TESTERS WANTED! ×

Becoming a parent

LoganT

For the ones of you on here that have children, how was your playing time/practice affected when you became a parent?

Honma g1x red stock stiff shaft 45.5 in Nike vapor fly 3 wood stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft Cleveland 588 combo cb/mb irons 3-pw dynamic gold s300 Snake Eyes 51,55,59 forged wedges stock wedge shafts Cleveland 2135 TFI satin elevado 34”

I got lucky, my wife understands that golf is my way of unwinding after a long weeks work. I was never much of the practice type so I wasn't affected much. Once they were old enough to come along I was able to get out even more. I used the excuse of getting them away from the wife so she could have some alone time!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I'm also in the fortunate camp.  Live on the course and have one of my wife's sisters & husband as neighbors.  Then her mom, youngest sister and brother also are a few houses down in the neighborhood.  So while I'm not a range rat, I can usually find a sitter to let me get out and play.  

Generally though I'd say plan on playing/practicing less.  Best thing to do is join a league where you have a set day and time that you play.  Then it's easier to schedule around and becomes part of the routine.

Other best thing you can do is set aside as much "her time" as you get for "you time".  Take the kids and let her go out as often (or as much as she wants) and you stand a better chance of getting that all important YES when you ask to go golfing.

Oh, and speaking from experience on this one.  It's not the golf that causes so many issues, it's the sitting and drinking at the bar for another 4 hours after the round :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Practice has cut down a lot. I hit in a net in my yard 3/4 times a week. It is good, just like to see where the ball ends up. Still get to play every Saturday in my league and I cut out a time or two on Sundays. She understands that golf is my thing, lucky in that sense .

I gave up all sports activities for almost 10 years.My family was and is my life.Kids always come first for me.Just can't stand not being with them.And could never imagine being on a golf course when family events take place

Why I'm a die hard body builder.I work out nightly at midnight

Keep it in the short stuff

I've got two jobs and two kids. Getting out to play is rare and going just to practice is rarer still. Congrats on the new little one, but expect your time on the course and on the range to diminish greatly.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

In our case we have grandparents help us babysit during the summer. They take care of kids when they wake up until noon. We tee off around 7 and are home by 11 and we eat lunch together.

Weekdays, we take turns. I'll take care of both kids when my wife has her training and she will do the same if I want to go hit some balls.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I would imagine that for as many responses that you get to this, you'll get that many varied answers. I have a 26 yr old daughter, and if my son was still here he would have been 19, so I am an empty nester now able to play whenever the stupid weather cooperates.

I would look at your question from a different perspective when I was in the process of getting married and having children. At that time I wasn't really playing much if any golf, but mostly for financial reasons. After my daughter was born I was struggling to pay the rent, and ultimately going through divorce with 2 repossessed cars tends to have you worried about anything but golf.

Now with that said, and provided finances aren't a total hindrance to playing an occassional round of golf, later on as my kids got older there were times when I found unique and interesting ways to play golf.  I did have a membership at a club in Virginia, when my son was about 4 or 5, and I'd bring him along, as I had a schedule that allowed for me to play during the week in the afternoons and I'd go out about 2 or 3 times every week, and be home by dinner time easily.  I'd then play on Saturdays a lot as well.  But looking back, a lot of my golf was playing solo, as I didn't really have a group or league that I was a part of.  I didn't think about something like that back then, as I didn't really know too many people that played golf.  Well, I will say that I had a couple of guys from work who played, including my boss, so we'd try and get together once a week to play when possible, but it was more sporadic than anything else.

I will also give you the same advice I gave a friend from church about a month ago.  I had invited this guy to play in my weekly Tuesday league, and oddly enough his wife was standing there when I offered up the invitation.  The response from her was more indicative of the answer then what he reallly wanted to do.  He has 3 teenagers in the house, and his wife mentioned something about him needing to be there on Tuesday nights for the kids.  I didn't say anything to him with his wife standing in front of us, but I did email him later telling him basically to tend to his family, and when his kids were gone in a few years, that is when we can get him out to my league to play some golf.

I also have a different perspective on how I did things back then now, mostly because I lost my son 4 years ago to an untimely death that I wouldn't wish on anyone else.  If I had to go back and do it again, I would have stored the golf clubs and tended to my family 100% while my kids were young, and even into their teenage years.  Yeah, I might have been ok playing once or even twice a month if there wasn't anything going on with the kids, on maybe a weekday night or something during the summer, but I wouldn't even consider playing on the weekends when I have the opportunity to spend that time with the wife and kids.

I say all of this as encouragement to (apparently) an expectant father.  Having lost a son, I'd gladly give every cent I have to get him back, and playing golf is purely a selfish thing from that perspective.  You have about 12 years or so to make the biggest impact on your children.  Once they become teenagers they don't know who you are.  Take these 12 years to instill the teachings and values you want into your child.  You are investing in your own future this way, and this is the one way in which you have the greatest impact on the world, through your offspring.  

