What led you to start posting on golf forums?

Our Sponsors

It all started for me here at my golf spy as I was looking into buying new clubs and was amazed at the wealth on knowledge that was available. I also appreciated the fact that all of the reviews were unbiased as that is hard to come by nowadays. The equipment reviews led me to forums and from there I  was hooked.

WITB? 

Driver: 2016 TaylorMade M2, 9.5*,

Irons: 2017 Taylormade M2 4-PW,

Wedges: Bombtech 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot putter

Ball: Callaway Supersoft

While I have a lot of friends who like to golf, none are gearheads like me. I'd found a lot of forums through looking st reviews and write ups, then just started posting. Was just sort of a natural evolution from reading to posting and interacting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

This is my first foray into being a member on a golf forum. What drew me to MGS was the product reviews, most notably the irons. The forum testers all do an excellent job and pull no punches.

I'm not going to lie, the contests and testing opportunities were a big time draw. Now that I've started interacting, I've found the joy of discussing this great game with like minded individuals, even though most of you know a LOT more than I do. Only one way to learn.

What's great is being able to discuss grilling with AZStu and pets with Ole Grey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I dabbled on a bunch of different golf forums back when there were many more of them than there are now.

It was mostly hit and run, occasionally good-natured trolling when I hit a nerve.

But i didn't start posting frequently--some might say obsessively,  until recently...

when I had to stop playing due to physical problems.

Not being able to play, I wanted to talk about it as much as possible.

Here is hopes we might both be physically ready by 2019

Keep it in the short stuff

Visited several other forums, including the old TGC and GEA. This one has more meat and less vegetables.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Another throw back from TGC. I think I tried GEA for about 2 minutes after TGC before moving on.

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I forgot the exact story, but I read something Tony (I believe) had written shortly before the ksig was introduced. The story peaked my interest and reading more on the website, the MGS mission/goal made me want more.

Saw there was a forum connected with the site and while I have some friends that enjoy the game, none of them were really bit by the golf bug as hard as I was so there wasn't much interest in new equipment, technology etc. After poking around I decided to introduce myself and was greeted with a warm welcome by a few regulars. I've been fortunate enough to do a review, and while it didn't pan out at the end I had a blast doing it! I'm going through some changes in my life where I'm haven't beenaround or posting as much as I was before, I still read the articles and hope things will return to somewhat normal sooner than later. Between the blog and this amazing forum (and members), MGS has a lifer in me

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Great question!

I was a part of the old PGA partners club and on a forum there but outgrew it - still have friends in that group some of whom are here. Like JLukes I had ball questions. I had no clue about testing and honestly MGS was not offering testing like it does now when I joined. In fact the chance to test didn't even enter into my thought process.

Rookieblue is a carry over guy from that Farouk and he introduced me to this group. He, Jacksonvillebeachpackerfan, Foz and I played a round together in Tampa that first year.

Foz, Barbajo, MattF and I play in March every year at my club.

I'm here for my friends and the forum, tests and equipment - those things come and go and I enjoy them - thanks X and T but through MGS I've talked to Robin Arthur, Guerin Rife, Tom Wishin Dean Snell and people from Pelz's school.

None of that equals the folks I've met on these forums and the comrades here.

I've learned so much about the game that I love, my friends consider me an equipment guru - so does my fitter - he's won so many awards and yet he's gone from telling me what to do to being a consultant even in how he talks to me -

Thanks MGS - you rock!

• Like 6

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Great question!

I was a part of the old PGA partners club and on a forum there but outgrew it - still have friends in that group some of whom are here. Like JLukes I had ball questions. I had no clue about testing and honestly MGS was not offering testing like it does now when I joined. In fact the chance to test didn't even enter into my thought process.

Rookieblue is a carry over guy from that Farouk and he introduced me to this group. He, Jacksonvillebeachpackerfan, Foz and I played a round together in Tampa that first year.

Foz, Barbajo, MattF and I play in March every year at my club.

I'm here for my friends and the forum, tests and equipment - those things come and go and I enjoy them - thanks X and T but through MGS I've talked to Robin Arthur, Guerin Rife, Tom Wishin Dean Snell and people from Pelz's school.

None of that equals the folks I've met on these forums and the comrades here.

I've learned so much about the game that I love, my friends consider me an equipment guru - so does my fitter - he's won so many awards and yet he's gone from telling me what to do to being a consultant even in how he talks to me -

Thanks MGS - you rock!

You bring up a good point on the knowledge we gain here from each other.

I've learned so much that I'm considered the go to guy at our course on club/shaft or ball advice, not our Head Pro or GM.

Of course several of them also think "the corner" of my office as MDGH refers to it, is the local demo rack. Ha

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I have an older BMW with a very obnoxious seat belt warning alarm. I just wanted to deactivate the thing. I searched and found a BMW owners forum so I quickly posted my question, “how do you deactivate a 3 series seat belt alarm?” The very first response was, “put your seat belt on hero”. Lol

I came to MGS looking to grow as a golfer and also help others to improve as well. I love the exchange of ideas and opinions.

I also really enjoy the average joe equipment reviews. When you read a review from other sites you always wonder about the hidden agendas. The MGS reviews are conducted by just your average joe with absolutely no dog in the fight other than to provide an unbiased review that might benefit others struggling to find what works for them.

• Like 2

It seems I can't look at my old posts from 2010... damn 8 years now???

But I remember I came here looking for a shaft recommendation. As a beginner I struggled a lot with my drivers and was looking for solutions to fix my slice.

It was the user Super Tuna (who has been offline since 2014) that recommended me the Adams Super Fast 12 LS with the real deal Fubuki alpha shaft. At that time, I was short on cash and couldn't afford a new driver. Luckily, these were selling for under $100 on the bay.

Once I tried it, it was night and day, a total game changer for me.

Whenever I get a new driver, I sell the old ones, but this one I've kept until today.

So wherever you are, Super Tuna, thanks! I probably would have quit golf if you hadn't recommended that driver :D

Came here looking for advice and ended up finding a friendly and helpful bunch called MGS.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I need friends Seriously, I joined MyGolfSpy to learned and get insight about this game we all love. To meet like minded golfers and real reviews on clubs.

#PowerToThePlayer

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Came here when I was researching irons, was seduced by the testing opportunities and have stayed for the banter and knowledge 😁😎

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

I joined because I believe that I have a story to share. For the aspiring young professionals, a playbook to success and or failure for the one who doesn't necessarily have the connections. For me, it is a rounded background in Golf that was inspired by my late grandfather.

You can read a sample of it on my Stage 1 of the NX7 precision pro range finder thread.

Golf gave me opportunity and taught me life lessons in my professional life that I carry with me today.

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

I starting reading the blog some time ago and when Skygolf bought and started to destroy the forum I was a member of I discovered MGS had a forum as well. I checked it out, liked what I saw and stayed. Have to say I think I've made some really good friends here and have played mediocre golf with them.

(and finds it odd that I would get up at 6:15 on a Sunday morning to play golf with some guy I met online). I have to admit, it does sound a little creepy.

Yes it does, but it works!

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!