Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hireko's - Ghosted Putters

GolfSpy_X

I wouldnt be suprised to see and all white set of irons soon from a big name OEM. I dislike how everytime something original comes out, every competitor copies it. No one is original. The Cobra ZL does look pretty sweet though!

iPutters - classic!

http://www.putterlounge.com - Website
sales@putterlounge.com

What is in my bag
Putter(s)
Carbon Ringo - 1/4 Long Neck

Irons
Titleist 660 Forged - Matte Black Oxide
KBS Tour X
IOMIC STICKY 2.3 Red / Black

Mizuno MP-32 Asian Model - Satin Chrome
KBS Tour X
IOMIC X-EVOLUTION Navy / Sky Blue

Wedges
Vokey SM5 58 / 54 /50 - Obsidian Finish

Woods
RBZ Tour 3 Wood
Aldila RIP Gamma 

TaylorMade SLDR
Accra Tour Z M4 70 Gram

I wouldnt be suprised to see and all white set of irons soon from a big name OEM. I dislike how everytime something original comes out, every competitor copies it. No one is original. The Cobra ZL does look pretty sweet though!

That set of white irons is probably closer than we'd like to admit, LOL. Getting a finish that is durable enough to last a decent amount of time, with the impact that an iron sustains will be a challenge.

Didn't "FEEL GOLF" have a set of colored irons a few years back? I remember their wedges, but it seems like they also had a set of irons.

Original is good. I have been doing white polymers on putters for over 2 years. Nice to see that it caught on, again, after the Zebra and White Fang putters were sometimes long forgotten.

I will second your thoughts on that ZL looking sweet! I remember when I was a kid, my dad had one of his GolfCraft persimmon drivers done in a white lacquer finish. WOW! It stood out like an outhouse in a fog, but he could make it do stuff that I am still jealous of. Original is good.

Thanks for that post.

LaMont in AZ

I would imagine a whole rainbow of colours isn't far behind for all golf equipment. With technology pushed to the legal limits, it's the next logical step to have something different out.

I'm surprised we haven't seen tie dyed drivers and putters yet.

The story I heard regarding the all-white 'ghost' driver that became the R11 is that TM could not find a polymer or blend for the face that would last more than a few rounds, which is why they went back to the PVD. I think Cobra was more on the money with the white ZL though, it's simpler and only has two colors, silver and white. No red, no black, no orange, etc. Who would've thought it was Cobra who was capable of making a mature and streamlined decision on club design?

TITLEIST: 905T 8.5° 'Tour Van' Aldila NV 44.5" 65 Stiff

TAYLORMADE: 07 Burner TP Fairway 14.5° Diamana Whiteboard 73 Stiff

ADAMS: IDEA Pro Hybrid TOUR 18° Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff

MIZUNO: MP52 4-PW DG S400 Tour Issue (1/2" Long - 2° Flat)

CLEVELAND: 588 RTG DIADIC 51°, DSG 55°, DSG 59°

TITLEIST: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 03 Newport 2.5 34"

BRIDGESTONE: Tour B330 (2s only)

SUN MOUNTAIN: Four5 All-Black

Are these really quality putters? I don't know anything about Hireko's products, and just curious how they stack up.

I'm a Hireko guy. I have all Acer XK's- from the driver to the irons. My wedges are XB's (though I've just ordered some Integra Soft Cast wedges from Diamond Tour Golf). One thing I dissent on is their Bionik putters. They have a different line of putters (the CB) that look good, but since they don't make them in lefty, I don't get to use them B).

I guess I wouldn't say they're "junk"- unless it's a counterfeit it isn't "junk" in my opinion. It's just for some irrational line of thought I don't care for zinc putters. There's no true playability difference (there's a feel difference, though) but it's something I can't get out of my head.

It might be a twinge of something (maybe jealousy?) as well. Their CB line looks familiar, but different. I like the looks of them. The Bionik is a copy of the old Anser.. meh.

Archived