Har in the Hat

Cleaning the grips

I never clean mine. I play 90% of my golf in a dry climate and rarely have sweaty hands. So I just replace about every 2 or 2.5 years.

I clean my grips regularly with a 10% bleach to 90% water solution. I spray the solution on the grips then immediately start working my way down from long irons to wedges. I do it in that order because the wedges get used more thus are more soiled. I then put each club under running warm water followed by drying with a microfiber towel.

FYI- I use car wash to clean the heads. It does a great job of breaking down the soil while also providing a thin protective wax film. I dry with a microfiber towel.

Pictures are of my irons, three years and 180 rounds old.

attachicon.gif IMG_0882.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_0883.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_0881.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

beautiful looking clubs.

thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Try Westley's Bleche Wite tire cleaner. It will keep grips in great shape and restore tackiness to older clubs. . And it's cheap and 1 bottle lasts forever..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Reese

I don't ever recollect seeing them up here in Canada. I'll take a look.

tnk

I never cleaned my grips. They are usually tacky enough that I didn't need to clean em...usually I replace them every couple years or so

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

interesting. you are not the only one who does not clean.

Sweet looking mizzy Steddy, reminds me of my old 33's...

Anyhooo, I'm in the warm water with dawn camp, probably every 2 months.

I like a half wet towel during play to keep the heads clean after every shot too

those were gorgeous clubs of a steddy's

I never clean mine. I play 90% of my golf in a dry climate and rarely have sweaty hands. So I just replace about every 2 or 2.5 years.

I think there was about 3-4 treplies from the no- cleaning group. I should get a microscope and see if any of you 3 have developed a new life form

and basically the rest were soap and water.

Thanks all who replied.

tenor-12.gif

• Like 1

I clean my grips regularly with a 10% bleach to 90% water solution. I spray the solution on the grips then immediately start working my way down from long irons to wedges. I do it in that order because the wedges get used more thus are more soiled. I then put each club under running warm water followed by drying with a microfiber towel.

FYI- I use car wash to clean the heads. It does a great job of breaking down the soil while also providing a thin protective wax film. I dry with a microfiber towel.

Pictures are of my irons, three years and 180 rounds old.

attachicon.gif IMG_0882.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_0883.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_0881.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow, thanks for sharing. They Look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was about 3-4 treplies from the no- cleaning group. I should get a microscope and see if any of you 3 have developed a new life form

and basically the rest were soap and water.

Thanks all who replied.

tenor-12.gif

I think you might need to take a hint from Joyzee in the CCC and learn to use the multi quote. 😉😄
  • Like 2

I think you might need to take a hint from Joyzee in the CCC and learn to use the multi quote.

Yeah

I gotta figure it out

Old dog new trick

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

A little info if you have Winn grips

CLEANING A WINN GRIP

Because Winn grips have absorbent properties, they may eventually soil from dirt and perspiration from your fishing glove and hands. This does not affect the performance of the grip.

To clean a Winn grip, apply a small amount of water to a soft towel, and gently rub the grips. Do not saturate the towel. Never use a brush and soapy water to clean a Winn grip because it may damage the top surface and destroy the tackiness and slip-resistance of the grip.

DO NOT immerse Winn grips in a bucket of water to clean them. This will saturate the underlying layer of the grip and may ruin the grip.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1