Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sling TV

pulledabill

Havent had cable in the house in years and refuse ti guve Xfinity any more of my money other then fir internet. Daughter is off to colkege and in the marching band and basketball band so Id like to get Pac 12 network to watch her and fir the Golf Channel. Anybidy use Slingo and if so pros and cons. It will be 50 bucks cheaper for whst I need it for than cable.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 1 month later...

We have a Roku with Sling and like it very much.  I added the sports package including Golf Channel and our bill is $45/month.  My wife can watch all her favorite TV shows, pretty much a day after the live broadcast, and many without all the commercials or at least fewer. I can watch quite a bit of various tour golf but often only rounds 1 and 2 live and 3 and 4 replayed.  I wish I could opt for something other than PAC 12 sports being part of that package, but oh well. We're just out of range to get major networks live coverage, but that's fine with us.  Small price to pay for not having to live in an ant farm - where trout outnumber people. 😎

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 8/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, Edveed said:

Bad customer service.When you go cheap; you get what you pay for.I think the best thing going is digital signal antenna.Where I live I can pick up every major game and network for $0

LOL.  I'm paying a ton for Xfinity, and their customer service is...well, I'll let their reputation speak for itself.  Just google Comcast Xfinity customer service (or lack thereof) and see what sort of results you come up with.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

We recently went with DirecTV Now as our primary "TV" service. pretty happy with it, but I tend to be a channel hopper which is a bit painful at times. I suspect that's the case for most of the streaming services, so I think I'll survive.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I went with Sling mainly because I can get the Pac 12 Network, ESPNs,, and the Golf Channel.  I can watch my daughter  in various sporting events aa she is in the UO Ducks Marching Band. I rwcord some stuff as well and can cancel and start bsck up when needed. Dont love it as it is quirky at times, but will serve its purpose for 6 months a year. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I am seriously considering Hulu with live TV, looks like a great deal. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with it?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve tried Sling, DTV Now, and HULU live. The interface is my favorite, and you don’t have get other apps to watch live sports and what not. I did get the golf channel app, but it’s been pretty good for $39.99 a month.

38 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ve tried Sling, DTV Now, and HULU live. The interface is my favorite, and you don’t have get other apps to watch live sports and what not. I did get the golf channel app, but it’s been pretty good for $39.99 a month.

$40. for golf channel is pretty pricey given that you can get an entire channel line-up from cable (including GC for almost that amount. Currently we have Netflix, Hulu and a digital antenna but can only get golf on the broadcast channels on the weekends. i especially miss the LPGA on GC. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 hours ago, geez2323 said:

I am seriously considering Hulu with live TV, looks like a great deal. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with it?

They dont offer Hallmark channel or DIY that I can see on their list, so Hulu is a no go for us. FUBO tv is what I am checking into now. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We have had Sling for well over a year and like it. Am currently trying out YouTubeTV to compare. YouTube adds dvr of the local channels but seems to buffer a lot. Sling rarely buffered if at all. I am also against donating half a paycheck to Comcast each month. No other reasonable options for internet at our house.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

We have been using PS Vue via an app on Roku and have completely replaced our Satellite provider.  For the most part we have enjoyed the switch.  It's far cheaper, we can have 5 sources (TVs) running at once, we have DVR like function on almost all of our shows; available to watch on any device.  Plus we have some local channels through PS Vue as well.  We don't lose coverage during a storm, take that satellite. 

There are a few negatives: PS Vue doesn't DVR everything you would like it to, but that is generally sporting events.  The PS Vue app on iPhone/iPad can be spotty or downright not work at all for some in the household.  Sony really needs to get their app developers together and fix the problem.  Needless to say that part is maddening. 

The negatives aren't killers though.  The events that DVR misses are almost always available to rewatch via the host provider's app  (ESPN, NBC Sports, etc.).  When an ipad doesn't work I'll grab my Surface Pro or any other PC to watch remotely; where PS Vue has always worked through a web browser. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Archived