hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedges

That's great to hear, as I enjoy trying to be creative around the green. It's not always pretty, but it's one of the things I enjoy about the game. Love the video by the way, I opened it up expecting to see you executing shot after shot with the 56. The Indiana Jones reference is on point and I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I opened it. It might have gotten messy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's great to hear, as I enjoy trying to be creative around the green. It's not always pretty, but it's one of the things I enjoy about the game. Love the video by the way, I opened it up expecting to see you executing shot after shot with the 56. The Indiana Jones reference is on point and I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I opened it. It might have gotten messy.

ha! well I'm hoping to have some more videos soon. I just picked up an action cam for this specific purpose. Weather's cooling down here in AZ which means more golf is to be played!

• Like 1

I think you can play all year in AZ. Lol. I just played an overcast windy day high of 47 but my car said 41. I was wearing enough layers though. I also had a cart cover. I also came down with a pretty bad cold the day after but I’m sure it was no relation hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my new wedge in today and I've got to say, it's sexy. I like the minimalistic approach they took designing these. It's just clean, very little paint fill and nothing over extravagant. I wish I could get a good photo of the handle, but it's late here and the black doesn't really pop like I would like it to under the lights of my house. 20181016_190801.jpeg

I love the milling on the face, it gives me confidence that the ball will just zip back when it hits the green. 20181016_190813.jpeg

Another thing, and I believe all of you brought this up, the badging is in no way as gaudy as it looks in the stock photos. They make it look like someone stuck a stop sign on the back, and it's nothing like that.

I can't wait to get out and hit it. It's a shame it's raining and dark here.

• Like 6

I got my new wedge in today and I've got to say, it's sexy. I like the minimalistic approach they took designing these. It's just clean, very little paint fill and nothing over extravagant. I wish I could get a good photo of the handle, but it's late here and the black doesn't really pop like I would like it to under the lights of my house. 20181016_190801.jpeg.c49173dd052fa2285b55436414728eae.jpeg

I love the milling on the face, it gives me confidence that the ball will just zip back when it hits the green. 20181016_190813.jpeg.ef61f966b8d9d513a3d5ee4f717cae08.jpeg

Another thing, and I believe all of you brought this up, the badging is in no way as gaudy as it looks in the stock photos. They make it look like someone stuck a stop sign on the back, and it's nothing like that.

I can't wait to get out and hit it. It's a shame it's raining and dark here.

That's awesome! Congrats! Assuming it's everything you hope it is, would you consider any of the others? 60° or maybe lower down the line-up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's awesome! Congrats! Assuming it's everything you hope it is, would you consider any of the others? 60° or maybe lower down the line-up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Stu, I'm definitely considering buying another one. Right now I'm thinking about the 52, as I have a gap I need to fill. Maybe I can convince the wife that it's something I can't live without as a birthday present.

• Like 3

Stu, I'm definitely considering buying another one. Right now I'm thinking about the 52, as I have a gap I need to fill. Maybe I can convince the wife that it's something I can't live without as a birthday present.

Definitely worth any extra “Honey Do” list items. Enjoy that 56°
  • Like 1

Yea I didn’t get the 56 but it will be great i got the 54 and didn’t like it at first but it speaks volumes it’s my favorite club now. I feel and pull off a lot of magic around the greens to save par or even bogey

• Like 1

This club just wants to spin the ball, I've never hit anything like it. I went to the range today to do my SuperSpeed training, so it was a great day tho break out the 56. I didn't get to hit the practice green, but our range has an area that is more closely mowed, so I hit to that. Wow. That's all I can say. I could see a difference on how the ball was landing. I can't describe it, but it was completely different than anything I've hit before. Wow.

I'm gonna be playing tomorrow and I can't wait to see it in action.

Plus, it just feels good.

• Like 4

I was able to get nine holes in today and get an idea how the Bridgestone wedge was going to work for me. I'm loving it. I normally play a two piece distance ball, but hit up Wal-Mart for some used urethane balls to check out the spin. I hit two shots from about 40 yards and they stopped no more than two feet from the pitch mark. (Now gotta work on accuracy) I wasn't able to get any to spin back, but they were aerating the greens. I tried a low, spinning pitch shot on the last hole and was pleasantly surprised by how quick it stopped. I only left myself a 35 footer because I didn't get it out far enough. rps20181022_210745.jpeg

• Like 6

I was able to get nine holes in today and get an idea how the Bridgestone wedge was going to work for me. I'm loving it. I normally play a two piece distance ball, but hit up Wal-Mart for some used urethane balls to check out the spin. I hit two shots from about 40 yards and they stopped no more than two feet from the pitch mark. (Now gotta work on accuracy) I wasn't able to get any to spin back, but they were aerating the greens. I tried a low, spinning pitch shot on the last hole and was pleasantly surprised by how quick it stopped. I only left myself a 35 footer because I didn't get it out far enough. rps20181022_210745.thumb.jpeg.92fea40d59a7bff9395367d0f26706b1.jpeg

Glad you’re liking them! Time and practice, you’ll get the full use of that wand!
  • Like 2

Working on a video, I finally got the launch monitor working. The college coach was in there and got it set up right for me. Perfect timing for an update before the new review hits.

My full 56° was carrying around 94, with spin numbers up in the 11,000’s. Video to follow.

• Like 3

Video attached, hopefully you can read the data.

I’m working on a new swing, second one is a push.

• Like 4

Video attached, hopefully you can read the data.

I’m working on a new swing, second one is a push.

Holy crap! Is there such a thing as too much spin? JK that's pretty sweet though!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

Holy crap! Is there such a thing as too much spin? JK that's pretty sweet though!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

And that’s on a well used club.

Nice one shank. I’m probably going to try to head to this golf some with shot tracer tech. Hopefully I’ll get all my numbers figured out for the season. We’ll see. Hopefully the wife lets me out I been real good this winter.

• Like 1