Put another way, if you leave your wife and kids at home and are always on the golf course every weekend, how do you think your wife and kids will see that, as it pertains to how you invest your overall time with them?

This is just my opinion of course, and every person here might view things differently, as you might as well.  I wish you rich blessings with your new family, if that is why this was asked.  Your time with children is very limited.  Golf will be there for you whenever the family has abandoned you.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

my playing cut down to once a week at the most as its too long to be away. My practice went up though as it's an hour at the range in the evenings when he was asleep

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I have a 10 month old who I adore. As much as I love golfing, I've accepted that my time with her right now is more important than time on the course.

My wife knows I need time to myself and my parents who are both retired offer me the time to get away if I ask.

I have eight rounds this year and four of them were during a men's member guest in July.

Golf will always be here, I plan to play more when she's in school but until then she is #1.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Well I have a 2 week old. My number is somehow dropping. I really don't practice too much besides chipping and putting in the house. My only practice since having the baby is hitting balls before my round. I need a net and hitting Mat that's for sure

Congratulations Dad!

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Depends on which child and their stage of development!

Certainly I played much less after my first was born but it some ways it was a golf blessing. That's also when I changed my swing from old school reverse C to whatever we call what Jim Ballard was teaching. I didn't play much but hit lots of whiffle balls off the mat in the basement. Once he was three or so we'd go to the range together once a week and I was playing once a week.

The next two were foster kids whom we adopted and they were older when we adopted them. They didn't impact my playing time.

Penny has created a couple of significant disruptions right got now being one of them. Prior to her illness I would play Tuesday afternoon and alternating Sundays - 6 times a month. Now it's closer to 3 times a morning because her treatments are on Tuesday.

Obviously children will bring different priorities, just as marriage, work and health will.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

When we had our two, my wife stayed home with them. Not playing much was more a function of money than time from where I was.

Then the kids got to be school age, my parents retired and were right next door to watch them before and after school, my wife re-entered the workforce, I had a better job, and guess what?

Game on!

Some of the best fun that I  ever had was when my son was just old enough to pull my trolley and we'd have boys day out.  First, nine holes of golf. Then something to eat. Then a movie.  Sometimes, it was the batting cages instead of a movie when he got a bit older.  I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Sadly, neither he nor my daughter ever wanted to actually play the game. 

My son in law, on the other hand, was one of the few people that I could still beat straight up before i went down.

He's a lieutenant detective, and I always did my best against authority figures.

In our case we have grandparents help us babysit during the summer. They take care of kids when they wake up until noon. We tee off around 7 and are home by 11 and we eat lunch together.

Weekdays, we take turns. I'll take care of both kids when my wife has her training and she will do the same if I want to go hit some balls.

Forgot to mention, daughter is almost 4 and son is almost 1.

As soon as my daughter can hit the course, I'll be taking her with me. She goes to the range with me when I'm practicing and she just hits balls or builds sand castles in the bunker :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

It hasn't to be honest. My biggest hindrance was and continues to be work. 

I played in a men's league on Tuesday nights for years, but I always had weekends off. After I was laid off in 2009, I finally landed a job, albeit part time, in 2011, so I was still able to get out on a Thursday during the day. 

I reentered full time work in 2012 and then got a part time job as well because the full time job doesn't and continues to not pay what I was making before the lay off. So, I was working 5 days a week and 5 nights a week including a Sunday night so that left me with Friday night and Saturday to do chores around the house and spend time with my family.

Now, I work M-F during the day and 4 hours a night, so I have the weekends available and spend some time with my son when I get home and on Saturdays. Sunday mornings is now my golf time, but this has only occurred in the last couple of weeks. Next year I'll be taking Connor out to the range or pitch and putt on Saturday afternoons to get some more quality time together and see if he has a real interest in the game. 

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have twins who are about to turn 3. Before they were born, I was out daily in the summer and once on weekends. My time dwindled a good bit, especially for the first two years. But I ended up buying a jet to hit into, as well as a puttout trainer. They helped.

It wasn't that I never golfed but I'd talk with my wife and make sure it was ok I went out for a round. Now that they're older, I have a half year membership at our course and try to go out early in the am for my rounds so I can get back and shortly after they wake up

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I didn't golf at all when the kids were younger, but being around for them now and their activities takes precedence for me. I've only had maybe 10-12 rounds this summer due to that, but I'm ok. I'd much rather spend time with them now, especially my daughter who just started her senior year of HS today. There will be plenty of time to golf down the road, but they're only here for a few years longer.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 kids here. 3 year old and 7 months old.

I play golf more this year than I did last couple years. I typically tee off around 630-7am and be done around 10-11am. I work with my wife to make it work that after golf, I can take the kids for a few hours in afternoon so she can run out and do her errands or have a break for herself.

I went to the range more though bc I can go for an hour to hour half during their naps and be back when they wake up..so I'm playing well this year bc of that lol.

