Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Lamkin launches EBL with 3Gen

Moecat

http://www.golfclubbusiness.com/index.p ... entry13759

SAN DIEGO, Nov.15 2010—Founder Elver B. Lamkin established the company on golf grip innovation and then built the organization into a leader of the entire grip market. “We're proud to honor my grandfather with new putter grips named with his initials,” says Bob Lamkin, the third generation CEO of Lamkin Corporation. The E.B.L. Putter Grips feature proven functional and innovative 3GEN synthetic rubber compound that can help golfers improve control of their strokes. The four E.B.L. models combine popular and timeless shapes with this revolutionary year-old material, allowing golfers to keep their forearms relaxed, apply very light grip pressure and minimize hand tension for smooth, consistent strokes.

E.B.L. Pistol

Because putting is all about feel, the E.B.L. Pistol putter grip touts the thin, smaller pistol shape better golfers seek. It's made of Lamkin's patent pending 3GEN material, which is a synthetic rubber compound that reduces any vibration without dulling the feel of the putt. This allows you to keep your forearms relaxed, apply very light grip pressure and minimize hand tension for smooth, consistent strokes. The grip features opposing patterns on top and back – both with optimized surface-to-pattern ratios to promote the best possible feel, as well as maximize hand traction and tackiness. The top gray panel has a repeating pattern of tees, while the black backside has alternating-sized ovals – so that your fingers get a slightly different feel than your thumbs. The color combination creates a traditional muted look that better players gravitate toward. (Weight: 73 grams, MSRP: $7.99)

E.B.L. Smooth Pistol

This grip bears the same thin, small pistol shape as the E.B.L. Pistol, but has no surface pattern -- resulting in a super-soft feel and ultimate tackiness. It's made of Lamkin's patent pending 3GEN material, which is a synthetic rubber compound that reduces any vibration without dulling the feel of the putt. This allows you to keep your forearms relaxed, apply light grip pressure and minimize hand tension for smooth, consistent strokes. The material will not absorb any moisture, and its tackiness is activated by toweling off the grip or using a light abrasive brush. It continually performs better if it's cleaned regularly. This all-white grip's only marking is a Lamkin logo. (Weight: 79 grams, MSRP: $6.99)

E.B.L. Paddle

This standard-sized paddle grip features opposing patterns on top and back – both with optimized surface-to-pattern ratios to promote the best possible feel, as well as maximize hand traction and tackiness. The red front panel has a repeating pattern of tees, while the black backside has alternating-sized ovals – so that your fingers get a slightly different feel than your thumbs. The grip itself is thicker than the E.B.L. Pistol and has a more constant taper. Thus, it fits differently in a golfer's hands than the E.B.L. Pistol. It's made of Lamkin's patent pending 3GEN material, which is a synthetic rubber compound that reduces vibration without dulling the feel of your putt. This allows you to keep your forearms relaxed, apply very light grip pressure and minimize hand tension for smooth, consistent strokes. The material will not absorb any moisture, and by simply brushing it with a wet towel, not only will any dirt or grime be removed from the grip, but also the material's incredible tackiness will be reactivated. (Weight: 76 grams, MSRP: $8.99)

E.B.L. Midsize Paddle

This larger paddle-shaped grip is ideal for golfers with bigger hands or for those who want to take their wrists out of the stroke. It features opposing patterns on the front and rear that feel distinctively different from one another. This grip also boasts the same opposing pattern as the E.B.L. Pistol and E.B.L. Paddle – so that your fingers get a slightly different feel than your thumbs. It's made of Lamkin's patent pending 3GEN material, which is a synthetic rubber compound that reduces vibration without dulling the feel of your putts. This allows you to keep your forearms relaxed, apply light grip pressure and minimize hand tension for smooth, consistent strokes. By simply brushing it with a wet towel, not only will any dirt or grime be removed from the grip, but also the material's incredible tackiness will be reactivated. (Weight: 93 grams, MSRP: $10.99)

Lamkin Corporation, a privately owned company headquartered in San Diego, has been manufacturing the highest quality and best performing grips in the golf industry for over 85 years. From golf's finest leather grips to unmatched proprietary compounds such as patent pending 3GEN, Lamkin grips give players at every level a better feel for their game. This history of excellence has made Lamkin the chosen grip of nearly every major club manufacturer and golfers throughout the world, including Mr. Arnold Palmer.

• SPY VIP

Smooth does look good. Like the Iomic look without the iomic price. Would be cool to see a head to head review with the Iomic, Premio, and these. All seem similar to my eye.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I use the 3gen performance plus on all of my clubs (except the putter) and I have to say they are the best feeling grips Ive tried. If I hadnt bought new Superstroke slims for my putters this year, I would be buying these too.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

the only problem i have with them is the weight. they are about 30g heavier than the iomic for the midsize. that bothers me, because it lowers the headweight of the putter.

In My Bag

Driver- PING G15 (10.5*)

Shaft- Miyazaki C. Kua 39

Fairway- PING G15 (15.5*)

Shaft- Matrix Studio 64

Fairway- PING G15 (18.5*)

Shaft- Oban Revenge 6

Hybrid- PING I15 (20*)

Shaft- UST Mamiya Attas 285

Irons- PING I15 (5-PW)

Shafts- AeroTech SteelFiber i80

Wedges- PING Tour-S (54*, 60*)