Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Lets Talk 3 Woods

caddyjoe77

Whats your favorite and why? To me, fairway woods, hybrids and putters are irreplaceable. Once you find one you hit consistently in all conditions, you better stick with em because if you go cheating on them they are likely to never be the same.

Mine used to be an original Tour Edge Exotics with a pro95, that thing was great. So-so off firmish fairways though.

My new one, and has been in the bag well over a year is the Wishon 949. For those that were not aware, Wishon was the first with .83 Fairway woods. This thing is hotter than a TEE i think and so much easier to hit. Currently it has a Speeder TourSpec 952. I was going to put the Pro95 in it, but this shaft launches a little higher and goes just as far.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

I'm loving my Adams Speedline Fast 10 13*. I hated it at first, because it had a low launch shaft and I couldn't get it more than 10' off the ground. I put an Aldila NVS 55X in it and it is my favorite club now. The head is blue and the shaft is pink, so I call it my bubblegum bomber.

Cobra S2, the thing is just money off the tee or the deck.

The other thing to keep in mind with the S2 series is that the shafts play half a step higher then the given flex rating. Ala a regular flex shaft won't flex at 5, it will flex at 5.5, half way between regular and stiff which is my money spot.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Still gaming a TEE CB1 and afraid to change :huh:

THats ok, i would still be gaming the TEE also until i got ahold of that wishon. Thing is a cannon

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

The one I most regret selling? Nike SQ II. It was the best fairway I've ever hit and I still kick myself over dumping the 13* with the redboard.

Now, I love my Super Hybrid with the KBS shaft.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I had a Nike Sasquatch (the original one) 13* with a Graphite Design YS-6 Type II shaft. It was great off the tee, but I was a little erratic everywhere else. Switched to an Acer XK (15*) and with a True Ace Cadence Red FW shaft. Again, great off the tee, but I always hooked it off the ground. Now I have the XK with an Alidla NVS 85 ($20 from Rock Bottom Golf... the retail version, not the Ebay one) . The TACR is a good, solid shaft, but it has too much torque for my swing- I have a tempo on the quick side. Switching to the NVS, I went from 3.9* to 2.8*. Very solid now.

I have a thing with 3w's being over 170cc. Never owned one. Hit a few and just can't get used to the look. The Sasquatch is on the small side (though I don't know exactly what it is) and the XK is 160cc. Just right for my tastes.

Cleveland DST 17*, same head profile as the regular three wood

and same shaft length, but so much easier to launch.

Adams 9064LS 10.5 R.I.P. Reg. gold eye

Cleveland DST 3 wood (17) Redboard Reg.

Clevelamd DST 7 wood Redboard Reg.

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW Nippon Pro 950 R + 1/2"

Scratch 53* DS

Scratch 60* SS

Cleveland Classic 2 Putter 35

Ping Anser Putter

Scotty Studio Select Newport ( for trade )

Kinda looking for some Srixon 701 Tour heads

Addias Stand bag

Ping USA Staff bag

Srixon TriSpeed Tour & Titleist Pro V1X & Srixon Z Star X

I'm using the Cobra S9-1 3 w/REG shaft. It's my "go to" club on a long fairway.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Well I was using the R7 HFS for the last 4 seasons but actually went to the Tour Only R7 titanium head it's a little bigger head then the HFS but if all else fails I can go back to my baby my Titleist 970! All great 3 woods in my oinion.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 2 weeks later...

I recently found a tour issue Adams Fast 10 that the seller didn't realize was from the tour department - otherwise, I'm sure the asking price would've been considerably higher ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=380283443611&si=wmzkmfXsFz9xCDUc7eRGBVRus%252BI%253D&viewitem=#ht_3109wt_1139

I'm actually finding this easier to hit than some 15* and 16* hybrids I've used. The milled heel and toe weights on the sole really give a high launch, so I'm curious to see how it'll play on the course.

I recently found a tour issue Adams Fast 10 that the seller didn't realize was from the tour department - otherwise, I'm sure the asking price would've been considerably higher ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=380283443611&si=wmzkmfXsFz9xCDUc7eRGBVRus%252BI%253D&viewitem=#ht_3109wt_1139

I'm actually finding this easier to hit than some 15* and 16* hybrids I've used. The milled heel and toe weights on the sole really give a high launch, so I'm curious to see how it'll play on the course.

The Fast 10 might be my only club purchase in 2011. Pretty much set after switching out my entire bag this past season. My Adams BUL is the only holdover and I think its time for a technology update. I plan on evaluating other clubs but when it comes to the fairway category I am pretty loyal to Adams.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I love my TM R7 with a stiff shaft it is my go to club.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Archived