I'm hoping once the kids gets older they take an interest in golf that I can take them with me to the range or even play a quick 9.

But expect playing time to be non existence for the first 3 months once your kid gets on a better routine and schedule.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My son is 1.5 and I am playing the best golf of my life.  It is all about balance and communication.  Family always comes first for me, but my wife also understands how much golf means to me so I do get to play at least once every two weeks.  I have gotten smart about how I practice.  I go to the range maybe once a week, but make good use of that limited time.  I also have an indoor putting green (birdie ball) that keeps my putting fresh.

A few tips

1) Communicate!  Happy wife = happy life.  I try to play my rounds during the week when my kid is at daycare and I can take off from work.  If I can't take off, then I will try to golf early in the morning to get home before lunch.

2) Set a golf budget.  This will keep spending on golf and equipment reigned in.

3) Have realistic expectations of performance and make the most of the time you have on the course or at the range.

4) Have fun!

My son is just over a year old. If you count running around after the him, telling him to swing the cut down 9 iron like I've showed him (he's going to hit everything in his path regardless, might as well make it constructive) then I play all the time! Besides that, my practice is almost non-existent and I might get one round in a week.

My wife has been good about me trying to go once a week. However, with coaching high school football and mandatory overtime at work, I haven't tried to play recently. it's not fair to her or my son for me to gone that much.

I'm hoping, in the near future, he wants to pick up the game and we can go out together. Until then, I'll keep chasing him around the house, telling him to swing like I showed him.

For my first, one, I golfed a little less and practiced a little less.  For the second one, golf dropped a lot and practice became non-existent. I knew it would happen and I was ok with it as I have two wonderful kids and spending time with the family is and will always be more important than golf.  I've introduced golf to both and at one point had my daughter in the junior PGA program, but the program isn't thought out well.  Kids will lose interest especially when a 9 hole round lasts 3 hours (and that was with my daughter being swapped out after 3 holes) and rules were not equally applied to the entire field.  She got soured over the entire episode, plus I think she loves ice skating more (her primary sport for now).  My son, well he's an elite ipad player at the moment, LOL...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Thanks for all the replies guys. As you all probably guessed, my wife and I are expecting our first child in December of this year. I have always been big on family and I know that I will put them before golf. I kinda expected that my playing/practice time would go down quite a bit but I was just wanting to hear from you all how it was affected when you became parents. I know that when he's older I will introduce him to the game and it will be a plus if he enjoys it. If not, that's okay too. Thanks again for all that you guys offered in your responses.

Thanks for all the replies guys. As you all probably guessed, my wife and I are expecting our first child in December of this year. I have always been big on family and I know that I will put them before golf. I kinda expected that my playing/practice time would go down quite a bit but I was just wanting to hear from you all how it was affected when you became parents. I know that when he's older I will introduce him to the game and it will be a plus if he enjoys it. If not, that's okay too. Thanks again for all that you guys offered in your responses.

Enjoy the time with your little one...because one day you'll realize they aren't so little anymore....golf will always be there but those moments in time with the little one will be happen faster than you want.  Congrats on the new baby!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

A few tips

1) Communicate! Happy wife = happy life. I try to play my rounds during the week when my kid is at daycare and I can take off from work. If I can't take off, then I will try to golf early in the morning to get home before lunch.

2) Set a golf budget. This will keep spending on golf and equipment reigned in.

3) Have realistic expectations of performance and make the most of the time you have on the course or at the range.

4) Have fun!

Great advice. Not just for golf but life in general.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Yeah even though I feel like a horrible parent when I go golf it does feel great to get away. I'm also probably going back to the public life so I can't get out at the earliest tee time. Wife has zero problems with me playing as long as I come back no drunk and taking care of the baby. Taking the night shifts really help my golf situation. But again it will only be 3 weeks on Friday.

Great thread, Got my first on the way and have trying to figure our this exact situation. Hope to be able to get out every once and while, but if not it wont be the end of the world.

From what Ive been told by friends with kids its just nailing down your new schedule and fitting it in when available. Good Luck!

WITB? 

Driver: 2016 TaylorMade M2, 9.5*,

Irons: 2017 Taylormade M2 4-PW,

Wedges: Bombtech 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot putter

Ball: Callaway Supersoft

For the ones of you on here that have children, how was your playing time/practice affected when you became a parent?

Honma g1x red stock stiff shaft 45.5 in Nike vapor fly 3 wood stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft Cleveland 588 combo cb/mb irons 3-pw dynamic gold s300 Snake Eyes 51,55,59 forged wedges stock wedge shafts Cleveland 2135 TFI satin elevado 34”

If your playing and practice time aren't affected, you're not being a very involved parent imho. My daughter is 42, I never played or practiced until she left for college. Working hard and providing a decent home and being there for her "firsts" was more satisfying then my first (and only) hole in one.

Heck, I couldn't justify buying myself shoes, let alone spend money on golf because it would take away from what I could give the kid. Now it's a different story...I have a closet full of shoes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter