much as Don does on a set of clubs. He's got the same certifications Don has, certified Master clubfitter, clubmaker, and clubgrinder. Like I said, I've hit irons that were hand assembled and hand ground by both, and I felt that Joe's were better. His tolerances are as tight as anyone in the business's. He's truly a master at what he does, and if I were finding someone to do my work, I'd see Mr. Kwok before I would Mr. White. That's my opinion after hitting clubs both have built to the same specs. I know Don has the pedigree of working with the big companies, and now Scratch, but honestly, Joe has worked on tour vans fitting tour pros before, and still has guys from the Tour that come to him. He can't advertise it because he's not under contract with them(the OEM's), but when he builds a set for a guy, who goes out and wins on tour that weekend with them, and they bring him back something as a token of gratitude, I think it speaks volumes.

I'm not knocking Don at all. He does exceptional work, I just personally feel that Joe's work is better and feels better to me. Others like Don's work better, and that's their prerogative. For my money, though, I'd go see Joe (if he were closer that is). I'm right up the road from Don, well, when he's at the office anyway. So it'd be more feasible for me to go see him. But if money weren't an object, I'd honestly pick Joe for my experiences with his clubs versus Don's. I don't think anyone would go wrong with either though.

You might be right...in my personal experience I have seen hundreds of hand ground sets by Don and I don't recall every seeing any made from absolute scratch by JK. If you have any info on ones he has done with pics or other info I would love to see them. Not saying he can't just have not seen his hand ground work. I have seen some of his other work but never made from scratch gear for any pros.

Another guy that's really good on a grinding wheel? James Patrick Harrington, or James Patrick as his company is known. He's as artful and creative as it gets on the wheel. All I've ever seen or hit of his are wedges, but his work is great on those.

Well after reading this I must say I may have found a new home!! I was one of the big gusy at BSG and one of the founders of GD. Richard did screw us over pretty godo at GD by basically using XtremeCruiser to build WRX for himself and using GD to build and get it started and then he basically told us all to go F ourselves. I was just recently banned from GolfWRX for posting too much in a single day. i was bored at work on Thanksgiving and was actually told that I posted too much stuff.

I will add some info here when I have teh chance and hope that it sticks to the original foundation and does not become one of the other forums!

I was just recently banned from GolfWRX for posting too much in a single day. i was bored at work on Thanksgiving and was actually told that I posted too much stuff.

;) sounds familiar ... you're not alone, trust me

Well after reading this I must say I may have found a new home!! I was one of the big gusy at BSG and one of the founders of GD. Richard did screw us over pretty godo at GD by basically using XtremeCruiser to build WRX for himself and using GD to build and get it started and then he basically told us all to go F ourselves. I was just recently banned from GolfWRX for posting too much in a single day. i was bored at work on Thanksgiving and was actually told that I posted too much stuff.

I will add some info here when I have teh chance and hope that it sticks to the original foundation and does not become one of the other forums!

That you DW?

Well stated MSG. Some folks just want to "promote negativity" behind the keyboard which is sad to see. These small companies need to be supported and encouraged. The entire golf industry is having a hard time right now, and the smaller ones are finding it hard to grab a piece of the pie. It's the smaller companies that innovate the business and come up with new ideas.