Mr. 82

Buh Bye Johnny Miller?

Our Sponsors

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2018/8/30/johnny-50-years-on-the-road-may-be-enough

Oh please, please, please, please let this actually happen!!!

“It's been 50 years on the road, and part of me is saying, 'That's enough,'” Miller said Tuesday to promote the Safeway Open in Napa, California. “I haven't gotten to that point yet. They're still trying to convince me to keep going. So we'll see. I usually listen to my gut, so to speak, and my wife. Right now, I am planning on scaling down even more. We'll see what happens. Maybe I will say, ‘Hey, one more year.'”

I never understood all the hate for J Miller.

I actually like him as a commentator.

• Like 6

Dude is so arrogant and loves talking about himself and the past.  I won't miss him.

• Like 3

I guess that is why I like him. I like that he gets a little negative with the pros, doesn't pull punches, says "That was a bad shot," throws shade for laying up. It's kind of fun and I figure pros should be able to take it.

Sure he makes the face-palm comment here and there, but show me another golf announcer who doesn't (Gary McCord can get down right bizarre). Talking for 4-5 hours about golf can't be easy. 

• Like 3

Finally. I'm done with his I'm better than anyone attitude. His commentary in general doesn't keep my attention. There at several current GC guys I would like to see replace him

So... Am I the only one planning on attending the virtual retirement party on Facebook live?

You aren't going to miss his complaining about pros wearing tight shirts? Pure insightful sports journalism!

Will miss Mr. Miller.His insight is always appreciated by me.Now Joe Buck? Not so much

• Like 1

Ditto

People want honesty and then when they get it they don't like it. I like Miller and will miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I guess that is why I like him. I like that he gets a little negative with the pros, doesn't pull punches, says "That was a bad shot," throws shade for laying up. It's kind of fun and I figure pros should be able to take it.

Sure he makes the face-palm comment here and there, but show me another golf announcer who doesn't (Gary McCord can get down right bizarre). Talking for 4-5 hours about golf can't be easy. 

Ditto

People want honesty and then when they get it they don't like it. I like Miller and will miss him.

I think Miller is one of the best at doing what he does. Sure, he's not perfect but neither am I. But I like a man that tells it like it is and is willing to stick his neck out. And Johnny will do that. I wish he'd had more of a senior career going for him. Back in the day the man was an awesome player.

• Like 3

American commentators don't really cut it for me.

I'd prefer an older English guy with an upper crust accent.

It's just a mood setter.

• Like 1

I dig him. Just because their professionals doesn't mean they can't be critiqued/criticized. Why I hate gruden and jaws. They love everyone and it gets annoying.

I'm a Johnny Miller fan. In fact he was one of my favorite players when I started golfing.

• Like 1

I like Johnny Miller too, he tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat things. If it is a bad shot, it is a bad shot.

I also like that he will critique Tiger just like everyone else.

• Like 1

Did anyone else watching the Dell this afternoon catch Miller describing Tyrell Hatton's lie on #18 as a "muffburger"? Lol!

• Like 3

If they put a cheerleader in his place golf will be a lot more boring to watch.  You need someone there who doesn't pull punches to counterbalance all the rah rah rah stuff and constant fawning over how great the pros are.   They are great and we all know that but Johnny has glimpsed a level of golf most of us will never see and his no holds barred insights are very refreshing in this day and age. 

• Like 1

Don't like some of his comments about the obvious like if he would have hit that on the right line and right speed he would have made it. Some, well duh comments but bottom line is he understands the swing and the game, he calls it like it is which I do appreciate and I'll take him to Joe Buck, Brad Faxon and a host of others any day.

• Like 1

I'll miss him just like I miss Keith Jackson; hate seeing the names I grew up with leaving the scene. I've always enjoyed his commentary and his career stats are worthy of a little bragging IMHO.

I think anyone in any position for too long can become stale.  Johnny has always said what he felt and has never deviated from that.  Show me any public personality that doesn't have an ego.  I do feel they need to change things up.  This next year with the Fed-Ex changes would be a good opportunity.  Like I said I have respect for the entire golf announcing community.  If I need a break, there is a Mute Button.  So here is he million dollar question, should they replace him with an former LPGA professional? 

• Like 2